PDA

View Full Version : Attn All of You With "Inside" sources...

soonerinabilene
12/11/2010, 09:52 PM
where the f*cking f*ck were you when the bomar story broke??? would have been really nice to have a heads up a day or two before that broke. that is all.

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 09:53 PM
lol

You think they would have told Bob's Contractors he was about to skip town or not.

btb916
12/11/2010, 09:54 PM
little late on this one champ

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 09:55 PM
little late on this one champ

Should he have tweeted it if he wanted more cred?

btb916
12/11/2010, 09:56 PM
Should he have tweeted it if he wanted more cred?

he could have twatted it, that garners cred

AlboSooner
12/11/2010, 09:56 PM
Heh

oudavid1
12/11/2010, 09:58 PM
In my defense, i was in Texas when it happened. And my source wasnt where he/she is now.

ill do better next Bomar.

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 09:59 PM
he could have twatted it, that garners cred

Exactly how late was he?

oudavid1
12/11/2010, 10:00 PM
btw, it was broken in January of 2006

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=567066&forum_id=5

Tigeman
12/11/2010, 10:01 PM
where the f*cking f*ck were you when the bomar story broke??? would have been really nice to have a heads up a day or two before that broke. that is all.

I was just lurking and not posting :D

lol

You think they would have told Bob's Contractors he was about to skip town or not.

While I didn't get Stoop's house, I did get another one of the coaches :D, and did warn you guys about the Cam Newton deal shortly after we lost him :rolleyes::D

btb916
12/11/2010, 10:05 PM
Exactly how late was he?

Story was broke in Jan 2006, as david told us...he's complaining about this in December 2010...so, I would say almost five years. :D

oudavid1
12/11/2010, 10:05 PM
While I didn't get Stoop's house, I did get another one of the coaches :D, and did warn you guys about the Cam Newton deal shortly after we lost him :rolleyes::D

We didnt get Cam? FIRE STOOPS!

oudavid1
12/11/2010, 10:07 PM
Story was broke in Jan 2006, as david told us...he's complaining about this in December 2010...so, I would say almost five years. :D

I still cant believe that guy on TexAgs was the first to ever report it. I mean who believes people on message boards.

Tigeman
12/11/2010, 10:09 PM
That guy on TexAg's has broke 4 or 5 other big stories wayyyy before they ever happened. I was kind of shocked they didn't believe him.

Penguin
12/11/2010, 10:10 PM
My inside sources say "Man who stand on toilet high on pot"

oudavid1
12/11/2010, 10:11 PM
That guy on TexAg's has broke 4 or 5 other big stories wayyyy before they ever happened. I was kind of shocked they didn't believe him.

i wasnt really around then, what else did he know?

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 10:13 PM

This isn't just about David or Bomar though. This is something folks have claimed they had for years on here. Smart people never mention it. If you were to say something about our program that came from a sOUrce inside...you should get throat punched and nutted IMO.

soonerinabilene makes a great point IMO.

oudavid1
12/11/2010, 10:15 PM
This isn't just about David or Bomar though. This is something folks have claimed they had for years on here. Smart people never mention it. If you were to say something about our program that came from a sOUrce inside...you should get throat punched and nutted IMO.

so you think i shouldnt report on anything from inside OUs athletic department?

soonerinabilene
12/11/2010, 10:17 PM
I . And my source wasnt where he/she is now.

your source is that transexual cheerleader?:)

Tigeman
12/11/2010, 10:17 PM
i wasnt really around then, what else did he know?

I was wrong, it was an Alabama poster on their boards I was thinking about. I should probably go edit my original post, but I'm to lazy too! :D

btb916
12/11/2010, 10:18 PM

I don't understand what you mean. The OP makes a good point, but people that have inside sources and reveal the info should get throat punched?

I haven't been around long enough to know that people claimed to have inside info. It's just funny to me that the OP posted this now, and about Bomar, who quickly became ancient history.

oudavid1
12/11/2010, 10:20 PM
your source is that transexual cheerleader?:)

haha i see what you did there

I was wrong, it was an Alabama poster on their boards I was thinking about. I should probably go edit my original post, but I'm to lazy too! :D

lol

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 10:23 PM
I don't understand what you mean. The OP makes a good point, but people that have inside sources and reveal the info should get throat punched?

If they don't have permission from their source.....you betcha.

oudavid1
12/11/2010, 10:25 PM
If they don't have permission from their source.....you betcha.

well thats my point, i dont release a lot of stuff, and the only stuff i do i always wait for approval.

Just to clear this up, i dont want to be famous, because then trouble follows, i just share information with my fellow soonerfans.

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 10:38 PM
:hot:

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 10:47 PM
:gary:

85sooners
12/11/2010, 10:57 PM
:pop:

Tigeman
12/11/2010, 11:00 PM
Troup tell me this.... How is quoting an inside source on here any different than a journalist getting the scoop from an inside source and releasing it on a blog or other media outlet?

Personally I don't think there's any difference other than the postings on here or other message boards aren't likely to be paid attn. to except by maybe 50 or 60 people. Where as, if a national media figure blogs about it, it's gonna spread like wildfire to other media outlets.

I think it all depends how you quote the inside sources on message boards though. For instance, the info. I knew about the Cam deal was never really mentioned before that story broke, other than me saying after he was signed that I knew for a fact that he was being shopped as well as bought and paid for. I never said how or why I knew that, nor did I mention any details. As the intention wasn't anything more than to say there was a reason we lost him, and it wasn't Bob's fault. Besides had I gone into detail then, people would have just told me to STFU anyways...lol. Once the story broke I went into a little more detail about how it affected OU in the Cam thread but still stayed out of the details that would reveal any sources. I also kept things to a minimum on info that wasn't already being reported publicly. Which to me, I see no problem with.

I think the main news that sources are good for is in recruiting. I think injury news should be left alone as it affects the kids future and shouldn't be mentioned.... let ESPiN do that. Most other news just isn't really all that important. But if someone had an inside source and warned us they were being told that trouble was on it's way from the NCAA, I wouldn't mind that as it's not gonna affect anyone. National media isn't gonna pick up on it from an internet message board post, nor is it gonna affect what the NCAA does to us. Besides, no one believes it ever anyways.

Like I said, an inside source and posting their info isn't bad, it's just how you use and what exactly you post. A limited and open ended hashing of the news is usually best if you feel the need to spill the details.

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 11:09 PM
Darth Husker.

Ask him about making stuff up.

I just posted my opinion for David as I think he should think about what he's doing.

Any of you want to break something about another Team....that's on you it seems these days. Guys like Bob aren't going to come after Gator Country for a rumor. If you say that Cam's Dad took money and you post that you have inside info....don't be surprised if some reporter isn't contacting you about where you got your info. If you make a claim like Darth Husker did...you better have a good source.

http://newsok.com/creator-of-phony-story-works-in-texas-it-department/article/3268581/?tm=1215754321

Tigeman
12/11/2010, 11:25 PM
Darthhusker? ... not sure who that is, I don't think I was around for him.... was that the cocaine bust gag?

Personally I saw that one as a gag deal that was obviously a joke by the last parts of the "story" talking about the Sooners always cheating or something along those lines. It was a parody and nothing more. Not sure how it relates brother.

But I understand what your saying to David though, was just asking what your opinion on how it was any different than a media member posting up a story.

I'm not sure how media members can protect their sources to the death, but individuals can't though? Seems to me there would be alot of hypocrisy there. They can ask, as that's their job, but it's doubtful they'd get it from many. Of course, there's always that one, and that's how stories break!

MamaMia
12/11/2010, 11:31 PM
I do remember a heads up on some message board saying that something was coming down about Bomar and may even involve other players. They had a lead because they knew a certain clerical employee at Big Reds with a tattletale boyfriend.

Tigeman
12/11/2010, 11:34 PM
That was the TexAg post linked in the first page Mama :)

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 11:44 PM
Darthhusker? ... not sure who that is, I don't think I was around for him.... was that the cocaine bust gag?

Personally I saw that one as a gag deal that was obviously a joke by the last parts of the "story" talking about the Sooners always cheating or something along those lines. It was a parody and nothing more. Not sure how it relates brother.

But I understand what your saying to David though, was just asking what your opinion on how it was any different than a media member posting up a story.

I'm not sure how media members can protect their sources to the death, but individuals can't though? Seems to me there would be alot of hypocrisy there. They can ask, as that's their job, but it's doubtful they'd get it from many. Of course, there's always that one, and that's how stories break!

You probably should get some inside sources to explain it to you. Mine just called and told me to STFU.

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 12:02 AM
HAHAHA! That's why you don't give them your phone # ;).... DOH!

Sooner_Tuf
12/12/2010, 12:16 AM
I think it all depends how you quote the inside sources on message boards though. For instance, the info. I knew about the Cam deal was never really mentioned before that story broke, other than me saying after he was signed that I knew for a fact that he was being shopped as well as bought and paid for. I never said how or why I knew that, nor did I mention any details. As the intention wasn't anything more than to say there was a reason we lost him, and it wasn't Bob's fault. Besides had I gone into detail then, people would have just told me to STFU anyways...lol. Once the story broke I went into a little more detail about how it affected OU in the Cam thread but still stayed out of the details that would reveal any sources. I also kept things to a minimum on info that wasn't already being reported publicly. Which to me, I see no problem with.

Have you been in contact with the NCAA? If not why not? Since you know for a fact.

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 12:26 AM
Daddy's already confirmed to them that he shopped cam! There's no need.

The part that I knew for a fact that he was bought should be edited out... but the fact he was shopped around is indeed fact and a matter of public record now :D

No need to go into further detail and the consequences of the matter. If you want you can go find my post in the Cam thread around page 2 if you want more reasons

Rocker
12/12/2010, 08:14 AM

I knew Sam Bradford was a better QB.......
That's why I didn't leak any of my "Inside" sources.....:pop: