PDA

View Full Version : Flash Mob sings at Quail Springs Mall

achiro
12/16/2010, 05:11 PM
We were there last weekend when they did this. I just don't know if you can call it a flash mob when people were lining up around the food court 20 minutes early to see it happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_lZyOiDmE

jumperstop
12/16/2010, 05:24 PM
Flash mobs are stupid. If I was trying to do Christmas shopping and the mall was 10 times as crowed because a whole bunch of people thought it would be funny to sing all at once I would be pissed. The originals were funny, the idea is just kinda old now, and the only reason it was funny before was because it was like "How did they all just do it at once?". It's not like that anymore, it's just "Ohh they got together on facebook to come to the mall and be gay with a whole bunch of other people because they have nothing better to do with their lifes on a Friday night than try and make people think that the whole mall just started randomly singing..." Sorry I'm not that cynical really, it just sounds like it.

The
12/16/2010, 05:28 PM
I miss the days when Flash Mob meant showing my penis to a large crowd.

hipsterdoofus
12/16/2010, 05:29 PM
It would have been more interesting if people had started flashing

C&CDean
12/16/2010, 06:05 PM
I miss the days when Flash Mob meant showing my penis to a large crowd.

Well at least you got the "large" part right.

oumartin
12/16/2010, 06:07 PM
Flash mobs are stupid. If I was trying to do Christmas shopping and the mall was 10 times as crowed because a whole bunch of people thought it would be funny to sing all at once I would be pissed. The originals were funny, the idea is just kinda old now, and the only reason it was funny before was because it was like "How did they all just do it at once?". It's not like that anymore, it's just "Ohh they got together on facebook to come to the mall and be gay with a whole bunch of other people because they have nothing better to do with their lifes on a Friday night than try and make people think that the whole mall just started randomly singing..." Sorry I'm not that cynical really, it just sounds like it.

It's Christmas, it's cool. Man, no wonder this time of years sucks for so many with people like you around.

C&CDean
12/16/2010, 06:12 PM
The video was the suck, but I got most of it. Anybody who complains about a fairly allsome rendention of the Hallelujah Chorus (or even a ****ty version) is instant bane bait in my book. Greatest song ever written.

NormanPride
12/16/2010, 06:18 PM
Better than that song in the Prisoner of Azkaban movie?

C&CDean
12/16/2010, 06:24 PM
There was a song in that flick...

Oh wait, you mean "Toils and troubles, blah blah blah, something evil this way comes!"

They're pretty dang close, but THC rules.

booomer
12/16/2010, 06:24 PM
Here's a better video...

zvVopImS9aU

C&CDean
12/16/2010, 06:25 PM
Yes, I'm old, but I'm also aware that I said "THC". Heh. Heh. Heh.

jumperstop
12/16/2010, 06:49 PM
Here's a better video...

zvVopImS9aU

Fire hazard....

jumperstop
12/16/2010, 06:50 PM
The video was the suck, but I got most of it. Anybody who complains about a fairly allsome rendention of the Hallelujah Chorus (or even a ****ty version) is instant bane bait in my book. Greatest song ever written.

I complained and I'm still around. :D

jumperstop
12/16/2010, 06:54 PM
And that's not really even a flash mob, more like a crowd who decided to get together and sing. The point of a flash mob, is supposed to be like "WTF just happened" and then everything keeps going on like normal. Not everyone sitting in anticipation for 45 for the singing to start...It'd would help if you had limited the number of people too.

2121Sooner
12/16/2010, 07:27 PM
Flash mobs are for fags who arent brave enough to do sh!t on their own. That is what America has become.....a bunch of damn followers.

If you wanna go sing, go do it, quit being a vaj

soonercruiser
12/16/2010, 09:00 PM
It's Christmas, it's cool. Man, no wonder this time of years sucks for so many with people like you around.

Scrooges! Ya!
Scrooges that can't post without talking about their weenies.

saucysoonergal
12/17/2010, 10:41 AM
They pre-announced it on the news that morning. It wasn't a secret

Thaumaturge
12/17/2010, 10:44 AM
Now do it with a real Christmas classic like the Chipmunks' song.

jumperstop
12/17/2010, 10:47 AM
They pre-announced it on the news that morning. It wasn't a secret

That makes it officially not a flash mob and just people singing. I think they missed the point of a flash mob...Whatever, if people want to get together and sing at the mall, go for it.