PDA

View Full Version : I accidentally forgot to pay my traffic ticket

MamaMia
12/10/2010, 07:23 PM
My speeding 6 miles over the limit finally caught up with me. :O

So I called the police to see if I was a fugitive. The policeman said "Well, if you are, you're not a very good one." :D

Tigeman
12/10/2010, 07:29 PM
LOL, just pay it. You may have a warrant fee, but they might waive it.

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2010, 07:30 PM
This is how I got arrested.

Not. Fun.

Leroy Lizard
12/10/2010, 07:39 PM
LOL, just pay it. You may have a warrant fee, but they might waive it.

At this point I think she has to appear in court. The attorney will probably ask the judge to waive the warrant fee and suggest about a $120 fine, which the judge will accept.

Yeah, I know from experience.

Tigeman
12/10/2010, 07:41 PM
I guess it depends what city. In OKC, she can go to the counter and pay it. No court needed. Been there, done that! LOL

cleller
12/10/2010, 07:47 PM
Is this a municipal court, or state (county) court?
Is it too late just to pay the fine? ie: it is now a warrant?

If it is in some municipal court, call either the court clerk's office, or the city prosecutor's office, and tell them you want to resolve it.

If in state court, call the county court clerk's office, and go from there. Just try to impress on them that you are ready to pay, and want to avoid court costs.

MamaMia
12/10/2010, 08:06 PM
Actually, they arent charging me extra. I helped the judges daughter one time. I guess thats why. I forgot his name though. I have the worst memory. The lady they transferred me to told me not to worry and asked if I was going to the Bowl game. Then she ask how my mother in law was doing. I told her that she was still weaving baskets and enjoying her retirement from teaching. She told me to say hello to her and to my husband. She was very nice about it. In the end she told me how much I owed and said I could just mail it if I was unable to swing by before the 15th." She also said I could just have one of the girls drop off my fine. She was very pleasant. :)

olevetonahill
12/10/2010, 08:10 PM
At this point I think she has to appear in court. The attorney will probably ask the judge to waive the warrant fee and suggest about a $120 fine, which the judge will accept.

Yeah, I know cause I know everything and Ima Philadelphia Lawyer .

You are allsome leroid :D

olevetonahill
12/10/2010, 08:12 PM
Actually, they arent charging me extra. I helped the judges daughter one time. I guess thats why. I forgot his name though. I have the worst memory. The lady they transferred me to told me not to worry and asked if I was going to the Bowl game. Then she ask how my mother in law was doing. I told her that she was still weaving baskets and enjoying her retirement from teaching. She told me to say hello to her and to my husband. She was very nice about it. In the end she told me how much I owed and said I could just mail it if I was unable to swing by before the 15th." She also said I could just have one of the girls drop off my fine. She was very pleasant. :)

Dayum Mom , I sure am glad ya aint gonna have to go to Pound ya in the *** prison .

MamaMia
12/10/2010, 08:17 PM
Dayum Mom , I sure am glad ya aint gonna have to go to Pound ya in the *** prison . My goodness! Where do y'all live? :D

Around here if a body is nice to their neighbors, they are usually given a fair shake. That policeman had already given me a verbal warning for coasting through a stop sign. I was practically asking for that ticket by not paying attention. :O

olevetonahill
12/10/2010, 08:43 PM
My goodness! Where do y'all live? :D

Around here if a body is nice to their neighbors, they are usually given a fair shake. That policeman had already given me a verbal warning for coasting through a stop sign. I was practically asking for that ticket by not paying attention. :O

Hell Mom around here they break my tail lights fer an excuse to ticket me :D

THE-JROD
12/10/2010, 08:48 PM
Around here they party with ya and then give ya a DUI the next day!

MamaMia
12/10/2010, 08:49 PM
Around here they party with ya and then give ya a DUI the next day!Thats mean! :mad:
Hell Mom around here they break my tail lights fer an excuse to ticket me :D

I wouldn't give you a ticket. I would make a horrible policewoman. :)

The funniest thing about the whole ordeal was this lady, who I really don't know all that well, asking me if I was going to the Fiesta Bowl. :D

SpankyNek
12/10/2010, 08:52 PM
Here in downtown Houston, they are having to find inventive ways to boost revenues after the public voted to outlaw the red light cameras.

They are arresting jaywalkers and holding them until they post the associated $500 fine.

Or 2 days in County Jail will cover the fees....

THE-JROD
12/10/2010, 08:53 PM
Yes it sure is...and i was a victim...pissed me off to the point i dayum near fought him at the next party he was at. Talked to the city about it...their response "They are able to do what they want as long as they are not on duty"

THE-JROD
12/10/2010, 08:54 PM
Here in downtown Houston, they are having to find inventive ways to boost revenues after the public voted to outlaw the red light cameras.

They are arresting jaywalkers and holding them until they post the associated $500 fine.

Or 2 days in County Jail will cover the fees....

Heh, do those Jaywalkers get arrested by cops on bicycles?

MamaMia
12/10/2010, 09:02 PM

Or 2 days in County Jail will cover the fees....I was thinking our town must need money. Maybe its just my timing, but I have seen a larger percentage of folks getting tickets lately. Thats not to say that the old man who gave me the citation was not correct in doing so.

If I would have gone to court and apologized I believe the judge would have let me off with a polite but stern warning. Thats what I was planning on doing. I just forgot. I found my ticket when I was changing purse colors to match my black boots. Its a good thing it snowed or I might have been in a bigger pickle. They probably would have called my mother in law. :eek:

THE-JROD
12/10/2010, 09:05 PM
Heh, god forbid them call your mother in law :D

Tigeman
12/10/2010, 09:11 PM
Yes it sure is...and i was a victim...pissed me off to the point i dayum near fought him at the next party he was at. Talked to the city about it...their response "They are able to do what they want as long as they are not on duty"

HAHAHA! That sucks man. I found out shortly after college it's a good thing to have some friends that are cops! I got lots of free beer that way (thanks HS kids :D).

THE-JROD
12/10/2010, 09:14 PM
HAHAHA! That sucks man. I found out shortly after college it's a good thing to have some friends that are cops! I got lots of free beer that way (thanks HS kids :D).

Heh, well i knew a few cops from my home town that were cool at shyt...but when i went off to college I didnt know ne of them....hell..didnt even know the one at the party was a cop..till i noticed it was him walking up to my car the night i was tryin to make it to another party lol...Every time i see him around now i just flip him off and go on :D

Leroy Lizard
12/10/2010, 10:26 PM
The lady they transferred me to told me not to worry and asked if I was going to the Bowl game. Then she ask how my mother in law was doing. I told her that she was still weaving baskets and enjoying her retirement from teaching. She told me to say hello to her and to my husband. :)

You don't say? Fascinating!

unbiasedtruth
12/10/2010, 10:52 PM
lots of this sounds like the small town in Nebraska where I hunt, no city police, just county sheriffs and highway patrol. One night the deputy sheriff was in one of the 2 bars in town drinking and having dinner and about 11:30 he got up and said it was time to go to work. He busted a good friend for DUI about 90 minutes later as he drove home. County sheriff still smelled like booze to at the time. Friend went to court over it, had others testify about how much the deputy was drinking that night and that there was no way he was sober enough to drive, let alone work. Judge threw the case out, deputy only got reprimanded over the whole thing as there was "no proof" he was intoxicated on the job (no blow or blood test).

After that the deputy was out for blood. Wrote tickets like failure to use turn signal xxx feet before intersection where the turn was made and such. Only problem the mayor was one who testified and the deputy went after his wife not him, and needless to say the deputy is no longer a county employee and he also spent several days in the hospital after getting trampled by cows.... wink wink....

olevetonahill
12/11/2010, 03:04 AM
You don't say? Fascinating!

Yup, Unlike YOU Mom is Fascinating:D

SOONERxWife73
12/11/2010, 07:56 AM
Thirty days in the electric chair AND they'll take your birthday away!

1890MilesToNorman
12/11/2010, 08:10 AM
Tell'em you running a deficit and you'll take it to the voters as a bond issue in the next election. They should understand that. :rolleyes:

MamaMia
12/11/2010, 10:23 AM
Thirty days in the electric chair AND they'll take your birthday away!Noooo...not my birthday. :eek: I would rather throw myself on the mercy of the County Christmas Light Display Committee. ;)