PDA

View Full Version : A true patriot.

AlboSooner
12/16/2010, 11:19 PM
http://www.sugarslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/jon_stewart_flag_background.jpg

His coverage of 911 first responders abandonment by the senate is patriotic, just, fair, true, and shows how incompetent the "real" news media are.

Okla-homey
12/17/2010, 07:22 AM
Maybe. But there's also scant evidence those guys were made sick by being down at the site. Linking exposure to the dust and debris of 9/11 to their cancers would be extremely difficult.

Midtowner
12/17/2010, 07:37 AM
Maybe. But there's also scant evidence those guys were made sick by being down at the site. Linking exposure to the dust and debris of 9/11 to their cancers would be extremely difficult.

Yes. And the link between cigarettes and cancer is tenuous as well.

And don't even get me started about coal and asbestos.

My Opinion Matters
12/17/2010, 09:26 AM
For that matter, how does anyone really know drunk driving is caused by alcohol?

The
12/17/2010, 09:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DsAsY.png

JohnnyMack
12/17/2010, 10:45 AM
The Republicans are working hard at making sure the F-35 isn't cut right at the same time they're working hard at making sure the 09/11 first responders aren't getting paid. God bless America.

yermom
12/17/2010, 10:55 AM

you guys should be fast friends :rolleyes:

Okla-homey
12/17/2010, 10:55 AM

Look Mr. Midtowner, if that is your real name. ;)

You can carp all you want, but trying to prove by a preponderance of evidence, that exposure to the dust, smoke and other material present at that site caused cancer, brain injury, or heart conditions in some, but not all the first resposnders, is a tough row to hoe.

Especially in middle-aged first responders who have no doubt been exposed to precisely the same dust, pollutants and other matter present at that scene at various times throughout their careers. Not to mention the fact that many of these guys smoked.

I'm not saying I don't feel empathy for these guys. I do. But I'm simply trying to make a point that proving that particular exposure caused various diseases is a tough legal nut.

olevetonahill
12/17/2010, 10:59 AM
Why is it the Gov. responsibility to take care of these peeps. Shouldnt this be filed under workmens Comp?

Okla-homey
12/17/2010, 11:00 AM
Why is it the Gov. responsibility to take care of these peeps. Shouldnt this be filed under workmens Comp?

Precisely. Oh, and its called "Workers Comp" now. "Workmans Comp" is no longer PC.

The

Does it matter?

We're awful quick to call people "heroes" in this country, but even quicker to turn our backs on them.

In my esteemed opinion, maybe some people deserve more than just platitudes and political exploitation. That maybe, just maybe, we can occasionally be a great society, not just a bunch of single minded mercenaries fighting for ourselves all the time.

Aldebaran
http://www.sugarslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/jon_stewart_flag_background.jpg

His coverage of 911 first responders abandonment by the senate is patriotic, just, fair, true, and shows how incompetent the "real" news media are.

I agree. I was very impressed by the segment. And I also appreciated that he had Huckabee on next to "react". That was a ballsy lineup.

And the stories by the firefighters. Wow. If you want to know how to eviscerate someone with words, hang out with a New York firefighter.

I simply don't understand how these people would be allowed to struggle with their medical care after what they did before a watching nation gripped with panic.

The
12/17/2010, 11:02 AM

The same could be argued with veterans.

olevetonahill
12/17/2010, 11:04 AM
Precisely. Oh, and its called "Workers Comp" now. "Workmans Comp" is no longer PC.

Have you ever known me to be ****in PC?:D

As to those thinkin these folks deserve sompun special I say BS. wheres the extry special for the Responders to the Murrah building ?:rolleyes:

Okla-homey
12/17/2010, 11:05 AM
In my esteemed opinion, maybe some people deserve more than just platitudes and political exploitation. That maybe, just maybe, we can occasionally be a great society, not just a bunch of single minded mercenaries fighting for ourselves all the time.

The country is broke. Flat. Busted. We gotta stop handing over stacks of cash we have to borrow from China just because someone thinks they're entitled to public compensation because they got sick. If we had the money, that's one thing. But we don't.

Same dealio with these "99 Weekers." WTF must we continue to pay some guy, any guy, unemployment after almost two years?

olevetonahill
12/17/2010, 11:06 AM

Now you startin to sound like leroid:rolleyes:
The service peeps are not covered by workmens comp . They are covered by the VA :rolleyes:

Okla-homey
12/17/2010, 11:07 AM

Not at all. Any of those guys could have refused to respond and all that would have happened is they may have have been fired. If G.I.s don't go, they go to jail.

Moreover, VA benefits may be accurately classed like Workers Comp benefits. Same due process, same burden of proof.

AlboSooner
12/17/2010, 11:19 AM
It wold be wise of us to watch to show and see if the good questions here were already answered by the firefighters. I can't believe, how much the nation has changed in their treatment of first responders. They have gone from heroes to, well these are middle-aged are men prone to disease.

It's not like the Repubs are standing up and saying the country is broke and we're not passing this. In a cowardly manner, they filibuster the bill and don't allow it to get voted on. However, they had no problems with the Bush tax breaks for the rich.

Here's the episode.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/thu-december-16-2010-mike-huckabee

The
12/17/2010, 11:22 AM
The country is broke. Flat. Busted. We gotta stop handing over stacks of cash we have to borrow from China just because someone thinks they're entitled to public compensation because they got sick. If we had the money, that's one thing. But we don't.

Same dealio with these "99 Weekers." WTF must we continue to pay some guy, any guy, unemployment after almost two years?

Yes, unemployment benefits have bankrupted the country. Not mismanagement by both parties that have squandered the treasury by giving it to themselves. It's those lecherous unemployed and welfare moms. Not the trillions spent on open ended wars. It's those non-bootstrappy folk that are responsible. Not the giant multinational corporations that earn billions here, and pay none or next to no taxes.

Not at all. Any of those guys could have refused to respond and all that would have happened is they may have have been fired. If G.I.s don't go, they go to jail.

Moreover, VA benefits may be accurately classed like Workers Comp benefits. Same due process, same burden of proof.

Point being, we could make the argument that we don't have the money to pay those outrageous VA benefits. Why do we owe one segment of society just because they are government employees?

Sometimes, you have to put politics aside, and just do what's right.

JohnnyMack
12/17/2010, 11:24 AM

OK fine. Let's ****can the F-35 since we're broke.

Frozen Sooner
12/17/2010, 11:30 AM
Stewart had a couple of these guys on last night, and they talked about the Worker's comp problems they've been having. Their medical insurance isn't covering them anymore for various reasons and the work comp carriers are denying their claims because they can't prove their injuries are work related.

AlboSooner
12/17/2010, 11:30 AM
s.

Point being, we could make the argument that we don't have the money to pay those outrageous VA benefits. Why do we owe one segment of society just because they are government employees?

Sometimes, you have to put politics aside, and just do what's right.

It's ok for wealthy senate members to have govt health care, govt benefits, and a govt Escalade for their sons to drive around. BTW, sickness due to toxins produced by toxins can be proven or disproved. It has been proved these guys suffer from the toxins they breathed in during the 9/11 aftermath.

Frozen Sooner
12/17/2010, 11:31 AM
Why do we owe one segment of society just because they are government employees?

Oh, man. You just called the military government employees. Prepare for a barrage...

Aldebaran
12/17/2010, 11:36 AM
OK fine. Let's ****can the F-35 since we're broke.

It's OK to borrow money from China as long as it's for our far flung military efforts to control global resources for corporate elites.

AlboSooner
12/17/2010, 11:43 AM
It's OK to borrow money from China as long as it's for our far flung military efforts to control global resources for corporate elites.

Then scream and shout how free we are, while ignoring that economic freedom is important as well. It was economic freedom that pushed the early colonialists to rebel against the British, yet our economic freedom is dependent on a COMMUNIST country.

$78 billion dollars is the amount of aid we have given to EGYPT, so far. God knows how much we have given to Pakistan. This is beyond sad. It's pathetic.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 11:43 AM

what exactly are you asking here? devil's advocate or just being a pecker neck?

The
12/17/2010, 11:50 AM
what exactly are you asking here? devil's advocate or just being a pecker neck?

If you are unable to comprehend proper English, please feel free to interpret said post however you will.

My Opinion Matters
12/17/2010, 11:51 AM
I predict good things for this thread.

Aldebaran
12/17/2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, but we pay Egypt to keep them from getting their butts kicked by Israel. And we MUST also fully fund Israel.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 11:55 AM
If you are unable to comprehend proper English, please feel free to interpret said post however you will.

listen fuggtard, i have zero background on you but i can tell you one thing.... you know jack shiite of what you are talking about. you would best serve yourself to back out of a conversation dealing with a bunch of combat veterans.

Aldebaran
12/17/2010, 11:58 AM
I've long said that we should completly scrap public education and just send people to war because combat veterans know everything.

JohnnyMack
12/17/2010, 11:58 AM
:pop:

The
12/17/2010, 11:59 AM
listen fuggtard, i have zero background on you but i can tell you one thing.... you know jack shiite of what you are talking about. you would best serve yourself to back out of a conversation dealing with a bunch of combat veterans.

A well thought out and reasoned response.

yermom
12/17/2010, 12:00 PM
downplaying the first responders' heroism vs. combat veterans seems a bit lame at this point.

we are talking about civilians that were walking into falling buildings to save people.

telling those people that they are now on their own is just as bad as abandoning vets once they are home.

yermom
12/17/2010, 12:01 PM
I've long said that we should completly scrap public education and just send people to war because combat veterans know everything.

you shouldn't even be able to run for public office if you didn't serve

The
12/17/2010, 12:02 PM
downplaying the first responders' heroism vs. combat veterans seems a bit lame at this point.

we are talking about civilians that were walking into falling buildings to save people

telling those people that they are now on their own is just as bad as abandoning vets once they are home.

Watch out, you said veterans. That makes you a "pecker neck".

BTW, Mr. Jello, this is the exact same thing as my post that got you all bent out of shape.

3rdgensooner
12/17/2010, 12:07 PM
It's gettin' hot in herre

JohnnyMack
12/17/2010, 12:10 PM
So take off all your clothes...

My Opinion Matters
12/17/2010, 12:12 PM
Don't. Please.

The
12/17/2010, 12:12 PM
Don't. Please.

Too late.

Thaumaturge
12/17/2010, 12:14 PM
One time I saw a combat veteran disagree with another combat veteran. I quickly blacked out because they both were 100% right and my brain couldn't fathom how it could be possible.

yermom
12/17/2010, 12:19 PM
that would be like Chuck Norris fighting Ditka

The
12/17/2010, 12:21 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/divide_by_zero_blog_safe_RE_whered_the_hole_come_f rom-s580x487-91754.jpg

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 01:29 PM
A well thought out and reasoned response.

and this ^^^ wasn't exactly the response i thought i would get out of someone like you....

rapier wit, you have.

My Opinion Matters
12/17/2010, 01:35 PM
Now now, no need to go around calling people rapers.

The
12/17/2010, 01:46 PM
and this ^^^ wasn't exactly the response i thought i would get out of someone like you....

rapier wit, you have.

What do you mean, someone like me?

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:00 PM
Watch out, you said veterans. That makes you a "pecker neck".

BTW, Mr. Jello, this is the exact same thing as my post that got you all bent out of shape.

the difference? i know him and where he stands....you? still a limp wristed panty waist.

3rdgensooner
12/17/2010, 02:03 PM
still a limp wristed panty waist.Be careful talking to him, you'll totally catch the guhey.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:04 PM
Be careful talking to him, you'll totally catch the guhey.

they make a topical for that now.

olevetonahill
12/17/2010, 02:05 PM
Be careful talking to him, you'll totally catch the guhey.

That ghey shat is contagious? :eek:

Jammin'
12/17/2010, 02:11 PM

Someone like you makes it hard to live with somebody else

****, I've think I've caught a bit of it now.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:11 PM

ummm i doan know...pick one.

lets go with

arrogant prick

JohnnyMack
12/17/2010, 02:16 PM
Random Guy A: Man, government spending is out of control.

Random Guy B: I know. We should really do something about it.

Random Guy A: We should definitely find some ways to cut spending.

Random Guy B: I totally agree.

Random Guy A: We should cut defense spending for sure.

Random Guy B: Why do you hate America you terrorist Nazi baby killer?

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:17 PM
Random Guy A: Man, government spending is out of control.

Random Guy B: I know. We should really do something about it.

Random Guy A: We should definitely find some ways to cut spending.

Random Guy B: I totally agree.

Random Guy A: We should cut defense spending for sure.

Random Guy B: Why do you hate America you terrorist Nazi baby killer?

lol
yeh thats TOTALLY what we are saying

AlboSooner
12/17/2010, 02:26 PM
Are personal attacks allowed on this message board?

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:29 PM
Are personal attacks allowed on this message board?

yes they are.

NormanPride
12/17/2010, 02:43 PM
Only if you're a combat veteran, though.

The
12/17/2010, 02:44 PM
ummm i doan know...pick one.

lets go with

arrogant prick

U MAD?

For the folks playing along at home, this is further proof that VA funding for psychological problems is woefully inadequate.

(that means "not enough", Jello)

And it's not arrogance if it's true, my salty friend.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:44 PM
Only if you're a combat veteran, though.

and if you blow on a trombone in and out of a band setting.

NormanPride
12/17/2010, 02:47 PM
How much is this actually going to cost? I would think health benefits for a select group of people would be a drop in the freaking bucket. But what the hell do I know about this crap.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:49 PM
U MAD?

For the folks playing along at home, this is further proof that VA funding for psychological problems is woefully inadequate.

(that means "not enough", Jello)

And it's not arrogance if it's true, my salty friend.

why would i be mad?

yeh i know what inadequate means. i can search dictionary.com too.

the difference between you and leroy is leroy doesnt hide the fact that he a pompus corksucker. you know what usually happens to arrogant people? they tend to be lonely and when they get put down by life, people tend to pile on...see lidigator....thanks for playing/welcome to ignore.

The
12/17/2010, 02:49 PM
How much is this actually going to cost? I would think health benefits for a select group of people would be a drop in the freaking bucket. But what the hell do I know about this crap.

Does a combat veteran on the internet know where you are standing? Because apparently that needs mentioning.

The
12/17/2010, 02:50 PM
why would i be mad?

yeh i know what inadequate means. i can search dictionary.com too.

the difference between you and leroy is leroy doesnt hide the fact that he a pompus corksucker. you know what usually happens to arrogant people? they tend to be lonely and when they get put down by life, people tend to pile on...see lidigator....thanks for playing/welcome to ignore.

Oh noes!

BTW, I'm getting incredible kicks that you had to look up inadequate.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:51 PM
Oh noes!

BTW, I'm getting incredible kicks that you had to look up inadequate.

heh believe it or not. i didnt have to look it up. merely pointing out that my 10 year old could have figured it out if it stumped him all that much.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:52 PM
Does a combat veteran on the internet know where you are standing? Because apparently that needs mentioning.

yeh i know where he stands too. i also know where his wife stands. now, why did you leave the first time?

The
12/17/2010, 02:53 PM
heh believe it or not. i didnt have to look it up. merely pointing out that my 10 year old could have figured it out if it stumped him all that much.

YOU SAID YOU WERE IGNORING ME.

Scared, aren't ya?

3rdgensooner
12/17/2010, 02:53 PM
Pomposity ran rampant through the thread until Little Rabbit Foo Foo came along and bopped it on the head.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:54 PM
YOU SAID YOU WERE IGNORING ME.

Scared, aren't ya?

yeh sure am.

pfffft i shiite bigger than you today, junior.

The
12/17/2010, 02:56 PM
yeh sure am.

pfffft i shiite bigger than you today, junior.

Child please, you do no such thing.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2010, 02:58 PM
Child please, you do no such thing.

clever...not much fight in ya is there?

The
12/17/2010, 03:00 PM
clever...not much fight in ya is there?

We're fighting?

I thought you were just cruising me.