PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be The Next OC For OU??

FrostySooner
12/12/2010, 11:52 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard who Stoops might bring in to be the Offensive Coordinator since Kevin Wilson took the job at Indiana.

PLaw
12/12/2010, 11:54 AM
I think we should be more about who is going to be the next OL coach.

Norvell is a lock, and rightfully so, for the OC.

BOOMER

yankee
12/12/2010, 11:55 AM
whoever it is, i want 'em fired, and fired quickly.

JLEW1818
12/12/2010, 11:56 AM
"FIRE THE UNNAMED OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR !!!"

OKLA21FAN
12/12/2010, 11:58 AM

and the Sooner the better!

FrostySooner
12/12/2010, 12:28 PM
Norvell would be the most obvious pick seeing that Stoops usually promotes in-house. So, what about OL coach?

SoonerMarkVA
12/12/2010, 12:30 PM
Most likely scenario puts Norvell to main, lead, however you want to call it OC, and Heupel to the co, asst, however you want to call it OC.

The bigger unknown is who will be the new TE/FB coach, and if we'll need an OL coach, too. I'm surprised that we haven't heard yes or no out of Patton yet. I would have thought he'd either basically announce right away that he's going, or that he's not interested in the job. I suppose he could be interested, but Wilson hasn't offered yet, which also strikes me as weird.

ARCO IRIS
12/12/2010, 12:33 PM

He is a predictable and stubborn play caller just like Long and Wilson were and he hasn't even been named yet. Fire him!!!

Monster Zero
12/12/2010, 12:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard who Stoops might bring in to be the Offensive Coordinator since Kevin Wilson took the job at Indiana.

He won't bring anyone in. He'll promote someone on staff. I think Norvell with extreme goodies to Josh as a reward for his work developing QBs.

Question is who will he bring in to be WR coach?

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 12:34 PM
Who knows ? I'd try to get the guy out of stillwater.. Tell me this ? We know the guy is damn good why not ?

mightysooner
12/12/2010, 12:44 PM
Another internal promotion is my guess.

FrostySooner
12/12/2010, 12:56 PM
Chances of getting Brewer is slim since he is the co-offensive coordinator at Okie State already but he does have an impressive resume.

Section 9
12/12/2010, 01:02 PM
Are there any graduate assistants who might get a full time job?

TXBOOMER
12/12/2010, 01:03 PM
Considering the Co-Offensive Coordinator's past experience I really don't know why anybody thinks it would be anybody else. I guess he could get a head job somewhere. If he doesn't he is the man.

lasooner123
12/12/2010, 04:13 PM
Would Leach at OC
and Mangino at OL coach be asking too much.
Or would it just be too plain weird.

lol

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 04:19 PM
I don't think I'd mind Mangino to OL and it seems very likely.

I would REALLY REALLY love to see Wisky's OL coach brought in though. But we better on that one if we're going to, as * is talking about snagging him as well.

EatLeadCommie
12/12/2010, 04:31 PM
we need somebody on the OL who will give our guys some balls. We have been soft on the OL for years.

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 04:33 PM
we need somebody on the OL who will give our guys some balls. We have been soft on the OL for years.

Yes. I would like to see a more physical running game. Most defenses in the Big 12 are built to stop the spread. Time to turn it back around on them and run them over.

ouduckhunter
12/12/2010, 04:39 PM
And when are they going to announce it??

usaosooner
12/12/2010, 04:41 PM
And when are they going to announce it??

It'll probably be announced Tuesday :pop:

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 05:03 PM
Chances of getting Brewer is slim since he is the co-offensive coordinator at Okie State already but he does have an impressive resume.

I wasn't talking bout brewer..

Penguin
12/12/2010, 05:13 PM
Hell, I need a good job. I'll throw my hat in the ring.

How hard could it be? I'll keep my Blackberry on Soonerfans during the game and I'll just consult with the offensive experts on here.

OUHOMER
12/12/2010, 05:15 PM
Hell, I need a good job. I'll throw my hat in the ring.

How hard could it be? I'll keep my Blackberry on Soonerfans during the game and I'll just consult with the offensive experts on here.

Now that is a smart ideal. I wonder why Stoops doesnt do that. Maybe you can advise him to do the same. Once your hired that is.

NorthernIowaSooner
12/12/2010, 06:47 PM
norvell is already listed as asst. offensive coordinator on the website so i would guess he at least gets bumped up to co-coordinator or the job will be his and someone will get bumped up to his asst.

Leroy Lizard
12/12/2010, 08:13 PM
He is a predictable and stubborn play caller just like Long and Wilson were and he hasn't even been named yet. Fire him!!!

It doesn't work that way.

"Next OC sucks. Let's hope that Indiana dumps KW so he can come back and be our OC. We were great when KW was OC. He never made a bad call."

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 08:13 PM
Wilson + Mike Stoops = 100 GAME WINNING STREAK

FrostySooner
12/12/2010, 08:33 PM
OK, I'll throw a name out there for OL. Tony Spencer from the University of South Dakota. He has had OL's for the past 4 or 5 years that have been extraordinary in FCS. Another one is Jeremy Offutt from Northwestern State in Louisiana. He is a former OSU Cowboy and had quite a bit of success over the last few years.

I would also like to see Marcus Arroyo from Wyoming come and be co-offensive coordinator. He has had some succes in turning teams around.

FrostySooner
12/12/2010, 08:35 PM
Yes. I would like to see a more physical running game. Most defenses in the Big 12 are built to stop the spread. Time to turn it back around on them and run them over.

I agree with that

pappy
12/12/2010, 09:35 PM
I hear Josh Mcdaniels needs a job...he'll probably stay in the NFL, but it couldn't hurt to ask...unless we have a problem with rejection in which case it could hurt to ask...but I think its worth a phone call to gauge his interest.

6'8"310ExSooner
12/12/2010, 09:39 PM
Announceent coming tuesday

goingoneight
12/12/2010, 09:50 PM
One thing that's always bothered me is the hiring of coaches before the season is over. Ummm... if you're gonna get picky because your season didn't turn out how you like it, wait til the season's over. I know Stoops was hired early as were quite a few of his assistants, it just bothers me. That just seems like something that should be changed. There's this painfully boring, extremely long period of time after the MNC called an "off-season" where moves like this could be made. And you wouldn't see situations where coordinators and coaches would throw the game because they're not focused on getting the W, moreso focused on writing their own resume by performing well. I know it'll never change unless schools start doing something in these contracts guys are getting the penalize them and other schools for such issues. You could say they already do that, but we all know they don't really unless it's a head coach at a reputable program.

StoopTroup
12/12/2010, 09:52 PM
Norvell needs to be more creative. Sticking around and waiting for a job to open up isn't a great way to find a decent Coaching job.