PDA

View Full Version : Which * defensive recruits do we steal?

Soonermagik
12/11/2010, 09:00 PM
Now that Muschump is gone now is the time to swoop in. Recruits will feel vulnerable and betrayed. Many agreed to play under Muschump, so they might be willing to look to OU. Who do we likely steal? What a great day. :D :D :D :D :D

yankee
12/11/2010, 09:01 PM
how 'bout that kid out of millwood?

instigator
12/11/2010, 09:02 PM
They're all going to Florida. :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/11/2010, 09:07 PM
They're all going to Florida. :)Better than staying at the cows.

instigator
12/11/2010, 09:22 PM
Point.

Dwight
12/11/2010, 09:24 PM
all of them muahahahahahaha

Leroy Lizard
12/11/2010, 09:37 PM
I think we should look at some of their three-star no-names that have a lot of potential, desire, and work ethic.

Oh, wait.

Tigeman
12/11/2010, 10:06 PM
Hey Jeffcoat....
http://poplicks.com/images/cash-flipping-off.jpg

Jmorales22
12/11/2010, 11:04 PM
Do we really want any of them?

85sooners
12/11/2010, 11:10 PM
F them

usaosooner
12/11/2010, 11:10 PM
Think Texas will lose around 4... We'll grab one...

trwxxa
12/11/2010, 11:15 PM
Do we want them?

Muschamp arrived in 2008. Recruits since then would be Jr. or RS So.

I don't see future AA's in this group.

Tigeman
12/11/2010, 11:40 PM
Do we want them?

Muschamp arrived in 2008. Recruits since then would be Jr. or RS So.

I don't see future AA's in this group.

He's meaning current recruits, as in the 2011 class w/ NSD coming up on Feb. 2nd.

Maybe someone like Desmond Jackson would be good to make a call to.

trwxxa
12/11/2010, 11:55 PM
He's meaning current recruits, as in the 2011 class w/ NSD coming up on Feb. 2nd.

Maybe someone like Desmond Jackson would be good to make a call to.

Understood. My point was Muschamp may not be that great on evaluating talent.

waynepayne
12/11/2010, 11:58 PM
Understood. My point was Mack may not be that great on developing talent.

fify

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 12:03 AM
Understood. My point was Muschamp may not be that great on evaluating talent.

Ohhhh, gotcha! I misunderstood what you meant!

cyclonesooner
12/12/2010, 12:14 AM
Running back Malcolm Brown would be a nice start.

delhalew
12/12/2010, 12:13 PM
Keep in mind we should have a fairly small class this year. We could prolly make room for one if we want.

tcrb
12/12/2010, 12:17 PM
How many schollys do we have?....I thought we were pretty much full.

PLaw
12/12/2010, 12:20 PM
This one: http://cfn.scout.com/a.z?s=451&p=8&c=1&nid=4307852

Desmond Jackson 5-star from Houston / Westfield

mightysooner
12/12/2010, 12:46 PM
With the large scale defection going on in Austin, we should get most of their top recruits. I'm sure Bob is on it like crazy.

yankee
12/12/2010, 12:48 PM
With the large scale defection going on in Austin, we should get most of their top recruits. I'm sure Bob is on it like crazy.

don't we only have like one scholarship left for the '11 class?

i'm just fine with our recruiting class, thank you very much! if the kid didn't wanna come here initially, then screw off...:pop:

Soonermagik
12/12/2010, 01:08 PM
Maybe this was what Stoops was talking about when he said he was on the recruiting trail. ;)

I think we can add a few more scholarships this year and have less for next year. I think the whorns have a pretty solid DT that wouldn't hurt for depth.

bluedogok
12/12/2010, 01:29 PM
I think A&M could poach some as well after the past season and everyone jumping ship here.

mightysooner
12/12/2010, 02:44 PM
don't we only have like one scholarship left for the '11 class?

i'm just fine with our recruiting class, thank you very much! if the kid didn't wanna come here initially, then screw off...:pop:

Until they're signed, anything can happen. Our recruiting class IS good, but if we can shore it up even further, I would take advantage of this sh*tstorm in a heartbeat.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/12/2010, 02:54 PM
I hope every one of you that is promoting us "raiding" Texas recruits realizes that by doing so, you are also admitting that Texas routinely out-recruits us.

You can't have it both ways. Either we do a better job recruiting than they do, or we just lie in wait to "steal" recruits from them because they identify talent so much better than we do.

For me, I'll take the guys Stoops and staff have already identified. If there are one or two that they really really want over whom they were genuinely in a tussle with Texas, then sure, turn up the heat and try and get them.

Otherwise, those kids chose Texas for a reason, and the kids that have signed up with us have done so for a reason.

I'll be happy to take OUr chances just with the guys we've already got.

Leroy Lizard
12/12/2010, 03:00 PM
I hope every one of you that is promoting us "raiding" Texas recruits realizes that by doing so, you are also admitting that Texas routinely out-recruits us.

:confused:

If Malcolm Brown decides he would rather play here, we would probably make a spot for him. That doesn't mean that UT outrecruits us.

And frankly, they probably do outrecruit us by a small margin.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/12/2010, 03:09 PM

If Malcolm Brown decides he would rather play here, we would probably make a spot for him. That doesn't mean that UT outrecruits us.

I don't agree that they do at all. The numbers certainly don't back that up.

But you're missing the caveat of whether or not he was a recruit over whom we had already been in battle with Texas. Jeffcoat last year would be a great example, or (though it was with aTm) Corey Nelson.

The rest? I don't know. I'm not even sure we would make a spot for Brown. I've not heard that he's a clear cut above Brandon Williams. Rather, that liking one over the other might be splitting hairs. Do you take as much talent as you can? Sure, but there are other positions of need to fill.

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 03:13 PM
If/when they pull Randy Shannon then I believe all this is premature and he instantly sures up that recruiting class! He brings some credibility at DC and is a great recruiter.

In addition they are trying to get Jeffcoat, he'll shore up things as well.

Soonermagik
12/12/2010, 03:15 PM

You can't have it both ways. Either we do a better job recruiting than they do, or we just lie in wait to "steal" recruits from them because they identify talent so much better than we do.

For me, I'll take the guys Stoops and staff have already identified. If there are one or two that they really really want over whom they were genuinely in a tussle with Texas, then sure, turn up the heat and try and get them.

Otherwise, those kids chose Texas for a reason, and the kids that have signed up with us have done so for a reason.

I'll be happy to take OUr chances just with the guys we've already got.

No, it means they get some players we would want and vice versa. Just because they have some guys we would be interested in doesn't mean they out recruit us.

Are you saying that none of their current recruits could play for OU? They have guys that we showed interest in, but they went to the dark side. Let's give these guys a chance to see the light. :D

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 03:26 PM
This isn't defense, but apparently their prize recruit Westerman is reaching out to USC!

HAHAHA.... wow, guess that shows you how bad things are.

But if your TX and you hear this, you have to say PHUCK YOU to this kid.... he's an idiot if he's truly looking there. I understand Zona, Oregon or someone like that, but SC w/ their sanctions? WTF??? Dude your a top 5 recruit and the #1 OL.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/12/2010, 03:31 PM
They have guys that we showed interest in, but they went to the dark side. Let's give these guys a chance to see the light. :D

Well, there is that redemptive part to the equation, isn't there?

Awww heck, we'll take 'em all. Even the Irish... :D

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2010, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't say the horns our "recruit" us - but that have a built in advantage of many players having UT at the top of their wish list before any recruiter shows up. There are so many texas kids that grow up conditioned (i.e brain washed) to think burnt orange. I doubt there are many at all that grow up Sooner fans down there. So the kids we get are the ones that can put that emotion aside and think logically about the best choice for themselves - an advantage for us that they will produce, IMO. Don't get me wrong - I love the OK kids that we get that grew up Sooner fans, but we'll never fill the roster that way I like having those kids plus the ones that just made a logical decision.

oudavid1
12/12/2010, 04:12 PM
how 'bout that kid out of millwood?

maybe that kid from millhood or whatever.

we are more alike than you think.

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 05:29 PM
And now Steve Edmond is looking at both Auburn and USC per Rivals.

Ok seriously, I do not want this idiot. I understand looking at Bama, Florida (won't happen cause he's scorned by Muschamp apparently), Oregon, or other top programs. But why on earth would ever go to any school that is on probation for 2 years or about to get the death penalty?

This kid just isn't very bright.

Cornfed
12/12/2010, 05:52 PM
This one: http://cfn.scout.com/a.z?s=451&p=8&c=1&nid=4307852

Desmond Jackson 5-star from Houston / Westfield

If he decommits from * he becomes a 3 star.

fossil
12/12/2010, 06:04 PM

I watched Brown in the quarterfinals game at Heroes Statium in San Antonio two weeks ago and he is pretty amazing.
The MacArthur H.S. players just couldn't seem to tackle him. It will be a different story at the college level, but he will be pretty hard to handle nonetheless. Brown would be a great addition, but I doubt he will bolt.

Tigeman
12/12/2010, 06:06 PM
If Brown goes, it's to Bama!

waynepayne
12/12/2010, 06:13 PM
And now Steve Edmond is looking at both Auburn and USC per Rivals.

Ok seriously, I do not want this idiot. I understand looking at Bama, Florida (won't happen cause he's scorned by Muschamp apparently), Oregon, or other top programs. But why on earth would ever go to any school that is on probation for 2 years or about to get the death penalty?

This kid just isn't very bright.

exactly. you want to go to a school that is ON sanctions or one that is under investigation? what the heck is wrong with him? And I'm not saying he has to look at us but USC OR Auburn? I dont get that.