PDA

View Full Version : Ok Im about to need a new Phone

olevetonahill
12/13/2010, 10:10 AM
What kind do i get?
I dont want to go on the innernets, I dont want to Make movies . I pretty much just want to make and receive calls and get messages.
In other words a pretty simple phone .
whats out there ?

Oh and I aint gonna sign a contract either .

yermom
12/13/2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.whatistruth.info/oldphone.jpg

yermom
12/13/2010, 10:16 AM
who is your carrier?

olevetonahill
12/13/2010, 10:37 AM
who is your carrier?

Verizon

olevetonahill
12/13/2010, 10:38 AM
http://www.whatistruth.info/oldphone.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

yermom
12/13/2010, 10:42 AM
Verizon

i don't know jack about them, but i'd probably look on eBay and get an unlocked phone if i didn't want a contract. i'd assume you can just get a CDMA phone and call them to activate it. you might call them before doing it though.

i actually liked my Motorola RAZR before i got my iPhone

olevetonahill
12/13/2010, 10:46 AM
i don't know jack about them, but i'd probably look on eBay and get an unlocked phone if i didn't want a contract. i'd assume you can just get a CDMA phone and call them to activate it. you might call them before doing it though.

i actually liked my Motorola RAZR before i got my iPhone

I like it alright. Hell it does moren what I want a phone to do
Its just im missing some calls and they dont show up

A bud called me the other day left a message. It never beeped or nuthin till i went to put it on the charger that night, then it told me i had a voice mail. I listened to it. But couldnt call back cause the thing went str8 to voice mail and never picked it up on caller ID .

yermom
12/13/2010, 10:57 AM
that sounds more like a service issue than a phone issue to me, unless you could get better reception with a newer phone that was like quad-band or something

olevetonahill
12/13/2010, 11:15 AM
that sounds more like a service issue than a phone issue to me, unless you could get better reception with a newer phone that was like quad-band or something

Guess that could be it. Not sure what time he callled But for awhile i was in Potea and should have had good reception there.
I very seldom have "BAD" reception here at the shack But it aint a real strong signal either.

Maybe I just keep what i got then. :confused:

yermom
12/13/2010, 11:16 AM
this is why i like GSM. i can just move my SIM card and try something else...

olevetonahill
12/13/2010, 11:22 AM
Im guessin i aint got a card in this thing huh?

yermom
12/13/2010, 11:23 AM
yeah, Sprint and Verizon are CDMA, they use a whole different technology

i'm talking about GSM, i have T-Mobile, but i usually am using phones from AT&T

olevetonahill
12/13/2010, 11:27 AM
Ok are ya talkin to me in greek? :O

Anyway this has been a good one. Ive had it 3 or 4 years now and No Probs cept the recent missin calls .
Hell at One Tail Gate Dean knocked it out in the rain into a big puddle of water. that same nite it got dropped in an ice chest full of water. I pulled the battery and let it sit fer a coupla days. Replaced the battery and it wouldnt werk . I was fixing to go get a new one when the dayum thing rang. Its worked fine ever since .