PDA

View Full Version : Would you pissed if Leach went to lil bro?

Tigeman
12/13/2010, 10:09 PM
So I've been laughing at some of the posts about stealing Skullet and bringing him here. I thought a little bit about how pissed they'd be.

But now w/ the talk today from the local media, about trying to get Leach to go up there the shoes on the other foot. Would you scorn Leach forever? Would you care, be mildly perturbed or what?

This has nothing to do w/ rather or not he would EVER consider it, but just rather or not you'd be pissed if he did?

I'd be curious to see what Bob thought, as I'm not sure Leach crosses Bob for just a Coordinator position. For a HC job, sure Bob could never be pissed at you, and he'd probably even promote you. But for an OC position at Stoolwater, I could understand Bob getting upset!

agoo758
12/13/2010, 10:11 PM
I am assuming this is toungue and cheek, in case it isn't I doubt that Bob is the type of guy who focuses on things like that, especially considering the circumtances as to why leach would be an OC and not a coach.

85sooners
12/13/2010, 10:12 PM
Leach is cool

stoopified
12/13/2010, 10:18 PM
Yes

thecynic
12/13/2010, 10:20 PM
no, he was only here a year. it's not like he's some sort of magician. He has to do what's best for him.

Tigeman
12/13/2010, 10:21 PM
It's simply for fun agoo

Keller Sooner
12/13/2010, 10:25 PM
No. Let him go there if he wants. Stoops defends the Leach spread better than anyone. Although, I don't think Leach will go back to an OC position.

usaosooner
12/13/2010, 10:28 PM
Nah...

mdklatt
12/13/2010, 10:30 PM
No. Let him go there if he wants. Stoops defends the Leach spread better than anyone. Although, I don't think Leach will go back to an OC position.

^^^^

sooner59
12/13/2010, 10:32 PM
Leach won't take a coordinating job.

In the last few years, there has been talk of Leach replacing Gundy, so no way does Gundy make that hire.

On the other hand, I bet Boone could build Leach a pretty nice shed.

rainiersooner
12/13/2010, 10:32 PM
I think having to be on little brother's staff would be all the punishment in the world - so I wouldn't pile on with my own scorn and/or vitriol

Tigeman
12/13/2010, 10:39 PM

IDK about that! His image is hurt. Him and Mangino both, will probably have to work their way back up through the ranks. Though it won't be a lengthy work up. They'll probably have to get back into the game for one year before being hired.

Flying Scotsman
12/13/2010, 10:49 PM
Who could get away with hiring Leach (the lawyer with 2 lawsuits in work)?

Leroy Lizard
12/13/2010, 10:57 PM

In the last few years, there has been talk of Leach replacing Gundy, so no way does Gundy make that hire.

This. With T Boone's money, every year the OSU boosters would be calling for your OC to replace you, and I'm not certain Leach would do much to dissuade that. You want to hire OCs that give you more job security, not less.

Tigeman
12/13/2010, 11:27 PM
Gosh Leroy.... you just made me realize how much I miss the pirate in college football :(

Sooner_Tuf
12/14/2010, 02:51 AM
I think Leach will hold out for a Head Coach position but for the right program and Coach I think OC is not out of the question. I do think OSU would be out of the question for him.

I think I have heard him say he would talk to Texas about being OC if they contacted him but they hadn't so far. I don't see Mack hiring him in any case though. Mack is going to look for a Charlie Weis kinda guy or I wouldn't be shocked if they work something out to bring Greg Davis back.

I will be somewhat surprised if Mack hired Applewhite to be OC.

Jacie
12/14/2010, 07:09 AM
No, only pissed when bladder full . . .

Soonermagik
12/14/2010, 08:10 AM
No way!! The guy has to have a job and do what's best for him. I think it would be a step backwards for him to go there. We owned him at Tech and we will own him at OSU if he goes that route. :)

texaspokieokie
12/14/2010, 09:19 AM
No way!! The guy has to have a job and do what's best for him. I think it would be a step backwards for him to go there. We owned him at Tech and we will own him at OSU if he goes that route. :)

owned him @ tech ?????

gaylordfan1
12/14/2010, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't be pissed, like others have said Leach has to do whats best for him and his family. And I seriously doubt Stoops could give two poops to where Leach ends up. I don't think he goes the OC route.... their might be a couple of schools that he might entertain the idea, but I think he wants to be the man in charge.

rekamrettuB
12/14/2010, 10:15 AM
Heck...seeing as how Leach's playbook is still in OU's offices, bring him on.

delhalew
12/14/2010, 10:37 AM
Leach can go where he wants. He has earned it.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/14/2010, 10:38 AM
leach isn't going to be a coordinator for anybody except himself

soonerchk
12/14/2010, 10:45 AM

On the other hand, I bet Boone could build Leach a pretty nice shed.

Does TBoone have a grandson Leach could put in there?

IDK about that! His image is hurt. Him and Mangino both, will probably have to work their way back up through the ranks. Though it won't be a lengthy work up. They'll probably have to get back into the game for one year before being hired.

You think? I think most people figure they both got screwed, especially considering the lack of success from both teams this year. At least no one got their feelers hurt.

leach isn't going to be a coordinator for anybody except himself

This. Sounds like he's gotta pretty cush lifestyle right now, so why would he want to change for a team that he knows is always going to be 2nd or 3rd in the conference at best?

OUmillenium
12/14/2010, 10:46 AM
I pist at bad Englich

stoops the eternal pimp
12/14/2010, 10:46 AM
leach and mangino both proved to be winners...no reason to work their way up

Outopia
12/14/2010, 10:53 AM
Leach is never going to work at OSU as the OC. Why would he? He could be sitting on the toilet, and still be a better Head Coach than Mike Gundy. He has self respect, and his own ego, that would never allow that. He doesn't have to stoop to taking that job. If his legal issues were already behind him, he would already have a Head Coaching gig. If he wanted to be an OC for a team, he could get a job with a much higher profile team than OSU. Those guys (OSU) struggle just to get their games on TV. Leach could go to a Florida, Texas, etc, etc, if he just wanted to be an OC again. He'll be back, but as a Head Coach somewhere. OSU? Phttt. :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: [hairGel] [hairGel]

SoonerNutt
12/14/2010, 12:39 PM
Pissed? No

Shocked? Yes

CobraKai
12/14/2010, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't be happy. As well as we defended Leach, no other conference team apart from Texas has given us so many fits on the road (even though they cheated on a few of them). I would not be content with trading home and homes with OSU, which is the rut we seem to have fallen in against Tech. Hopefully next year we crush them in Lubbock and return to normalcy.

boomermagic
12/14/2010, 03:23 PM
I have argued many times that if Leach was to get a head coaching job at a Florida or a USC or Bama some great program like OU he would be a force to deal with.. He would be a national champ contender often I MO..

badger
12/14/2010, 03:26 PM
If that's what Leach wants to do I'd support him (but NOT the team he coaches, hehe). I liked watching his Tech teams when he wasn't playing us (especially those Lubbock games. grrrr).

I don't see Leach going to Stilly. I see him getting a head coaching job. He doesn't deserve to work under Coach Porcupine. He's better than that

boomermagic
12/14/2010, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't be happy. As well as we defended Leach, no other conference team apart from Texas has given us so many fits on the road (even though they cheated on a few of them). I would not be content with trading home and homes with OSU, which is the rut we seem to have fallen in against Tech. Hopefully next year we crush them in Lubbock and return to normalcy.

Bob Stoops said the reason he hired Leach was his {Bob's} Florida defense had more trouble defending his offense than any other..

Breadburner
12/14/2010, 04:27 PM
I dont think Leach will do anything until his lawsuits are settled......

sendbaht
12/14/2010, 06:19 PM
I like Leach but I'd feel sorry for him if he went to lil bro school.

He would only go there because he really needs a job....

MichiganSooner
12/14/2010, 09:12 PM
Don't see him taking that job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GxkhUfKZ-U&feature=channel

texas bandman
12/15/2010, 01:31 PM
Nope. More power to the pirate wherever he goes. Life here in Lubbock has been less fun since Mike left. Tuberville's a bore and lost 5 games with a fairly veteran squad. I assure you Mike wouldn't have lost that many games. If he did go to little brother I just hope the home field magic that he enjoyed in Lubbock against us doesn't come with him to Stoolwater.

AlboSooner
12/15/2010, 01:45 PM
No. I don't care where the ex-head coach of Texas Tech is employed.

RahOkU
12/15/2010, 01:47 PM
Nope.

I don't care who you put on the roster or on the coaching staff, they would still look, play, and smell like oSu..........

Taxman71
12/15/2010, 02:24 PM
Pissed? No. I like Leach, but not much from stillwater is important enough to get under my skin.

Sad for Mike? Yes. That would be a massive fall from grace to be top 3 in the BCS to a coordinator at a little brother school in only a couple years.

Mike needs to go to the coast (either one) and blow their minds.

SoonerAtKU
12/15/2010, 02:28 PM
Can you imagine any place LESS like Key West? Other than Lubbock, that is.

mdklatt
12/15/2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=112084

Over at OP.com they still think they might get Leach. And I'm sure he'll be there in time to coach them in the Orange Bowl. :D

Is there a leaky toxic waste dump near Stillwater or something?

oudavid1
12/15/2010, 10:43 PM
ive heard repeatedly that he dosnt want anything less than an HC position. I dont think it will happen.

MamaMia
12/15/2010, 11:18 PM
It wouldn't bother me.

Piware
12/15/2010, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't be upset but would feel sorry for Mike to have to take such a step down. I doubt that he is hurting for money but if a guy needs a job then more power to him.

The pukes over at OP have been running their mouths about how Gundy would make him straighten up, no shenanigans, give up his beverage(s) of choice, while concurrently pooping their pants at the prospect of him even considering The Stool. Nothing good could come from this for Leach.