PDA

View Full Version : OU finals silent rave?

badger
12/16/2010, 01:35 PM
I want to know what 29-minute song has the word "Boomer" in it repeatedly!

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=19&articleid=20101216_19_0_tablet134376)

Fw0IRIuKT0s

John Kochtoston
12/16/2010, 03:57 PM
1) That is not "silent." 2) If I'm in the library, it's because I'm studying. Some jackholes start doing that while I'm knee-deep in Wills and Trusts, I'm grabbing a Compact OED and starting to swing.

The
12/16/2010, 03:59 PM
1) That is not "silent." 2) If I'm in the library, it's because I'm studying. Some jackholes start doing that while I'm knee-deep in Wills and Trusts, I'm grabbing a Compact OED and starting to swing.

You'd be arrested and charged with assault. And would probably have a hard time being a lawyer with a violent felony on your record.

And the party would still go on whilst you're contemplating all of this in your cell.

jumperstop
12/16/2010, 04:49 PM
This flash mob **** is getting old....funny before, now it just seems dumb that yall thought it would be cute to meet up someplace and all do the same thing at once.

Jammin'
12/16/2010, 04:52 PM
now it just seems dumb that yall thought it would be cute to meet up someplace and all do the same thing at once.

You still going to the bowl game?

DIB
12/16/2010, 04:54 PM
A rave without candyflipping is nary a rave at all

The
12/16/2010, 04:55 PM

Nary. Nary atall.

jumperstop
12/16/2010, 04:59 PM

I would rather hippyflip....and skip the stupid rave.

yankee
12/16/2010, 06:17 PM

This flash mob **** is getting old....funny before, now it just seems dumb that yall thought it would be cute to meet up someplace and all do the same thing at once.

buncha nancy's in this thread.

the first floor of the brary is the "social" floor anyway. and if it's really that bothersome to you, get up and move. and it lasted like 15 or 20 minutes. big deal.

jumperstop
12/16/2010, 07:01 PM
buncha nancy's in this thread.

the first floor of the brary is the "social" floor anyway. and if it's really that bothersome to you, get up and move. and it lasted like 15 or 20 minutes. big deal.

I never studied in Bizzell, only napped and looked for stuff to study in the confines of my quite apartment. To many distractions staying on campus to study. I don't care that they made a the library a rave, just seems the "flash mob" idea is no longer funny and just stupid to me. Maybe just because I've seen it done about three times in the past week.

soonerscuba
12/16/2010, 07:25 PM
Back in my day we did stuff like that, only it lasted a ****load of a lot longer than 30 minutes, we didn't do it in the library and we drank. I don't have a problem with the party, but if this passes for cool now, college must really suck.

A Sooner in Texas
12/16/2010, 09:00 PM
I'll tell you what's really fun.....

Congregating outside your dorm on a warm spring night, just waitin' for the streakers to flop by.

Good times.
:D

jumperstop
12/16/2010, 09:03 PM
I'll tell you what's really fun.....

Congregating outside your dorm on a warm spring night, just waitin' for the streakers to flop by.

Good times.
:D

Never saw one streaker in my time at OU...probably more of a 70's thing.

The
12/17/2010, 09:03 AM
Never saw one streaker in my time at OU...probably more of a 70's thing.

I was there in the Mid 90's. There was definitely streaking.

Midtowner
12/17/2010, 09:12 AM
I want to know what 29-minute song has the word "Boomer" in it repeatedly!

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=19&articleid=20101216_19_0_tablet134376)

Fw0IRIuKT0s

And some people still believe men and apes don't share a common ancestor.

SpankyNek
12/17/2010, 10:04 AM

Great name Mr. Fletcher,

It's a University library..if you are still studying after finals have concluded, then you only have yourself to blame.

I studied a lot in the Great Reading Room...it would have been quiet there I would imagine.

We didn't get full details, but I am not so sure it was a flash mob event...campus police were present, so it sounds sanctioned to me.

Also by reading the last line of the article, it looks like this will continue to happen each semester.

yermom
12/17/2010, 11:16 AM
i was too busy studying Wednesday night to even hear about this, apparently

i did see some status updates from library employees that weren't too thrilled about it though

Frozen Sooner
12/17/2010, 11:19 AM

What, OU Law doesn't have its own library?

Frozen Sooner
12/17/2010, 11:20 AM
You'd be arrested and charged with assault. And would probably have a hard time being a lawyer with a violent felony on your record.

And the party would still go on whilst you're contemplating all of this in your cell.

He's not a lawyer, nor does he plan to be one. He's a journalist who happens to hold a JD.

The
12/17/2010, 11:26 AM
He's not a lawyer, nor does he plan to be one. He's a journalist who happens to hold a JD.

Oh, well jailtime is streetcred to journalists.

Carry on, fine sir!

Frozen Sooner
12/17/2010, 11:33 AM
Swhat I'm saying. In fact, knowing where he's working, it'd probably get him a promotion.

SpankyNek
12/17/2010, 03:07 PM

Haven't been in Norman in quite a few years, but didn't OU annex the old Hollywood theater as the Law Library?

Frozen Sooner
12/17/2010, 03:11 PM
Haven't been in Norman in quite a few years, but didn't OU annex the old Hollywood theater as the Law Library?

Dunno. When they were recruiting me to come to OU Law they mentioned they'd expanded the school since I was an undergrad, but I never did come down to check it out.

jumperstop
12/17/2010, 03:37 PM

Are you talking about the one on McGee right south of Lindsey? I'm pretty sure it's a library, but not the OU law library. I think the law library is at the law school south of Imhoff.

John Kochtoston
12/19/2010, 01:52 AM

They do, and it's a really nice one. But the hours really blow, even during finals. It was my biggest complaint about OU Law, especially since there's card-key entry to the building after 6 p.m. Bizzell's hours were a lot better, but you had to put up with Mickey Mouse stuff like that there.

Oh, and it's a joke, man. Jeez. Everyone here's so serious.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/03/19/gal_heathers_patrick_labyorteaux_1.jpg

JamesHale
12/19/2010, 09:49 PM

stern, but fair.

StoopTroup
12/19/2010, 10:01 PM
stern, but fair.

I just donated you some spek.

OUMallen
12/20/2010, 11:11 AM

Why are you in Bizzell if you're in law school?

OUMallen
12/20/2010, 11:12 AM

That was while the new library was being built. The law library is "in" the law school now.

OUMallen
12/20/2010, 11:12 AM
They do, and it's a really nice one. But the hours really blow, even during finals. It was my biggest complaint about OU Law, especially since there's card-key entry to the building after 6 p.m. Bizzell's hours were a lot better, but you had to put up with Mickey Mouse stuff like that there.

Oh, and it's a joke, man. Jeez. Everyone here's so serious.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/03/19/gal_heathers_patrick_labyorteaux_1.jpg

So you'd rather drive to main campus, find a place to park, and then study with all the undergrads? :confused: