PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Diaz Gone @ Channel 8

Piware
12/20/2010, 01:36 AM
And I can't say I am sorry to see him go. His smug OSU homer stuff has worn thin over the years. Chris Lincoln did You Make The Call tonight, along with some dude named Pendergraft.

He appears to be the new OU basher in residence. I don't like our BCS bowl record anymore than the next person but I refuse to acknowledge the Sooners as the "laughingstock" of college football like this guy said. He also made a crack about how OU fans would turn on Josh if he didn't win.

Maybe it's just me and my crimson glasses but I am disappointed in Channel 8.

sooner59
12/20/2010, 01:38 AM
Is this an OKC vs. Tulsa thread?

OUChampsBig12
12/20/2010, 08:30 AM
If I am not mistaking, the Pendergraft dude is a OU Grad? I could be wrong though, I do not watch much of Channel 8.

KuppiKunta
12/20/2010, 09:11 AM
Channel 8 sports are the "laughingstock" of local sports!! Chris Lincoln is unwatchable, and although Ruben was annoying, he was the best they had.

SoonersEnFuego
12/20/2010, 09:19 AM
I watch channel 6 (KOTV). Never, never, never watched channel 8 because of Ruben Diaz. He's almost as bad as Sam Mayes on the Animal...but not quite.

soonersponge
12/20/2010, 09:20 AM
Channel 8 sports are the "laughingstock" of local sports!! Chris Lincoln is unwatchable, and although Ruben was annoying, he was the best they had.

Ruben was the worse sports guy in the market. He sooked. Good to see him go.

SoonerNutt
12/20/2010, 10:05 AM
I could care less about whether he was OU or OSU homer. I only cared that he came across as a total amateur. Seemed like a high school production every time he was on the air.

fwsooner22
12/20/2010, 10:07 AM
Who watches local news and sports anymore?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/20/2010, 10:09 AM

this...I don't know how anybody could watch any of that stuff

soonersam
12/20/2010, 10:26 AM
Ruben also competed at the state level in Speech and Debate. It was there that Ruben honed his public speaking skills. After graduating from Talihina High School, Ruben went on to get a Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism from Oklahoma State University in 2001.

rekamrettuB
12/20/2010, 10:26 AM
He also made a crack about how OU fans would turn on Josh if he didn't win.

Where's the inaccuracy in this statement?

budbarrybob
12/20/2010, 10:29 AM
Ruben also competed at the state level in Speech and Debate. It was there that Ruben honed his public speaking skills. After graduating from Talihina High School, Ruben went on to get a Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism from Oklahoma State University in 2001.

you his brother? dad?

budbarrybob
12/20/2010, 10:30 AM
Where's the inaccuracy in this statement?

^^this.

KantoSooner
12/20/2010, 10:33 AM
When I returned to Oklahoma after 25 years in the spring of '08, I watched Ruben. Once.
Then I changed the channel.
I wish him well in his new career of doing whatever it is for which he has a talent.

StoopTroup
12/20/2010, 11:15 AM
Rick Pendergraft

http://ktul.images.worldnow.com/images/12729243_BG1.jpg

A native Oklahoman, Rick Pendergraft is thrilled to be working in Tulsa. Rick grew up in Ponca City, and has spent most of his life in the Sooner state. He joined the KTUL sports staff in August of 2005.

Rick got his start in broadcasting while still in college at the University of Oklahoma. During an internship with KOCO -- the ABC affiliate in Oklahoma City -- he got the opportunity to both report and anchor for the station.

After graduating, Rick headed to the Lone Star State. He spent five years in Texas, working as a sports reporter and anchor at stations in Amarillo and Lubbock. In 1999, Rick returned to Oklahoma and to KOCO where his job as a sports producer included reporting, shooting, producing and anchoring.

Throughout his career, Rick has been honored with several awards from the Oklahoma Associated Press, the Oklahoma Broadcasters Association, and the Society of Professional Journalists.

Rick and his wife Sarah live in Broken Arrow with their two whippets, Devo and JJ, and their three cats, Callie, Katey and Chance. Sarah works for the couple's church, The Assembly at Broken Arrow. When not working, they enjoy playing pool, watching movies, and being involved with church activities. They also love going out for "sushi dates.":D

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=12729243

KuppiKunta
12/20/2010, 11:27 AM
Ruben was the worse sports guy in the market. He sooked. Good to see him go.

The whole Channel 8 staff is terrible....but then again, the whole market is pretty much the suck!

StoopTroup
12/20/2010, 11:29 AM
Sushi Dates help a lot.

SoonerMom2
12/20/2010, 11:36 AM
The only sports station I like in OK is Fox News with Myron Patton. I like Toby Rowland at Channel 9 but don't like Blevins.

achiro
12/20/2010, 11:39 AM
The whole Channel 8 staff is terrible....but then again, the whole market is pretty much the suck!

Dude on OKC channel 5 quoted Orangebloods last night as a source of some info. I'm not sure it can get much worse than that.

StoopTroup
12/20/2010, 11:50 AM
Dude on OKC channel 5 quoted Orangebloods last night as a source of some info. I'm not sure it can get much worse than that.

To be honest....message boards do sometimes put out info. Now...using it as legitimate should be measured, I agree. I'd put a lot of stock in a guy with say 10 posts vs a guy who's been on there for 10 years and has 5-10,000+ posts. That's not even a good measure either but it's better than the 10 post guy. Some of us actually go to games and know actual people involved with OU Football. As far as Orangebloods is concerned...there might be a few of those there. Trust them? Not a chance if my career was in the Media. Now...if you actually knew one of them....I think you should be able to mention who they are. If you're a person that hides behind an avatar and don't wish to have any notoriety, then it would be best to 1)keep hiding, 2)don't say you have sources. :D

Some Message Boards are becoming a lot more legit than I thought they ever would. It's been amazing to watch SoonerFans change over the years and I'm glad to be a part of it.

BoomerJ
12/20/2010, 12:00 PM
As soon as the dude says "It's being reported tonight at Orangebloods.com" the guy loses total credibility.

thecynic
12/20/2010, 12:16 PM
Rick Pendergraft

A native Oklahoman, Rick Pendergraft is thrilled to be working in Tulsa. Rick grew up in Ponca City, and has spent most of his life in the Sooner state. He joined the KTUL sports staff in August of 2005.

Rick got his start in broadcasting while still in college at the University of Oklahoma. During an internship with KOCO -- the ABC affiliate in Oklahoma City -- he got the opportunity to both report and anchor for the station.

After graduating, Rick headed to the Lone Star State. He spent five years in Texas, working as a sports reporter and anchor at stations in Amarillo and Lubbock. In 1999, Rick returned to Oklahoma and to KOCO where his job as a sports producer included reporting, shooting, producing and anchoring.

Throughout his career, Rick has been honored with several awards from the Oklahoma Associated Press, the Oklahoma Broadcasters Association, and the Society of Professional Journalists.

Rick and his wife Sarah live in Broken Arrow with their two whippets, Devo and JJ, and their three cats, Callie, Katey and Chance. Sarah works for the couple's church, The Assembly at Broken Arrow. When not working, they enjoy playing pool, watching movies, and being involved with church activities. They also love going out for "sushi dates.":D

Never put how many animals you have in your bio. It's up there with how many station fantasy football leagues you've won. What's next, he won the big bear pulling ducks out of the water at the state fair? what a loser.

picasso
12/20/2010, 12:16 PM
Lincoln used to host the Barry Switzer show. Just sayin.

StoopTroup
12/20/2010, 12:20 PM
Never put how many animals you have in your bio. It's up there with how many station fantasy football leagues you've won. What's next, he won the big bear pulling ducks out of the water at the state fair? what a loser.

Dude has a whippet named Devo. I think he's probably OK.

picasso
12/20/2010, 12:21 PM
Dude has a whippet named Devo. I think he's probably OK.

Heh! Friend of mine named his that years ago.

OUthunder
12/20/2010, 01:20 PM
I watched Traber on TV last night...his head took up all 50 inches of my tv too.

SicEmBaylor
12/20/2010, 01:29 PM
And I can't say I am sorry to see him go. His smug OSU homer stuff has worn thin over the years. Chris Lincoln did You Make The Call tonight, along with some dude named Pendergraft.

He appears to be the new OU basher in residence. I don't like our BCS bowl record anymore than the next person but I refuse to acknowledge the Sooners as the "laughingstock" of college football like this guy said. He also made a crack about how OU fans would turn on Josh if he didn't win.

I don't like him either. I got into a rather snippy e-mail exchange several years ago over a sarcastic comment he made about Baylor. I basically told him where he could go and he told me to stay classy.

soonerchk
12/20/2010, 01:35 PM

Chris Lincoln is a jackass. I'm still mad at him explaining the football schedule for Thanksgiving so us wimmins could schedule the meal accordingly. I already had the schedule planned, thankyouverymuch, and I don't need some smarmy old skeletor telling me how to handle it.

At least point him to ShaggyBevo. Same info, better farks.

rekamrettuB
12/20/2010, 01:55 PM
Chris Lincoln is a jackass. I'm still mad at him explaining the football schedule for Thanksgiving so us wimmins could schedule the meal accordingly. I already had the schedule planned, thankyouverymuch, and I don't need some smarmy old skeletor telling me how to handle it.

Ya or just put a TV in the dining room...duh.

soonerchk
12/20/2010, 02:14 PM
Ya or just put a TV in the dining room...duh.

Pfft. TV trays around the big screen. Get the prayer in before Dallas kicks off and you're golden.

soonersponge
12/20/2010, 03:10 PM
Lincoln is fine. I like him telling women when to cook and such.

Ruben sooked.

rekamrettuB
12/20/2010, 03:47 PM
Pfft. TV trays around the big screen. Get the prayer in before Dallas kicks off and you're golden.

There ya' go.

stoopified
12/20/2010, 04:17 PM
Rick Pendergraft

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=12729243Rick's mother was my algebra teacher in HS.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/20/2010, 04:23 PM
Rick Pendergraft

Rick and his wife Sarah live in Broken Arrow and do lots of whippets with their three cats, Callie, Katey and Chance. Sarah works for the couple's church, The Assembly at Broken Arrow. When not working, they enjoy playing pool, watching movies, and being involved with church activities. They also love going out for "sushi dates.":D

sounds like a strange guy to me:D

GKeeper316
12/20/2010, 04:48 PM

the fox 25 sports team is pretty good. myron needs a bit more personality, but clynch and curtis fitzpatrick do good work. traber can suck a bucket full of cocks for all i care, tho.

GKeeper316
12/20/2010, 04:49 PM
and i interned for rick at koco about 10 years ago. he's a decent sports guy.

BigJerm7
12/20/2010, 05:13 PM
Channel 8 sucks up and down the board. News, weather, sports, all of it. Lincoln is horrible. I haven't watched that Channel since he came back. Channel 8 could go away and I'd never notice.

Scott D
12/20/2010, 06:07 PM
this...I don't know how anybody could watch any of that stuff

dude, my local news is the greatest....we got it all up here.

GDC
12/20/2010, 08:25 PM
Curtis Fitzpatrick on the Morning Animal rarely has anything positive to say about OU.

Eielson
12/20/2010, 09:50 PM
I remember once that Ruben Diaz didn't know that the NFL draft was determined by their record the previous season. It was embarrassing to watch. The other guy was trying to straighten him out without calling him a moron.

jbstrick
12/20/2010, 11:49 PM
Rick is a good guy. He is a fair reporter, that is all you should expect.

KuppiKunta
12/21/2010, 09:10 AM

Hi Rick!

Piware
12/21/2010, 09:35 PM

Fair is all I want. He doesn't need to go out of his way to take shots at OU and I think that is what he does. Lincoln brought the bowl record up again this evening.

Got an e-mail from Lincoln pointing out Penderfraft is an OU alum. Maybe he just spent too much time in Texass and it missed with his head. Wish we in the northern part of the state could get Tulsa Fox or Channel 6 but Lincoln said they will have a new format soon.

SunnySooner
12/21/2010, 09:55 PM
Holy crap, Chris Lincoln is still around? I thought he left for horseracing eons ago. Guess that money dried up. He's been old all of my life, and I ain't exactly a spring chicken.

And he's a skeletor now? He was bigger than the USS Lincoln (CVN 72 "Shall Not Perish" ;) ) the last time I saw him. Did he get his guts rewired? I must google forthwith, I'm sadly behind the curve here.

mdklatt
12/21/2010, 10:13 PM

This is what you get for living in East Stillwater. :D :pop:

OUmillenium
12/22/2010, 12:33 PM
Not real impressed with Tulsa area news. OKC was way better. Lived in Tulsa area for 11 years now.

Way too much Arkie, ORU, TU, OSU, KC Royals/Chiefs, St Louis everything, etc.

OKC was more OU and major headlines.

The TulsaWorld and radio are the same. Local media is so worried about not representing group "X" that they try to give everybody a sniff. In depth reporting is total fail. Particularly on anything I care about...OU, TX Rangers, Dallas Cowboys, Mavericks, Thunder.

Thank the good Lord for Sirius radio and the internet.

StoopTroup
12/22/2010, 01:01 PM
Holy crap, Chris Lincoln is still around? I thought he left for horseracing eons ago. Guess that money dried up. He's been old all of my life, and I ain't exactly a spring chicken.

And he's a skeletor now? He was bigger than the USS Lincoln (CVN 72 "Shall Not Perish" ;) ) the last time I saw him. Did he get his guts rewired? I must google forthwith, I'm sadly behind the curve here.

Yeah Sunny....he's back in Tulsa and looks pretty frail these days but is a really nice guy. I remember when the first time I saw him in person and it was startling. His body didn't fit his frame. It was amazing how his voice was able to overcome his physical size. They could camera shoot him from around mid chest up though.

Here's a fairly recent photo of him

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/chris-lincoln-300x450.jpg

And here is a video of him prior to losing all the weight again. He'd lost a bunch before this I think and started to rebound back. Now I think he's got it under control again.

oy2yDDAMRQM