PDA

View Full Version : anybody watch Ghost Hunters or GHI?

Osce0la
12/20/2010, 05:45 PM
My wife said she watched an episode of one of them and they caught a bunch of voices screaming and crying and I have looked for the video on youtube but have no idea what episode it was or which show it was from...anybody watch these shows and have any idea what I'm talking about?

swardboy
12/20/2010, 07:44 PM
Sorry, I'm a MonsterQuest kinda guy.

GKeeper316
12/20/2010, 08:05 PM
ghosthunters is the damn dumbest show on tv. my sister loves it. when i try to point out to her the complete lack of any actual scientific methodology, it feels like when i try to have a conversation with an evangelical christian about his belief system.

people think what they want to think and no amount of logic will sway them, as if there's some sort of nobility in ignorance.

GDC
12/20/2010, 08:11 PM
My former in-laws are into that stuff. They were going to start their own show called S*H*I*T, or Supernatural Hunters In Tahlequah.

MR2-Sooner86
12/20/2010, 08:32 PM
Sorry, I'm a MonsterQuest kinda guy.

ghosthunters is the damn dumbest show on tv. my sister loves it. when i try to point out to her the complete lack of any actual scientific methodology, it feels like when i try to have a conversation with an evangelical christian about his belief system.

people think what they want to think and no amount of logic will sway them, as if there's some sort of nobility in ignorance.

Here's what I hate about both shows, you don't see a damn thing. When was the last time you ever saw anything cool on MonsterQuest besides the CGI monster they're suppose to be looking for?

As for Ghost Hunters...we have people in a dark building with creepy music playing and they keep saying, "HOLY **** WHAT WAS THAT?!" or "DID YOU HEAR THAT!? OVER THERE!" You can't hear what they hear either because of said creepy music playing over any sounds and you don't know if it's what they hear or the music. Then, at the very end of the show we have static voices that you can't make out, the guys saying "I felt something" and temperature readings that don't show any evidence at all other than it was cold in said room. Every once in a great while you MIGHT see something cool at the end of the show but that's very rare and there's no way to proove if it's real or setup.

MR2-Sooner86
12/20/2010, 08:38 PM
viQwedj9Vcc

Boomer.....
12/21/2010, 09:31 AM
Here's what I hate about both shows, you don't see a damn thing. When was the last time you ever saw anything cool on MonsterQuest besides the CGI monster they're suppose to be looking for?

As for Ghost Hunters...we have people in a dark building with creepy music playing and they keep saying, "HOLY **** WHAT WAS THAT?!" or "DID YOU HEAR THAT!? OVER THERE!" You can't hear what they hear either because of said creepy music playing over any sounds and you don't know if it's what they hear or the music. Then, at the very end of the show we have static voices that you can't make out, the guys saying "I felt something" and temperature readings that don't show any evidence at all other than it was cold in said room. Every once in a great while you MIGHT see something cool at the end of the show but that's very rare and there's no way to proove if it's real or setup.

My wife and I watch both shows and love them.

Destination Truth is the show to watch instead of Monster Quest. It is funny but they find some cool evidence. Here's an example:

VMGOWWFJ03E

As far as Ghost Hunters, that show is by far the most in depth and skeptical show of all the ghost shows. They do not jump to conclusions, like other shows do, and try to find other explanations before they consider something paranormal. They do play music and sounds but when something is about to happen, they cut it out. Some people may not believe but they provide tons of evidence otherwise.

Soonerntxs
12/21/2010, 10:05 AM
Hooked on DT, GH & GHI; we have also been watching Josh fagen on Ghost Adventures. I don't know if the shows are real or not, but I have seen 2things in my life that i have no idea how to explain them, other than paranormal.

Ike
12/21/2010, 11:26 AM
To answer the original question: No.

soonerscuba
12/21/2010, 11:37 AM
The best show of this type is River Monsters, mainly because the guy is interesting and the things he goes after always actually exist, maybe not according to legend, but there is an explanation.

saucysoonergal
12/21/2010, 11:47 AM
I like "Castle", now that is a good show. ;)

cantwait48
12/21/2010, 11:59 AM
I've seen some decent footage on GH, not sure if it is faked or what but some images they have caught on film and coat hangers flying across the room, etc. have been pretty interesting. monster quest I think got really stupid trying to look for giant pigs and snakes and stuff like that, I wouldn't exactly call feral pigs monsters.

jumperstop
12/21/2010, 12:08 PM
The best show of this type is River Monsters, mainly because the guy is interesting and the things he goes after always actually exist, maybe not according to legend, but there is an explanation.

I like that show, but after watching the marathon of it I'll probably never watch again. Most episodes are basically the same.

As for Ghost Hunters, it's cool if you believe in ghost, but a lot of times they have recordings of what the ghost said and most of the time it's hella exaggerated. It's static that they made sound like what they want to hear by changing the frequency.

jumperstop
12/21/2010, 12:10 PM
I've seen some decent footage on GH, not sure if it is faked or what but some images they have caught on film and coat hangers flying across the room, etc. have been pretty interesting. monster quest I think got really stupid trying to look for giant pigs and snakes and stuff like that, I wouldn't exactly call feral pigs monsters.

Yeah it's better than looking for bigfoot. I bet I can predict the end of the episode, they don't find him.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/21/2010, 12:11 PM
I have a feral monster in my pants.

jumperstop
12/21/2010, 12:19 PM

Sounds dangerous, might want to get that out of there. :D

saucysoonergal
12/21/2010, 01:23 PM

You might want to buy some Rid or some other treatment like this:

http://www.scumdoctor.com/images/How-To-Get-Rid-Of-Pubic-Lice.jpg

GDC
12/21/2010, 07:01 PM
I've seen the Illinois River Monster.

There's also a little museum in Fouke, Arkansas dedicated to the Boggy Creek Monster.

Skunk apes are the awesome.

usaosooner
12/21/2010, 07:53 PM
I'm a Paranormal State kinda guy

Osce0la
12/27/2010, 09:24 PM

WRONG!!!! Ghost Hunters people (TAPS) always say "What the hell was that?"