PDA

View Full Version : what's going on with Sam today?

EatLeadCommie
12/19/2010, 03:51 PM
Bad stat line so far...less than 50% completion and less than 100 yards...anybody watching the game? He doesn't have any interceptions, so I gotta think the WRs are dropping some passes.

sooner ngintunr
12/19/2010, 03:52 PM
His receivers suck monkey balls. His line isn't much better.

Leroy Lizard
12/19/2010, 03:55 PM
Oddly enough, an article came out on ESPN two weeks ago talking about this last stretch of games being particularly tough on rookies. And since that time Sam has lost two games and been unimpressive in both. Dude was a prophet.

redkid
12/19/2010, 03:55 PM
It might help if he wouldnt get 1-2 of his passes batted down at the line every series

sooner ngintunr
12/19/2010, 03:57 PM
Oddly enough, an article came out on ESPN two weeks ago talking about this last stretch of games being particularly tough on rookies. And since that time Sam has lost two games and been unimpressive in both. Dude was a prophet.

And in those last two games his receivers have dropped exactly 34 passes.

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 03:57 PM
Sam has Jackson, a mediocre OL, and mediocre WRs. But he did just become only the 3rd rookie to pass for 3000 yards, which is kinda cool.

sooner ngintunr
12/19/2010, 03:59 PM
Sam has Jackson, a mediocre OL, and mediocre WRs. But he did just become only the 3rd rookie to pass for 3000 yards, which is kinda cool.

I'd call 'em dog****.

SoonerPride93
12/19/2010, 04:01 PM
3 timeouts remaining I wanna see a game winner by ol Slingin Sammy B.

sooner ngintunr
12/19/2010, 04:01 PM
heck yeah!!

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 04:02 PM
I'd call 'em dog****.

I was trying to be nice. They did help him get to 3000, at least.

sooner ngintunr
12/19/2010, 04:02 PM

I doubt they would go for two.;)

olevetonahill
12/19/2010, 04:03 PM
Its a combo of things , Sams Line, the Recievers, Sam himself. Plus the Refs seem to be doing a very good DUCK impression

sooner ngintunr
well crap.

SoonerPride93
GFYS Charles

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 04:04 PM
I think Jamaal Charles just sealed the deal. Oh well, the Rams need to lose out so they can get a better draft pick, anyway. They need it.

olevetonahill

Aint gonna happen now :mad:

85sooners
Sam is king

yankee
12/19/2010, 04:05 PM
people tend to forget he's a rookie. believe it or not, he's going to have bad games. and the chiefs are a pretty good team too. i'm amazed he's done so well with the lack of talent around him (besides jackson, of course).

EatLeadCommie
12/19/2010, 04:06 PM
Jammal Charles with the backbreaker. He's really having a great year. Surprised that he's panned out so well in the pros. Always thought he was too soft, but he was always a burner.

StoopTroup
12/19/2010, 04:08 PM
gAME oVER

delhalew
12/19/2010, 04:11 PM
The last two opponents are the best they've faced. The oline has not fared well. Tons of dropped balls.
I'm VERY proud of Sam.

sooner59
They are just flat out getting Sam killed. The Rams o-line is awful.

silverwheels
2 straight sacks on Sam. Man, imagine the numbers he could have put up with a solid OL.

SoonerPride93
12/19/2010, 04:13 PM
MY EAGLES WITH THE COMEBACK!

sheepdogs
12/19/2010, 04:17 PM
The receivers for the Rams refuse to come back to the ball when there is defensive back pressure. Instead the receiver will allow the d-back to cut in front of the receiver and make the play. This has occured time and time again as in every game.

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 04:20 PM
Damn, 2 picks for Sam. He just fired that one in there too high and too hard.

SoonerPride93
12/19/2010, 04:20 PM
DESEAN JACKSON IS GOD

AlboSooner
12/19/2010, 04:35 PM
He didn't have much help, but Sam made some terrible plays today. The whole team just got owned.

waynepayne
12/19/2010, 04:36 PM
He didn't have much help, but Sam made some terrible plays today. The whole team just got owned.

yup, looked very rookie today.

AlboSooner
12/19/2010, 04:38 PM
yup, looked very rookie today.

Today I was just hoping he would end the game without an injury. They can finish the season strong by beating San Fran and pete carroll. 8-8 would be a GREAT record for these rinky-dink Rams, and a testament to what a QB like sam can do for a team.

bigfatjerk
12/19/2010, 04:39 PM
I don't think Sam looked great today but his team looked worse. He would make some great throws that his receivers would drop. The only decent receiver he has is Amandola. He's a good 3rd WR type guy. But he's basically the best WR they have right now.

delhalew
12/19/2010, 04:47 PM
These struggles will teach him how hard he can push before he is trying to hard.
As long as he doesn't get hurt, it's good for his development.

Eielson
12/19/2010, 04:55 PM
Man, imagine the numbers he could have put up with a solid OL.

Despite the fact that Sam has the 6th most pass attempts in the NFL, his team has given up the 13th fewest sacks.

Sources:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingAttempts

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE _LINE&archive=false&d-447263-o=1&qualified=true&tabSeq=2&role=TM&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKS_ALLOWED&d-447263-n=1

SoonerMom2
12/19/2010, 04:55 PM
That Rams O-Line sucks big time -- very little time to throw to some of the worst receivers in the NFL. Considering the people around Sam, he is doing good not to get killed out there and release the ball in a hurry. Makes you wonder if Clayton would not have gotten hurt how much better Sam would be because he had faith in him.

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 04:57 PM
Despite the fact that Sam has the 6th most pass attempts in the NFL, his team has given up the 13th fewest sacks.

Sources:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE _LINE&archive=false&d-447263-o=1&qualified=true&tabSeq=2&role=TM&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKS_ALLOWED&d-447263-n=1

That's nice.

His OL is mediocre. Those stats are relative to everyone else, but in absolute terms, his OL is not good. Not terrible, but not good.

Eielson
12/19/2010, 05:00 PM
That's nice.

His OL is mediocre. Those stats are relative to everyone else, but in absolute terms, his OL is not good. Not terrible, but not good.

So you're trying to say that all the offensive lines are doing bad this year? :confused:

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 05:01 PM
So you're trying to say that all the offensive lines are doing bad this year? :confused:

They can't all play well, can they?

Why do you have such a boner for his OL, anyway? Are you the Rams' starting RG? Every time I watch St. Louis, his line will have a couple of decent plays, and then he'll get killed on the next two or three.

ou10304
12/19/2010, 05:07 PM

Sources:

That is not a tribute to the oline. It's due to the play calling required to make up for the oline being terrible. Witness the average yards per catch by Amendola
(sp?). Lowest in the league by anyone with over 60 receptions. The Rams throw a lot of quick dink and dunk passes since the line cannot consistently supply Bradford time.

SoonerPride93
12/19/2010, 05:10 PM

Sources:

Does that show the number of times hes running for his life and getting hit as he throws? If not for his ability to read the field and quick release they would be tops in the league.

Sacks allowed is not a relevant stat for determining how good or bad a line is.

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 05:12 PM
Does that show the number of times hes running for his life and getting hit as he throws? If not for his ability to read the field and quick release they would be tops in the league.

Sacks allowed is not a relevant stat for determining how good or bad a line is.

It shows that the Rams are tied for 12th in most QB hits given up.

soonerbub
12/19/2010, 05:16 PM
Just a mulligan still control own destiny even if Seattle wins today
Rams to the SUPER BOWL

Eielson
12/19/2010, 05:18 PM
It shows that the Rams are tied for 12th in most QB hits given up.

Still not impressed. He's thrown the 6th most passes in the league. If all else was equal, that would mean he was hit the 6th most times in the league. Since you seem to think this team is below average, he would actually be hit more times than that. Tied for 12th is dangerously close to the middle of the league.

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 05:20 PM
Still below average.

Eielson
12/19/2010, 05:26 PM
Still below average.

It's well above average when adjusted for pass attempts. He's thrown the 6th most pass attempts in the NFL, so average would put his team at 6th most QB hits.

Their adjusted sack rate is 9th...well above average.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 05:28 PM
Adjust it all you want. When I watch the Rams, I do not see a good OL. Sam is frequently rushed into bad throws or is forced out of the pocket (if not sacked), has passes batted down at the line (partially his fault, too), or doesn't even get the snap off because of a false start. Again, at no point have I said that they are terrible. I said they're mediocre. Because they are.

reflector
12/19/2010, 05:34 PM
They need to get a Tight End who is can block and catch. Jackson and Bradford are the only two positives on offense.

Eielson
12/19/2010, 05:39 PM
Adjust it all you want. When I watch the Rams, I do not see a good OL. Sam is frequently rushed into bad throws or is forced out of the pocket (if not sacked), has passes batted down at the line (partially his fault, too), or doesn't even get the snap off because of a false start. Again, at no point have I said that they are terrible. I said they're mediocre. Because they are.

You first comment was "imagine the numbers he could put up with a solid OL." I generally think of solid as not hurting the team, but also not strongly helping the team. It basically equates to a synonym for average to me. If you believe that they are about average, then I agree, and there is no need for further argument about that. I don't see the need to complain about an average OL, though. It is, by definition, what the average quarterback has. They are not holding him back. Almost the entirety of the blame falls on his receivers and himself. Nobody on here seems to want to accept it, but Sam is far from perfect. I full-heartedly believe that he will be a great quarterback, but he isn't yet.

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 05:41 PM
I haven't said Sam is perfect, either. He makes mistakes like all QBs, especially rookies. But his OL could be a lot better, as could his WRs.

Eielson
12/19/2010, 05:43 PM
I haven't said Sam is perfect, either. He makes mistakes like all QBs, especially rookies. But his OL could be a lot better, as could his WRs.

Sure, it would help him if he had the best WRs, RBs, OL, and OC in the world. That's unrealistic, though. His WR's suck. Other than that, his team is fine.

Leroy Lizard
12/19/2010, 05:48 PM
I haven't said Sam is perfect, either. He makes mistakes like all QBs, especially rookies.

:eek:

This is Sam Bradford we're talking about.

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 05:51 PM
Sure, it would help him if he had the best WRs, RBs, OL, and OC in the world. That's unrealistic, though. His WR's suck. Other than that, his team is fine.

A bad WR corps isn't the only reason the Rams are 6-8. They need a better OL (and I didn't say it had to be the best, so stop exaggerating) and the secondary could also be better.

stoopified
12/19/2010, 06:58 PM
Nothing.If you think the problem is Sam,you aren't paying attention.

tulsaoilerfan
12/19/2010, 07:20 PM
That is not a tribute to the oline. It's due to the play calling required to make up for the oline being terrible. Witness the average yards per catch by Amendola
(sp?). Lowest in the league by anyone with over 60 receptions. The Rams throw a lot of quick dink and dunk passes since the line cannot consistently supply Bradford time.

I believe it's the lowest in NFL history for a receiver over 60 catches

tulsaoilerfan
12/19/2010, 07:22 PM
They need to get a Tight End who is can block and catch. Jackson and Bradford are the only two positives on offense.

They miss Illinois Mike; I don't think it's a coincidence that the offense has struggled since he got hurt

tulsaoilerfan
12/19/2010, 07:24 PM

You really must not watch the Rams play much; the only reason they don't give up a ton of sacks is because most of the passes they throw are 5 yards or less; i wouldn't even rate the line is average at this point

tulsaoilerfan
12/19/2010, 07:27 PM
Nothing.If you think the problem is Sam,you aren't paying attention.

When a team's leading receiver is averaging about 6 yards a catch that should tell u all u need to know about the talent around Sam; Amendola is a nice player but he should be a 3rd WR AT BEST; Saffold is a rookie playing the most important position on the line and u have a Second year guy at the other tackle and both of those guys are good for 2-3 penalties a game that are absolute drive killers; Sam needs alot more help this offseason

My Opinion Matters
12/19/2010, 07:36 PM
I've watched this team the entire year; the offensive tackles are talented, and can play exceptionally at times, but are young and inconsistent. They had a very poor outing today. The interior offensive line is mediocre. The Rams wide receivers are TERRIBLE. Seriously, I can't recall ever seeing a worse receiving corps on an NFL team. The team's best receiver is Danny Effing Amendola, what else needs to be said? He wasn't even the best receiver at Texas Tech.

btb916
12/19/2010, 08:02 PM
They can't all play well, can they?

Why do you have such a boner for his OL, anyway? Are you the Rams' starting RG? Every time I watch St. Louis, his line will have a couple of decent plays, and then he'll get killed on the next two or three.

That's not true at all. How many games have you watched? He has not been hit a whole lot this year.

He played poorly the past two weeks. He'll get better. Just a rookie.

soonerbub
12/19/2010, 08:02 PM
still in 1st!! Falcons 34 peteyhawks 18

Leroy Lizard
12/19/2010, 08:06 PM
still in 1st!! Falcons 34 peteyhawks 18

SF also got whupped. Does anyone want to win that division?

silverwheels
12/19/2010, 08:27 PM
That's not true at all. How many games have you watched? He has not been hit a whole lot this year.

It is true at all. I've watched every Rams game that has been televised here. He's been pressured and hit quite a bit when it's not a quick-hitting pass play.

VA Sooner
12/19/2010, 08:30 PM
Sam is the reason they made it this far and were leading in the West. He'll have his first, second and third string receivers back for next year, including Clayton I hope.

His receivers now are fourth and onwards including Danario Alexander that they picked up and started playing recently.

Eielson
12/20/2010, 02:43 AM
Fine, I'll play along with you guys. Sam is God. Excuse me. God wishes he were Sam.

Eielson
12/20/2010, 02:48 AM
Sam is the reason they made it this far and were leading in the West.

If I weren't playing you guys' game I would bring up the fact that is the defense that has this team in playoff contention, and not the offense.

Okie35
12/20/2010, 03:58 AM
Sam is the reason they made it this far and were leading in the West. He'll have his first, second and third string receivers back for next year, including Clayton I hope.

His receivers now are fourth and onwards including Danario Alexander that they picked up and started playing recently.

Your defense helped mostly though. Sam is good but earlier today he got pressured A LOT. Any QB would buckle under that much pressure almost every other play he had to run for his life.

EnragedOUfan
12/20/2010, 04:43 AM
Your defense helped mostly though. Sam is good but earlier today he got pressured A LOT. Any QB would buckle under that much pressure almost every other play he had to run for his life.

Sam Bradford is a rookie in the NFL. Rookies have bad games, it happens in the NFL. He'll get better. What he's done this year withouth his cast of starting WR's speaks volumes about his talent.

birddog
12/20/2010, 08:57 AM
[QUOTE=silverwheels;3089395]Sam has Jackson, a mediocre OL, and mediocre WRs. But he did just become only the 3rd rookie to pass for 3000 yards, which is kinda cool.[/QUOTE... ST.LOUIS RAMS!!

sliverwheels took 8 seconds to answer your question. the last bolded word is strictly for your benefit.

Okie35
12/20/2010, 09:33 AM
Sam Bradford is a rookie in the NFL. Rookies have bad games, it happens in the NFL. He'll get better. What he's done this year withouth his cast of starting WR's speaks volumes about his talent.

He said what was wrong w/ him. He got pressured all game. If he wasn't running around most of the game, I think the Rams would've won.

Soonersince57
12/20/2010, 09:45 AM
They are just flat out getting Sam killed. The Rams o-line is awful.

5 false starts on the line - - in the 14th game of the year.

starclassic tama
12/20/2010, 05:42 PM
Fine, I'll play along with you guys. Sam is God. Excuse me. God wishes he were Sam.

great, now we have two leroy lizard's on the board. we get it dude, you are a rams fan

Leroy Lizard
12/20/2010, 06:29 PM
great, now we have two leroy lizard's on the board. we get it dude, you are a rams fan

Except I support the players.

cccasooner2
12/20/2010, 06:51 PM
5 false starts on the line - - in the 14th game of the year.

Practice for those 3rd and Long years he missed.