PDA

View Full Version : Coach K Coaching Tree?

Socrefbek
12/19/2010, 08:43 AM
How many former players or assistants of Coach K have done jack-diddly-squat as a coach?

Just wondering. I can't think of any.

This came to mind when i was watching NFL channel and they mentioned none of Belicheck's protege's had been successful as head coaches except Nick Saban. McDaniel, Mangini, Crennel, Weis have all been flops.

royalfan5
12/19/2010, 08:57 AM
Mike Brey has hung around for a long time. That's all I can think of.

badger
12/19/2010, 10:20 AM
Quin Snyder and Capel both got Elite Eights in the Big 12... but Capel had Blake and Quin had that poofy hair guy... Kareem Rush I think his name was?

soonervegas
12/19/2010, 10:32 AM
The fruit looks rotten from my experience. Capel, Snyder, and Amaker. How is the Izzo tree doing?

Eielson
12/19/2010, 01:53 PM
Quin Snyder and Capel both got Elite Eights in the Big 12... but Capel had Blake and Quin had that poofy hair guy... Kareem Rush I think his name was?

Yeah, it was Brandon Rush's older brother. Kareem was great, but I would hesitate to mention him on the same level as Blake.

bigfatjerk
12/19/2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah, it was Brandon Rush's older brother. Kareem was great, but I would hesitate to mention him on the same level as Blake.

Quin always had talent. They had Paulding, Klieza, Keyon Dooling, Rush. There's others that I can't remember right now. Talent wasn't the problem at Missouri.

Although Snyder took his teams to post season till he was fired in the middle of his last year. After this year Capel will miss the post season 3 of his first 5 years.