PDA

View Full Version : Top NFL Coach This Season?

sooner59
12/11/2010, 04:09 AM
This guy is off-base, IMO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-fridayofferings121010

If you ask me to list my NFL Coach of the Year candidates with four weeks remaining in the 2010 regular season – or even if you don’t – I’m starting with Andy Reid, who put himself on the line last spring by trading his longtime franchise quarterback and, so far, has delivered in a way nobody envisioned.

This guy talks about how Reid has trumped coaches like Belichick this season. Philly is having a good season. This is because Vick is good. Here is how I see it:

1. Reid did NOT trade McNabb. The owners did.
2. Reid started Kolb over Vick.
3. Kolb got hurt, so Vick had to play.
4. Vick played very well, trumping Kolb.
5. Reid kept Vick in over an underachieving Kolb.
6. Vick continues to play awesome.

This is not rocket science. Reid did nothing of genius to become the top coach this season. He sat a superstar, played a guy who had been there, that guy sucked, that guy got hurt, the superstar had to play, he played very well, Reid had to keep playing him. Pretty simple.

Where is the genius here? I don't get it. He did what was obvious. Vick is awesome, so Reid is awesome? Nope. Reid has common sense. No need for this amount of praise.

dwarthog
12/11/2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah, just a little fabricated history there.

Bad pundit's need jobs too....

tommieharris91
12/11/2010, 10:54 AM
I thought my Bears would go 4-12 this season. They're 9-3 now. Thus, Lovie Smith gets my vote.

BudSooner
12/11/2010, 12:09 PM
I thought my Bears would go 4-12 this season. They're 9-3 now. Thus, Lovie Smith gets my vote.the same can be said for Cincy, there is way too much talent on that team to suck as bad as they do.

It sucks that they drafted Gresh.

tommieharris91
12/11/2010, 12:20 PM
the same can be said for Cincy, there is way too much talent on that team to suck as bad as they do.

It sucks that they drafted Gresh.

So would this make Marvin Lewis the Anti-Coach of the Year? I think Wade Phillips and Brad Childress both have a better claim than he does.

BudSooner
12/11/2010, 01:46 PM
So would this make Marvin Lewis the Anti-Coach of the Year? I think Wade Phillips and Brad Childress both have a better claim than he does.Maybe, it appears the team has given up on him...he will be gone soon.
Just one more job to come calling after Stoops.