PDA

View Full Version : Lenny's Sub Shop in Pearland

soonerinkaty
12/10/2010, 07:41 PM
Has some damn good subs. The large is a 15 incher. Fellow I was with said I couldn't eat it. I finished the damn thing, and I STILL ain't hungry (been 7 hours). Take that you starving bastards in china.

olevetonahill
12/10/2010, 07:46 PM
Amazing that you could take all 15 inches :pop:

soonerinkaty
12/10/2010, 07:47 PM
I took it like a champ. You'd think I was used to it or sumtin ;)

olevetonahill
12/10/2010, 07:48 PM
Bet ya dint even gag once . Oh ya got some mayonnaise on yer chin there :rolleyes:

soonerinkaty
12/10/2010, 07:48 PM
I think I need you to lick it off for me.

Andddd no gag reflex.

olevetonahill
12/10/2010, 07:49 PM
I think I need you to lick it off for me.

Andddd no gag reflex.

Not me, I aint ghey

THE-JROD
12/10/2010, 07:50 PM
Heh, according to c11, vet's has no problem with gag reflex

soonerinkaty
12/10/2010, 07:50 PM
Its only gay if you like it, and by the moans you made last night I think you love it. So no worries.

soonerinkaty
12/10/2010, 07:55 PM
This got gay in a hurry.

SoonerStormchaser
12/10/2010, 10:32 PM
NOTHING can touch Capriottis in Vegas...NOTHING I TELL YA!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/10/2010, 10:47 PM
Has some damn good subs. The large is a 15 incher. Fellow I was with said I couldn't eat it. I finished the damn thing, and I STILL ain't hungry (been 7 hours). Take that you starving bastards in china.

You were in Pearland? Awesome! Pearland was the last place I thought I would see listed on SF! Made my night! haha!

Breadburner
12/10/2010, 11:28 PM
I would make that sub blush.....

yankee
12/11/2010, 02:14 AM

i bet being in pearland makes you angry inside because of last saturday...:D

soonerinkaty
12/11/2010, 02:19 AM
i bet being in pearland makes you angry inside because of last saturday...:D

Its not easy, but I can deal because I only work there. Dick.

yankee
12/11/2010, 02:22 AM
Its not easy, but I can deal because I only work there. Dick.

:D

no worries. my team lost on saturday too.

soonerinkaty
12/11/2010, 02:23 AM
But was your team ranked second in the state and expected to make its fourth straight trip to the 5A championship game?

yankee
12/11/2010, 02:26 AM
But was your team ranked second in the state and expected to make its fourth straight trip to the 5A championship game?

that's why you gotta take it on a week to week basis...nothing is handed to the katy tigers on a silver platter, including state championship appearances. ;)

and no, Carroll wasn't even predicted to get out of the first round. 4 rounds was a nice treat.

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2010, 08:59 AM
If it's the same Lenny's chain they have out here, yeah, they're damn good.

Lott's Bandana
12/11/2010, 09:02 AM
STEP folds 'em in half before enveloping.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/11/2010, 09:35 AM
http://www.lennys.com/documents/pdfs/Togo%20Menu.pdf

The menu looks rather Plain Jane Biscayne to me. What distinguishes these subs other than size?

soonerinkaty
12/11/2010, 11:20 AM
Everything is as fresh as it can get.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/11/2010, 11:22 AM
Everything is as fresh as it can get.

They have gardens out back?;)

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2010, 11:27 AM
http://www.lennys.com/documents/pdfs/Togo%20Menu.pdf

The menu looks rather Plain Jane Biscayne to me. What distinguishes these subs other than size?

They taste gooder.

What, you want your sub to shoot frickin' laser beams or something?

SanJoaquinSooner
12/11/2010, 01:04 PM
They taste gooder.

What, you want your sub to shoot frickin' laser beams or something?

No, no, no. No laser beams. I'm looking for an answer above and beyond "It's the best evar, just because."

Last week we had the "Taco Bueno is the best Mexican fastfood ever."

Posters just pronounce, ex cathedra, something is the best. I'm simply asking to explain the attributes that make it the best.

Froze, I know you would never ask a jury to accept something as the truth, "just because I said so."

The OP mentioned 15 inches, but well over 50% of us here know that a 15 inch turd is still a turd.

But I get it. It's like the west coast chain IN-N-OUT burgers. Simpliest menu
one can imagine - but with quality - e.g., crisp lettuce, ripe but firm tomato slices, etc. Well-trained employees who don't f@ck up orders, etc.

But there are other possibilites for being a great place that have to do with variety. For example, can i get something a bit different such as a smoked turkey, red onion, lettuce, cream cheese, blackberries, and a mild red pepper sauce on ciabatta bread?
http://www.sanjoaquinmagazine.com/sanjoaquin/2010/11/images/san-fox.jpg

Do they have rye or pumpernickel? Can I get a picante baja sauce instead of mayo? Only one kind of mustard? Cranberry sauce on the turkey sandwich maybe?

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 01:10 PM

http://www.popscheesesteaks.com/images/imgFront-lvweekly.jpg

Frozen Sooner
12/11/2010, 01:21 PM
No, no, no. No laser beams. I'm looking for an answer above and beyond "It's the best evar, just because."

Last week we had the "Taco Bueno is the best Mexican fastfood ever."

Posters just pronounce, ex cathedra, something is the best. I'm simply asking to explain the attributes that make it the best.

Froze, I know you would never ask a jury to accept something as the truth, "just because I said so."

The OP mentioned 15 inches, but well over 50% of us here know that a 15 inch turd is still a turd.

But I get it. It's like the west coast chain IN-N-OUT burgers. Simpliest menu
one can imagine - but with quality - e.g., crisp lettuce, ripe but firm tomato slices, etc. Well-trained employees who don't f@ck up orders, etc.

But there are other possibilites for being a great place that have to do with variety. For example, can i get something a bit different such as a smoked turkey, red onion, lettuce, cream cheese, blackberries, and a mild red pepper sauce on ciabatta bread?
http://www.sanjoaquinmagazine.com/sanjoaquin/2010/11/images/san-fox.jpg

Do they have rye or pumpernickel? Can I get a picante baja sauce instead of mayo? Only one kind of mustard? Cranberry sauce on the turkey sandwich maybe?

Mainly because I would never ask a jury to make a finding of fact on something that's manifestly subjective. I mean, sure, I would ask them to do so if the question was "Does Mike think Lenny's is better than Subway", but I wouldn't ask them to find as a fact that one thing tastes better than another. Look, you want me to tell you why I like Lenny's subs? I like them because they taste better to me. I ain't a food critic. If you don't want to take my word for it that they taste better than Subway, no skin off my ***.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/11/2010, 02:08 PM
Mainly because I would never ask a jury to make a finding of fact on something that's manifestly subjective. I mean, sure, I would ask them to do so if the question was "Does Mike think Lenny's is better than Subway", but I wouldn't ask them to find as a fact that one thing tastes better than another. Look, you want me to tell you why I like Lenny's subs? I like them because they taste better to me. I ain't a food critic. If you don't want to take my word for it that they taste better than Subway, no skin off my ***.

You're right, it is subjective and a finding of fact isn't analogous - but perhaps if you're trying to sell a jury on one's motive, you'd have to make it seem plausible.

It's not just food, we see "best handgun ever"

or ... "best pickup truck ever". well why? longevity? the load it can haul? economy of maintenance? the ride?

And of course we have Leroy Lizard's "hottest chick ever." Can he possibly explain that?

Ctina
12/12/2010, 12:23 AM

I don't know about that... Capriotti's in Delaware is pretty dang good.

(yes I know they are the same)