PDA

View Full Version : TJ Taylor

...sooner
12/15/2010, 10:19 AM
Not sure how many of you ever visit ouhoops.com but they are saying TJ Taylor is gone & they have close personal sources.. anyone else hear about this?

Boomer.....
12/15/2010, 10:20 AM
Only what I read on there.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/15/2010, 10:33 AM
I haven't heard anything and I hope this isn't true. I watched this kid play in HS and thought he had lots of potential.

oumartin
12/15/2010, 10:41 AM
from what I've read nobody on the team has any talent so might as well free up a scholly

...sooner
12/15/2010, 10:52 AM
from what I've read nobody on the team has any talent so might as well free up a scholly

oh boo..

sperry
12/15/2010, 12:52 PM
Absolutely unreal if true. That would mean Capel is now something like 1 for 15 on retaining freshman for four years. I really hope its not true.

badger
12/15/2010, 01:16 PM
The easiest way to tell if a player is really gone is to check the player roster on SS.com

Check it now if you want here! (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/okla-m-baskbl-mtt.html)

Just after noon on Wednesday, he's still a Sooner.

You don't need a paid subscription or need inside sources on this one usually. SS.com rosters are usually more up-to-date than any media sources, message board sources, internet sources, friend's-brother's-mother's-neighbor's-on-team sources.

GDC
12/15/2010, 01:21 PM
Well, the entire basketball program is pretty much gone, so this appears to be a moot point.

...sooner
12/15/2010, 01:25 PM
The easiest way to tell if a player is really gone is to check the player roster on SS.com

Check it now if you want here! (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/okla-m-baskbl-mtt.html)

Just after noon on Wednesday, he's still a Sooner.

You don't need a paid subscription or need inside sources on this one usually. SS.com rosters are usually more up-to-date than any media sources, message board sources, internet sources, friend's-brother's-mother's-neighbor's-on-team sources.

--hahahahahahahah!

Well, the entire basketball program is pretty much gone, so this appears to be a moot point.

--boo on you

yankee
12/15/2010, 01:34 PM
visions of TMG flash thru my head when i look at TJ's facebook page...:(

...sooner
12/15/2010, 01:41 PM
visions of TMG flash thru my head when i look at TJ's facebook page...:(

what does it say??

badger
12/15/2010, 01:43 PM
Laugh if you want, but when a womens team player was ousted about a week ago, the SS.com roster had her off before anyone else reported it.. and I think the same was the case for RB and JD if I recall correctly.

What does TJ's facebook say?

yankee
12/15/2010, 01:50 PM
it's not as bad as TMG's was...just reminded me of it in general. i had a hard time understanding what he was saying, except the part where he said he's gonna be a 1st round draft pick one day.

badger
12/15/2010, 01:54 PM

(if I say it three times, perhaps it'll appear like beetlejuice?)

:D thanks in advance

...sooner
12/15/2010, 01:56 PM
Laugh if you want, but when a womens team player was ousted about a week ago, the SS.com roster had her off before anyone else reported it.. and I think the same was the case for RB and JD if I recall correctly.

naw i was just laughing at what you said about the sources. it was funny. & ya thats what i figured cause amhed is off the roster again soo we will see

Eielson
12/15/2010, 05:58 PM

TJ Taylor has talent.

SoonerDan74012
12/15/2010, 08:00 PM
T.J. Taylor has left the team according to Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World. Just thought I would stop by and let you all know.

the_ouskull
12/15/2010, 08:20 PM
TJ Taylor has talent.

Let's see where he takes it.

the_ouskull

Blue
12/15/2010, 08:25 PM
geez. Wtf is going on with this team?

badger
12/16/2010, 12:03 AM
T.J. Taylor has left the team according to Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World. Just thought I would stop by and let you all know.

Yeah I saw that on his twitter. (http://twitter.com/GuerinEmig)

Boomer.....
12/16/2010, 08:28 AM
Freshman T.J. Taylor leaves OU basketball team

NORMAN — Freshman T.J. Taylor has left the Oklahoma men's basketball team. Sooners coach Jeff Capel said Taylor is leaving for personal reasons but plans to transfer to a junior college. Taylor told Capel on Wednesday.

“I love Coach Capel and the staff at OU, and I wish everyone on the team the best of luck,” Taylor said in a statement.

The 6-foot-3 guard was a three-time All-State player at Denison High School (Texas). He suffered a concussion during the preseason and did not play in any games.

http://newsok.com/freshman-t.j.-taylor-leaves-ou-basketball-team/article/3524000

birddog
12/16/2010, 08:37 AM
this is crazy. never heard of the kid but not sure why he'd leave as a freshman with all that playing time available. factor in what's happened with cable and his "players" over the last couple of years and you'd think they would have done everything necessary to keep tj on the squad. if it was something that couldn't be handled internally then it is just another indictment on cable and his ability to run a program.

you think calvin would come back as a coach in waiting? :texan:

badger
12/16/2010, 12:17 PM
Main mens bball story on SS.com? Yeah, I think it's official now :D

Link (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/121510aaa.html)

soonerbub
12/16/2010, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a grade casualty a la Moose Clark. Best-a-luck in the future

jumperstop
12/16/2010, 06:39 PM
this is crazy. never heard of the kid but not sure why he'd leave as a freshman with all that playing time available. factor in what's happened with cable and his "players" over the last couple of years and you'd think they would have done everything necessary to keep tj on the squad. if it was something that couldn't be handled internally then it is just another indictment on cable and his ability to run a program.

you think calvin would come back as a coach in waiting? :texan:

Cable and Calvin?

birddog
12/16/2010, 10:22 PM
that's gene cable.