PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning...Genocidal maniac condemned

Okla-homey
12/15/2010, 07:23 AM
Dec 15, 1961: Architect of the Holocaust sentenced to die

49 years ago today, in Tel Aviv, Israel, Adolf Eichmann, the Nazi SS officer who organized Adolf Hitler's "final solution of the Jewish question," is condemned to death by an Israeli war crimes tribunal.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/eich71529.jpg
Adolf Eichmann

Eichmann was born in Solingen, Germany, in 1906. In November 1932, he joined the Nazi's elite SS (Schutzstaffel) organization, whose members came to have broad responsibilities in Nazi Germany, including policing, intelligence, and the enforcement of Adolf Hitler's anti-Semitic policies.

Eichmann steadily rose in the SS hierarchy, and with the German annexation of Austria in 1938 he was sent to Vienna with the mission of ridding the city of Jews. He set up an efficient Jewish deportment center and in 1939 was sent to Prague on a similar mission. That year, Eichmann was appointed to the Jewish section of the SS central security office in Berlin.

In January 1942, Eichmann met with top Nazi officials at the Wannsee Conference near Berlin for the purpose of planning a "final solution of the Jewish question," as Nazi leader Hermann Goering put it. The Nazis decided to exterminate Europe's Jewish population. Eichmann was appointed to coordinate the identification, assembly, and transportation of millions of Jews from occupied Europe to the Nazi death camps, where Jews were gassed or worked to death.

He carried this duty out with horrifying efficiency, and between three to four million Jews perished in the extermination camps before the end of World War II. Close to two million were executed elsewhere.

Following the war, Eichmann was captured by U.S. troops, but he escaped a prison camp in 1946 before having to face the Nuremberg International War Crimes Tribunal. Eichmann traveled under an assumed identity between Europe and the Middle East, and in 1950 he arrived in Argentina, which maintained lax immigration policies and was a safe haven for many Nazi war criminals.

In 1957, a German prosecutor secretly informed Israel that Eichmann was living in Argentina. Agents from Israel's intelligence service, the Mossad, were deployed to Argentina, and in early 1960 they located Eichmann living in the San Fernando section of Buenos Aires under the name of Ricardo Klement.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/eich203b7cee-7b30-4959-978a-f7cee462209d.jpg
Reproduction released 29 May, 2007 in Buenos Aires of the forged passport used by Nazi official Adolf Eichmann to escape from Germany to Argentina, which he got through the delegation to the International Red Cross Committee in 1950. The passport was recently found in federal tribunals in Argentina by judge Maria Servini de Cubria and donated to the Holocaust Museum in Buenos Aires.

In May 1960, Argentina was celebrating the 150th anniversary of its revolution against Spain, and many tourists were traveling to Argentina from abroad to attend the festivities. The Mossad used the opportunity to smuggle more agents into the country. Israel, knowing that Argentina might never extradite Eichmann for trial, had decided to abduct him and take him to Israel illegally.

On May 11, Mossad operatives descended on Garibaldi Street in San Fernando and snatched Eichmann away as he was walking from the bus to his home. His family called local hospitals but not the police, and Argentina knew nothing of the operation. On May 20, a drugged Eichmann was flown out of Argentina disguised as an Israeli airline worker who had suffered head trauma in an accident. Three days later, Israeli Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion announced that Eichmann was in Israeli custody.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/eichadolf_eichmann.jpg

Argentina demanded Eichmann's return, but Israel argued that his status as an international war criminal gave them the right to proceed with a trial. On April 11, 1961, Eichmann's trial began in Jerusalem. It was the first televised trial in history.

Eichmann faced 15 charges, including crimes against humanity, crimes against the Jewish people, and war crimes. He claimed he was just following orders, but the judges disagreed, finding him guilty on all counts on December 15 and sentencing him to die.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/Eichmann.jpg

On May 31, 1962, he was hanged near Tel Aviv. His body was cremated and his ashes thrown into the sea.

TUSooner
12/15/2010, 09:11 AM
He got off easy.

olevetonahill
12/15/2010, 10:09 AM
He got off easy.

Yup, shoulda stripped him, knocked out his teeth, made him work as a slave in the sever cold , being fed very little then let take a nice "SHOWER" the bastage

AlboSooner
12/15/2010, 10:39 AM
He got off easy.
I don't think so.

olevetonahill
12/15/2010, 10:54 AM
I don't think so.

Why do you say this ?

The
12/15/2010, 10:55 AM
Kidnapping is a crime.

olevetonahill
12/15/2010, 10:56 AM
Kidnapping is a crime.

:rolleyes: :D

texaspokieokie
12/15/2010, 10:59 AM
Kidnapping is a crime.

How funny !!!!!!!

SouthCarolinaSooner
12/15/2010, 11:56 AM
Why do you say this ?
Because he's dead...

AlboSooner
12/15/2010, 12:00 PM
Because he's dead...

Because if there is God, and he is just, I don't think Eichman would be in the riches of God's glory.

Aldebaran
12/15/2010, 12:22 PM
I think it's "funny" that we condemn some genocidal maniacs while we celebrate others.

Spring
12/15/2010, 12:53 PM
I think it's "funny" that we condemn some genocidal maniacs while we celebrate others.

We have an Attila the Hun day? Or are you speaking about Columbus?

C&CDean
12/15/2010, 12:53 PM

Yeah? Which ones do we celebrate?

AlboSooner
12/15/2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah? Which ones do we celebrate?

Andrew Jackson is forever immortalized and celebrated with the $20 bill.

Aldebaran
12/15/2010, 01:09 PM
And, Spring guessed the other.

SoonerProphet
12/15/2010, 01:17 PM
i wonder what folks would have thought if the likes of shamir, rabin, or old ben-gurion himself were kidnapped and extradited to the uk and put on trial.

Aldebaran
12/15/2010, 01:41 PM
Kidnapping and trying terrorists is different than kidnapping and trying war criminals.

C&CDean
12/15/2010, 01:52 PM
Andrew Jackson is forever immortalized and celebrated with the $20 bill.

I guess I must have slept through that chapter in History. So fill me in, how many millions did he torture, maim, gas, poison, shoot, beat, **** to death?

C&CDean
12/15/2010, 01:53 PM
i wonder what folks would have thought if the likes of shamir, rabin, or old ben-gurion himself were kidnapped and extradited to the uk and put on trial.

I guess I'm missing something. Did the Jews go kill a few million Brits?

DIB
12/15/2010, 01:55 PM
Kidnapping and trying terrorists is different than kidnapping and trying war criminals.

What about kidnapping and not trying terrorists?

DIB
12/15/2010, 01:57 PM
Qalso, Oliver Cromwell should be vilified in the same way that Hitler is.

2121Sooner
12/15/2010, 01:58 PM
What about kidnapping and not trying terrorists?

Isnt that what they say about Gitmo?

soonerscuba
12/15/2010, 02:02 PM
i wonder what folks would have thought if the likes of shamir, rabin, or old ben-gurion himself were kidnapped and extradited to the uk and put on trial.Given the history of the Mossad, I would say putting him on trial was an act of restraint. Typically, I would whole-heartily agree with you, and he should have gone to the Hague, but I have little sympathy for the Nazis in S. America.

AlboSooner
12/15/2010, 02:04 PM
I guess I must have slept through that chapter in History. So fill me in, how many millions did he torture, maim, gas, poison, shoot, beat, **** to death?

I don't think we were trying to redefine the issue by comparing numbers of people killed. Aldebaran made the point that some murderers are celebrated. In that point alone he is right. I didn't sleep through that chapter and remember reading about Andrew Jackson killing thousands of original Americans, while he was a general, and passing many anti-native American laws to further impact those people for the worse.

He was a first generation European colonialist who massacred a group of people who had lived here for thousands of years.

Aldebaran
12/15/2010, 02:04 PM

By the numbers, Andrew Jackson was arguably little more than a Slobodan Milošević.

The
12/15/2010, 02:05 PM
Ronald Reagon created AIDS to kill all the homos.

AlboSooner
12/15/2010, 02:05 PM
By the numbers, Andrew Jackson was arguably little more than a Slobodan Milošević.

And Milosevic was a murderer who is burning in hell. The Butcher of the balkans.

C&CDean
12/15/2010, 03:01 PM
Well then I guess ol' Andy must be there with him cooking some wieners.

TUSooner
12/15/2010, 05:45 PM
What have we learned here? There have been and still are lots of bad and powerful people in the world? What matters most as to whether they get away with it is timing and who are the victims? Really, I think the most important thing DON'T READ HISTORY BACKWARDS if you want to understand it. If you do, youo become just a self-righteous second-guesser.

That said, Andy was wrong. Even Davy Crockett knew that at the time.

The
12/15/2010, 05:50 PM
I'm bad and powerful and I fully intend on getting away with it, too.

stoopified
12/15/2010, 05:55 PM
Yup, shoulda stripped him, knocked out his teeth, made him work as a slave in the sever cold , being fed very little then let take a nice "SHOWER" the bastage YUP

Okla-homey
12/15/2010, 06:16 PM

In the final analysis, history teaches that the genocidal maniacs that get condemned are the ones that lose.

TUSooner
12/15/2010, 06:26 PM
I'm bad and powerful and I fully intend on getting away with it, too.

Well, you're certainly bad and getting away with it, so far! :D