PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry Urban, but I call BS

PLaw
12/10/2010, 06:47 PM
Urban noted in his resignation that he has two daughters that are Div 1 caliber volleyball players. In fact, one is at G Tech now. He said that he had never been able to watch them play because of his job and that he did not want to miss out on these years of their lives.

My daughter also plays v-ball and I am by no means an expert on the sport, but I've got two benjamin's that say Urban has had ample opportunity to watch his daughters play the game.

Granted, school volleyball runs concurrent with the football season in the fall. However, the real volleyball season begins in December and runs through the spring when the club's have their leagues. Club volleyball is where the college recruiting season occurs. Coaches are in their off-season and are able to travel to watch their recruits and future players.

I would be shocked if Urban's girls don't/didn't play club - coin is not an issue. If Urban wanted to watch his girl's play, then I'm sure he could have found some time between January and May to do so if it was truly important to him.

I suspect that the real reason for him resigning is his wife put the word on him.

JMHO

BOOMER

Leroy Lizard
12/10/2010, 07:10 PM
Urban noted in his resignation that he has two daughters that are Div 1 caliber volleyball players. In fact, one is at G Tech now. He said that he had never been able to watch them play because of his job and he that he did not want to miss out on these years of their lives.

My daughter also plays v-ball and I am by no means an expert on the sport, but I've got two benjamin's that say Urban has had ample opportunity to watch his daughters play the game.

Granted, school volleyball runs concurrent with the football season in the fall. However, the real volleyball season begins in December and runs through the spring when the club's have their leagues. Club volleyball is where the college recruiting season occurs. Coaches are in their off-season and are able to travel to watch their recruits and future players.

I would be shocked if Urban's girls don't/didn't play club - coin is not an issue. If Urban wanted to watch his girl's play, then I'm sure he could have found some time between January and May to do so if it was truly important to him.

I suspect that the real reason for him resigning is his wife put the word on him.

JMHO

BOOMER

Holy ****, who cares?

If Urban thinks football got in the way of his watching his girls play volleyball, good enough for me.

My God, is Urban on trial? It's a resignation speech. Let him cast it the way he wants.

sooneron
12/10/2010, 11:14 PM
I think he's a bull**** artist, but I could give two ****s why he's leaving. He's gone. I just don't care. To quote Curly Bill, "Well ... Bye"...

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2010, 11:18 PM
What a difference a year makes. Last year gator fans jizzed in their jorts when Urban changed his mind and decided to stay. If he did it again this year, they would crap 'em.

oudavid1
12/10/2010, 11:49 PM
Does anyone think maybe there is something in the water? I mean like a Pete Carroll thing? They had the best recruiting class, maybe ever, last year(according to the services, not the results on the field). But im just speculating.

PLaw
12/11/2010, 09:10 AM
Holy ****, who cares?

If Urban thinks football got in the way of his watching his girls play volleyball, good enough for me.

My God, is Urban on trial? It's a resignation speech. Let him cast it the way he wants.

Now, now Double L - I thought you were the king of calling out BSer's.

BOOMER

Flagstaffsooner
12/11/2010, 09:40 AM
Whiney Urban dosent have the anointed one's dick to jack anymore. Updates on Oprah.

TUSooner
12/11/2010, 10:05 AM
Urban noted in his resignation that he has two daughters that are Div 1 caliber volleyball players. In fact, one is at G Tech now. He said that he had never been able to watch them play because of his job and that he did not want to miss out on these years of their lives.

JMHO

BOOMER

You should send him that. I bet he will change his mind in the light of your awesome persuasive authority on this crucial issue.

Ooops, I mistyped! What I really meant is that the OP is one of the most nit-picky and silly posts I have ever seen concerning anyone's decision to retire from being a BigTime College Football Coach. <scratches head>