PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, Obama is on TV again?

2121Sooner
12/10/2010, 04:55 PM
What a fuggin dooshbag. Quit going on The View, Mythbusters, and every other TV and maybe try doing your goddam job.

First of all, this is a Myth that this show has already busted. Why would he do it again? Because he knew the answer? What a total ****tard.

2 more years!!!!! 2 more years!!!!

What's he gonna be on next? Intervention? Where Michelle gets him in a room to quit smoking......... Go away already.

President Obama enlists MythBusters to educate kids

By HEATHER BOSCH
Could a TV appearance by President Obama actually "boost" the science scores of American kids? That's an experiment the White House is conducting.

It's why 500 middle and high school students recently pretended to be ancient Greek soldiers, fending off Roman invaders.

In front of them an excited MythBuster's TV host Adam Savage told them, "Your countryman, the great Greek mathematician Archimedes has given you a very novel weapon to defend yourselves, the power of the sun."

Under the direction of Savage and co-host Jamie Hyneman the kids focused the sun's rays on a boat, to see if they could set it on fire.

The recent episode on the popular Discovery Channel science show was requested from the top.

"Welcome to the White House," President Obama told Savage and Hyneman, as Obama challenged the two to see if the story that Archimedes had a heat ray is myth or fact.

Clearly the President has a more far-reaching goal.

"I have a personal interest in this, as President, because nothing's more important to our country's future than getting young people engaged in math and science." "You're learning about critical thinking," says Edward Rock, associated Exec director National Science Teachers Association.

He says science promotes the kind of thinking Americans need to solve problems and stay competitive.

But a study, released this week, shows US students rank 17th in science, worldwide.

"There are classrooms in the United States were you can't find a beaker a microscope- any of those kinds of resources."

Education resources are strapped and debate is raging over how best to teach kids.

Still, Rock thinks a simple presidential appearance on a science show, is an important step, "to have it become a visible issue. To have it become something that people are thinking about. Having it become part of the national debate: Why is science, and why is science education, important to the country?"

And if getting adults to discuss science is important, it's just as critical to get the future scientists talking, too.

The 500 students, involved in the MythBusters experiment, weren't just talking, they were cheering, even when their sun-drenched mirrors failed to set the "Roman" boat on fire.

In this Presidential episode the myth was busted but kid enthusiasm was clearly confirmed.

3rdgensooner
12/10/2010, 05:10 PM
you mad

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/brush_girl.gif

DIB
12/10/2010, 05:22 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/barack_obama_you_mad_flyer-p2445590346952536242mcvz_400.jpg

SicEmBaylor
12/10/2010, 05:33 PM
What a fuggin dooshbag. Quit going on The View, Mythbusters, and every other TV and maybe try doing your goddam job.

First of all, this is a Myth that this show has already busted. Why would he do it again? Because he knew the answer? What a total ****tard.

2 more years!!!!! 2 more years!!!!

What's he gonna be on next? Intervention? Where Michelle gets him in a room to quit smoking......... Go away already.

President Obama enlists MythBusters to educate kids

By HEATHER BOSCH
Could a TV appearance by President Obama actually "boost" the science scores of American kids? That's an experiment the White House is conducting.

It's why 500 middle and high school students recently pretended to be ancient Greek soldiers, fending off Roman invaders.

In front of them an excited MythBuster's TV host Adam Savage told them, "Your countryman, the great Greek mathematician Archimedes has given you a very novel weapon to defend yourselves, the power of the sun."

Under the direction of Savage and co-host Jamie Hyneman the kids focused the sun's rays on a boat, to see if they could set it on fire.

The recent episode on the popular Discovery Channel science show was requested from the top.

"Welcome to the White House," President Obama told Savage and Hyneman, as Obama challenged the two to see if the story that Archimedes had a heat ray is myth or fact.

Clearly the President has a more far-reaching goal.

"I have a personal interest in this, as President, because nothing's more important to our country's future than getting young people engaged in math and science." "You're learning about critical thinking," says Edward Rock, associated Exec director National Science Teachers Association.

He says science promotes the kind of thinking Americans need to solve problems and stay competitive.

But a study, released this week, shows US students rank 17th in science, worldwide.

"There are classrooms in the United States were you can't find a beaker a microscope- any of those kinds of resources."

Education resources are strapped and debate is raging over how best to teach kids.

Still, Rock thinks a simple presidential appearance on a science show, is an important step, "to have it become a visible issue. To have it become something that people are thinking about. Having it become part of the national debate: Why is science, and why is science education, important to the country?"

And if getting adults to discuss science is important, it's just as critical to get the future scientists talking, too.

The 500 students, involved in the MythBusters experiment, weren't just talking, they were cheering, even when their sun-drenched mirrors failed to set the "Roman" boat on fire.

In this Presidential episode the myth was busted but kid enthusiasm was clearly confirmed.

There are a lot of things to complain and get upset about. This isn't one of them. GTFOI.

soonerinkaty
12/10/2010, 05:34 PM
you mad

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/brush_girl.gif

/thread

The
12/10/2010, 05:38 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/VespertineIconoclast/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

I ain't late.

DIB
12/10/2010, 05:45 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/VespertineIconoclast/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

I ain't late.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/REexpert44/You_mad_grimace.jpg

OULenexaman
12/10/2010, 05:46 PM
this has to be one of his biggest doosh moves ever....such a ****ing retard mother ****er...

DIB
12/10/2010, 05:49 PM
this has to be one of his biggest doosh moves ever....such a ****ing retard mother ****er...

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ceulf.jpg

The
12/10/2010, 05:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dUqj7.jpg

soonerinkaty
12/10/2010, 05:56 PM
Snookie want foo foo

AlboSooner
12/10/2010, 06:11 PM
Watch this instead.
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/5swyusw2995yu0.gif

SanJoaquinSooner
12/10/2010, 09:20 PM
Obama's new press secretary did one hell of a good job today.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/12/bill_clinton_and_barack_obama.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
12/10/2010, 09:21 PM
I can already feel investor and consumer confidence growing

Leroy Lizard
12/10/2010, 10:42 PM
He thinks that he has so much power in his persona that merely being on a tv show will change children's attitudes toward science, just like talking to students on tv during class will change their work ethic. It's part of the megalomania package.

Not to say that a president can't be influential, but to change attitudes toward the positive takes a lot of hard work over an extended time. Those with megalomania think that one episode will do the trick, that their very presence alone will spur on the masses.

There could be another reason: The dude is a total ham. (Basketball, anyone?)

soonercruiser
12/10/2010, 10:52 PM

http://timesonline.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/12/bill_clinton_and_barack_obama.jpg

Should be a big headline tomorrow!

Obama quits talking; saved by Slick Wille as new Press Secretary!

Gee....and i thought that the Clintons were mad at Obama for the tricks he played on them in the primaries!
:rolleyes:

2121Sooner
12/11/2010, 06:43 PM
There are a lot of things to complain and get upset about. This isn't one of them. GTFOI.

I agree SicEm.....so instead of being on The View and Mythbusters why doesnt he actually take care of them

Oh, I know why. He is more interested in being a celebrity than actually being the President.

R@bidred
12/11/2010, 07:14 PM

Ever notice that Clinton's nose looks like it should be lower on his body??? Maybe it's just me.:pop:

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 07:18 PM
Clinton was just there to teach him how or order pizza.

yermom
12/11/2010, 07:33 PM

i hate agreeing with SicEm :(

PDXsooner
12/11/2010, 07:38 PM
After he wins in '12, you'll be REALLY mad. And I know it pains you to think he will, but he will. And I will be ecstatic.

C&CDean
12/11/2010, 08:22 PM
Why? You sound worse than Tuba. The dude is a POS, his policies are ****, and the people who pimp him are ****. Seriously, get off his jock.

2121Sooner
12/12/2010, 12:49 AM

That is the beauty of living in the United States of America. I get to complain about the things that iritate me and people like you have the freedom to continue to suck on Obama's dong as he runs our country into the ground.

God Bless America

yermom
12/12/2010, 02:23 AM
someone needs to read more of SicEm's posts

go ahead, i'll wait.

AlbqSooner
12/12/2010, 06:46 AM

YEAH! Like whether the Salvation Army throws away your contribution or actually gets them to the needy!!

pphilfran
12/12/2010, 09:32 AM

yep

pphilfran
12/12/2010, 09:36 AM
After he wins in '12, you'll be REALLY mad. And I know it pains you to think he will, but he will. And I will be ecstatic.

I would say it is a little early to be chalking up a victory...

He has some big headwinds ahead of him...

Afghanistan...

Unemployment...the outlook for the next two years is not favorable...

Gas prices...if the world economy heats up will we be more than likely seeing $4 a gallon fuel prior to the end of his term...toss in a probably weakening dollar...and then the economy will come crashing down again and unemployment will climb some more...

In the next two years we all have a hell of a ride ahead of us...

VeeJay
12/12/2010, 10:21 AM

http://www.trademarkia.com/logo-images/mcenroe/you-cannot-be-serious-78879936.jpg

Sooner_Havok
12/12/2010, 12:07 PM
I just talked to Obama. He said he was sorry, but he doesn't have a ranch in * to go hide out in. He said he will now stick to interrupting your evening shows with stupid pointless speeches instead of going on the view (which why the **** were you watching the view...and why the **** hasn't this been asked yet?) and trying to get kids interested in science by going on Mythbusters.

Oh, he also said science is lame, and that American kids should stick to what the do now, tweet, facebook, and text each other, and leave the boring *** science to the asian kids.

2121Sooner
12/12/2010, 12:49 PM
I just talked to Obama. He said he was sorry, but he doesn't have a ranch in * to go hide out in. He said he will now stick to interrupting your evening shows with stupid pointless speeches instead of going on the view (which why the **** were you watching the view...and why the **** hasn't this been asked yet?) and trying to get kids interested in science by going on Mythbusters.

Oh, he also said science is lame, and that American kids should stick to what the do now, tweet, facebook, and text each other, and leave the boring *** science to the asian kids.

HAHA!!! I hate to inform you I wasnt watching the view, but it is a legit question. Kind of left myself open on that one.

SicEmBaylor
12/12/2010, 01:49 PM
That is the beauty of living in the United States of America. I get to complain about the things that iritate me and people like you have the freedom to continue to suck on Obama's dong as he runs our country into the ground.

God Bless America

HAHAHAHAHA, oh my. Well, that's the second time in as many days that I've been accused of being a liberal and/or Obama supporter.

2121Sooner
12/12/2010, 08:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHA, oh my. Well, that's the second time in as many days that I've been accused of being a liberal and/or Obama supporter.

Do you feel dirtier?

SicEmBaylor
12/12/2010, 08:41 PM
Do you feel dirtier?

No. There's nothing wrong with being a liberal. More times than not they're wrong, but liberalism has a long and distinguished history of not only establishing the principles our country were built upon but righting certain societal wrongs as well. For that, they have a lot to be proud...

tommieharris91
12/12/2010, 08:47 PM
No. There's nothing wrong with being a liberal. More times than not they're wrong, but liberalism has a long and distinguished history of not only establishing the principles our country were built upon but righting certain societal wrongs as well. For that, they have a lot to be proud...

Karl Marx would be proud of you, comrade.

PDXsooner
12/12/2010, 10:45 PM
Why? You sound worse than Tuba. The dude is a POS, his policies are ****, and the people who pimp him are ****. Seriously, get off his jock.

*yawn*

2121Sooner
12/12/2010, 10:56 PM

Shoulda stopped there and gotten more approval spek.