PDA

View Full Version : What is the Fiesta Bowl practice schedule?

webfoot
12/20/2010, 10:06 PM
in Arizona? Will any of them be open to the public?

TUSooner
12/20/2010, 10:40 PM
I heard we're not practicing for U Conn. According to Edsall.

Whet
12/20/2010, 11:05 PM
Practice? We don't need no stinkin' practice! With the power running game of the mighty UConn team, it would do us no good! Massive, quick OL, best running back OU will ever see, and a QB that's smart.

cvsooner
12/21/2010, 12:52 AM
Everyone arrives in Phoenix on the 26th at 1:30 p.m. None of the practices will be open to the public; they'll practice at Scottsdale Community College.

Here's the schedule according to the media guide, though there's no time set:

12/26 practice; media has access for first 15 minutes
12/27 practice: same; stressing defense
12/28 practice: same; stressing offense
12/29 practice: closed
12/30 looks open?
12/31 practice; closed

Edited...had the wrong month in there. Whoops...

The media guide is pretty cool to look at: http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/media_guide.html

The Sooners will follow a fairly normal game week practice schedule, if history is any guide. They're practicing now...and wrap it up, practice wise, Wednesday, according to Stoops at his press conference today. Thursday they'll put in the gameplan and then let everyone go for Christmas.

Harry Beanbag
12/21/2010, 01:35 AM
...they'll practice at Scottsdale Community College.

http://voices.mysanantonio.com/rondatempleton/Fighting%20Artichokes.jpg

85sooners
12/21/2010, 02:45 AM
:gary:

webfoot
12/21/2010, 05:17 PM
Here's the schedule according to the media guide, though there's no time set:

9/26 practice; media has access for first 15 minutes
9/27 practice: same; stressing defense
9/28 practice: same; stressing offense
9/29 practice: closed
9/30 looks open?
9/31 practice; closed

Thanks - I guess I'll need to find something else to do from the 29th to gameday.

Widescreen
12/21/2010, 05:29 PM
9/26 practice; media has access for first 15 minutes
9/27 practice: same; stressing defense
9/28 practice: same; stressing offense
9/29 practice: closed
9/30 looks open?
9/31 practice; closed

2 problems with this schedule.

1) The game will be over by next September
2) September doesn't have a 31st day

We're so screwed.

BoomerJack
12/21/2010, 05:47 PM
Practice? We don't need no stinkin' practice! With the power running game of the mighty UConn team, it would do us no good! Massive, quick OL, best running back OU will ever see, and a QB that's smart.

And don't forget the fact that the Huskies have been lifting weights and watching Sooner game film.

FirstandGoal
12/21/2010, 06:50 PM
2 problems with this schedule.

1) The game will be over by next September
2) September doesn't have a 31st day

We're so screwed.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought something was wrong with this. :O

I Am Right
12/21/2010, 07:21 PM
this Thurdsay will be last practice this week, report in glendale the 26th for game planning and begin game week.

Wishboned
12/21/2010, 09:25 PM
"It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that? ... Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about practice right now. ... Hey I hear you, it's funny to me too, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about practice man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about practice ... How the hell can I make my teammates better by practicing?"