PDA

View Full Version : Some Gator fans

pappy
12/12/2010, 05:34 PM
I'm friends with some Florida fans here in Oklahoma (have to be bandwagon fans for the most part) Anyway one is my sister's boyfriend and has been for a few years and his family is from florida so I give him the benefit of the doubt for being a florida fan and my sister is a florida fan too except both of them are OU fans after florida anyway to my post...

They absolutely hate that Will Muschamp has been hired as the new head coach and hate it even more that there are rumors that major applewhite will be joining him as OC.

OUinFLA
12/12/2010, 05:43 PM
I live in the middle of lots of Gator fans, and they are all in agreement that they could have had better, but think the hire has great possibliities. Not a clue as to Applewhite being a good choice though.

None of them thought they had a snowballs chance in Florida of getting Stoops. My friends are a pretty realistic bunch.

fossil
12/12/2010, 05:57 PM
I'm friends with some Florida fans here in Oklahoma (have to be bandwagon fans for the most part) Anyway one is my sister's boyfriend and has been for a few years and his family is from florida so I give him the benefit of the doubt for being a florida fan and my sister is a florida fan too except both of them are OU fans after florida anyway to my post...

They absolutely hate that Will Muschamp has been hired as the new head coach and hate it even more that there are rumors that major applewhite will be joining him as OC.

:eek: Pappy, the first paragraph of your post gave me a damned mybrain headache!!

pappy
12/12/2010, 06:42 PM
:eek: Pappy, the first paragraph of your post gave me a damned mybrain headache!!

I know, I rambled.

SunnySooner
12/12/2010, 07:06 PM
I'm luckily surrounded by more Noles than gators, but there are a couple. I'm interested to see what they think. And yes, it was ridiculously fun for me when we mudholed FSU. Good times, good times.

Leroy Lizard
12/12/2010, 08:18 PM

Fascinating!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/12/2010, 11:45 PM
Fascinating!

Not to mention completely comma free.

usaosooner
12/12/2010, 11:59 PM
From The UF boards they feel this was a bad a hire as Zook

CatfishSooner
12/12/2010, 11:59 PM
heh

OrlandoSooner
12/13/2010, 12:05 AM
I watched the UFC fight Saturday night at a Gator friend's house. He had a former Gator player (on both their MNC teams) there also. Both were underwheled with their choice of Mustchamp... My buddies opinion was, "Were Florida, we should be able to take an up and coming Head Coach. We shouldn't settle for an OC without head coach experience."

It will be interesting to see how Muschamp does in Florida.

fadada1
12/13/2010, 09:12 AM
did grad school at UF, but my loyalties are ALWAYS with OU. haven't talked with anyone about it, but some friends from UF (on the facebook) that are usually ( and excessively) pro-gator have been curiously quiet for the past few days.

might be similar to the zook situation (was there for that mess). many of the "bull gators" were very unhappy. i'm guessing there is a similar feeling in gainesville, as muschamp is coming in without having done much positive this year.

Okie35
12/13/2010, 10:09 AM
From The UF boards they feel this was a bad a hire as Zook

Yea because he's a coach w/o any former HC experience. I've also heard some delusional UF fans say they'll win a title by 2013.

SoonerMarkVA
12/13/2010, 10:21 AM
I will only remind folks of a team recently that was even more unhappy about their new head coach--until this year. Auburn. And don't forget there were certainly a few grumblings about OU hiring a solid DC who entirely lacked HC experience back in 1998.

No, I don't expect Muschamp will follow the same path of success as Chizik or Stoops. The point is fans are often entirely uninformed in their opinions, on recruiting and coaching. I personally will take a wait-and-see attitude on Muschamp from the UF perspective. From the perspective of gutting ut in the short-term, it makes me downright giddy.

Boomer Mooner
12/13/2010, 10:40 AM
I will only remind folks of a team recently that was even more unhappy about their new head coach--until this year. Auburn. And don't forget there were certainly a few grumblings about OU hiring a solid DC who entirely lacked HC experience back in 1998.

No, I don't expect Muschamp will follow the same path of success as Chizik or Stoops. The point is fans are often entirely uninformed in their opinions, on recruiting and coaching. I personally will take a wait-and-see attitude on Muschamp from the UF perspective. From the perspective of gutting ut in the short-term, it makes me downright giddy.

It's easier to look like a coaching genius when you have a Cam Newton on your team, or a Vince Young or even a Colt McCoy...