PDA

View Full Version : Could * be the next 30 for 30 in 10 years? :P

Tigeman
12/13/2010, 12:57 AM
Just sittin here watching the Pony Excess....

Started thinking. Could this meltdown in TX be the death of a program? If you read the TX message boards it is! :D

I can see it now, starting off w/ a history lesson of the 10 win seasons. Flashes of TX fan arrogance, the screams of fire davis. The ascension up the hill w/ Pony Boy going down in the game. Then Mack saying he's going to run then BOOM!!!!!!!.... The loss to UCLA, Then OU, then the WTF's w/ the losses to Iowa St. and Baylor! :D Before the crescendo of Davis and the others being laid off as well as Muschamp leaving! Then mediocrity for at least 10 years :D

Ok Ok, I know we all know that won't happen w/ the 10 year losing streak, but hey I can dream.

picasso
12/13/2010, 12:59 AM
No.

Mack will bring in some new blood. They will recruit well and field a fine team.

I'm just amazed that two years ago I was concerned because they finally had a defensive coach.

Heh.

OU Engineer
12/13/2010, 12:59 AM
ah yes but then it would be 40 for 40 you see....

Tigeman
12/13/2010, 01:02 AM
Oh crap your right Engineer!

Knew you Engineers were good to keep us in order!

goingoneight
12/13/2010, 01:23 AM
Pony Express derailed when they got bitch-slapped by the NCAA. Now, USC might continue to decline.

Texas at worst could be in for a few rough years unless things continue to get worse off-the-field... like... maybe a former assistant spilling the beans on Texas's dirty little secrets. Doubt it, though.

Tigeman
12/13/2010, 02:02 AM
I know, it was a joke! Just kicking TX while they're down!

agoo758
12/13/2010, 03:52 AM
:D I love how everyone took the OP so seriously, but I love the comment Dickerson made concerning Texas! :)