PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Shepard, Class of 2012

Adrian
12/15/2010, 08:44 AM
CtGP6439B-Y

Son of Derrick Shepard-are we recruiting him?

birddog
12/15/2010, 08:58 AM
i hope we aren't recruiting number 28.

sooner518
12/15/2010, 09:43 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sterling-Shepard-102656

it would appear that we are recruiting him. but i have no real idea.

boomersooner28
12/15/2010, 10:24 AM

HAH! The whole video is him diving at Sterling's feet! :D

Adrian
12/15/2010, 11:41 AM
Sterling went to OU's Junior Day. Hale has the info on his premium board, so I guess I'll just have to pm Romulus...

Adrian
12/15/2010, 08:44 PM
Romulus told me he ran for 197 yards and 4 touchdowns in the 3A Championship Game to help Heritage Hall beat Kingfisher, 169 of those yards coming in the second half. He told me that for any more info, I'd have to pay James Hale. I said never! :mad:

SCxxSOONER
12/15/2010, 10:56 PM
Wow! I sure hope we are recruiting him!

Adrian
12/16/2010, 12:05 AM
O.S.U. has offered. U.C.L.A. has offered. We need to offer...

Overtime
12/16/2010, 12:33 AM
His teammate Barry Sanders Jr., who sure as heck isn't coming to OU. OSU and UCLA seem to be on both their lists.

sooner94
12/19/2010, 12:22 AM
That is really unfair to their opponents, Sheppard at QB and Sanders Jr at running back. Especially in 3A.

texaspokieokie
12/19/2010, 10:32 AM
any late word on where Sanders (not) jr is going ??

Collier11
12/20/2010, 12:45 AM
Watched Shephard in the 3A title game tonight on tv replay, really versatile and explosive athlete

oudavid1
12/20/2010, 03:06 AM
CtGP6439B-Y

Son of Derrick Shepard-are we recruiting him?

Wow! I sure hope we are recruiting him!

O.S.U. has offered. U.C.L.A. has offered. We need to offer...

I dont see enough in my opinion. hope this kid proves me wrong.

That is really unfair to their opponents, Sheppard at QB and Sanders Jr at running back. Especially in 3A.

Ehhhhhhhhh...nvm

Adrian
12/20/2010, 10:42 AM

I'm not sure I trust your judgment. You depend too much on your sources...

oudavid1
12/20/2010, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure I trust your judgment. You depend too much on your sources...

lol my source agrees so far. But this kid his a ways to go. Like i said, he can prove me wrong.

SOONER STEAKER
12/25/2010, 01:57 AM
Shep dominates Class 3A, I just wonder what he would do against some real athletic players. His father was a walk on at OU that produced his jr and sr years his uncle didn't produce as a QB until his jr year as well. Can we afford to offer a kid that blood lines suggest he won't produce until he's a junior?

birddog
12/25/2010, 05:36 PM
heh

Cornfed
12/28/2010, 02:23 AM
I was at the 3A state championship game and he took the game over in the second half, Had heritage hall not went all Sterling all the time they would have lost. What I think that he has against him is size and the competition he has played.

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/28/2010, 11:10 AM
He will commit to OU soon

rush4life
12/28/2010, 02:47 PM

Ehhhhhhhhh...nvm

56 catches for 1,015 yards and 18 touchdowns. 50 carries for 575 yards and 10 touchdowns. Three touchdown passes. Six interception/kick returns for scores. 103 tackles and eight interceptions plus he put the team on his back and won a state championship. What else do you need to see?!

rush4life
12/28/2010, 02:53 PM
Shep dominates Class 3A, I just wonder what he would do against some real athletic players. His father was a walk on at OU that produced his jr and sr years his uncle didn't produce as a QB until his jr year as well. Can we afford to offer a kid that blood lines suggest he won't produce until he's a junior?

Since when does a kids father and uncle dictate what HE will do on the field? (By the way, his dad played in the NFL and uncle did not get a far shake at OU since he was a transfer from Houston... Just ask old teammates about this if you need a source.) I don't see jarret payton (walter's son) holding a hall of fame trophy anytime soon. Lets just evaluate the kids individually. and from what I have seen, OU would be dumb to not offer him. regardless if he helps them as a freshman or junior, he will make his presence known. If not OU then somewhere else.

rush4life
12/28/2010, 02:57 PM
for anyone else who wonders if this kid is legit, click in the link i posted. The first one is offense. the second is defense, and the third is probably his most impressive... blocking. look at them then tell me if he isn't legit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfbUVvPyGAk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwL_http://www.youtube.com/watch?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSRcwHrduGs

oudavid1
12/28/2010, 03:42 PM
56 catches for 1,015 yards and 18 touchdowns. 50 carries for 575 yards and 10 touchdowns. Three touchdown passes. Six interception/kick returns for scores. 103 tackles and eight interceptions plus he put the team on his back and won a state championship. What else do you need to see?!

him play against talented kids. My little plays 4A football and their not even that good. But like i said, i hope im wrong and this kid is the next Heisman Winner. I dont want to be a hater, i just want to give my opinion. I would love to have game tape and evaluate myself.

rush4life
12/28/2010, 04:36 PM
him play against talented kids. My little plays 4A football and their not even that good. But like i said, i hope im wrong and this kid is the next Heisman Winner. I dont want to be a hater, i just want to give my opinion. I would love to have game tape and evaluate myself.

So basically you're saying 3A has no talent what so ever? Thats not realistic. When Barry Jr went down, everyone knew who they had to stop game in and game out and they still couldn't do it. How about we give the player some credit. I posted the links of his blocking, offense, and defense. I can tell you havent seen him live based on your comments so If the videos don't do it for you, I would also advise you to watch him live and in color before saying he doesn't show you much. but thats just my opinion of course.

picasso
12/28/2010, 05:01 PM

Wes Welker played in 2A. Players are players, regardless of class. And no offense but your bloodline logic is pure sillyness.

rush4life
12/28/2010, 05:04 PM
Wes Welker played in 2A. Players are players, regardless of class. And no offense but your bloodline logic is pure sillyness.

Agree 100%

oudavid1
12/28/2010, 07:06 PM
So basically you're saying 3A has no talent what so ever? Thats not realistic. When Barry Jr went down, everyone knew who they had to stop game in and game out and they still couldn't do it. How about we give the player some credit. I posted the links of his blocking, offense, and defense. I can tell you havent seen him live based on your comments so If the videos don't do it for you, I would also advise you to watch him live and in color before saying he doesn't show you much. but thats just my opinion of course.

i understand where you are coming from. But a 3A defense is not a great test for anyone. I played in 6A and i wasnt even good or talented.

rush4life
12/28/2010, 07:42 PM
i understand where you are coming from. But a 3A defense is not a great test for anyone. I played in 6A and i wasnt even good or talented.

he plays defense and SP teams too. kid neer comes off the field. You can't judge an entire class on some scrub teams. I saw Spiro, Cascia hall, Bethany, Kingfisher and Anadarko and they could run with alot of teams in OK. Maybe not win but they wouldn't get destroyed. I have seen some 6A teams that flat out suck! Now I played high school football in Texas. I played in what was the best class in Texas... 4A. 5A teams get punked by 4A and 3A teams in texas all the time. So classes don't mean anything. I tell you what, HH plays Flower Mound Marcus which is in Texas on ESPN. Marcus is a legit 5A team that is loaded with talent. I'm not gonna say that HH will win. But Sterling and Barry will shine for everyone to see. Then no one can say he doesn't play against great athletes, cuase whether you like the state or not, Texas has argueably the best talent in the nation.

rush4life
12/28/2010, 07:49 PM
OUavid1.... don't want you to think i'm arguing with you (can't tell the tone of typing on a forum). its all a matter of opinion. I just have seen this kid play and OU would be crazy not to sign him. I believe this kid could start on any team in any class in OK. I would love to see this kid actually have a QB who could hit him on the run. majority of his catches are acrobatic due to him being under thrown. no one can get this kid down in the open field. he is broyles 2.0 with possibly better hands.

Collier11
12/28/2010, 08:12 PM

So you are saying that 3A Ds are not that good but then saying you were on the team in 6A and not that good, you really arent making a point there David.

I played in class 2A against Welker, he was in our district, so was Rashaun Woods and Elbert Craig. One of my good friends was a Freshman AA TE at Tulsa, the class you play in has nothing to do with how good you will be.

In fact, it isnt even necessarily that the best players in 6A are that much better than the best players in 2A or 3A, its that there are more of them on each team by a wide margin

oudavid1
12/28/2010, 08:31 PM
I just wanted to get 2 points across, i sucked at football.

And i havnt seen a lot of this kids tape.

But if i had to guess i would say he dosnt make it.

But i hope im wrong. Cause i love it when Oklahoma kids play great football.

And dont worry about me taking anything to seriously or personally, i respect all of your opinions. Its all good in the hood.

KiiDSooNER
12/28/2010, 09:06 PM
To many haters around this board. I'm sure people where thinking the same exact thing when Ryan Broyles or even Justin Blackmon were high school recruits.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 10:10 AM
he plays defense and SP teams too. kid neer comes off the field. You can't judge an entire class on some scrub teams. I saw Spiro, Cascia hall, Bethany, Kingfisher and Anadarko and they could run with alot of teams in OK. Maybe not win but they wouldn't get destroyed. I have seen some 6A teams that flat out suck! Now I played high school football in Texas. I played in what was the best class in Texas... 4A. 5A teams get punked by 4A and 3A teams in texas all the time. So classes don't mean anything. I tell you what, HH plays Flower Mound Marcus which is in Texas on ESPN. Marcus is a legit 5A team that is loaded with talent. I'm not gonna say that HH will win. But Sterling and Barry will shine for everyone to see. Then no one can say he doesn't play against great athletes, cuase whether you like the state or not, Texas has argueably the best talent in the nation.

i think 5a is the best in tx.

rush4life
12/29/2010, 11:29 AM
i think 5a is the best in tx.

I respectfully disagree.... South Lake Carroll was a powerhouse in 5A until Euless Trinity knocked them off. But when SL Carroll was in 4A the never won state. Give me Aledo and lake travis over Pearland and cibolo in my opinion

rush4life
12/29/2010, 11:32 AM
I just wanted to get 2 points across, i sucked at football.

And i havnt seen a lot of this kids tape.

But if i had to guess i would say he dosnt make it.

But i hope im wrong. Cause i love it when Oklahoma kids play great football.

And dont worry about me taking anything to seriously or personally, i respect all of your opinions. Its all good in the hood.

I just don't see how you can say you don't think a kid can make it without watching him play. I promise once you watch sterling play you'll change your mind. Remember this forum when you hear about him tearing it up with some D-1 team.

rush4life
12/29/2010, 11:34 AM
To many haters around this board. I'm sure people where thinking the same exact thing when Ryan Broyles or even Justin Blackmon were high school recruits.

Add to your future post: WR Sterling Shepard, if not OU is crazy!

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 11:56 AM
I respectfully disagree.... South Lake Carroll was a powerhouse in 5A until Euless Trinity knocked them off. But when SL Carroll was in 4A the never won state. Give me Aledo and lake travis over Pearland and cibolo in my opinion

i think southlake won in 3a & 4a. when they had todd dodge.
i think you're delusional.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 11:57 AM
rush4life

why do you think smaller schools beat the biggest ones ??

rush4life
12/29/2010, 12:32 PM
i think southlake won in 3a & 4a. when they had todd dodge.
i think you're delusional.

Naw playboy you're delusional... I never mentioned anything about 3A but since you went there they won state titles in 3A in the late 80's and early 90's under Ledbetter but were ohfer in 4A and didn't win again till the went up to 5A under Dodge which is my arguement. they could win in 4A.... Get you facts straight before you call people delusional.

rush4life
12/29/2010, 12:33 PM
rush4life

why do you think smaller schools beat the biggest ones ??

Talent .... look at the success rate of players from texas 4A schools then you'll see what I mean.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 12:38 PM
when slc was in 3a or 4a , it was because they were smaller.

rush4life
12/29/2010, 01:13 PM
when slc was in 3a or 4a , it was because they were smaller.

That's not the point I was making.. Nevermind bro. If you wanna start up a Texas hs football forum be my guest. This forum is about sterling.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 01:31 PM
is this what you're saying ??

4a schools, with a smaller pool to choose from, on a regular basis end up with
more talented players & teams.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 01:35 PM
That's not the point I was making.. Nevermind bro. If you wanna start up a Texas hs football forum be my guest. This forum is about sterling.

you're the one that brot up tejas.

rush4life
12/29/2010, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=texaspokieokie;3097553]you're the one that brot up tejas.[/

I was using tx talent as ab argument for those saying sterling doesn't play against talent. They play fm Marcus next yr. I made the statement about 4a being better than 5a in comparison to those saying 3a in ok has no competition. You made the claim that 5a is better. I disagreed respectfully. You made the false claim about slc and called me' delusional. I gave you facts and called you delusional. 4a is smaller than 5a yes but has more talent. Look it up. Which I was making the case for sterling who catches heat for playing in 3a which is better than 4a in ok. If you don't understand the arguement I'm sorry.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 03:23 PM
i understand the points (& agree) you made pertaining to OK.

lookat Billy Sims.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 03:41 PM
things you express as facts are quite obviously only your opinions.

rush4life
12/29/2010, 04:36 PM
things you express as facts are quite obviously only your opinions.

Everything stated in a forum is opinion sir. The facts I was pertaining to are the ones about slc (look it up if you need a source) and the more successful players come from 4a (look up players in the league from Texas
and see what class they played in) those are facts not opinion.

The difference is everything i have said is factual unlike yours (slc winning in 4a is an example) so until you can prove otherwise everything you have said is opinion/false and that's obvious.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 04:40 PM
too much trouble. & proves nothing.

KiiDSooNER
12/29/2010, 05:11 PM
I for one am a fan of Shepard and think he'd be a great add to our class next year. There are a couple of players from Oklahoma that we have to land. I'm sure that we'll due a great job securing the players in Oklahoma that WANT to come here.

rush4life
12/29/2010, 05:27 PM
too much trouble. & proves nothing.

Yeah I would say the same if I knew I was full of bs.. Just for kicks take a look at rivals.com and take a peek at the top 100 recruits. 14 from the state, 7 from 4a, 3 from 5a, 3from 3a, and 1 from 2a. But that may be too much trouble. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. But hey that proves nothing right?? Smh

rush4life
12/29/2010, 05:32 PM
I for one am a fan of Shepard and think he'd be a great add to our class next year. There are a couple of players from Oklahoma that we have to land. I'm sure that we'll due a great job securing the players in Oklahoma that WANT to come here.

Along with sterling we shld go after Ross from jenks and Roberts from Norman. Word is they will recruit only one rb And if that's the case and if I could be honest I rather have gray from aledo!

KiiDSooNER
12/29/2010, 10:41 PM
Along with sterling we shld go after Ross from jenks and Roberts from Norman. Word is they will recruit only one rb And if that's the case and if I could be honest I rather have gray from aledo!

I expect Ross to be another guy who could be a Sooner next year. Question is will he be a running back or linebacker? He looks really good as a running back with a balanced running style. I'm not sure about Roberts though. Reminds me a lot of Clay. If we're recruiting a runningback in the state of Oklahoma, hopefully we look at Dre Holman. Could end up being a power back here at OU.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah I would say the same if I knew I was full of bs.. Just for kicks take a look at rivals.com and take a peek at the top 100 recruits. 14 from the state, 7 from 4a, 3 from 5a, 3from 3a, and 1 from 2a. But that may be too much trouble. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. But hey that proves nothing right?? Smh

is there a reason that 4a schools have more talented players coming from a smaller group, playgirl ???

OU_Sooners75
12/30/2010, 03:27 AM

Isn't Ardmore 3A or 4A?
Isn't Wynnewood(sp?) 3A used to be 2A not too long around?

Those two schools produced the likes of Greshman and James Allen.

Lets not forget the smaller schools that have produced the likes of Jeremy Shockey, Wes Welker, Gerald McCoy, and Tommie Harris to name just a few NFL caliber talent from smaller schools.

My point, who cares where he plays high school, the fact that he dominates shows me he has the talent to at least offer!

pappy
12/30/2010, 04:05 AM
Isn't Ardmore 3A or 4A?

Lets not forget the smaller schools that have produced the likes of Jeremy Shockey, Wes Welker, Gerald McCoy, and Tommie Harris to name just a few NFL caliber talent from smaller schools.

My point, who cares where he plays high school, the fact that he dominates shows me he has the talent to at least offer!

Ardmore is 5A and Gerald McCoy's team played 5A also...Shockey played 4A, Welker was 3A or 2A depending on the year.

birddog
12/30/2010, 09:02 AM
is there a reason that 4a schools have more talented players coming from a smaller group, playgirl ???

yes, oudavid will fill you in on all of that too.

Jello Biafra
12/30/2010, 01:10 PM

haahaahaaa that some stupid shiite right there....do you even have a clue how stupid you sound right now?

rush4life
12/30/2010, 03:52 PM

I'm done with you dawg. You are truly ignorant if after all the posts you're still lost. SMH

rush4life
12/30/2010, 03:56 PM
Isn't Ardmore 3A or 4A?

Very intelligent post

Jello Biafra
12/30/2010, 06:30 PM
Isn't Ardmore 3A or 4A?

hell, lets take it a step further bro.....once of the best linebacker/DEs to grace norman (or potentially) is from a fuggin 8 man football school...dude is clueless. might as well drop it. u aint changin his mind.

rush4life
12/30/2010, 09:53 PM
hell, lets take it a step further bro.....once of the best linebacker/DEs to grace norman (or potentially) is from a fuggin 8 man football school...dude is clueless. might as well drop it. u aint changin his mind.

I got another one for ya... Curtis Lofton....where did he play ball? Kingfisher.... what class were they? 2A.... Sterling Shepard Can play at any level. Point blank and period!

PLaw
1/1/2011, 12:07 AM

The reason SLC went down was because a coach named Dodge thought he could make it at UNT. I'll take Trinity, Allen, SLC, and Coppell against any four 4A schools, just sayin'.

BOOMER

PLaw
1/1/2011, 12:13 AM
I got another one for ya... Curtis Lofton....where did he play ball? Kingfisher.... what class were they? 2A.... Sterling Shepard Can play at any level. Point blank and period!

Yep, AD played 3A.

and, Derrick's boy can play.

BOOMER

texaspokieokie
1/2/2011, 09:41 AM
The reason SLC went down was because a coach named Dodge thought he could make it at UNT. I'll take Trinity, Allen, SLC, and Coppell against any four 4A schools, just sayin'.

BOOMER

^^^^^
this.

no one said great players don't come from small schools.
there's just more that come from large schools.
numbers don't lie, but can be twisted.

the original point was, it's easier to judge talent against the stronger teams.

rush4life
1/2/2011, 02:06 PM

BOOMER

Part of that is true and I agree with but what about when dodge and SLC was at 4A and they never won state?? I know 2 of those years he lost to Wichita Falls HS in the 4A playoffs. Then they go to 5A and dominate. I'm not ripping 5A in texas cause they play GREAT football. I'm just using SLC as an example due to their storied program in the last decade. I just want someone to give an educated opinion on why in the case of the all mighty SLC and the great Todd Dodge, why couldn't they win in 4A yet dominate for years in 5A?

texaspokieokie
1/2/2011, 02:29 PM
they got to be a bigger school, & had their system installed in the complete
slc school district. todd dodge became more experienced & was a better coach.

how they became so successful with a buch of rich (mostly) white kids (trying not to be a horrible racist) is WAY beyond me.

obviously, my reasons are purely GUESSES.

texaspokieokie
1/2/2011, 02:41 PM
i actually googled something; in 4a they reached the quarters & then the semis in only 2 years under dodge, before moving up to 5a.

rush4life
1/2/2011, 03:01 PM
i actually googled something; in 4a they reached the quarters & then the semis in only 2 years under dodge, before moving up to 5a.

True but still never won the Ship.... Whether they would have won in 4A we will never know. My opinion is no based on reasons I have already posted.

texaspokieokie
1/3/2011, 08:37 AM
True but still never won the Ship.... Whether they would have won in 4A we will never know. My opinion is no based on reasons I have already posted.

As you say, we'll never know. we should agree to dis-agree & i would like to retract my usage of the word "delusional". that was wrong.

Sabanball
1/6/2011, 02:01 PM
While at HH yesterday to visit with Barry Sanders, the coaches from there took time to show Coach Saban tape of Sterling. Don't know if that was enough to stir up interest on Bama's part, but nonetheless thought it was interesting.

rush4life
1/7/2011, 10:58 PM
While at HH yesterday to visit with Barry Sanders, the coaches from there took time to show Coach Saban tape of Sterling. Don't know if that was enough to stir up interest on Bama's part, but nonetheless thought it was interesting.

Bama coaches were there to look at him during the 1st round playoff game against little axe. first two times he touched the ball he scored but got hurt and didn't pplay after the first qtr. Saban knows talent. wouldn't surprise me if the are interested in sterling.

setem
1/13/2011, 11:22 AM
A little bird told me yesterday that Sterling has already verbally committed to OSU. I can't reveal my sources but the girl is friends with Sterling and Jr.

rush4life
1/13/2011, 11:36 PM
A little bird told me yesterday that Sterling has already verbally committed to OSU. I can't reveal my sources but the girl is friends with Sterling and Jr.

I can tell you for a FACT that this is 100% false

stoopified
1/25/2011, 05:02 PM
Shep dominates Class 3A, I just wonder what he would do against some real athletic players. His father was a walk on at OU that produced his jr and sr years his uncle didn't produce as a QB until his jr year as well. Can we afford to offer a kid that blood lines suggest he won't produce until he's a junior?Not sure where you get your info that Derick did not contribute untill his junior year,he was a contributor all four years at OU and was key part of OU's come from behind win over osu in 1983(his freshman year).You are correct about Darrell not being a factor at qb for OU until his junior season BUT he had a good reason in that he spent his first two seasons playing qb at Houston. Alos Sterling Shepards uncle Woody quit OU after he was MVP of OU's Fiesta Bolw win over Wyoming'

In any case what does anything Darrell or Derrick or Woody did or didn't do have to do with Sterling? By that logic OU should not have recruited Kendall Thompson because his father Charles couldn't pass and was a thief and drug pusher at OU.

rush4life
1/25/2011, 08:25 PM
Not sure where you get your info that Derick did not contribute untill his junior year,he was a contributor all four years at OU and was key part of OU's come from behind win over osu in 1983(his freshman year).You are correct about Darrell not being a factor at qb for OU until his junior season BUT he had a good reason in that he spent his first two seasons playing qb at Houston. Alos Sterling Shepards uncle Woody quit OU after he was MVP of OU's Fiesta Bolw win over Wyoming'

In any case what does anything Darrell or Derrick or Woody did or didn't do have to do with Sterling? By that logic OU should not have recruited Kendall Thompson because his father Charles couldn't pass and was a thief and drug pusher at OU.

Thank you for this post! What does a kids pedigree have to do with what year he will have success? Derrick contributed as soon as he stepped on the field. Darrell went to Houston due to them paying him a ridiculous amount of money and got busted and transfered due to him not being able to play in a bowl game. He would have originally went to OU cause his brother Woodie was there. Anyone who played with Darrell will tell you that he would have been an all american if he would have been there for all 4 yrs. Just ask some of his old teammates! I remember him scoring the first time he touched the ball! So I guess based on the other guys logic Sterling will be just fine! Nevertheless, I have seen sterling live in person and he can play with anyone at any level and barring injury will be a star at the collegiate level.

stoopified
1/25/2011, 10:10 PM
I have no idea if Sterling will come to OU or even be a D-! player but ruling him out because of classification or bloodlines is stupid. Having watched Heritage Hall play several times last season I will say this: I don't see any real difference between Barry Sanders jr and Sterling.

rush4life
1/25/2011, 10:22 PM
I have no idea if Sterling will come to OU or even be a D-! player but ruling him out because of classification or bloodlines is stupid. Having watched Heritage Hall play several times last season I will say this: I don't see any real difference between Barry Sanders jr and Sterling.

No disrespect to Barry Jr,but sterling is the best player at HH. the only ones who say Barry Jr is better are those who havent watched a game and seen the two play. They just base it off his name. Barry Jr is awesome, but sterling is better.

Eielson
1/26/2011, 12:11 AM
Isn't Ardmore 3A or 4A?

Ronnell Lewis played B.

yankee
1/26/2011, 01:30 AM

5A teams don't get punked by 3A teams in TX. To my knowledge they don't even PLAY each other. And there are only a few 4A programs in TX that could "punk" 5A teams, like LT, Aledo, and maybe a few others. And 5A is easily the best classification of TX HS football, it's not even close. But nice try.

rush4life
1/26/2011, 05:05 PM
5A teams don't get punked by 3A teams in TX. To my knowledge they don't even PLAY each other. And there are only a few 4A programs in TX that could "punk" 5A teams, like LT, Aledo, and maybe a few others. And 5A is easily the best classification of TX HS football, it's not even close. But nice try.

umm... no.... 5a has played 4a and 3a teams and do get beat. trust me, I was raised in texas and played at 4a school in texas. to say its not close is just not factual. the prev debate was that 4a produces more top D-I athletes throughout the years and that is a fact! Just look at the rivals 100 list for 2011. Anyone who played hs football in texas and knows texas hs football knows that 4A is the best. BUT NICE TRY THOUGH

texaspokieokie
1/26/2011, 06:27 PM
Yankee
you ain't never gonna convince Rush4, because he played 4a ball in tx.
end of case !!

rush4life
1/26/2011, 08:02 PM
Yankee
you ain't never gonna convince Rush4, because he played 4a ball in tx.
end of case !!

Not about convincing.... facts prove it whether I played 2A ball in tx. Where did yall play hs ball?

texaspokieokie
1/27/2011, 09:16 AM
didn't play no ball there; but i have lived in tejas for 40 yrs.
yall.

BigTime1
1/27/2011, 09:35 AM
I coach in Texas and it totally depends on the year as to what division is the best. Within the last 2years Ive seen 2a's that could beat certain 5a's and have beat 4a's. I dont know about the #s of recruits it may be 4a has produced more there are a lot of great players that come from there but for as for competition its year to year.

texaspokieokie
1/27/2011, 09:53 AM
maybe, there are more 4a schools than 5a.
i can imagine the VERY best 24 could beat the WORST 5a or 4a teams.
who knows ?? what is the explanation for this possibility.

is it like when a & m loses to a directional school from LA, major upset ???
or is it inherent that ALL players in 4a are just tuffer & more talented than
5a city boys.

do you think some 4a schools could've beaten SLC when they played 5a for Todd Dodge & went something like 78-1 ??

BigTime1
1/27/2011, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=texaspokieokie;3131237]
or is it inherent that ALL players in 4a are just tuffer & more talented than
5a city boys

Defintely does not imply that

BigTime1
1/27/2011, 11:25 AM
do you think some 4a schools could've beaten SLC when they played 5a for Todd Dodge & went something like 78-1 ??[/QUOTE]

Most Likely HECK no it would have to be one of those nights

yankee
1/28/2011, 06:53 PM
umm... no.... 5a has played 4a and 3a teams and do get beat. trust me, I was raised in texas and played at 4a school in texas. to say its not close is just not factual. the prev debate was that 4a produces more top D-I athletes throughout the years and that is a fact! Just look at the rivals 100 list for 2011. Anyone who played hs football in texas and knows texas hs football knows that 4A is the best. BUT NICE TRY THOUGH

I'm from Texas too, so don't assume that I have no idea what's going on. The only scenario I can think of 3A schools playing 5A schools and ACTUALLY beating them is 3A powerhouses playing awful inner city schools. And if you really want to base your argument of small schools hanging with big schools of off that, than that is a very stupid argument.

I'd also like you to show me the numbers that 4A produces and 5A produces with relation to Division 1 athletes. 5A doesn't have a cap on enrollment, and there are more 5A schools in the state, so I find that very hard to believe. Are there 4A schools that produce major D1 talent? You bet. West Orange Stark is a D1 factory. But I don't think there's any way 4A produces more D1 talent than 5A. So prove it to me, ok?

I went to Southlake Carroll. I've watched Texas High School football for years. 5A is without a doubt the best. The top 4A teams could hang with the top 5A teams, but the depth of the classifications isn't even close. 5A has more talent and better teams across the state than 4A does.

I'll be waiting on those numbers. Kthnx.

yankee
1/28/2011, 06:54 PM
do you think some 4a schools could've beaten SLC when they played 5a for Todd Dodge & went something like 78-1 ??

Most Likely HECK no it would have to be one of those nights

More like HELL no. I graduated from Carroll in 2008. I witnessed that domination firsthand. Lake Travis has a nice little streak going in 4A, but they don't face the same competition week in and week out, so their streak is comparable but not equal.

texaspokieokie
1/29/2011, 08:25 AM
BigTime1 is @ least reasonable.

htownsooner7
1/29/2011, 02:02 PM

This is idiotic.

rush4life
1/30/2011, 04:15 PM
I'm from Texas too, so don't assume that I have no idea what's going on. The only scenario I can think of 3A schools playing 5A schools and ACTUALLY beating them is 3A powerhouses playing awful inner city schools. And if you really want to base your argument of small schools hanging with big schools of off that, than that is a very stupid argument.

I'd also like you to show me the numbers that 4A produces and 5A produces with relation to Division 1 athletes. 5A doesn't have a cap on enrollment, and there are more 5A schools in the state, so I find that very hard to believe. Are there 4A schools that produce major D1 talent? You bet. West Orange Stark is a D1 factory. But I don't think there's any way 4A produces more D1 talent than 5A. So prove it to me, ok?

I went to Southlake Carroll. I've watched Texas High School football for years. 5A is without a doubt the best. The top 4A teams could hang with the top 5A teams, but the depth of the classifications isn't even close. 5A has more talent and better teams across the state than 4A does.

I'll be waiting on those numbers. Kthnx.

You seem to be able to read....Go back to my post and read where I said you can go to Rivals.com and see the top 250 recruits and where they come from. You can go back and look at past yrs as well. I have already posted the numbers before so use your fingers and scroll back to that post. You went to South Lake Carroll, so what happened when you never won 4A titles but starting winning 5A titles when you had Dodge as coach playboy? Yalls argument is SLC who is a great program no doubt, but I said from top to bottom. Just because the 5A has more kids doesn't mean they have more DI talent. Look at the state of OK. 4A has more kids then 3 and 4A and is weaker than both. So I have given numbers to prove my case. I'll be waiting on yours now. KTHNX

rush4life
1/30/2011, 04:19 PM
This is idiotic.

whats idiotic is that you're behind a keyboard typing " thats idiotic" yet you have nothing to claim what I am saying is false. Your funny bro! Too bad I have facts to back my statements. Can't be too idiotic when the numbers claim what I am saying is true. But you keep up the intelligent posts sir!

rush4life
1/30/2011, 04:27 PM
A nice streak?? Ok I am starting to get it... For some reason you seam to hate on 4A. I give credit to 5A. They have tons of talent. But I give numbers to back my statements. I'll give you another number, 4. Thats the number of titles Lake Travis has won in a row. Don't face the same competition? Don't make me have to list the schedules cause I will. No disrespect to Carroll, but consecutive 4A titles is more impressive than 3 consecutive 5A titles. We aren't comparing 5A to 1A here.

rush4life
1/30/2011, 04:35 PM
Lol, yall right... I "played" HS football in Texas and played D1. I'm not just a spectator. I lived it! I know the type of talent 4A and 5A produces. Can yall say that??? I understand its about opinion but since yall are calling me out prove me wrong. Until you can give FACTS to back what yall are saying is true then it doesn't make sense speaking on it.

rush4life
1/30/2011, 05:09 PM
Allow me to go back to what the forum is about. Sterling Shepard... He's a stud! His dad was a good player and was a wonderful human being and Sterling reminds me alot of him. He will more than likely lead his team to another state title. Then play D1 and be successful. Hopefully its OU but not there he will be exceptional somewhere!

texaspokieokie
1/31/2011, 09:23 AM
if 4a is best, you're the only one in tx that's noticed. ever see anything in the media about how much better is 4a football.

you should write letters to all sports editors around the state & enlighten them.

logic says that the best talent can come from any level, but that doesn't necessarily translate into TEAMS from smaller schools being better than
teams from larger schools.

i've been here 40 yrs & haven't seen even a single mention of this.
i read the sports page every day.

if 4a is better than 5a; doesn't it logically follow that 3a is better than 4a ??

i know there is a very small chance that anything that seems logical to me will seem the same to you. after all, you've played 4a & d1.

rush4life
1/31/2011, 10:00 AM
if 4a is best, you're the only one in tx that's noticed. ever see anything in the media about how much better is 4a football.

you should write letters to all sports editors around the state & enlighten them.

logic says that the best talent can come from any level, but that doesn't necessarily translate into TEAMS from smaller schools being better than
teams from larger schools.

i've been here 40 yrs & haven't seen even a single mention of this.
i read the sports page every day.

if 4a is better than 5a; doesn't it logically follow that 3a is better than 4a ??

i know there is a very small chance that anything that seems logical to me will seem the same to you. after all, you've played 4a & d1.

Refer back to post #96

htownsooner7
1/31/2011, 03:40 PM
Lol, yall right... I "played" HS football in Texas and played D1. I'm not just a spectator. I lived it! I know the type of talent 4A and 5A produces. Can yall say that??? I understand its about opinion but since yall are calling me out prove me wrong. Until you can give FACTS to back what yall are saying is true then it doesn't make sense speaking on it.

You played this card, now you'll have to back it up. Where did you play and when? Why don't we look it up and you can prove just awesome you are and why you know so much.

rush4life
1/31/2011, 06:29 PM
You played this card, now you'll have to back it up. Where did you play and when? Why don't we look it up and you can prove just awesome you are and why you know so much.

Oh its the idiotic man.... its idiotic to think I would give you my name on a public forum. Thats why we have avatars "htownsooner7". It wouldn't matter, I would say who I am and you would say I was full of crap. But its ok, I know and people who know me know who I am. no card to play htown. You believe what you wanna. But unless you have something to say about Sterling since this forum is about him, i'm gonna ask you to refer to post # 96

yankee
1/31/2011, 06:37 PM
Since rush4life is a stupid pr.ick and won't back up his argument with facts, because he knows he's wrong, I'll do the fact-providing for him.

Here is Dave Campbell's positional rankings for the state for the class of 2011. This is just the class of 2011, but I have a feeling the previous years followed a similar trend. Here's a linky in case rush4life accuses me of wrong-doing. I used Dave Campbell's because it clearly shows what classification each high school the recruit attends.

http://www.texasfootball.com/qbs-7/

Out of the Top 20 QB's...

5A- 13
4A- 4

Out of the Top 30 RB's...

5A-19
4A-6

Out of the Top 20 WR's...

5A-11
4A- 6

Out of the Top 5 TE's...
5A-3
4A-1

Out of the Top 25 OL...

5A-15
4A-6

Out of the Top 25 DL...

5A-18
4A-2

Out of the Top 20 LB...

5A-13
4A-3

Out of the Top 20 DB...

5A-17
4A-1

OK rush4life...your turn.

htownsooner7
1/31/2011, 06:56 PM
Since rush4life is a stupid pr.ick and won't back up his argument with facts, because he knows he's wrong, I'll do the fact-providing for him.

Here is Dave Campbell's positional rankings for the state for the class of 2011. This is just the class of 2011, but I have a feeling the previous years followed a similar trend. Here's a linky in case rush4life accuses me of wrong-doing. I used Dave Campbell's because it clearly shows what classification each high school the recruit attends.

5A- 13
4A- 4

5A-19
4A-6

5A-11
4A- 6

Out of the Top 5 TE's...
5A-3
4A-1

Out of the Top 25 OL...

5A-15
4A-6

Out of the Top 25 DL...

5A-18
4A-2

Out of the Top 20 LB...

5A-13
4A-3

Out of the Top 20 DB...

5A-17
4A-1

How embarassing for rush4life. Go ahead man, now tell us how you once scored a real life touchdown in a high school game once and how you may or may not have been on D1 roster. Do this in spite of the fact, that even if you did play d1 football, you are dead wrong on this issue.

rush4life
1/31/2011, 07:08 PM

5A- 13
4A- 4

5A-19
4A-6

5A-11
4A- 6

Out of the Top 5 TE's...
5A-3
4A-1

Out of the Top 25 OL...

5A-15
4A-6

Out of the Top 25 DL...

5A-18
4A-2

Out of the Top 20 LB...

5A-13
4A-3

Out of the Top 20 DB...

5A-17
4A-1

You're not that smart bro.... But since you wanna act all hard behind the keyboard please allow me hush your punk *** up. I said from the beginning 4A produced D1 talent. Guys who signed and are playing or signed to play D1 football. Your stats don't mention anything about where these players are going to play. But allow me. Go to Rivals.com and look at the top 100-250 players. The top 100 which are Texas players who will "sign" to play D1 are as follows. 14 from the state, 7 from 4a, 3 from 5a, 3from 3a, and 1 from 2a.

If you don't believe this or think I am lying go to to rivals.com and check it out. i looked at your link. Says nothing about D1.

Now what hoe?

rush4life
1/31/2011, 07:12 PM
How embarassing for rush4life. Go ahead man, now tell us how you once scored a real life touchdown in a high school game once and how you may or may not have been on D1 roster. Do this in spite of the fact, that even if you did play d1 football, you are dead wrong on this issue.

naw playboy, whats embarrassing is how you're huggin yankee's nuts. You just keep acting hard behind a keyboard while drooling over your Sam Bradford fathead. Where did you even come from??

yankee
1/31/2011, 08:22 PM

still waiting on those facts of yours...I could do more research to make you look even stupider than you appear, but I'll hold off for now.

rush4life
1/31/2011, 09:11 PM
still waiting on those facts of yours...I could do more research to make you look even stupider than you appear, but I'll hold off for now.

Post # 104... Unless you're trying to ignore it. Please believe you're only making yourself look stupid. I gave facts at the beginning of the post. you just failed to read them.

rush4life
1/31/2011, 09:59 PM

At Rivals.com the following FACTS are listed

2011 top 100-
5a-4
4a-7

2010 top 100
5a-7
4a-4

2009 top 100
5a-5
4a-6

Now I can all the way to 2002 if you wanna debate this. Or we can just agree to disagree. Otherwise, keep bringing it if you want to.

yankee
2/1/2011, 12:36 AM
At Rivals.com the following FACTS are listed

2011 top 100-
5a-4
4a-7

2010 top 100
5a-7
4a-4

2009 top 100
5a-5
4a-6

Now I can all the way to 2002 if you wanna debate this. Or we can just agree to disagree. Otherwise, keep bringing it if you want to.

Once again, I'm going to quote you specifically:

You told everyone that 4A produces more D1 athletes than 5A does. I'm not sure how having more players in the Rivals 150 correlates to what you said, but you are making a good effort. But you're still failing. So once again...

I'll be waiting on those numbers of D1 athletes that 4A and 5A produces each year...So c'mon rush4life, get your act together.

yankee
2/1/2011, 12:45 AM
Just so everyone is clear...

I understand that lower levels of high school athletics can produce superior football players. There is no denying that. However my argument is that the larger classifications (See Texas 5A in this case) are much deeper and contain much more talent. Larger talent pools to choose from, better facilities, higher paid coaches, etc. It's really not that hard of a concept, to most people. The teams, from top to bottom, at least in Texas, are going to be superior at the higher classifications. But there are just a FEW teams from lower classifications that could compete on regular basis on the 5A level. Some can even win a State Championship (See: Cibolo Steele).

Carry on...

rush4life
2/1/2011, 02:00 AM
Once again, I'm going to quote you specifically:

You told everyone that 4A produces more D1 athletes than 5A does. I'm not sure how having more players in the Rivals 150 correlates to what you said, but you are making a good effort. But you're still failing. So once again...

I'll be waiting on those numbers of D1 athletes that 4A and 5A produces each year...So c'mon rush4life, get your act together.

Since you like to quote me It still baffles me how you still can't comprehend the FACTS. And once again.... You have yet to prove otherwise. You don't see how the rivals 150 correlates? Then what is the point of the rivals 100? It shows the "Top" talent in the nation which has to include Texas cause its a recruiting hot bed. That proves mypoint exactly. You quoted me so I shld't have to repeat it. The fact that you neglect the rivals top prospects is really quite silly and makes you look like your stretching to sound like you know what your talking about. Yeah you showed talent for the classifications. I'll give you that. Unlike you, i'll give the "prick" props. But you have yet to shown this talent translate to D1 you. I on the other hand have given you a taste of what I mean. If anything i'm not the one failing. I have backed my words. You have talked alot and just given a list of good players who some may possibly play D1 and some my not. Get your act together son.

yankee
2/1/2011, 02:11 AM
And once again.... You have yet to prove otherwise. Yeah you showed talent for the classifications. But have yet to shown this talent translate to D1. I on the other hand have given you a taste of whats to come. If anything i'm not the one failing. I have backed my words. You have just given a ;ist of good players who some may possibly play D1 and some my not. Get your act together son.

I guess they didn't teach you any grammar in that 4A school of yours, did they? Well, I guess my 5A school has yours beat in that category...So I can claim victory in something tonight. :P

Anyway, I've asked you more than once to back up your foolish claim. I guess you've realized that you've dug yourself a hole in which you cannot climb out of, so you'll just finger point and ask me to prove your point for you. I'd rather not, since I didn't make any grandiose claims. But I may have to since you are totally inept. So once again, I'm asking you to show me the facts that prove that 4A produces more Division 1 football players than 5A. Don't give me a taste of what's to come. That's just lazy. I don't mind if it takes you a day or two to come up with the facts. Just prove your point instead of dodging my question. It's that simple.

Collier11
2/1/2011, 02:23 AM
naw playboy, whats embarrassing is how you're huggin yankee's nuts. You just keep acting hard behind a keyboard while drooling over your Sam Bradford fathead. Where did you even come from??

why do you keep pulling the "how hard you are" and "I played ball" and "hide behind your keyboard" BS...Seriously man, STFU!! Maybe you played HS football, maybe you played D1 football, no one gives a **** though. Just drop it. Yankee is a good poster here and it is quite obvious he is owning the convo, just enjoy yourself and have a good time, seriously, does it really matter anyway?

THE-JROD
2/1/2011, 02:30 AM
Since you like to quote me It still baffles me how you still can't comprehend the FACTS. And once again.... You have yet to prove otherwise. You don't see how the rivals 150 correlates? Then what is the point of the rivals 100? It shows the "Top" talent in the nation which has to include Texas cause its a recruiting hot bed. That proves mypoint exactly. You quoted me so I shld't have to repeat it. The fact that you neglect the rivals top prospects is really quite silly and makes you look like your stretching to sound like you know what your talking about. Yeah you showed talent for the classifications. I'll give you that. Unlike you, i'll give the "prick" props. But you have yet to shown this talent translate to D1 you. I on the other hand have given you a taste of what I mean. If anything i'm not the one failing. I have backed my words. You have talked alot and just given a list of good players who some may possibly play D1 and some my not. Get your act together son.

And it baffles me how much of a toolbag you are!! The Rivals 150 does not show the "Top" talent in the nation....it shows what a bunch of guys that sit around and decide what THEY think is the top talent by throwin a bunch of numbers and opinions together!!

Collier11
2/1/2011, 02:31 AM
But, But, the recruiting rankings are fool proof

THE-JROD
2/1/2011, 02:34 AM
:gary:

rush4life
2/1/2011, 02:34 AM
I guess they didn't teach you any grammar in that 4A school of yours, did they? Well, I guess my 5A school has yours beat in that category...So I can claim victory in something tonight. :P

Anyway, I've asked you more than once to back up your foolish claim. I guess you've realized that you've dug yourself a hole in which you cannot climb out of, so you'll just finger point and ask me to prove your point for you. I'd rather not, since I didn't make any grandiose claims. But I may have to since you are totally inept. So once again, I'm asking you to show me the facts that prove that 4A produces more Division 1 football players than 5A. Don't give me a taste of what's to come. That's just lazy. I don't mind if it takes you a day or two to come up with the facts. Just prove your point instead of dodging my question. It's that simple.

You wanna through stats fine. But you wanna try to insult people behind a keyboard knowing damn well you wouldn't say any of this to someone's face. So now you want to insult my intelligence you inbred. Thats cool for someone who probably got his GED and is his highest level of education. Since when does copying and pasting stats make you a hard worker? Lol you're funny. I'm sure your 5A school taught reading skills and mathematics. So use your GED retard and "read" the numbers and "calculate" them and if you still can't figure it out then I can't help you! Go back to that 5A school and get your mom's money back. I don't know how to make it any clearer for you. I'm done wasting my time with such trash. You're a lost cause playboy. Kinda feel sorry for you. SMH....Oh and please believe I wouldn't ask a remedial person like yourself to prove anything for me due to the fact you would make me look like just as big of an *** that you have made yourself out to be.

rush4life
2/1/2011, 02:37 AM
why do you keep pulling the "how hard you are" and "I played ball" and "hide behind your keyboard" BS...Seriously man, STFU!! Maybe you played HS football, maybe you played D1 football, no one gives a **** though. Just drop it. Yankee is a good poster here and it is quite obvious he is owning the convo, just enjoy yourself and have a good time, seriously, does it really matter anyway?

Let me guess... you're a yankee nut-hugger too right??? This is quite obvious. You STFU!!

rush4life
2/1/2011, 02:39 AM
And it baffles me how much of a toolbag you are!! The Rivals 150 does not show the "Top" talent in the nation....it shows what a bunch of guys that sit around and decide what THEY think is the top talent by throwin a bunch of numbers and opinions together!!

Toolbag?? LMAO.... you come up with that all your own little man? For you to say the Rivals 150 shows how big of a "toolbag" you are. Lol

Collier11
2/1/2011, 02:44 AM
Let me guess... you're a yankee nut-hugger too right??? This is quite obvious. You STFU!!

Not really, I just recognize solid posting compared to BS! I bet someone on the osu board would love for you to "prove your credibility" to them, they love that stuff

THE-JROD
2/1/2011, 02:50 AM
Toolbag?? LMAO.... you come up with that all your own little man? For you to say the Rivals 150 shows how big of a "toolbag" you are. Lol

Little man? Ha! You have no idea man. And why dont you read over what you just said to me one more time and let me know how that makes sense at all!!! "For you to say the Rivals 150 shows how big of a "toolbag" you are." Something wrong with that sentence fragment??? Oh yea, thats right, its a sentence fragment!! Which means it doesn't make sense!! Like C11 said, you would fit it tremendously over on the osu board!! Poor grammar and poor views!!!

Collier11
2/1/2011, 02:55 AM
Its freakin HS kids they are arguin about anyway, HS kids...a shot in the dark on each one, you never know

rush4life
2/1/2011, 03:00 AM
Not really, I just recognize solid posting compared to BS! I bet someone on the osu board would love for you to "prove your credibility" to them, they love that stuff

Bs??? Do explain...

Collier11
2/1/2011, 03:01 AM
Its a dumb argument and you are not even accurate on a dumb argument. That makes your argument BS

rush4life
2/1/2011, 03:03 AM
Little man? Ha! You have no idea man. And why dont you read over what you just said to me one more time and let me know how that makes sense at all!!! "For you to say the Rivals 150 shows how big of a "toolbag" you are." Something wrong with that sentence fragment??? Oh yea, thats right, its a sentence fragment!! Which means it doesn't make sense!! Like C11 said, you would fit it tremendously over on the osu board!! Poor grammar and poor views!!!

Yeah I said little man.. You talk a mean game behind a keyboard.

rush4life
2/1/2011, 03:07 AM
Its a dumb argument and you are not even accurate on a dumb argument. That makes your argument BS

If giving legit numbers is bs where you come from then i guess you're right.

Collier11
2/1/2011, 03:12 AM

Seriously, give up the "behind a keyboard" talk, youre behind a keyboard idjit! All of us are...dont be so dense

If giving legit numbers is bs where you come from then i guess you're right.

And your numbers didnt even support your initial statement

THE-JROD
2/1/2011, 03:20 AM

:D You make it sound like I am trying to pick a fight behind a keyboard!! When in all reality, it is you that is trying to talk a mean game! You just cannot back up anything you say!! All you want to do is come back with "You talk a mean game behind a keyboard." Either get your facts straight, or move on! Your choice!

rush4life
2/1/2011, 03:23 AM
Seriously, give up the "behind a keyboard" talk, youre behind a keyboard idjit! All of us are...dont be so dense

And your numbers didnt even support your initial statement

I didn't call anyone out and insult them until they did it to me so that's why I keep bringing up the keyboard. This whole debate was based of an opinion and you, Yankee, and littleman jrod wanted to talk S**t instead if just giving your opinion about the debate. When you look at post I respectfully disagreed and gave my opinion. I never initiated any trash
talk. At least texasokie was man enough
to admit he was wrong and we would
agree to disagree. So it his what it

is. Don't start talking s**t and not expect it back.

rush4life
2/1/2011, 03:27 AM
:D You make it sound like I am trying to pick a fight behind a keyboard!! When in all reality, it is you that is trying to talk a mean game! You just cannot back up anything you say!! All you want to do is come back with "You talk a mean game behind a keyboard." Either get your facts straight, or move on! Your choice!

Facts were made... If you don't like them say you disagree and go the next forum.

Collier11
2/1/2011, 03:27 AM
dont be a jackhole and not expect to be dogged out. Im not talking ****, im just telling you to drop it, it doesnt really matter anyway

THE-JROD
2/1/2011, 03:32 AM
Facts were made... If you don't like them say you disagree and go the next forum.

No, im not gonna move on...You said that because the Rivals 150 is there...that they are the "Top" talent...when that is not correct!!! Its all based on numbers and opinions!!! Whenever you understand and realize that, then you will be good in my book! Because that is where I have a problem with you. That and you keep sayin "behind your keyboard" lol. But seriously, once you realize that any polls over future college athletes is simply based on numbers and opinions. There are sleepers that are better than some of those guys!!

rush4life
2/1/2011, 03:34 AM
dont be a jackhole and not expect to be dogged out. Im not talking ****, im just telling you to drop it, it doesnt really matter anyway

The moment I became a "jackhole" was when Yankee started talking noise. And you are talking s**t. You came at me wrong from the start. Just like jrod. So who is the real jackhole?

rush4life
2/1/2011, 03:37 AM
No, im not gonna move on...You said that because the Rivals 150 is there...that they are the "Top" talent...when that is not correct!!! Its all based on numbers and opinions!!! Whenever you understand and realize that, then you will be good in my book! Because that is where I have a problem with you. That and you keep sayin "behind your keyboard" lol. But seriously, once you realize that any polls over future college athletes is simply based on numbers and opinions. There are sleepers that are better than some of those guys!!

So if you think rivals is opinionated, how do you not feel the about Yankees Dave Campbell link? Is that not opinion?

Collier11
2/1/2011, 03:41 AM
The moment I became a "jackhole" was when Yankee started talking noise. And you are talking s**t. You came at me wrong from the start. Just like jrod. So who is the real jackhole?

I only came at you in response to you acting a fool...disagreeing is ok, talking sh*t is "hiding behind your keyboard", lol

THE-JROD
2/1/2011, 03:46 AM
So if you think rivals is opinionated, how do you not feel the about Yankees Dave Campbell link? Is that not opinion?

Thats what im trying to say!! Is everything is opinionated!! Opinions are ok!! When you try to pick fights about opinions or back up your opinions with negative facts, that is when you will get dogged!! Keep giving opinions, just dont back them up with negative facts!!

rush4life
2/1/2011, 03:46 AM

My problem with you, other than using the term toolbag, is that you can't realize that numbers and opinion play a huge part in the debate. Without that Yankee wouldnt feel the way he does and vice versa. Without that there is no ranking of recruiting classes, no 5 star recruits ect. Sure there is dark horses but you make it seem as if rivals is off with thier ranking. That's not the case. Once you realize that then you'll be good in my book. Otherwise we will just have to disagree.

Collier11
2/1/2011, 03:50 AM
I think the overriding point is that, any argument you base on Rivals or Scout or whoevers rankings is gonna be weak, BUT, based on the two sets of numbers that you and Yankee posted, both supported him...therefore, you were pissing in the wind

rush4life
2/1/2011, 03:51 AM
Thats what im trying to say!! Is everything is opinionated!! Opinions are ok!! When you try to pick fights about opinions or back up your opinions with negative facts, that is when you will get dogged!! Keep giving opinions, just dont back them up with negative facts!!

Oh so you just wanted to mess with me probably cuz you agree with Yankee. You didn't rip him and did the something I did. From what you say we both are making opinions and trying to make facts about it. So what sense does it make to rip one and not the other?? Only reason it went where it did due to yanks trash talking.

rush4life
2/1/2011, 03:54 AM
I think the overriding point is that, any argument you base on Rivals or Scout or whoevers rankings is gonna be weak, BUT, based on the two sets of numbers that you and Yankee posted, both supported him...therefore, you were pissing in the wind

You right bro... Lol... Y'all are a trip. Just say you agree with Yankee and go to bed.

Collier11
2/1/2011, 03:54 AM
I do agree with Yankee, and based on the numbers that you posted, so do YOU...Goodnight

THE-JROD
2/1/2011, 04:01 AM
My problem with you, other than using the term toolbag, is that you can't realize that numbers and opinion play a huge part in the debate. Without that Yankee wouldnt feel the way he does and vice versa. Without that there is no ranking of recruiting classes, no 5 star recruits ect. Sure there is dark horses but you make it seem as if rivals is off with thier ranking. That's not the case. Once you realize that then you'll be good in my book. Otherwise we will just have to disagree.

Alright, ill appologize for callin you a toolbag, out of line! But I will stick behind my point of view on Rivals 150! I Never said that rivals is off with their ranking, im just simply sayin that they arent accurate with their ranking! None of the polls are!! There are always gonna be dark horses. That is my main arguement! That yes, the Rivals 150 main have some correct, but are gonna have more incorrect positions!!

rush4life
2/1/2011, 07:19 AM
I do agree with Yankee, and based on the numbers that you posted, so do YOU...Goodnight

After all this if you still think that then it's a lost cause

texaspokieokie
2/1/2011, 09:49 AM
Rush boy, looks like nobody agrees with you. Bigtime1 agrees a little; but he uses some logic in his posts, as opposed to you, who really doesn't really seem to understand that word.

basing nearly all of your argument on 14 players from tx doesn't carry much weight. must be 1000s of kids who play football in tx, every year.

just because you (supposedly) played 4a ball, doesn't make you the ultimate
tx football expert. it might even give you some bias towards 4a. who knows??

if i remember the number correctly, post #110 gives the most logical reasons.
woops, there's that word again !!!!

rush4life
2/1/2011, 11:22 AM
Rush boy, looks like nobody agrees with you. Bigtime1 agrees a little; but he uses some logic in his posts, as opposed to you, who really doesn't really seem to understand that word.

basing nearly all of your argument on 14 players from tx doesn't carry much weight. must be 1000s of kids who play football in tx, every year.

just because you (supposedly) played 4a ball, doesn't make you the ultimate
tx football expert. it might even give you some bias towards 4a. who knows??

if i remember the number correctly, post #110 gives the most logical reasons.
woops, there's that word again !!!!

It's you again huh...you act as if no one agreeing with me hurts my feelings. I have my opinion and a stated it. As far has the rivals website it does show the top talent who will play d1. Which is my arguement. How many of those thousands you were talking are gonna play
d1? Maybe there is a site out there somewhere. You wanna find it go ahead. You don't agree okie boy. I'm not gonna change my mind so move on.

texaspokieokie
2/1/2011, 11:26 AM
i know you (with head of granite) ain't gonna budge, but i'm prolly not gonna "move on".

oh, prolly more than 14 gonna play d1.

texaspokieokie
2/1/2011, 11:29 AM
Just so everyone is clear...

I understand that lower levels of high school athletics can produce superior football players. There is no denying that. However my argument is that the larger classifications (See Texas 5A in this case) are much deeper and contain much more talent. Larger talent pools to choose from, better facilities, higher paid coaches, etc. It's really not that hard of a concept, to most people. The teams, from top to bottom, at least in Texas, are going to be superior at the higher classifications. But there are just a FEW teams from lower classifications that could compete on regular basis on the 5A level. Some can even win a State Championship (See: Cibolo Steele).

Carry on...

Rush boy, you need to read this post very carefully. maybe several times.

it will explain the error of your ways, VERY clearly !!!

rush4life
2/1/2011, 11:31 AM
i know you (with head of granite) ain't gonna budge, but i'm prolly not gonna "move on".

oh, prolly more than 14 gonna play d1.

Then don't move on. Keeping talking noise if you want if it makes you feel good. Don't isn't gonna change my mind. Of course more than 14 will play genius, that was just an example. But you believe what you want (head of granite). I can go all day.

rush4life
2/1/2011, 11:34 AM
Rush boy, you need to read this post very carefully. maybe several times.

it will explain the error of your ways, VERY clearly !!!

Hey old man... don't you have anything better to do? What point is me reading that gonna do? Read this very clearly... I'M NOT GONNA CHANGE MY OPINION!! So keep wasting your time. Clearly you have nothing better to do.

texaspokieokie
2/1/2011, 11:43 AM
you have more posts on this thread than i do.

Collier11
2/1/2011, 12:18 PM
Its me again Margaret...he he he he

THE-JROD
2/1/2011, 12:22 PM
Where's my horse???

yankee
2/1/2011, 04:40 PM
You wanna through stats fine. But you wanna try to insult people behind a keyboard knowing damn well you wouldn't say any of this to someone's face. So now you want to insult my intelligence you inbred. Thats cool for someone who probably got his GED and is his highest level of education. Since when does copying and pasting stats make you a hard worker? Lol you're funny. I'm sure your 5A school taught reading skills and mathematics. So use your GED retard and "read" the numbers and "calculate" them and if you still can't figure it out then I can't help you! Go back to that 5A school and get your mom's money back. I don't know how to make it any clearer for you. I'm done wasting my time with such trash. You're a lost cause playboy. Kinda feel sorry for you. SMH....Oh and please believe I wouldn't ask a remedial person like yourself to prove anything for me due to the fact you would make me look like just as big of an *** that you have made yourself out to be.

If I only had a GED, I'd probably be posting links to Rivals150 as the basis of my argument...

Collier11
2/1/2011, 06:30 PM
rush4life, youd be much more fun if you would drink with us tonight...Challenge extended!

rush4life
2/1/2011, 07:32 PM
rush4life, youd be much more fun if you would drink with us tonight...Challenge extended!

Naw thats ok..... I don't drink.

rush4life
2/1/2011, 07:34 PM
If I only had a GED, I'd probably be posting links to Rivals150 as the basis of my argument...

Yet you post a Dave Campbell link as the basis of yours.... Not a difference genius.

Eielson
2/1/2011, 08:31 PM
Is there anything in this thread worth reading/knowing?

Collier11
2/1/2011, 08:43 PM
Not after about page 2

Tin Cup
2/2/2011, 07:59 PM
Has been offered from Osucks, Missouri, Kansas State, Clemson, Notre Dame to date.

rush4life
2/2/2011, 10:39 PM
Has been offered from Osucks, Missouri, Kansas State, Clemson, Notre Dame to date.

I saw that too. Kid is a great player. OU is crazy not to offer.

rush4life
2/3/2011, 12:14 AM
Here is the link of Sterling's Highlights of all the games except the state championship game which he had 194 yds rushing and 4 tds.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/146887/sterling-shepard

Tin Cup
2/10/2011, 03:02 PM
OU offerd him today.

SoonerDan74012
2/10/2011, 08:56 PM
Too bad his dad is not around to witness it. He would be really, really, proud of his son that's for sure.

djshepard8
2/10/2011, 10:35 PM
Too bad his dad is not around to witness it. He would be really, really, proud of his son that's for sure.

Yes sir he would

Tin Cup
2/13/2011, 06:07 PM
Bob wants him to play DB. Gundy called him friday and told him he would play SLOT, and get game time as a freshman. NO WORRIES FOLKS, he not going near Stillwater.

Collier11
2/13/2011, 11:16 PM
I really hope we get this guy, love the way he plays

rush4life
2/14/2011, 06:49 PM
Would be shocked if he isn't a sooner. I know the Shepards'.... They are sooner born sooner bread to the core. With the legacy the family has, the only way he wouldn't be a sooner is if he left the State.

rush4life
2/14/2011, 06:59 PM
Bob wants him to play DB. Gundy called him friday and told him he would play SLOT, and get game time as a freshman. NO WORRIES FOLKS, he not going near Stillwater.

Thats what makes this kid so good. He can play slot or be a ball hawking safety! If it was me, he would be slot all the way. Catches everything that touches his hands, Will not get caught from behind, runs good routes, and is very elusive in the open field. Broyles 2.0! Just don't expect him to commit early. He wants to take the trips.

Tin Cup
2/15/2011, 11:42 AM
Thats what makes this kid so good. He can play slot or be a ball hawking safety! If it was me, he would be slot all the way. Catches everything that touches his hands, Will not get caught from behind, runs good routes, and is very elusive in the open field. Broyles 2.0! Just don't expect him to commit early. He wants to take the trips.

We must know the same source. hahahaha

Mad Dog Madsen
2/15/2011, 12:03 PM
Here is the link of Sterling's Highlights of all the games except the state championship game which he had 194 yds rushing and 4 tds.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/146887/sterling-shepard

Didn't see Barry Sanders at all in any of the clips. Are they not on the field at the same time for some reason? Just curious... :confused:

rush4life
2/15/2011, 02:30 PM
Didn't see Barry Sanders at all in any of the clips. Are they not on the field at the same time for some reason? Just curious... :confused:

Barry only played 6 games cause he fractured his liz frank in his foot. Sterling carried that team the rest of the way to a state title. Everyone knew who to stop and still couldn't do it.

rush4life
2/15/2011, 02:31 PM
We must know the same source. hahahaha

lol... possibly

Big D Sooner
2/17/2011, 07:12 PM
A lisfranc fracture is a fracture/ dislocation of the proximal head of the 2nd metatarsal. You don't have a bone called a Liz frank.

rush4life
2/17/2011, 08:52 PM
A lisfranc fracture is a fracture/ dislocation of the proximal head of the 2nd metatarsal. You don't have a bone called a Liz frank.

It is a term used in sports. Its like saying you separated your shoulder. Easier to say that than to say he separated his acromioclavicular joint. Appreciate the medical terminology though.

northspeter
2/17/2011, 09:35 PM
It is a term used in sports. Its like saying you separated your shoulder. Easier to say that than to say he separated his acromioclavicular joint. Appreciate the medical terminology though.

that's why they say... he separated his AC joint...

Big D Sooner
2/17/2011, 09:58 PM
No ****! You can't say "I broke my Lisfranc" because there is not a lisfranc to break. You can say "I have a Lisfranc fracture" and that is acceptable. You can say "I separated my ac joint" because it is a structure. I dare you to try to separate your Lisfranc.

rush4life
2/18/2011, 03:47 PM
No ****! You can't say "I broke my Lisfranc" because there is not a lisfranc to break. You can say "I have a Lisfranc fracture" and that is acceptable. You can say "I separated my ac joint" because it is a structure. I dare you to try to separate your Lisfranc.

Bro you have way too much time on your hands MD.... It is not that serious. You're right but if you wanna go through medical terminology start up a new thread! My fellow poster asked a question. Sanders hurt his "foot", Shepard showed out, case closed! I dare you to stop being a jackhole.

rush4life
2/18/2011, 04:00 PM
that's why they say... he separated his AC joint...

Right but they typically call it a separated shoulder for the most part.

Big D Sooner
2/19/2011, 02:38 PM
Bro you have way too much time on your hands MD.... It is not that serious. You're right but if you wanna go through medical terminology start up a new thread! My fellow poster asked a question. Sanders hurt his "foot", Shepard showed out, case closed! I dare you to stop being a jackhole.

Just trying to keep you from sounding ignorant. Obviously, that's tougher than I thought.

rush4life
2/19/2011, 03:37 PM
Just trying to keep you from sounding ignorant. Obviously, that's tougher than I thought.

Just because you went to wikipedia and googled what a liz franc fracture is doesn't make you intelligent my friend. Just trying to help you not sound like a dick. Obviously, THAT is tougher than I thought. Either talk about the subject at hand or grace some other thread with your dickheadness.

Widescreen
2/19/2011, 05:56 PM

I'm guessing you're the only one who thought he sounded ignorant. You sound like an ***, though if that helps clarify.

rush4life
2/19/2011, 07:19 PM
Another nice HL reel I found on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UUQ8wbciO8&feature=related

Big D Sooner
2/20/2011, 11:55 AM
Just because you went to wikipedia and googled what a liz franc fracture is doesn't make you intelligent my friend. Just trying to help you not sound like a dick. Obviously, THAT is tougher than I thought. Either talk about the subject at hand or grace some other thread with your dickheadness.

Yeah, you're right. Because there is no way I could be, let's say, a radiologist and actually know what this is and see it now and then. Guess you know me better than I do.

rush4life
2/20/2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah, you're right. Because there is no way I could be, let's say, a radiologist and actually know what this is and see it now and then. Guess you know me better than I do.

The point is no one cares ***hole! This isn't a medical forum... Go look at some x-rays rather than post in a sports forum if thats all you want to talk about.

yankee
2/20/2011, 05:27 PM
Is Liz Frank the Jewish girl who had a book written about her?

rush4life
2/20/2011, 06:13 PM

That was Anne Frank.... LMAO

Widescreen
2/20/2011, 07:08 PM

It was Anne Frank, not Liz Frank. And the book wasn't written about her. It was her diary that she wrote. Just trying to keep you from sounding ignorant. Obviously, that's tougher than I thought.

;)

Big D Sooner
2/20/2011, 08:46 PM
It was Anne Frank, not Liz Frank. And the book wasn't written about her. It was her diary that she wrote. Just trying to keep you from sounding ignorant. Obviously, that's tougher than I thought.

;)

Zing! Wow, you got me. I only hope than I can go on living...

Nice job staying on topic by the way.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/21/2011, 01:16 AM
That was Anne Frank.... LMAOSo, Sterling Shepard's fave book is the Diary of Ann Frank? Doesn't Barney Frank fit into this somewhere?

northspeter
2/21/2011, 12:26 PM
sterling shepard is a great athlete and all, but i really don't see why Frank Martin would be recruiting him... he's too small for big12 hoops....

rush4life
2/21/2011, 03:09 PM
LMAO.... Limbaugh and North... yall made me laugh out loud for real! I tried telling that guy to talk about the subject at hand but he just had to continue to play doctor...SMH

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/28/2011, 04:39 PM
:cool: :D

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/28/2011, 05:37 PM
Good news coming

HBick
2/28/2011, 07:35 PM
Yup, just now officially verbaled

djshepard8
2/28/2011, 07:56 PM
congrats Cuz.... You deserve it! Your dad would be proud!

2/28/2011, 09:24 PM
Yup, just now officially verbaledLet's see, 3 more quality guys per month, heck we'll have 36 in the next signing class.

Collier11
2/28/2011, 09:50 PM
Good for him, I hope he turns into a good one. He is fun to watch and he is a legacy

yankee
2/28/2011, 11:26 PM
Anne Frank and Liz Frank were/are hawt. :hot: :pop:

Tin Cup
3/1/2011, 12:49 AM
tried to tell ya.

sooner94
3/15/2011, 11:45 PM
Let's see, 3 more quality guys per month, heck we'll have 36 in the next signing class.

That's what the SEC does every year.

3/15/2011, 11:48 PM
That's what the SEC does every year.They are the exemption league.

cccasooner2
3/19/2011, 05:09 PM

Blame it on the last guy in the picture. :)

KNEE BRACE
3/19/2011, 07:34 PM
Is this sterling sharpe's kid