PDA

View Full Version : The Minnesota Vikings

Okla-homey
12/15/2010, 07:27 AM
All QB's on their roster are hurt. Their field is trashed.

Should Favre just pack it in and head home to Hattiesburg?

Should they simply forfeit the rest of the season and shoot for great draft picks?

I'll hang-up and listen.

tcrb
12/15/2010, 07:38 AM
Yes

and

Yes

swardboy
12/15/2010, 08:23 AM
I'll never understand the Chiller's love for Tavarius Jackson. That alone set the Vikings back by years. Webb is just another project. That plus the Josh Booty experience. Although staying with Booty for development might have made better sense.

All hail the Rams who have their franchise qb in place for the next 10 years.

5noubus
12/15/2010, 08:51 AM
Yes they can give up the rest of the year and send Peterson and loadholt to st Louis and then I'll only have 1 NFL game I have to watch!
(would that be awesome or what?)

madillsoonerfan5353
12/15/2010, 08:59 AM
Yes they can give up the rest of the year and send Peterson and loadholt to st Louis and then I'll only have 1 NFL game I have to watch!

As long as Loadholt stays on the right side, I wouldn't want him on Sam's blind side.

:gary:

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/15/2010, 08:59 AM
Time to move them to LA!

dwarthog
12/15/2010, 09:08 AM
No doubt the fans up there have packed it in for the year.

unbiasedtruth
12/15/2010, 09:28 AM
the vikings have serious problems, more than just their QB. I think Peterson is traded before the draft and the vikes keep toby as their every game back, using the trade to try to solve one or more of their problems either with other player(s) or in the draft....

texaspokieokie
12/15/2010, 09:57 AM
Time to move them to LA!

excellent idea !!!!!

ridiculous that one of the larger tv markets doesn't have a pro team.

sooneron
12/15/2010, 10:10 AM
I really don't see them trading their best selling jersey for the last 4 seasons. I think they're saving AD more since this season is now a lost cause(ie playing TG more). No need to lose him when they MAY need him in 2 years. If they trade him, I would be VERY surprised.
They NEED a QB and some major OL help. Trading away the guy that can keep the heat off a rookie qb would be counterproductive.

SoonerMom2
12/15/2010, 10:45 AM

That would be absolutely AWESOME! Rams all the way!

...sooner
12/15/2010, 10:51 AM

bring em to oklahoma lets make our own team! :)

badger
12/15/2010, 11:05 AM
Minnesota is going to lose the Vikings at this rate. This isn't the first time their stadium's crapped out on them and won't be the last. They are living rent-free at the current facility because Minnesota acknowledges how unprofitable it is... and old and undesireable it is.

It used to have three tenants and the Vikings are the only ones left because they were the only ones that couldn't get taxpayer financing, unlike previous residents the Twins and the bronze rodents, who both got brand new stadiums.

It really is time for them to leave Minnesota. If not this year, next year, when their Metrodome lease runs out. Say the economy's bad? Say the state can't afford to pay two-thirds of a new stadium? Fine, but you're not keeping the NFL in your state then.

texaspokieokie
12/15/2010, 11:07 AM
la would be great, no snow.

OUthunder
12/15/2010, 11:18 AM
Having lived in the Twin Cities I can honestly say that I was shocked that they approved the Twins and Gophers new stadiums. maybe not so much the Gophers but when the Twins were approved, I was shocked to say the least. I used to go see the Yanks and twins play every year when they came to town. I hated the Metrodome, but it was a good place to view a game. However, the facility itself was/is garbage.

The Twins won world championships and the Vikings never have, maybe that can explain the reason why tax payers approved Target Field. Or...maybe the fact that Pollen, threatened to move the twins elsewhere. This is what the Vikings brass will have to do IMHO, to get a stadium. It hasn't helped that they've never won a Superbowl. However, the Vikings do throw money at players and try to win, unlike the Twins, who simply promote and make great players within, then let them go. Joe Mauer being the lone exception recently.

Interestingly, I used to be a packers fan when I 1st moved to Minnesota. I slowly began to bleed purple, and after the way that Green Bay treated Favre at the end, I changed my colors to purple once and for all.

As a fan, I hope that they get a stadium built in the next five years. If not, someone else will eventually make them an offer that they can't refuse. sadly enough, there were some really nice, simple designs for an outdoor stadium. Also interestingly enough, the Vikings had there greatest success playing outdoors in the elements which used to be a tremendous advantage for them back in the day.

badger
12/15/2010, 11:25 AM
For Minnesota taxpayers, there might be one way to make everyone happy if this weekend's game goes well - simply expand the Gopher stadium to accommodate both the Vikings and Gophers.

Yes, it's outdoor and yes I know certain players (Read: Ex-Packer kicker Ryan Longwell) don't like playing outdoors, but it's football guys. Football highlights waaaaay cooler in the snow and cold when you can see the players' breath in the cold frosty air.

The Vikings proposed certain money toward a new home. Take that money, maybe take some taxpayer money and make the University of Minnesota facilities a pro and college stadium, voila, problem solved.

And then, torch the Metrodome.

OUthunder
12/15/2010, 11:28 AM
For Minnesota taxpayers, there might be one way to make everyone happy if this weekend's game goes well - simply expand the Gopher stadium to accommodate both the Vikings and Gophers.

Yes, it's outdoor and yes I know certain players (Read: Ex-Packer kicker Ryan Longwell) don't like playing outdoors, but it's football guys. Football highlights waaaaay cooler in the snow and cold when you can see the players' breath in the cold frosty air.

The Vikings proposed certain money toward a new home. Take that money, maybe take some taxpayer money and make the University of Minnesota facilities a pro and college stadium, voila, problem solved.

If memory serves me correctly, the Vikings were all for this but the University was dead set against sharing a stadium.

C&CDean
12/15/2010, 11:40 AM
Who cares? It's the ****ing viqueens. Eff em'. In the A.

badger
12/15/2010, 11:42 AM
If memory serves me correctly, the Vikings were all for this but the University was dead set against sharing a stadium.

You're probably right, but with a changing economy, perhaps they'd change their mind? Or perhaps, arrangements could be made so that there'd never be back-to-back home games for gophers and vikings, if that's their real concern?

Breadburner
12/15/2010, 11:49 AM
Ohhhhhh....Nevermind.....

sperry
12/15/2010, 12:15 PM
If a new stadium doesn't get approved soon, the Vikings are gone. L.A. needs a team, but honestly, the teams left 15 years ago because there wasn't a quality facility, and nothing has changed since then. California is such a disaster that I doubt they could get the funding for a new stadium.

It's hard to think of where else they'd move to. Pretty much every major metropolitan area has a team. Aside from L.A., the biggest one without a team is probably San Antonio, and I think they could probably support a team.

badger
12/15/2010, 12:31 PM
In case I haven't said it a billion times already, I am a girl and...

...oh wait, sorry, wrong token response. STARTING OVER...

In case I haven't said it a billion times already, I am a lifelong Packers fan and even though the threat of the Packers leaving Green Bay was between zero and nil, even we Wisconsin taxpayers voted to expand a stadium we likely never had the privilege of being season ticket holders for (waiting list for 30 years! booooo) because there's inherent value in having an NFL team in your state, even if there isn't always monetary value.

Besides, when Lambeau was renovated, tax increases were limited to sales taxes the county that the stadium was in (because they're the ones with all the businesses that profit a lot, after all) and most of the rest came from fees for being a season ticket holder. Minnesota needs to find a way to make this work. I'd rather have two rival teams than one... and Detroit is showing very little progress in that regard (with all due respect to their crappy 7-3 victory over us sans Aaron Rodgers)

arcman46
12/15/2010, 03:18 PM
Since I am a staunch Packers fan, I could care less what happens to the Vikings. Going to Cali would be a horrendous move, however.

soonerbub
12/15/2010, 03:26 PM
I expect #4 to be there in September he wants to go out a winner (but he won't)

badger
12/15/2010, 03:35 PM
Since I am a staunch Packers fan, I could care less what happens to the Vikings. Going to Cali would be a horrendous move, however.

True story: Kid trying to sound cool back in elementary school says this when we are discussing the upcoming Super Bowl:

"I think Brett Favre should throw a pass to Reggie White for a touchdown!"

He was chastised by everyone in the class... yes, even the girls.

StoopTroup
12/15/2010, 03:46 PM
The Viking should move to Tulsa and if the NFL won't allow it....they should move them to Green Bay. Those folks up there deserve a decent Football Team IMO. :D

C&CDean
12/15/2010, 03:53 PM
I'm searching for the neg button right this second...

StoopTroup
12/15/2010, 03:54 PM
:D

tommieharris91
12/15/2010, 03:56 PM
The Viking should move to Tulsa and if the NFL won't allow it....they should move them to Green Bay. Those folks up there deserve a decent Football Team IMO. :D

They have about as many healthy QBs as the Vikings.

JohnnyMack
12/15/2010, 04:03 PM
the vikings have serious problems, more than just their QB. I think Peterson is traded before the draft and the vikes keep toby as their every game back, using the trade to try to solve one or more of their problems either with other player(s) or in the draft....

They'd never do that.

Sincerely,

Herschel Walker

badger
12/15/2010, 04:04 PM
I'm searching for the neg button right this second...

It's OK dean. He obviously does not know good football at the pro level if he suggests that a team that has never won the Super Bowl would be good enough for Green Bay, which has "Titletown, USA" on its city seal.

StoopTroup
12/15/2010, 04:11 PM
I think you maybe missed the part where I said move them to Tulsa.

85sooners
12/15/2010, 04:16 PM
F childress

stoopified
12/15/2010, 05:47 PM
(would that be awesome or what?)While you are at it have them throw in Haevin.

bluedogok
12/15/2010, 09:59 PM

I think the Vikings lost the mystique when the left The Met for a generic dome. It's Minnesota, people there know it is dang cold and they still live there, their football team should play outside.

If the Vikings move to LA do they and the Rams swap divisions?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/15/2010, 10:04 PM
I think Peterson is traded before the draft.

Oh God, please trade AD to the Packers!!! Just not for a QB.

SoonerBread
12/16/2010, 12:39 AM

How much less could you care? ;)

Okla-homey
12/16/2010, 07:08 AM
I think the Vikings lost the mystique when the left The Met for a generic dome. It's Minnesota, people there know it is dang cold and they still live there, their football team should play outside.

I agree. In fact, part of the old Vike's mystique is that Coach Grant would not permit sideline heaters.

Jacie
12/16/2010, 07:41 AM
You're probably right, but with a changing economy, perhaps they'd change their mind? Or perhaps, arrangements could be made so that there'd never be back-to-back home games for gophers and vikings, if that's their real concern?

Today they are paying people $10/hour to shovel snow from the stands so the Vikings can play there this Sunday. If several hundred people turn out to do it, that alone should convince the GG's to embrace a dual-use stadium . . .

lasooner123
12/16/2010, 02:19 PM
BRAD CHILDRESS...is trashy coach

Breadburner
12/16/2010, 02:26 PM
I heard the were looking at Testaverde....

badger
12/16/2010, 02:52 PM
Today they are paying people $10/hour to shovel snow from the stands so the Vikings can play there this Sunday. If several hundred people turn out to do it, that alone should convince the GG's to embrace a dual-use stadium . . .

The Packers do this too - huge conveyor belts for the snow to roll down the bleacher aisles to waiting trucks below. Definitely is a benefit to having indoor stadiums up north, but like I said, football highlights look sooooo much awesomer with snow/mud/etc

kelloggOUballa
12/16/2010, 02:56 PM
Trade AD? Seriously?

badger
12/16/2010, 02:56 PM
Trade AD? Seriously?

It's not like they're using him to his full potential anyway :(

ashley
12/16/2010, 08:14 PM
excellent idea !!!!!

ridiculous that one of the larger tv markets doesn't have a pro team.

Have you ever hear a cry from LA for a team. No . They tried it and no one came.

prrriiide
12/16/2010, 10:15 PM

The problem might be as much the GGs and the ViQueens front office. If they share the stadium, they share the revenue, too. At least, they will if the GGs legal people have a brain cell in their collective heads.

royalfan5
12/16/2010, 11:52 PM
UM and the Vikings aren't going to share a stadium. The Gophers hated have to share the Metrodome and having gave up a great on-campus stadium to do so, finally got their own again. I doubt it would hurt the Gophers too much if the Vikes left, either.

tanjou
12/17/2010, 12:06 AM
Sign Jason White.

Breadburner
12/17/2010, 12:42 AM
Have you ever hear a cry from LA for a team. No . They tried it and no one came.

They have had a pro team for years.....USC....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/17/2010, 02:42 AM
excellent idea !!!!!

ridiculous that one of the larger tv markets doesn't have a pro team.Plus LA needs a pro team to dilute attendance at usuc and useela.

swardboy
12/17/2010, 07:44 AM
Sign Jason White.

Too young.

bluedogok
12/18/2010, 11:17 PM
UM and the Vikings aren't going to share a stadium. The Gophers hated have to share the Metrodome and having gave up a great on-campus stadium to do so, finally got their own again. I doubt it would hurt the Gophers too much if the Vikes left, either.
Plus no alcohol revenue at the on-campus stadium from what I have read. If they did play there it would be only a temporary situation much like what the Bears did in Champaign when Soldier Field was renovated.