PDA

View Full Version : More bad news from Austin

Okie Hillbilly
12/12/2010, 03:53 PM
Following Will Muschamp's exodus from Texas to Florida Saturday, ESPN's Joe Schad is reporting that Bevo, long-time UT mascot, has accepted an offer to take a similar position at Syracuse. Details of the deal are still unknown.
In a statement from his agent, Bevo sites "a major difference in coaching philosophies" as the primary reason for his departure. In response, head coach, Mack Brown held an immediate press conference. In a manner reminiscent of Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy, Brown burst into a frustrated tirade, saying, "Let him go. I was tired of his bull, anyway. It seemed like every time we had trouble this year, I would look to him on the sideline and he would just crap down his leg." Brown continued, "At a program like Texas, that has great recruits and an outstanding head coach, there has to be accountability. The assistant coaches and the mascot must accept that."

As with any shake-up of this magnitude in college football, rumors are flying. Gatorcountry.com is reporting that Ralphie, the Colorado Buffalo, is in a stock trailer at this very moment heading to Austin to finalize a deal for him to replace Bevo. Ralphie's agent responded that his client is "sick and tired of Texas" and that he is "heading to Cali, anyway". Chip Brown, of Orangebloods.com, says that sources close to the Longhorn program are telling him that the likely replacement is "one of those Chick-Fil-A cows. You know, the cute one."

It has long been thought that Bevo might find a home with an organization like Burger King or Carl's, Jr. Experts have insisted that the general consensus has been that Bevo was too tough for those programs. Jack, CEO of Jack in the Box, put that to rest with his statement, "Bevo is by no means too tough. Toughness is the last way I would describe anything associated with Longhorn football. Soft maybe, but tough,...no way."

Details will follow, as they become available

MyT Oklahoma
12/12/2010, 03:54 PM
When it rains it pours. ;)

Leroy Lizard
12/12/2010, 03:55 PM
You should write for The Onion. :D

SoonerinSouthlake
12/12/2010, 03:57 PM
genius

tomtom
12/12/2010, 04:02 PM
What's the bad news?

josh09
12/12/2010, 04:04 PM
This is almost as good as the "Tebow to Skip Senior Season, Ascend to Heaven" thread back after the NC game :D

BigJerm7
12/12/2010, 06:19 PM
My sources indicate Pistol Pete has been offered the Oregon State job. He'll be able to keep all his black and orange gear, and anything that says OSU.

Sooner_Tuf
12/12/2010, 06:37 PM
This is almost as good as the "Tebow to Skip Senior Season, Ascend to Heaven" thread back after the NC game :D

I missed that one I am sorry to say. I may have to do some searching.

SoonerOX
12/12/2010, 06:40 PM
awesome

sendbaht
12/12/2010, 07:12 PM
texas for sure has a beef now...

85sooners
12/12/2010, 08:20 PM
:D

XingTheRubicon
12/12/2010, 08:54 PM
ballsy move

oudavid1
12/12/2010, 09:24 PM
http://dailyworldtrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Miles-Austin-and-Kim-Kardashian-Dating.jpg

Austin?

StoopTroup
12/12/2010, 09:41 PM
http://dailyworldtrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Miles-Austin-and-Kim-Kardashian-Dating.jpg

Austin?

Heh.

http://www.itsalreadysigned4u.com/shop/media/images/product_detail/ape-rentzel-8x10.jpg