PDA

View Full Version : The Gary England Drinking Game

Rhino
5/26/2004, 06:08 PM
THE GARY ENGLAND DRINKING GAME
http://www.newsok.com/images/news9_england_200x150.jpg

Be ready when severe weather is imminent, because Gary will be on TV and YOU will be drinking.

Take a drink whenever you hear Gary say one of these things:
"hook echo"
"updraft"
"metro"
"Val"
"gittner"
"wall cloud"
"Ranger 9"
"immediate tornado precautions"
"underground"
"mobile home"

Take TWO drinks whenever Gary says one of the following:
"baseball size hail"
"Waterloo Road"
"Pottawatomie County"

Take THREE drinks whenever Gary says one of the following:
Gotebo, Slapout, Burns Flat, Corn, Lookeba, Oktaha, Olustee, Ofuskee, Shattuck, Slaughterville, Tryon, Wayne, Payne, Weleetka, Wetumkah

Add to it as you may.

Boarder
5/26/2004, 06:13 PM
One drink:
On the ground
Mezocyclone
Scud

A whole beverage if someone uses "Tornado" as a verb.

The weather coverage is really getting out of hand, nowadays. David Payne said there was a tornado on the ground in the current Union City/El Reno storm. One the ground, then he said it was close. Then he said it made it 30%. They have really lost it.

Notice 9 HAD to get the country music awards on there. Some people would've hung Gary out to dry.

TrophyCollector
5/26/2004, 06:15 PM
"We'll keep you advised"

Everyone in the room has to finish whatever is in front of them.

sooneron
5/26/2004, 06:33 PM
"We'll keep you advised"

Everyone in the room has to finish whatever is in front of them.
BRILLIANT!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/26/2004, 07:41 PM
2 drinks if he says Moore or Mid/Del City

Down the whole bottle if he mentions your closest cross streets to you

OUrealdeal
5/26/2004, 08:03 PM
All I know is that when Gary sees Rip, Tootie, Loretta (in her red dress), Kelly Ogle, and Amy Mcree in the pontoon boat, he's had toooo much to drink!!!! And if you listen to his weather reports on the radio, that happens everyday!!! Who needs to go to AA now, bitches!?!

TrophyCollector
5/26/2004, 08:12 PM
All I know is that when Gary sees Rip, Tootie, Loretta (in her red dress), Kelly Ogle, and Amy Mcree in the pontoon boat, he's had toooo much to drink!!!! And if you listen to his weather reports on the radio, that happens everyday!!! Who needs to go to AA now, bitches!?!

I think realDeal isn't playing the game right, she drinks whenever she sees a cloud in the sky...or stars...or the sun.

sooneron
5/26/2004, 08:39 PM
... or the Bud house...

[where's that winky face?]

GeneralCartmanLee
5/26/2004, 10:22 PM
What about MOAR?

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/26/2004, 10:23 PM
When realdeal name drops a local celebrity, float the keg.

OUrealdeal
5/26/2004, 10:27 PM
... or the Bud house...

[where's that winky face?]
I haven't been to the Bud in a long time!!! And as for you BEANO who is the last person I named dropped, huh???? I didn't mention what I did last night!! I didn't bring up the star studed birthday party I went to! THANKU!! I've left out tawdry events lately i wouldn't have to deal with this!! THANK YOU!....lol

SteelPanz
5/26/2004, 11:13 PM
Okay, like mentioned earlier, TORNADO used as a verb is the most stereotypical, hick term anyone can label on all Okies when, in reality, only a few goofballs on live TV use it.

"Gary, it looks like things are organizing. It might possibly tornado here momentarily." Yeah, heard that crap today.

Jimminy Crimson
5/26/2004, 11:20 PM
Take one drink if you hear:
'take shelter'
'interior closet'
helmet
'portable radio'
ditch

If Gary rattles off numerous counties, ie; Logan, Pottawatomie, Osage, etc..., you must take as many drinks as counties he names.

When you hear 'Tornado warning/watch in effect until [insert time here]', you have to take a drink.

When you hear 'Tornado warning/watch has expired for so and so county', you must finish your drink in honor of that county.

OUstudent4life
5/27/2004, 07:24 AM
Pick your favortie storm chaser, and take a drink every time his/her name is mentioned.

But if Gary talks to Val, everyone drinks.

OUstudent4life
5/27/2004, 07:26 AM
BTW, did Val do something to make Gary angry like 15 years ago, and he's still forced to be out chasing storms?

I get a picture of the guy in the helicopter on The Simpsons crashing into the mountain every time I hear Gary say "We've lost Val."

In fact, yeah, every time "We've lost Val" you must pour a little of your drink out for your homies.

Phil
5/27/2004, 09:20 AM
Someone needs to compile this into a full-on guide, like the Brent Musberger drinking game. I'll even post it on the site for all to link to. This is some funny stuff.

Probably ought to make it more generic, though, since some people watch the other stations.

Phil
5/27/2004, 09:22 AM
Oh, yeah, everyone has to finish and refill their drinks when the helicopter (Ranger 9 or Chopper 4 - 5 is too cheap for a helicopter anymore) has to land to refuel.

Beef
5/27/2004, 09:27 AM
Since I'm out of the Gary England viewing area, could y'all just let me know what I owe every day?

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/27/2004, 09:28 AM
when they get a local authority on the phone from a town that the storm has already gone through.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/27/2004, 09:45 AM
Everyone takes a shot if you hear:

'will someone please answer that phone...?'

or

'do you see any power flayshes...?'

viper
5/27/2004, 05:42 PM
Finish every beverage in the area if you hear any of the weather casters say "Holy crap I've never seen anything that big in my life, there's no hope for survival so drink em if you got em!

XingTheRubicon
5/27/2004, 06:14 PM
LA Sooners home page has the Brent Mushhead drinking]
game..........it's hilarious.

it's a foot race., is a good one
in the college game
good ol buddy jack arute
pardner
calling major applewhite "The Major"

funny stuff

Penguin
5/27/2004, 06:28 PM
Drink a shot when they break into a program in progress.

Drink 2 shots if they interrupt your favorite show.

Also, drink a shot for every color on that weather map that takes up a quarter of your screen.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/27/2004, 08:18 PM
If one of them calls a tornado "beautiful" take one drink

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/10/2004, 07:01 PM
Take a drink if they say "get out of mobile homes and vehicles."

Jimminy Crimson
11/10/2004, 07:02 PM
Who'dve thunk we'd be able to play this game well into November? :norm:

Dio
11/10/2004, 08:12 PM
2 drinks if he says Moore

Way ahead of ya!

nanimonai
11/11/2004, 12:09 AM
Okay, I would like to know if there's any poor bastard here from Okarche (sp?) ?
Seems like every time there's a tornado, it is happening in or near Okarche. I don't even know where the hell Okarche is but I imagine it looks something like Hiroshima in September, 1945.

Mjcpr
11/11/2004, 12:10 AM
NW of OKC.

dolemitesooner
11/11/2004, 12:40 AM
Can I just drink period, or do I have to wait for one of these things to be said? Is that breaking the rules?

Rhino
4/10/2005, 08:35 PM
bump

BudSooner
4/10/2005, 09:35 PM
2 drinks if he says Moore or Mid/Del City

Down the whole bottle if he mentions your closest cross streets to you
We had this in Tulsa, channel 2 said there was a funnel spotted(at night of all times)at 51st&Union....our place at the time was about 1 1/2 miles east from where they spotted it.
My wife grabbed the kids,some blankets,pillows....I grabbed a 12 pack from the fridge. :D
That was pretty scary though, it touched down briefly to the west of us...those nightime storms are the worst.

Oh, you have to take two shots if Gary and his cohorts say they are taking cover.

SactoSooner
4/10/2005, 09:38 PM
All out drunken blitz if the tornado hits the Channel 9 station, like it did a few years ago.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/10/2005, 09:59 PM
If Gary/Mike/Rick tells you to take cover immediately because the tornado is coming your way and the power goes off in your home, your best bet is to move your liquor stash into the closet/bathtub/saferoom with you. From experience, you are going to need it.