12/11/2010, 10:58 PM
:gary:

sooner518
12/11/2010, 10:59 PM
Its official

ly on this board.

winout
12/12/2010, 12:04 AM
Does he get the CIW designation as well?

DarrellZero
12/12/2010, 12:06 AM
Right now he has better offensive talent at OSU.

I can't believe I just typed that.

Okie35
12/12/2010, 12:07 AM
Right now he has better offensive talent at OSU.

I can't believe I just typed that.

I can't believe I read it and agreed.

BigJerm7
12/12/2010, 12:08 AM
My inside sources say he was in Skiatook today interviewing for the Oklahoma Thunder job.

BASSooner
12/12/2010, 12:13 AM
I saw a private jet heading north. I'm pretty sure that was him but I wanted to make sure and look at my plane tracker on my phone. It was him. Done deal

sooner59
12/12/2010, 02:46 AM
Sources tell me Lebron is tweeting this.

BASSooner
12/12/2010, 03:43 AM
Sources tell me Lebron is tweeting this.

sitting right next him. saw him do it.

:D

Soonermagik
12/12/2010, 01:10 PM
I really will be surprised if he isn't offered a HC job. I know he interviewed with Pitt. I could see Miami looking hard at him.

delhalew
12/12/2010, 01:19 PM
I wish you guys with your cutesy little "look at me I'm funny" threads, would use a ? or a smiley in the title to make it easier to wade through the bull**** and get to the real news.

Newbomb Turk
12/12/2010, 01:25 PM
I wish you guys with your cutesy little "look at me I'm funny" threads, would use a ? or a smiley in the title to make it easier to wade through the bull**** and get to the real news.

innernets is srs business!

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 01:32 PM
I wish we would get him at OU..

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 01:37 PM
I wish we would get him at OU..

Why?

delhalew
12/12/2010, 01:44 PM
innernets is srs business!

Not really. It's just the same as the ambiguous wtf could that be about titles. I'm working and often don't have time to read all the "what if" threads and just focus on the real news.
Most times SF is better than espin for getting sports news.

ouwasp
12/12/2010, 01:45 PM
Why?

To make Boone & worldwide pokedom wail/gnash their teeth :)

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 01:57 PM
That's not a good enough reason. I'd rather have a more physical offense than what Holgerson offers.

waynepayne
12/12/2010, 02:08 PM
I dont want anybody with the stink of aggie on em.

BoomerJ
12/12/2010, 02:21 PM
I dont want anybody with the stink of aggie on em.

^ This.

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 03:38 PM
Why?

Because the guy is a hellova coach.. Anyone who can coach osu's offense to be the best gotta be good.. He's probably better than anyone we'll get thats why..

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 03:40 PM
That's not a good enough reason. I'd rather have a more physical offense than what Holgerson offers.

And you think we'll have that with someone we have on the staff now ?

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 04:30 PM
Because the guy is a hellova coach.. Anyone who can coach osu's offense to be the best gotta be good.. He's probably better than anyone we'll get thats why..

Uh...they've had a really good offense for the past like 5 years. Holgerson just kept it going at a good pace. It's still too finesse for me.

And you think we'll have that with someone we have on the staff now ?

No. Don't see where that question came from based on what I posted.

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 04:37 PM
Uh...they've had a really good offense for the past like 5 years. Holgerson just kept it going at a good pace. It's still too finesse for me.

No. Don't see where that question came from based on what I posted.

Finesse? You do know Hunter just got All American honors right? They had a pretty balanced attack.

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 04:39 PM
Finesse? You do know Hunter just got All American honors right? They had a pretty balanced attack.

How often did they line up in the shotgun and how often did they line up under center with a couple of TEs and a FB? Finesse doesn't mean you can't run the ball.

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 04:41 PM
How often did they line up in the shotgun and how often did they line up under center with a couple of TEs and a FB? Finesse doesn't mean you can't run the ball.

And that was so totally different from ours this year and last year, and the year before that how?

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 04:43 PM
And that was so totally different from ours this year and last year, and the year before that how?

Do you even remember the 2008 offense? We lined up under center a lot. And we ran it down people's throats. Well, most of the time. For the past two years, we haven't had as physical a line as we had in 2008. Not the same as Holgerson's offense.

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 04:43 PM
Does it really matter how ya get there as long as you go ? The guy is the best I want the best because OU IS the best so as I said WHY NOT ?

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 04:45 PM
Yep, I remember 08' very well. If you remember the knock on Sam was that he never lined up under center. Hardly ever at least.... maybe 15% of the time if that.

I agree we did run it down people's throat, but that was a function of our OLine, not the change in philosophy from offense.

So what I'm getting is your trying to say you want us to run a pro-style offense?

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 04:45 PM
Holgerson is not the best OC out there. Again, he took a good OSU offense and kept putting up numbers. He didn't take a crappy offense and revolutionize everything. I'd rather have Malzahn. Or Harsin from Boise. Or Kevin Wilson.

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 04:47 PM
So what I'm getting is your trying to say you want us to run a pro-style offense?

Somewhat. I want to keep some spread elements in there to take advantage of the talent we have at WR and to keep the defense honest, but mostly I want us to have a more physical ground game to control the game and wear down the opposing defense.

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 04:47 PM
I'd have no problem at all w/ Malzahn or Holgerson.

But I'm VERY VERY cautious on Harsin. Apparently that offense was Peterson's baby. He calls the plays if you believe what comes out of Boise.

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 04:48 PM
Do you even remember the 2008 offense? We lined up under center a lot. And we ran it down people's throats. Well, most of the time. For the past two years, we haven't had as physical a line as we had in 2008. Not the same as Holgerson's offense.

Personally I prefer the physical tough offensive approach as well BUT I think it's most people's opinion here that Stoops will promote from the current staff so I doubt we'll have that type of offense if he does.. I believe Stoops prefers the Finesse offensive approach.. We could get the guy so why don't we ?

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 04:50 PM
I think we all agree w/ you Silverwheels that we'd like to see the run game improve w/ a power back.

Our Oline just needs alot of work to achieve that. Murray gained alot of yards this year through sheer determination. Especially in the OSU game and the Nebbish game.

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 04:50 PM
Somewhat. I want to keep some spread elements in there to take advantage of the talent we have at WR and to keep the defense honest, but mostly I want us to have a more physical ground game to control the game and wear down the opposing defense.

That is my preference as well but I don't think it's Bob's.. Look at the people he has hired starting with Leach..

bluedogok
12/12/2010, 05:03 PM
Mahlzan is not going to leave Auburn for another OC position, when he leaves it will be for a Head Coach position.

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 05:05 PM
I think we all agree w/ you Silverwheels that we'd like to see the run game improve w/ a power back.

Our Oline just needs alot of work to achieve that. Murray gained alot of yards this year through sheer determination. Especially in the OSU game and the Nebbish game.

If Patton is gone with Wilson, maybe we will see that.

Mahlzan is not going to leave Auburn for another OC position, when he leaves it will be for a Head Coach position.

I think the same is true of Holgerson.

bluedogok
12/12/2010, 05:06 PM
I agree....

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 05:44 PM
If Patton is gone with Wilson, maybe we will see that.

I disagree, First off, We can pay more than osu. Secondly, Being an OC at OU instead of osu is a big difference.. Much better place to coach at OU and looks much better on a resume'.. The guy at Auburn is coaching the nations number one team he might not leave but coaching at Boone's place ain't no big deal folks.. We can get Holgerson..

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 05:48 PM
I disagree, First off, We can pay more than osu. Secondly, Being an OC at OU instead of osu is a big difference.. Much better place to coach at OU and looks much better on a resume'.. The guy at Auburn is coaching the nations number one team he might not leave but coaching at Boone's place ain't no big deal folks.. We can get Holgerson..

While true, I think he'd rather be a head coach than be an OC at OU. I don't think he would leave OSU to be an OC anywhere else for like a year and then take a head coaching job.

And it looks like Malzahn is the new HC at Vandy.

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 05:55 PM
While true, I think he'd rather be a head coach than be an OC at OU. I don't think he would leave OSU to be an OC anywhere else for like a year and then take a head coaching job.

And it looks like Malzahn is the new HC at Vandy.

I would offer Holgerson and see.. Couldn't hurt..

agoo758
12/12/2010, 06:05 PM
Holgerson is not the best OC out there. .

He's more than likely one of the best looking to move to greener pastures

Again, he took a good OSU offense and kept putting up numbers. He didn't take a crappy offense and revolutionize everything..

Are you saying that we are a crappy offense who needs to revlolutionize everything as opposed to an offense who needs a guy who is able to help continue to put up good numbers? :confused: I could find more than a couple of people on this bored that would disagree with that.

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 06:08 PM
Are you saying that we are a crappy offense who needs to revlolutionize everything as opposed to an offense who needs a guy who is able to help continue to put up good numbers? :confused: I could find more than a couple of people on this bored that would disagree with that.

No. I'm saying I don't think Holgerson is the best thing since sliced bread. I just don't like his style of offense, but that's just me.

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 06:26 PM
Holgerson is not the best OC out there. Again, he took a good OSU offense and kept putting up numbers. He didn't take a crappy offense and revolutionize everything. I'd rather have Malzahn. Or Harsin from Boise. Or Kevin Wilson.

I guess it depends on who you talk to as to who is the best OC out there.. I do think he is very good and I think there is a good chance he would make the move to Norman.. Having said that, I doubt he gets an offer but I wish he would because I think he is better than anyone Bob has on his staff offensively speaking..

boomermagic
12/12/2010, 06:32 PM
No. I'm saying I don't think Holgerson is the best thing since sliced bread. I just don't like his style of offense, but that's just me.

His STYLE of offense scored over 40 points on us this year.. How many points did osu score on us last year ?

slh1234
12/12/2010, 06:36 PM
His STYLE of offense scored over 40 points on us this year.. How many points did osu score on us last year ?

Well, technically ... his offense put up 27 points. OSU scored 7 on an interception return, and 7 on a kickoff return. OSU deserves credit for those points, but they weren't offensive points.

silverwheels
12/12/2010, 06:51 PM
Well, technically ... his offense put up 27 points. OSU scored 7 on an interception return, and 7 on a kickoff return. OSU deserves credit for those points, but they weren't offensive points.

Yeah.

And last year, OSU was playing in Norman where OU is damn near invincible. And Robinson was injured. And Gundy was still calling plays.

boomermagic
12/13/2010, 09:12 AM
Yeah.

And last year, OSU was playing in Norman where OU is damn near invincible. And Robinson was injured. And Gundy was still calling plays.

Yes, Gundy was calling plays last year when they scored 0 against us.. Thats my point.. Anyway, even if he doesn't get a head coaching job I doubt Bob get's him but I can think of worse..

Landthief 1972
12/13/2010, 10:00 AM
Holgerson gets hair styling tips from Mel Kiper.

Okie35
12/13/2010, 09:16 PM
Word is he's might be end up being WVU's new head coach if they lose their bowl game.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/10347/1110499-142.stm

Also, Kirby Smart may jump ship to be UF's DC.

Sooner_Tuf
12/14/2010, 03:15 AM
Gundy scored 41 on us the last time we played in Stillwater as well.

Holgorsen is a weird dude. I don't see Mack hiring him. Really he has no reason to leave OSU unless he gets a massive raise or Head Coaching job.

He has put up some gaudy numbers against weak teams and decent numbers against good teams. But still not enough to win against the best teams he has been pitted against.

I wouldn't have taken the Pitt job with Pedersen as AD there either. WVU might be a good place for him. Morgantown would be a good place to live and Coach.

I don't really think he is Head Coach material for anyone. He reminds me of a cross between Beavis and Butthead with a really good working knowledge of Offense.