View Full Version : Perrish Cox's NFL Days May Be Over

jdsooner
12/15/2010, 01:05 PM
This former Cowboy is in BIG trouble!

NFL notebook: Denver's Perrish Cox could face up to life in prison

By Wire Reports
Published: 12/15/2010 2:30 AM
Last Modified: 12/15/2010 4:45 AM

Denver Broncos rookie cornerback Perrish Cox could face up to life in prison if convicted of sexual assault charges filed by prosecutors last week.

A portion of the case unsealed by a Douglas County (Colo.) judge Tuesday shows the sexual assault charges are Class 3 and Class 4 felonies, which carry a sentence of between two years to life in prison. They involve a helpless victim.

Other details of the case remain sealed. Cox, who played in the Broncos' loss to the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, is free on $50,000 bail. The former Oklahoma State standout could face a four-game suspension from the NFL next season for violating the league's personal conduct code.

SunnySooner
12/15/2010, 01:08 PM
Yikes! "helpless victim"---is that a child? Never heard that term before. Lawyertypes?

usaosooner
12/15/2010, 01:12 PM
if guilty i hope he rots...

MsProudSooner
12/15/2010, 01:19 PM
The first thing I thought of when I saw 'helpless victim' was someone who had been drugged with the date-rape drug.

fossil
12/15/2010, 01:22 PM
The first thing I thought of when I saw 'helpless victim' was someone who had been drugged with the date-rape drug.

:mad: Or maybe someone who was confined to a wheelchair or otherwise unable to defend themselves.

yermom
12/15/2010, 01:23 PM
he'll do a couple of years and the Eagles or the Lakers will pick him up ;)

StoopTroup
12/15/2010, 01:23 PM
I'd like to hear Al and Traber talk about this.....

3rdgensooner
12/15/2010, 01:25 PM
What a waste of talent. That guy is screwed up.

Dan Thompson
12/15/2010, 01:27 PM
Is it a rumor that USC is looking at him for a DC position?

KantoSooner
12/15/2010, 01:32 PM
nah UF

unbiasedtruth
12/15/2010, 01:36 PM
i thought he was going to replace muschump at *

3rdgensooner
12/15/2010, 01:39 PM
A little more info:

The two felony charges against Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox accuse him of sexually assaulting a helpless victim incapable of appraising her own condition.

The sex assault-victim helpless charge is a class 3 felony. The sex assault-victim incapable of appraising her condition is a class 4 felony.

The charges against Cox will require the state to prove that he had sex with the woman and that she was "physically helpless and the actor knows the victim is physically helpless and the victim has not consented."

A second count will require the state to prove that Cox knew at the time "that the victim is incapable of appraising the nature of the victim's conduct."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16859218

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2010, 01:39 PM
drunk

yermom
12/15/2010, 01:42 PM
one of the links said he had been concussed 4 days earlier and has memory loss. should be an interesting case.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2010, 01:48 PM
reminds me of this time I rear ended this dude in a truck and I ended up taking a tree out in front of the NPD...I wish it would have been a Subaru I hit

StoopTroup
12/15/2010, 01:49 PM
reminds me of this time I rear ended this dude in a truck...

As long as it was consensual....

:texan: :pop: :hot:

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2010, 01:51 PM
I tried to make it easy

StoopTroup
12/15/2010, 01:52 PM
http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/BrokebackTruck.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
12/15/2010, 01:53 PM
collier11 and JROD

yermom
12/15/2010, 01:54 PM
reminds me of this time I rear ended this dude in a truck and I ended up taking a tree out in front of the NPD...I wish it would have been a Subaru I hit

heh

Sooner_Tuf
12/15/2010, 02:03 PM
He will just have to the court that up to this point he has lived a good clean life and has always respected authority. If he can show that this is completely out of character for him he should be fine.

KantoSooner
12/15/2010, 02:34 PM
if, on the other hand, he used well planned tricks to make a 17 year old runaway take rohypnol and then tied her to an antique French torture wrack, specially purchased for the purpose before having his way....well, then he's done.
We don't know what happened yet. I trust that the police are not just whiling away their time, so it doesn't look good for him.

Soonerwake
12/15/2010, 02:37 PM
collier11 and JROD

I was waiting for the Collier reference. You two are so joined at the hip...

Soonerwake
12/15/2010, 02:38 PM
All those baaaaaa's can sure get annoying. This way is so much easier..

TheLadiesMike
12/15/2010, 02:39 PM
18-3-402. Sexual assault

(1) Any actor who knowingly inflicts sexual intrusion or sexual penetration on a victim commits sexual assault if:

(a) The actor causes submission of the victim by means of sufficient consequence reasonably calculated to cause submission against the victim's will; or

(b) The actor knows that the victim is incapable of appraising the nature of the victim's conduct; or

(c) The actor knows that the victim submits erroneously, believing the actor to be the victim's spouse; or

(d) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is less than fifteen years of age and the actor is at least four years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim; or

(e) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is at least fifteen years of age but less than seventeen years of age and the actor is at least ten years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim; or

(f) The victim is in custody of law or detained in a hospital or other institution and the actor has supervisory or disciplinary authority over the victim and uses this position of authority to coerce the victim to submit, unless the act is incident to a lawful search; or

(g) The actor, while purporting to offer a medical service, engages in treatment or examination of a victim for other than a bona fide medical purpose or in a manner substantially inconsistent with reasonable medical practices; or

(h) The victim is physically helpless and the actor knows the victim is physically helpless and the victim has not consented.

(2) Sexual assault is a class 4 felony, except as provided in subsections (3), (3.5), (4), and (5) of this section.

(3) If committed under the circumstances of paragraph (e) of subsection (1) of this section, sexual assault is a class 1 misdemeanor and is an extraordinary risk crime that is subject to the modified sentencing range specified in section 18-1.3-501 (3).

(3.5) Sexual assault is a class 3 felony if committed under the circumstances described in paragraph (h) of subsection (1) of this section.

(4) Sexual assault is a class 3 felony if it is attended by any one or more of the following circumstances:

(a) The actor causes submission of the victim through the actual application of physical force or physical violence; or

(b) The actor causes submission of the victim by threat of imminent death, serious bodily injury, extreme pain, or kidnapping, to be inflicted on anyone, and the victim believes that the actor has the present ability to execute these threats; or

(c) The actor causes submission of the victim by threatening to retaliate in the future against the victim, or any other person, and the victim reasonably believes that the actor will execute this threat. As used in this paragraph (c), "to retaliate" includes threats of kidnapping, death, serious bodily injury, or extreme pain; or

(d) The actor has substantially impaired the victim's power to appraise or control the victim's conduct by employing, without the victim's consent, any drug, intoxicant, or other means for the purpose of causing submission.

CowboyMRW
12/15/2010, 02:42 PM
If true he should spend a lot of time in jail. To me though it seems out of character because he was always trying to help his 3 little ones and he wanted to make it big so he could support them

85sooners
12/15/2010, 04:28 PM
:pop:

C&CDean
12/15/2010, 04:34 PM
If true he should spend a lot of time in jail. To me though it seems out of character because he was always trying to help his 3 little ones and he wanted to make it big so he could support them

STFU He wanted to make it "big" so he could cop bling, yo. Everybody knows that.

sooneron
12/15/2010, 04:37 PM

He has THREE kids? Jeebus, someone snip the dude! How old is he?

HE'S A GOOD KID!! DON'T BEDOWNGRADE 'EM!!!![hairGel]

IB4OU2
12/15/2010, 05:02 PM

There's not alot of room in the cab of a truck. No wonder you hit the tree.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/15/2010, 05:09 PM
The moral of the story here is this.

Don't hypnotize hookers in Colorado.

And now you know!

OUthunder
12/15/2010, 05:39 PM

Hope you used 10w/30. :D

webfoot
12/15/2010, 09:28 PM
As long as it was consensual....

:texan: :pop: :hot:

:D :D :D

StoopTroup
12/15/2010, 09:31 PM

Money doesn't solve all your problems. I'm guessing he's going to soon find out that not having it anymore will give him plenty of time to think about why.

mdklatt
12/15/2010, 09:44 PM
if, on the other hand, he used well planned tricks to make a 17 year old runaway take rohypnol and then tied her to an antique French torture wrack, specially purchased for the purpose before having his way

This is surprisingly...detailed. :eek:

Partial Qualifier
12/15/2010, 09:49 PM
Deadfish.

CowboyMRW
12/15/2010, 10:07 PM
Money doesn't solve all your problems. I'm guessing he's going to soon find out that not having it anymore will give him plenty of time to think about why.

I know money doesn't solve all problems but it is nice to have for 3 kids ranging from 4-8 or something like that growing up in Waco. Everyone knows that PCox had a troubled past but I thought that he had matured in college and had really come into his own. It seems so dumb that these athletes have everything they could want or need and just throw it away.
Let's be real, the guy could get almost any girl in Denver and he chooses to rape a girl? I hope that it was consensual and the girl is just saying that she was a lil tipsy or something.

VA Sooner
12/15/2010, 10:54 PM
he'll do a couple of years and the Eagles or the Lakers will pick him up ;)

Ouch! But true....

Piware
12/15/2010, 11:31 PM
I know money doesn't solve all problems but it is nice to have for 3 kids ranging from 4-8 or something like that growing up in Waco. Everyone knows that PCox had a troubled past but I thought that he had matured in college and had really come into his own. It seems so dumb that these athletes have everything they could want or need and just throw it away.
Let's be real, the guy could get almost any girl in Denver and he chooses to rape a girl? I hope that it was consensual and the girl is just saying that she was a lil tipsy or something.

Why do the poke excuses always sound the same? "Troubled past, 2nd chance, we thought he was okay, it was probably consensual" but they are still ripping on Dusty all these years later. What a raging bunch of hypocrites.

CowboyMRW
12/15/2010, 11:42 PM
Why do the poke excuses always sound the same? "Troubled past, 2nd chance, we thought he was okay, it was probably consensual" but they are still ripping on Dusty all these years later. What a raging bunch of hypocrites.

I said hopefully it was consensual not that it probably was.
I've never said a word about Dusty either.

Piware
12/15/2010, 11:46 PM
Congratulations Sir. You are a fine exception to the rule.

CowboyMRW
12/15/2010, 11:52 PM
Every school has black marks. It's dumb to make fun of one when you have plenty to be talked about in return

Sooner_Tuf
12/16/2010, 12:32 AM

He's 23 with an eight year old kid?

What are trying to say about girls in Denver?

Lastly, are you retarded? If you are I will quit picking on you as you are very articulate for a special person.

CowboyMRW
12/16/2010, 12:37 AM
He's 23 with an eight year old kid?

What are trying to say about girls in Denver?

Lastly, are you retarded? If you are I will quit picking on you as you are very articulate for a special person.

I don't know the exact ages of the kid. Just guessing since I've seen O'Colly pieces on him talking about making it big so he can send his 3 little ones money and items, and this was when he was a freshman and sophomore here.

Lets be real. There are girls out there that go for professional athletes for the money and prestige. I know you know what I'm talking about. All you have to do is be famous and you can pull a lot of girls. Not just in Denver. Anywhere

No I'm not retarded. Why do you ask?

Sooner_Tuf
12/16/2010, 12:45 AM
My apologies Cork.

CowboyMRW
12/16/2010, 12:49 AM
My apologies Cork.

???

picasso
12/16/2010, 12:50 AM
Denver and Poke DB's aren't a very good mix.

CowboyMRW
12/16/2010, 01:28 AM
Denver and Poke DB's aren't a very good mix.

I hope you're not poking fun at DWill

picasso
12/16/2010, 12:08 PM
I hope you're not poking fun at DWill

I'm not poking fun at anyone. Just making a point.

King Barry's Back
12/16/2010, 11:44 PM

Jesus, why would you hope for something like that? You hope some woman has accused a man of rape as a hoax? :eek:

King Barry's Back
12/16/2010, 11:49 PM
Jesus, why would you hope for something like that? You hope some woman has accused a man of rape as a hoax? :eek:

And this thread title is just as bad. "Perrish Cox's NFL Days May be Over"

How 'bout "Cox's Life May Be Over." Maybe even literally. God knows what kind of crap could happen to him in prison.

EatLeadCommie
12/17/2010, 12:48 AM
Man... Something about OSU and the Broncos don't mix lately

jumperstop
12/17/2010, 02:15 AM
Man... Something about OSU and the Broncos don't mix lately

It's Tebow, he makes everyone one the team look by bad by comparison.

sooner518
12/17/2010, 08:27 AM
And this thread title is just as bad. "Perrish Cox's NFL Days May be Over"

How 'bout "Cox's Life May Be Over." Maybe even literally. God knows what kind of crap could happen to him in prison.

Maybe "Cox's butt-virginity may be over". :eek:

CowboyMRW
12/17/2010, 10:41 AM

For any person I would rather a rape story be made up than the actual rape took place, so ya I do hope this was made up.

You're saying you hope the actual rape took place? Why, because he wore orange on Saturdays?

jumperstop
12/17/2010, 10:50 AM
For any person I would rather a rape story be made up than the actual rape took place, so ya I do hope this was made up.

You're saying you hope the actual rape took place? Why, because he wore orange on Saturdays?

That's what I was thinking. What's worse, a girl who has consensual sex and then claims rape, or her acctually getting raped? What a dumbass....

Sooner_Tuf
12/17/2010, 01:34 PM
That's what I was thinking. What's worse, a girl who has consensual sex and then claims rape, or her acctually getting raped? What a dumbass....

I don't know the answer to this. Which one is worse?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/17/2010, 01:39 PM

Well MRW, rape is not a sexual act, Its a violent crime..It usually has more to do with one taking control over someone than the act itself...Any athlete that does this could have about any woman they want(Roethlisberger)...They just feel like they are in control of everybody and nobody has a right to tell them no.

Sooner_Tuf
12/17/2010, 03:29 PM
I think rape is a sex act. Rape without sex is an a$$ kicking. What you have described is the Internal Revenue Service err Internal Raping Service?

soonerfan69
12/17/2010, 10:05 PM
If she was drunk on drugs passed out how does she know Cox raped her?

Smells like somebody wants to get paid

soonerchk
12/17/2010, 10:07 PM
Denver Broncos rookie cornerback Perrish Cox could face up to life in prison if convicted of sexual assault charges filed by prosecutors last week.

A portion of the case unsealed by a Douglas County (Colo.) judge Tuesday shows the sexual assault charges are Class 3 and Class 4 felonies, which carry a sentence of between two years to life in prison. They involve a helpless victim.

Other details of the case remain sealed. Cox, who played in the Broncos' loss to the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, is free on $50,000 bail. The former Oklahoma State standout could face a four-game suspension from the NFL next season for violating the league's personal conduct code.

Am I the only one troubled that he could face life in prison, but only a 4 game suspension?

Sooner_Tuf
12/18/2010, 12:09 AM
Am I the only one troubled that he could face life in prison, but only a 4 game suspension?

I would think Perrish would be somewhat troubled by either potential result.

soonerchk
12/18/2010, 12:04 PM
I would think Perrish would be somewhat troubled by either potential result.

Then perhaps next time he should keep his pecker in his pants.

Sooner_Tuf
12/18/2010, 04:56 PM
You should call him.

bluedogok
12/18/2010, 10:42 PM
Typically the four game suspension is a "standard suspension" for an incident like Ben's, if Cox were to be found guilty I would imagine he would approach PacMan or Vick type of suspension, one where Goodell decides when he feels like letting him back into the league. If found guilty, I would think Cox may be done for season at a minimum after he gets out of jail. If he does go to prison, his career may be over because he would be forgotten about by the time he left prison. It would more than likely be longer than Vick's sentence and Cox has nowhere near the player resume that Vick did.

So I would think 4 games would be the bare minimum even if the case didn't go forward.