PDA

View Full Version : How is your Fantasy Football Season(s) going?

Collier11
12/20/2010, 02:24 AM
I am in 5 leagues (all free)

Playing for the title in one
Playing for 3rd in one
Playing for 5th in two
Really really sucked in another

SoonerLB
12/20/2010, 02:27 AM
Playing for the title in one, and for third in the other.

EnragedOUfan
12/20/2010, 02:49 AM
I'm down by 2 1/2 points in my league, my opponent has no one playing tonight, and I still have Chicago's defense against Minnesota's Offense who is Farveless. If I win, I'm in the superbowl. Our league is with NFL.com. This is my first season and I must say, fantasy football is extremely addicting. I really enjoy it because I'm forced to follow the NFL weekly, which means more football along with College. Its crazy, but I've made it this far by going with matchups at the QB position: I've started Cutler, Cassel, Fitzpatrick, Garrard, Bradford, Collins, and Kitna. Jon Kitna has been my best QB this season (he's scored big when I needed him to). If I win tonight, my opponent next week will have Vick, Lesean McCoy, and AD.....A huge three headed monster. But I first must win.......Let's go Chicago.

Collier11
12/20/2010, 02:52 AM
The team I thought would be the best was my worst and the team I paid the least amount of attention to up until recently is in the championship, lol

oudavid1
12/20/2010, 02:55 AM

Playing for 3rd in one
Playing for 5th in two

just when i texted you back.......F(BLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEP)K!

I cant believe i lost. And whats worse is the person is on this board, somewhere.

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2010, 04:45 AM
The team I thought would be the best was my worst and the team I paid the least amount of attention to up until recently is in the championship, lol

Michael Vick killed me yesterday:). I beat you twice early in the season, so I figured I had the win in the bag. Then I noticed that you had one player score 38 points and I figured I was doomed. You did a really good job with that team towards the end.

pappy
12/20/2010, 06:01 AM
Going for the title

proudsoonergal
12/20/2010, 07:20 AM
In two leagues. This week is the first round of playoffs for one (free), and second round for the other league (pay). I doubled up my opponent in the free league, so on to the championship game next week! In the pay league, I won the first round of playoffs last week (I was up over 40 against my opponent going into last Mon night, but he had Mason, Boldin, and Nicks, so I won by less than 5), and am currently up 16 on my round two opponent. I'm done, and he has the Minn D left to play tonight. I bet my opponent is really kicking himself that he left Vincent Jackson on the bench this week. :D

Sooner95
12/20/2010, 08:34 AM
Bah, going to lose in 1st rnd of playoffs, freggin Moreno getting hurt killed me..

Landthief 1972
12/20/2010, 09:41 AM
2 teams on Yahoo.

Just won the semi-final in one league for the privilege to get my butt kicked by a guy with 2 losses all year next week.

In the other league, I'm losing 62.52 to 69.22. His team is done, and I have one player left - Adrian Peterson. Peterson scored 2.9 points last week with the 2nd string QB, and the Vikings will be using the 3rd string QB tonight. I'm guessing Chicago will stack 10 guys on the line with one deep safety all night long. Favre picked a hell of a time to end his playing streak. Sigh.

sooner518
12/20/2010, 09:46 AM
one team (having 2 teams makes little sense to me) that finished the regular season in first place at 9-3. Last week was the first round of playoffs and pre-game, ESPN was talking about how it would be impossible to throw the ball in Chicago and that no one would throw it at all, so I made a stupid decision and sat Tom Brady and put in Sam Bradford.

I ended up losing to the worst team in the league by 3 points. Had an all-around catastrophic day as my RBs and WRs did nothing.

My starting lineup yesterday, which is losing by 3 points going into tonight:
Tom Brady
Maurice Jones-Drew
Arian Foster
Sidney Rice
Mike Wallace
Miles Austin
Gresham ( ;) ) I drafted him as a joke but Antonio Gates went down and he was all I had left....
Steelers D
the kicker from GB

stoops the eternal pimp
12/20/2010, 10:04 AM
5 teams...5 finals...I probably only have a chance to win 3 of them

budbarrybob
12/20/2010, 10:32 AM
I'm sure i'll get the worst manager of the year. I was out after week 2 and stopped trying after week 6

rekamrettuB
12/20/2010, 10:35 AM
Going to lose in Semis. Tom Brady and the Pats O let me down last night. I'm down 40 w/ AD still to go but it's hopeless. Biggest injury of the year for me was Brett Farve....and I didn't even have him on my roster.

TUSooner
12/20/2010, 10:36 AM
Stunk up the joint, but no money was involved. I had the distinction in my league of having more points scored against me than were scored against any other player. About 220 more than the average "points against." Didn't even make the consolation playoff.

TopDawg
12/20/2010, 10:40 AM
I'm down by 21 points in the semi's. Heading into last night's game I was down by 12 with Woodhead still left to play on my team and my opponent had Jennings. I figured there would be no way for Woodhead to score the 12+ points I needed, so I benched him in favor of Webb (Minnesota's starting QB who has WR eligibility). I'm hoping (but not optimistic) for a 3-TD performance against the Bears on a frozen Minnesota tundra.

I'm screwed.

But at least it'll make my opponent sweat it out another day.

I finished the season in 2nd as the highest point-scorer, but Hillis and my WRs have left me out to dry in the playoffs. I had Collie on the bench this week...which hurts...but even if I would've played him, I would probably lose unless I would've played Eli or Peyton. My opponent had Vick and Cooley who both went nuts in their 4th quarters. I saw a 30-point fantasy lead disappear in a matter of about 5 minutes.

IndySooner
12/20/2010, 10:40 AM
DeShawn Jackson's KO return beat me in the semifinals. Ugh.

TopDawg
12/20/2010, 10:46 AM
DeShawn Jackson's KO return beat me in the semifinals. Ugh.

That really sucks.

I had a friend who lost in the finals a year or two ago because of Adrian's fumble in OT. I think the fumble ended up costing him a few hundred dollars. I told him he should sent a letter to AD. That's chump change.

IndySooner
12/20/2010, 10:50 AM
That really sucks.

I had a friend who lost in the finals a year or two ago because of Adrian's fumble in OT. I think the fumble ended up costing him a few hundred dollars. I told him he should sent a letter to AD. That's chump change.

Yep. That return cost me a hundred minimum. Oh well. It happens. I had Feeley last week when he ran the fake field goal in for 7 fantasy points. Of course, I won by 30+, but that was still a fluke fantasy play.

Also doesn't help that Ochocinco, Branch, Boldin and Gonzalez combined to get me 8 points for the week. I should have easily won this week but my receivers and TE were a no-show.

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/20/2010, 10:58 AM
First year to every play(I knew I'd be hooked) and am playing for 5th in the yahoo league a few of you are in and in the Shiva Bowl for the other but it is a pay league so I'm guaranteed to be profitable in my first fantasy football season. Just gotta hope MJD and Forte don't go off next week and I should be good.

nativesooner
12/20/2010, 11:28 AM
I decided to only do one this year, as opposed to 4 or 5 as in the previous years. Winners pot is $350 and a rinky dink trophy. I'm in the championship after yesterday.

SoonerPr8r
12/20/2010, 11:35 AM
In two. In the finals in both. I have a better chance of winning the one with money on the line.

TopDawg
12/20/2010, 11:41 AM
My first year of FFB, I won the league. It would've been fall of 2000 I think. Culpepper, Shaun Alexander and Deuce McAllister led me to the promised land.

In 2005 I pulled of a two-fer. Won both leagues I was in and beat two of my good friends in the championship games. 2006 was a good year for bragging rights.

Last year I finished 2nd to my bro-in-law. This year I'm probably going to get ousted in the semis by the guy that I beat for the title in 2005. I had it coming. In '05, I had Portis and Cooley and Portis threw a TD to Cooley in the week of the championship game. Also, he had Steve Smith and that was the game where he was thrown out in the 1st quarter. I had luck on my side that year.

SoonerAtKU
12/20/2010, 04:00 PM
I only play in one a year, normally, but it's a 20-team league. Pickings are slim and you really have to watch the injury reports and waiver wire, because you have to be fast to pick up someone who replaces a player or gets hot. I picked up Vick (undrafted) as soon as Kolb went down, and he carried me to the 2nd seed. Same record as #1, but he scored more overall points than I did.

Then, Dwayne Bowe and Greg Jennings both had QBs get hurt and turned in 4 points total for the first round of our playoffs and I'm stuck in the consolation bracket, playing for 5th. Killed it this round, though. Over 150 points total.

Vick
S. Jackson
Bowe
Jennings
Amendola
Daniel Fells (Heap when he's not injured)
Sims-Walker
Janikowski

Philly D

Individual Def
Curtis Lofton
Charles Woodson
London Fletcher

ouleaf
12/20/2010, 04:23 PM
It's been a very disappointing season to say the least.

12 man PPR league, so you really gotta make your picks count from the getgo. Unfortunately drew the 10th pick so that pretty much put me out of picking up any elite RB and had to run with guys that weren't workhorse RBs in DeAngelo Williams and Joseph Addai, but I figured they could hide behind lower rushing totals and make up for it with catches out of the backfield. Carolina turned out to be terrible and Williams went down with injury, as did Addai and both had very dissapointing season. I also unfortunately bought into the Ryan Matthews hype, but he too was injured often.

Also leveraged a lot of my season in going with Schaub at QB 1. He has pretty much been a flop this season after coming off what was by far his best season last year.

I did have a nice WR corp of Greg Jennings, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace and Mark Clayton before he too got hurt. I just seem to have trouble picking the right guy week to week. Seemed like if I sat one on the bench they would have the monster week and the guy I start would have 2-3 catches for 30 something yards.

So yeah, finished well out of the playoffs at 4-9 record. Just a crappy, crappy season.

sooner59
12/20/2010, 05:20 PM
Not so great in one league. In my dynasty league, I was in 2nd place and lost to 3rd place in the playoffs when his whole team and only my bench went off. Ray Rice killed me yesterday in both leagues.

Dwight
12/20/2010, 05:33 PM
Playing for the title after being down by 32 points after Thursday's game.

Blue
12/20/2010, 05:49 PM
5 teams...5 finals...I probably only have a chance to win 3 of them

Looks like me and you in the posse Final.

I got 5 teams (3 I care about other two are public)

Lost the semis to the 6 seed in my main league but Im defending champs so it doesnt hurt as bad.

In the finals of another league as long as AD doesnt run for 300 and 4 scores. :D

#1 seed in the two public leagues and both went down yesterday.

18 team league which was surprisingly fun Im down 2 and hes got the Bears D tonight and Im rollin with harvin. Bonus is return yards are a point for 10 yards which is redonkulous.

TopDawg
12/20/2010, 05:59 PM
In the finals of another league as long as AD doesnt run for 300 and 4 scores. :D

I'm not hoping for that, but I'd be happy with 2 or 3 99-yard screen passes from Webb. I've got him in one of my WR slots.

And, yes, I know Favre has been upgraded to questionable. Effin Favre.

Scott D
12/20/2010, 06:01 PM
Looks like me and you in the posse Final.

I got 5 teams (3 I care about other two are public)

Lost the semis to the 6 seed in my main league but Im defending champs so it doesnt hurt as bad.

#1 seed in the two public leagues and both went down yesterday.

18 team league which was surprisingly fun Im down 2 and hes got the Bears D tonight and Im rollin with harvin. Bonus is return yards are a point for 10 yards which is redonkulous.

Your disadvantage is that clearly Vick won't have another career game next week because you aren't playing me. Go figure in this league I can crush collier and step, but Vick owned me.....unless AD runs for 300 and 5 scores..which I'd be happy for. :D

Blue
12/20/2010, 06:10 PM
Your disadvantage is that clearly Vick won't have another career game next week because you aren't playing me. Go figure in this league I can crush collier and step, but Vick owned me.....unless AD runs for 300 and 5 scores..which I'd be happy for. :D

The Plunder forgot to show up! :D

Yeah Vick was what got me to the finals. He looked like he was going to lay an egg and then in the second half, whoa. I bet he led many teams to the finals this year. And to think i threw him up on the trading block midseason! I was gonna roll with Big Ben. Glad nobody made me an offer. :D

Scott D
12/20/2010, 06:13 PM
hah I was real close to trying ESPN's suggestion of grabbing Joe Webb yesterday morning and plugging him in at WR since some fantasy leagues have him available there since he's lined up at wideout this seasons. I finally had a week like step had against me. I don't play Brandon Jackson and he runs for nearly 100, McCoy barely breaks 50, and Jacoby Ford would have been teh better receiver play than Branch or Jennings.

soonerinabilene
12/20/2010, 06:15 PM
went 7-6 in the reg season, but Michael Turner, Deion Branch, Amendola, and Chris Cooley all had big days when in edded it and now im in the super bowl next week.

Blue
12/20/2010, 06:57 PM
hah I was real close to trying ESPN's suggestion of grabbing Joe Webb yesterday morning and plugging him in at WR since some fantasy leagues have him available there since he's lined up at wideout this seasons. I finally had a week like step had against me. I don't play Brandon Jackson and he runs for nearly 100, McCoy barely breaks 50, and Jacoby Ford would have been teh better receiver play than Branch or Jennings.

McCoy, Bowe, Jennings, and Moreno killed my main league run.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/20/2010, 06:58 PM
the posse league is one im not expecting to win since its a pretty rag tag team...the only reason im there is because of my super value draft pick at the beginning of the season: Darren McFadden

I set a record for points scored with one of my other teams yesterday and came close on another...

overall a good year...when your crappiest team makes the finals, its been good

yankee
12/20/2010, 07:04 PM
went 12-2 in the regular season. now i'm down 109.62-96.76 in the first round of the playoffs. AD still has to play, but the other guy has Forte going. two bumbling mistakes by me this weekend. sitting santana moss for marques colston (moss had 19.1 points this week) and forgetting to sit antonio gates because he was injured, when i had aaron hernandez on my bench (15.1 points).

i'm a perennial choker in the playoffs. :mad:

Sooner13
12/20/2010, 07:06 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Playing to get into the championship game and Peterson out tonight :mad:

yankee
12/20/2010, 07:10 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Playing to get into the championship game and Peterson out tonight :mad:

son of a bitch.

mightysooner
12/20/2010, 07:12 PM
I'm in the playoffs at the moment. Going into tonight's game I'm 28.5 points down from my opponent and all I have playing is Cutler and Greenwood on defense from the Vikes. I need Cutler to throw for two touchdowns at least and throw for a third touchdown TO Greenwood going the other way. I think that'll do it.

Scott D
12/20/2010, 08:49 PM
the posse league is one im not expecting to win since its a pretty rag tag team...the only reason im there is because of my super value draft pick at the beginning of the season: Darren McFadden

I set a record for points scored with one of my other teams yesterday and came close on another...

overall a good year...when your crappiest team makes the finals, its been good

you better win, so I can go all * on you and say "Hey, I'm really the champ and the brackets were fixed because I owned you all season." :D

theresonly1OU
12/20/2010, 11:50 PM

Playing for 3rd in one
Playing for 5th in two

Just won a title shot tonight by less than 1 point, after going into the game up 44. My opponent had Forte and Chigago's D, and was less than a 10 yard rush away from winning.

I can't freaking believe it.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/21/2010, 12:57 AM
you better win, so I can go all * on you and say "Hey, I'm really the champ and the brackets were fixed because I owned you all season." :D

your lucky i brain farted when i played you:D

TopDawg
12/21/2010, 10:55 AM
In Week 9, Collie was sidelined after an illegal hit gave him a concussion. I lost that week by 0.99 points (a 10-yard reception would've been worth 1 point). Had Collie not been ILLEGALLY knocked out of the game and gotten that 10 yard reception, I would've won and would've ended up in first place in the league instead of 2nd. That means that I would've won my game this week (which would've been against the 4 seed...the same guy who beat me in Week 9) instead of losing my game against the 3 seed (who had Vick).

The fantasy gods can be so cruel.

Scott D
12/21/2010, 05:30 PM
your lucky i brain farted when i played you:D

twice :D

StoopTroup
12/21/2010, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure what happened. There was a splash of water and the next thing I know I had lost the game. :O :P :eek:

http://ic2.pbase.com/g6/94/18894/3/81764296.vCemQZ9W.jpg

bmjlr
12/21/2010, 09:14 PM
I will be playing Texas in the Potato Couch bowl. Ya, I'm done. :O

EnragedOUfan
12/22/2010, 10:56 AM
Urgent!!!!!!!!! If anyone needs a QB, go after Tim Tebow. He put up over 20 points against the Raiders with 0 interceptions. He's going against the Texans, who have the worst D in the NFL, and Knowshon Moreno is still questionable. I could easily see Tebow with 150-200 passing yards, 2 TD's, 0 Ints, and 1 rushing touchdown. This is a gamble, but if any of you are going against an opponent who has Vick like I am in the Superbowl, this start could have huge rewards. I plan on going with Kitna against Zona, maybe even Garrard against Washington, but Tebow against Houston is what I really like and I might roll the dice... All about the matchups.....