PDA

View Full Version : Josh Turner status?

OUcharlie
12/19/2010, 09:04 PM
Any news on Turner status after all news in saxet staff ?? He could be a great newcomer for OU.

Josh Turner, CB, Texas Longhorns
School: Oklahoma City Millwood
Buzz:Though Texas has done a great job locking up talent in the Lone Star State, it rarely goes outside its borders. Turner was an exception and, despite growing up just on the doorstep of the Oklahoma campus, he spurned the Sooners to commit to the Longhorns.

Stitch Face
12/19/2010, 09:10 PM
I heard he left Oklahoma on a long black train.

StoopTroup
12/19/2010, 09:22 PM
PM David. He's the Sf.Com Source now.

We don't talk Sooner Football here anymore.

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 09:33 PM
Millwood players don't go to OU.

SapulpaSooner
12/19/2010, 10:38 PM

Why ? :confused:

Salt City Sooner
12/19/2010, 10:54 PM
Why ? :confused:
It's beyond obvious that they've got a poison pill in their program when it comes to OU. The last one OU pulled from there who did anything on the field was Joey Mickey & that was over 20 years ago. With all the upheaval down in 'horn land, he might leave Austin (although I've heard he's still solid as long as Akina's there), but if he ends up in Norman, somebody's gonna have to come up here & pick me up off the floor.

oudavid1
12/20/2010, 03:02 AM
PM David. He's the Sf.Com Source now.

We don't talk Sooner Football here anymore.

i have this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bkurC04WT8Y/SYIox7DWpAI/AAAAAAAAC3s/pFQY1nCNt-U/s400/absolutely_nothing_road_sign_lg.jpg

I cant talk recruiting (with my friend) until mid to late January.

NMSooner'80
12/20/2010, 12:14 PM

That's been a puzzling trend since Stoops arrived. I wish I knew the story, but my best guess is that Stoops didn't kiss someone's butt on their staff and they're holding a grudge, or maybe they're still mad at OU for firing a Black coach (Blake). The whole Woods family phenomenon didn't help either.

Someone on another board once claimed that they were mad at OU for not recruiting more of their players, but didn't get more specific. I'm more inclined to suspect that a coach or two or their staff just hates OU for some reason, and is inclined to influence everyone on their squad against OU no matter what.

Outopia
12/20/2010, 01:00 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't want Turner. His Senior year wasn't that great, and he wasn't even the best player on his team. Texas can keep the guy. He will just be holding down a spot on their roster. I'd rather have that guy that is the brother of the Texas Tech receiver (who I can't think of his name now, maybe Swindol). That guy is the best player on that HS team.

As far as the Woods brothers are concerned, against OU, they have a grand total of two victories against many many losses. None of them have ever panned out in the pros. OSU can keep the Woods brothers legacy.

To keep things in perspective, OU does not need Millwood players to be successful. They seem to have been doing just fine without most of them for many many decades. If some come to OU to play in the future, and contribute, great! OU will win with, or without them. I agree that they still have that John Blake ax to grind, but History has shown the John Blake era (and John Blake too) to have been a total disaster. I seem to remember some coach from Millwood complaining about his (Blake's) treatment at OU at the time. If so, it's time they admit to themselves they were wrong, and get over it.:pop:

usaosooner
12/20/2010, 01:12 PM
He wants to get out of Oklahoma... Respect that

OUthunder
12/20/2010, 01:15 PM
Millwood can go **** themselves and they can send there players to USC or Texas for all I care. ****ty school, ****ty academics, ****ty administration, and you need a kevlar vest to go to school there.

budbarrybob
12/20/2010, 01:17 PM
He wants to get out of Oklahoma... Respect that

But going to * ??? can't respect THAT!

kelloggOUballa
12/20/2010, 01:57 PM
I don't really care who we get or who we don't, besides maybe one or two specific recruits each year. We're winning championships, so obviously Coach is getting good athletes. I don't think there were ever many, "Sam Bradford Commits to OU!" excitement threads. I trust the coaches.

NMSooner'80
12/22/2010, 02:21 PM
Along the same lines, does OKC Douglass also have a problem with OU over the Blake firiing? My dad was watching the Douglass-Wagoner state finals replay on FSN-OK last night when I got back froim the basketball game, and he asked me about when we had our last good football player out of Douglass. It seemed like for awhile that their better prospects also went to Silo Tech, much like Millwood's.

bluesmagoo
12/22/2010, 05:06 PM
Who really cares where they go? White or black. College football is a great leveler. You win, you have a job. You lose, you go. Most of the time. Miami and UNM not withstanding.

SoonerOX
12/22/2010, 05:17 PM
This guy is still a whorn lock I think.