PDA

View Full Version : Not that Im not loving the Whorn Chaos

SoonerinSouthlake
12/12/2010, 03:42 PM
....but in the grand scheme its not good for us if they suck.

BCS has been very kind to the Sooner this decade. We seem to have come up on top every time there is disorder at the top of the BCS. A lot of that has to do with the fact the we have the stones to play a good non conference schedule. But we also have benefited for Uterus doing well after the drop a game to us in October.

Our conference is going to look Sunbelt conference for next few years if our hated whorns dont rebuild this thing pretty quick.

OU Engineer
12/12/2010, 03:45 PM
While what youre saying is true, I will counter with this:

Watching the whorns meltdown is worth knocking our SOS down A LOT. Especially if theyre going to suck as bad as we think.

AND

If we just go undefeated every year and win the conference like we should then our SOS wont matter.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/12/2010, 03:54 PM
While what youre saying is true, I will counter with this:

Watching the whorns meltdown is worth knocking our SOS down A LOT. Especially if theyre going to suck as bad as we think.

AND

If we just go undefeated every year and win the conference like we should then our SOS wont matter.

Id like to agree with you....sincerely. But two times when our SOS got us into the MNC
1. After losing to KSTATE...we still got it
2. We were undefeated and so was SUC and Auburn. SOS, and preseason rank, helped us fend of Aub.

Plus now, with them sucking, it really hurts us in the minds of voters if they put together a competitive game against us in the RRS. We know how the emotion of that game can create strange scenarios.

MyT Oklahoma
12/12/2010, 04:00 PM
Give them time and they will rebound.

Not too soon though I can only hope. LOL

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 04:10 PM
little brother will take *'s spot next year for our SOS so it's a non issue. They will be top 10 pre-season. So you replace one ****** team w/ another. No big deal. Plus FSU will be ranked top 15 at least, so we'll get a friendly bump there. Mizzou will likely be top 10 next year also. So you now have 2 top 10 teams and a top 15 on your schedule.... you don't get much better than that.

The next 2 years we're set for a run due to returning starters. Our pre-season rank will be top 2 or 3 in 2012 as well as long as we don't choke in 11' so we'll be fine.... just don't lose! And besides.... no more CCG to worry about dropping one in. Remember it's all about the pre-season rank w/ CCG, and we're sitting pretty.

* will right the ship in 2 years, 3 at worst, so basically we just removed a stumbling block.

Only wish we could bump 2018-2019 up earlier and get LSU alot sooner.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/12/2010, 04:16 PM

* will right the ship in 2 years, 3 at worst, so basically we just removed a stumbling block.

I think they will be quick to get some good coaches in there
But finding the right chemistry is going to take some time. I think they are going suck for a couple of years...then be very average for quite some time

bluedogok
12/12/2010, 04:20 PM
I think A&M will help with SOS as well, they always seem to rise some when the Whorns are down.

tcrb
12/12/2010, 04:20 PM
SOS isn't all what it used to be. Every year they have tweaked the formula to reduce the SOS impact and increase the voter (POS) impact. I'd much prefer to relish in the demise of uterus than any little sos boost we get when we play them.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/12/2010, 04:29 PM
I think A&M will help with SOS as well, they always seem to rise some when the Whorns are down.

thats a good point. There are lots of good players in Texas...we cant steal them all..and if they decide not to go Texas...A&M is a logical place.

The Aggs are loving this as much as anyone

soonerbub
12/12/2010, 04:51 PM
This has potential to set whorny back 10 years and the die hards know it
osu has the opportunity to really start replacing ut if gundy keeps gettin lucky w QBs. All this musical chairs **** will stop if ut fires out 7-5 every year

StoopTroup
12/12/2010, 05:02 PM
Give them time and they will rebound.

Not too soon though I can only hope. LOL

5 more years? Make it a 6 year run this time? :pop:

Cornfed
12/12/2010, 05:04 PM
They keep diminishing the SOS strength in the equation to keep us out...lol

BOB LABLAW
12/12/2010, 05:16 PM
* can't suck enough.
I miss Greg Davis already.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/12/2010, 05:59 PM
All this musical chairs **** will stop if ut fires out 7-5 every year

hadn't thought about that..but there could besome sense to it.
allthough they weren't exactly on top of the world when they flexed their muscle to get their way when the b12 was born

SoonerMarkVA
12/12/2010, 06:17 PM
Things are never as good, or as bad, as they seem. ut is going to bounce back pretty quickly.

By 1998, the public perception had already set in that OU was the next Minnesota. ut was so bad also in the mid-to-late 90s that the North, with KSU, CU, and NU, was going to dominate the South indefinitely.

ut will be back within 2 years, is my prediction. And by back, I mean a top 10-ish program, where our game will be the main decider for the XII champ. Our SOS boost for beating them will be just fine.

If I were you, I'd just kick back with a smile and enjoy the Texas-sized heartache in Austin while it lasts.

slh1234
12/12/2010, 06:18 PM
Things are never as good, or as bad, as they seem. ut is going to bounce back pretty quickly.

By 1998, the public perception had already set in that OU was the next Minnesota. ut was so bad also in the mid-to-late 90s that the North, with KSU, CU, and NU, was going to dominate the South indefinitely.

ut will be back within 2 years, is my prediction. And by back, I mean a top 10-ish program, where our game will be the main decider for the XII champ. Our SOS boost for beating them will be just fine.

If I were you, I'd just kick back with a smile and enjoy the Texas-sized heartache in Austin while it lasts.

+1

ouwasp
12/12/2010, 07:12 PM
* can't suck enough.
I miss Greg Davis already.

Amen, brother. tex will be "back" soon enough, and their blowhard fans will be feisty as ever.

We need to enjoy their pain while it lasts. :)

sendbaht
12/12/2010, 07:19 PM
Not into folks surffering but for some reason I am enjoying all the texas stuff more then anything. One bad thing after another. I hope Applewipe leaves next. On and On I love this.

Radar's Left Hand
12/12/2010, 07:31 PM
Wrong. UTerus needs to lose every game they ever play. Why? Because it makes their fans really sad. Enuf sed. :)

waynepayne
12/12/2010, 07:41 PM
Wrong. UTerus needs to lose every game they ever play. Why? Because it makes their fans really sad. Enuf sed. :)

I agree. Horn tears are delicious!