PDA

View Full Version : Is Mack fired if...

Soonermagik
12/12/2010, 01:12 PM
Is Mack fired if they don't go to a bowl game next year? This is a real possibility and wondered if they would boot him if he has a similar season to this year.

Sooner_Tuf
12/12/2010, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't think so. A whole new staff would certainly be a valid reason to not be up to speed instantly.

I wouldn't count on them not making a Bowl two years in a row though. It could happen but they still have some talent there and Texas will hire good coaches. The chemistry is bound to be better than it was.

Mack has done a lot for Texas Football they would be stupid to can him at this point. I would laugh because I don't like him but unless he flips out he is safe there.

sooner518
12/12/2010, 01:36 PM
i doubt theyd fire him unless there was some kind of big scandal....

JLEW1818
12/12/2010, 01:39 PM
they would make him quit

reevie
12/12/2010, 01:42 PM
So here is their schedule for next year (assuming the site I found is accurate):

Rice
BYU
at UCLA
Bye
at Iowa State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
at Baylor
Kansas
Tech
at Missouri
Kansas State
at A&M

If they under-achieve he will definately be on the hot seat.

SoonerPride
12/12/2010, 01:44 PM
He might get a 'promotion' and be reassigned in the athletic department: head of fundraising or something.

AlboSooner
12/12/2010, 01:48 PM
If Mack wants to be AD, he can't leave the football team in such a mess.
Any good coordinator is probably coaching a team for a bowl game right now, so any hiring would have to be made after the bowl season. I suspect * will not have a OC and DC this year.

This instability, and the fact that players will have to adapt to new schemes and new coaches, plays well for us next year in the cotton bowl

cleller
12/12/2010, 04:37 PM
If they tank again next year, they will make public that Mack is suffering from Alzheimer's, and thought he was coaching the UCLA womens volleyball team the past two years.

He can then go out to pasture with less scrutiny.

bluedogok
12/12/2010, 04:52 PM
I find it quite humorous that many are pinning their "demise" on the lost MNC game and how it was the "turning point" for their downfall.

CatfishSooner
12/12/2010, 05:31 PM
I find it quite humorous that many are pinning their "demise" on the lost MNC game and how it was the "turning point" for their downfall.

:gary:

JLEW1818
12/12/2010, 05:35 PM

If Colt woulda played they would still be undefeated today

bluedogok
12/12/2010, 08:08 PM
If Colt woulda played they would still be undefeated today
In their minds they are convinced of that.....

agoo758
12/12/2010, 08:20 PM
So here is their schedule for next year (assuming the site I found is accurate):

Rice
BYU
at UCLA
Bye
at Iowa State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
at Baylor
Kansas
Tech
at Missouri
Kansas State
at A&M

If they under-achieve he will definately be on the hot seat.

Super Impressive OOC schedule as always.:rolleyes: