PDA

View Full Version : Any truth to Stoops in Discussion With UF?

G8trGr8t
12/10/2010, 12:33 PM
Our insider boards have zeroed in on him and Petersen as the two options to replace Meyer and rumor is that Stoops is mulling the offer as he has first dibs.

Not hear to start anything, just curious if there is any "noise" on that end?

Has Stoops denied any interest or has he been asked?

King Crimson
12/10/2010, 12:35 PM
i doubt it. Spurrier is off coaching USC, UF has won twice with Meyer....I doubt Bob's fealty to either the old ball coach or UF is what it might have been in the early 00's.

OU is a better job anyway.

Widescreen
12/10/2010, 12:38 PM
Whether or not he's said anything isn't very important. Coaches always give the "I love my current job and am not looking to go anywhere else" response.

fwsooner22
12/10/2010, 12:39 PM
Why would he want to go back to Florida ?

batonrougesooner
12/10/2010, 12:58 PM
I doubt he would go but you never know.

I think he just built a multi million dollar house in Norman.

He's had many opportunities to leave and has never taken them. Not sure why he would this time.

Regardless, either way even if he did leave, life would go on.

olevetonahill
12/10/2010, 01:01 PM
NO, nuff said ;)

Howzit
12/10/2010, 01:02 PM
Spurrier will go back to UF as head coach and Stoops will again become his defensive coordinator.

Book it.

tcrb
I'm not sure that florida has anything to offer him that he doesn't already have except warmer winter temperatures and the threat of hurricanes from June-Nov.

Soonermagik
I don't know if he's been asked yet. The team is off this week, so who knows.

Honestly, I doubt he leaves. OU is too good of a job to give up. Florida would be a lateral move at best. Plus, he's got a possible national title team next year. It may take a few years to build Florida back up. Florida is a good job.. no doubt. Bob is comfortable here, he's in the process of building a huge house here. It's also important to remember that his kids have grown up here too.

The thing you have to ask is: what would he gain by going to Florida?
He can recruit the best of Oklahoma & Texas kids. Not to mention, now he can recruit kids from New Mexico, Kansas and even California.

In Norman the average highs in winter are in the 50's, so it's not like he's living in Minnesota. Oklahoma has friendly people and he's invested in businesses here. I just don't see the benefit of leaving.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/10/2010, 01:03 PM
i'm glad someone finally posted a thread asking this question. i can't believe there weren't any "stoops to Florida" threads before this one!! ;)

silverwheels
12/10/2010, 01:04 PM
Stoops will coach at Florida right after he's finished coaching at Ohio State, the Cleveland Browns, Notre Dame, and the Dallas Cowboys.

I mean, seriously. The guy has been here for TWELVE years. Why would he go anywhere else now?

soonerboy_odanorth
12/10/2010, 01:04 PM
You're the first Gator I've seen that's even put Stoops in the top five. Another Gator poster was on here and more or less stated that Stoops will always be remembered fondly in Gainesville, but everyone has moved on and they really don't want him now. So I find this bit of speculation a bit odd.

Now I wouldn't say OU is a better job than UF as a blanket statement, but it will be a better job next year. Bob has put this team in position to make a serious run at the NC again next year. Gators likely look to be still re-building a bit from what i watched of them this year.

In short, even if he were number one on UF's wish list I don't think the timing is at all there.

But please, grab Peterson and his entire staff. Of anything that can go bad for Boise I am in favor.

(Besides aren't Charlie Strong and Dan Mullen more viable candidates right now?)

badger
12/10/2010, 01:06 PM
G8r: I love you, man!

Sooners: You're not getting my Bud Light OR my head coach, Johnny.

fadada1
12/10/2010, 01:06 PM
Jesus Tim Tebow Christ!!!! Are we back to this again????

NO, stoops is going to notre dame, for Tebow's sake!!!!!

badger
12/10/2010, 01:07 PM
NO, stoops is going to notre dame, for Tebow's sake!!!!!

Stoops left for Notre Dame last season. :P

ouduckhunter
12/10/2010, 01:09 PM
Stoops left for Notre Dame last season. :P

That's what I heard too!!

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/10/2010, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure that florida has anything to offer him that he doesn't already have except warmer winter temperatures and the threat of hurricanes from June-Nov.

As opposed to the threat of tornadoes from April-Sept.? ;)

tcrb
12/10/2010, 01:11 PM
Speaking of tebow, maybe the gators should hire him to replace urban.

tcrb
12/10/2010, 01:15 PM

Valid point, But having experienced both, I'd rather take my chances with a tornado.....it cuts a much narrower swath of destruction. Besides, Florida also gets its fair share of tornado activity.

IndySooner
12/10/2010, 01:18 PM
Bob is in discussions with Florida. It's happening. He's telling them to hire Brent Venables.

NOVSooner
12/10/2010, 01:20 PM
The thing you have to ask is: what would he gain by going to Florida?
He can recruit the best of Oklahoma & Texas kids. Not to mention, now he can recruit kids from New Mexico, Kansas and even California.

Can throw Florida in the mix too. Seems he recruited some kid named Finch from Florida. yea yea i know he lived in OK first but still, after being in florida for a couple of years and around 3 "quality" programs in florida i'm sure finch had options so OU still recruited him :)

3rdgensooner
12/10/2010, 01:22 PM
Stoops will coach at Florida right after he's finished coaching at Ohio State, the Cleveland Browns, Notre Dame, and the Dallas Cowboys.
You forgot Atlanta.

Bob is in discussions with Florida. It's happening. He's telling them to hire Brent Venables.THAT I would believe.

ashley
12/10/2010, 02:29 PM
He will or has been their first call. He loves Florida and the beach. I don't think he will go but he will ponder the offer. Who in the hell would buy that house if he left.

My Opinion Matters
12/10/2010, 02:38 PM
Stoops isn't now, or forever more going to Florida. Seriously, when are people going to realize that two years as a defensive coordinator at Florida is not more meaningful than 12 years as head coach at one prestigious jobs in all of football? Yes, he has ties to Florida, but he has much stronger ties to OU.

AlboSooner
12/10/2010, 02:46 PM
Stoops isn't now, or forever more going to Florida. Seriously, when are people going to realize that two years as a defensive coordinator at Florida is not more meaningful than 12 years as head coach at one prestigious jobs in all of football? Yes, he has ties to Florida, but he has much stronger ties to OU.

your opinion truly matters.

My Opinion Matters
12/10/2010, 02:49 PM
You seem like a nice guy.

AlboSooner
12/10/2010, 02:51 PM
You seem like a nice guy.
Is that why I always finish last?

My Opinion Matters
12/10/2010, 02:52 PM
Is that why I always finish last?

No, that is a result of having no talent.

AlboSooner
12/10/2010, 02:54 PM
No, that is a result of having no talent.

I thought talent could be over come by hard work

My Opinion Matters
12/10/2010, 02:59 PM
I thought talent could be over come by hard work

I wouldn't know the first thing about hard work.

OUEngr1990
12/10/2010, 03:16 PM

this

3rdgensooner
12/10/2010, 03:19 PM
I think Greg Davis is interested.

oudavid1
12/10/2010, 03:24 PM
No, he is not leaving.

And i will wager anyone who thinks the contrary?

OUEngr1990
12/10/2010, 03:29 PM
I think Greg Davis is interested.

Horn fans would love that. And I would take all my OU gear out and burn it if that happened..

usaosooner
12/10/2010, 03:32 PM
... ah jeez not this crap again

3rdgensooner
12/10/2010, 03:32 PM
And I would take all my OU gear out and burn it if that happened..If Greg Davis went to Florida? I don't understand.

OUEngr1990
12/10/2010, 03:49 PM
If Greg Davis went to Florida? I don't understand.

got mixed up, thot he was talking about GD to OU. my bad

rekamrettuB
12/10/2010, 03:55 PM
Is UF in talks with a guy named Urban Meyer yet? I hear he's available. It may not last long tho as he has a history of flip-flopping.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/10/2010, 03:57 PM
i'm glad someone finally posted a thread asking this question. i can't believe there weren't any "stoops to Florida" threads before this one!! ;)Just in the nick of time!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/10/2010, 04:01 PM
Bob is in discussions with Florida. It's happening. He's telling them to hire Brent Venables.Can we get Mike back, huh, can we, can we, huh?

aero
12/10/2010, 04:28 PM
Wishful thinking on gators part. While florida is a fine football school and I'm sure a great place to live, you've pretty much reached the apex of college football coaching when you coach OU. A few possible lateral moves from there and a whole lot of steps down.

texas bandman
12/10/2010, 04:50 PM

I bet his new house has a safe room(floor, wing, etc). :D

cleller
12/10/2010, 07:39 PM
Speaking of houses, had a pic emailed to me recently of his home that is nearing completion. It looks like the clubhouse to a country club, gigantic.

I don't think he'll be telling the Mrs that she will not get to be loading up the custom designed closet at this stage of the game.

Sabanball
12/10/2010, 07:56 PM
No doubt Jeremy Foley has made the obligatory phone call to Bob, but I just don't see it happening. That being said, one reason a lot of you OU fans give for him NOT leaving is the fact he just built a huge house/mansion and to me that is laughable. Houses can be sold/ bought and that would all be part of any deal--and a very minor part. Again, I don't think he's going anywhere but basing it in any way on this is very naive--don't think for one minute another house just as big or bigger could not be built in Florida. It would be a turn-key move for him and his family and UF wouldn't give two rips about plunking down the money for a better pad than he has now.

oumartin
12/10/2010, 08:03 PM
No doubt Jeremy Foley has made the obligatory phone call to Bob, but I just don't see it happening. That being said, one reason a lot of you OU fans give for him NOT leaving is the fact he just built a huge house/mansion and to me that is laughable. Houses can be sold/ bought and that would all be part of any deal--and a very minor part. Again, I don't think he's going anywhere but basing it in any way on this is very naive--don't think for one minute another house just as big or bigger could not be built in Florida. It would be a turn-key move for him and his family and UF wouldn't give two rips about plunking down the money for a better pad than he has now.

He won't be able to sell the house he's building here so unless this is gonna be a couple million he can just flush he's gonna be living in that house for a long time.

It's not a house that anyone can afford and it's not a house that would probably be that attractive to the few that can afford it

Not saying it's an ugly house, it's just different

G8trGr8t
12/10/2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=8

Bob Stoops had a chance to end the speculation that he could be Florida's next football coach.

He didn't do that Friday night.

OU had its first media availability session since Urban Meyer announced his exit as Florida head coach on Wednesday. It also was the first media session since OU offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson's departure to Indiana this week.

Senior players and coaches were available to the media Friday night after the Sooners practiced in Norman. Stoops, who attended practice, declined to attend the media session.

sooner59
12/10/2010, 08:34 PM
OMFG!!! Bob didn't bend over backwards for the media! That is SOOO not like him. :eek::eek::eek:

He is totally leaving OU like for sure now you guys. :(:(:(

THE-JROD
12/10/2010, 08:40 PM
No dayum way he's goin to florida...not after gettin his best draft class this past year that he is giddy over like a lil school boy :D Stop frettin everyone, he's here for a while!

Since71ASooner4Life
12/10/2010, 08:45 PM
not trying to sound bitter or sarcastic, but why would he want to take a step backward? Serious, does anyone out there think Florida is in the same league with Oklahoma in terms of football tradition? We're not just talking about 2 versus 1 title in the last 10 years

THE-JROD
12/10/2010, 08:47 PM
^^^^According to my NCAA 2011 game...OU's tradition is A+ and florida's is B......heh :D

Leroy Lizard
12/10/2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=8

Bob Stoops had a chance to end the speculation that he could be Florida's next football coach.

How? By denying it? Sure, that always ends the speculation.

Sabanball
12/10/2010, 10:41 PM
He won't be able to sell the house he's building here so unless this is gonna be a couple million he can just flush he's gonna be living in that house for a long time.

It's not a house that anyone can afford and it's not a house that would probably be that attractive to the few that can afford it

Not saying it's an ugly house, it's just different

Again, we're all in agreement he's not going anywhere, but the new-built house I assure you will not be an issue, like some of you seemingly want to make it. Houses and condos to these guys are nothing. Get real..worst case scenario the UF athletic dept could buy his house in OK 10 times over and hold it, and it wouldn't make a dent in their athletic budget.

pappy
12/10/2010, 11:06 PM
According to a florida booster Florida is offering stoops like 6 million a year to come to florida and if he turns it down they plan to make an offer to chris peterson

SoonerPride93
12/10/2010, 11:25 PM
Speaking of houses, had a pic emailed to me recently of his home that is nearing completion. It looks like the clubhouse to a country club, gigantic.

I don't think he'll be telling the Mrs that she will not get to be loading up the custom designed closet at this stage of the game.

PICS OR GTFO!

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2010, 11:29 PM
Again, we're all in agreement he's not going anywhere, but the new-built house I assure you will not be an issue, like some of you seemingly want to make it. Houses and condos to these guys are nothing. Get real..worst case scenario the UF athletic dept could buy his house in OK 10 times over and hold it, and it wouldn't make a dent in their athletic budget.

About the only person that could afford to buy that house would be...

... the next football head coach :O

Always_Sooner
12/10/2010, 11:32 PM
If he was going to leave it would have been in 2001 after Spurrier left; because that was the closet Stoops got to leaving.

L-Boy
12/10/2010, 11:44 PM
Stoops to FL? I highly doubt it, but we'll take him if you're tired of him.;)

If it were to come to pass, let me be the first to throw out the "Schnellen berger to OU" rumor. :D

mdklatt
12/11/2010, 12:53 AM
According to a florida booster Florida is offering stoops like 6 million a year to come to florida

He's already making $5 million a year, right? What that hell can you do with $6 million that you can't do with $5 million?

OU-HSV
12/11/2010, 01:09 AM
PICS OR GTFO!
This is a pic that someone emailed me a while back saying it was Bob's new house...

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/7064/stoopshouse.jpg (http://img560.imageshack.us/i/stoopshouse.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

oudavid1
12/11/2010, 01:11 AM
there it is, Stoops Manor.

sooner59
12/11/2010, 02:15 AM
He's already making $5 million a year, right? What that hell can you do with $6 million that you can't do with $5 million?

The cost of living more than makes up for the difference. A house like Bob is building here would cost 3 times that amount in Gainesville, FL.

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/11/2010, 02:25 AM

No income tax in Florida.

sooner59
12/11/2010, 02:38 AM
True. And that is lucrative. I don't know exactly what the difference would be on the actual money in the contracts when considering the lack of income tax, the high cost of living, and the cash difference. I have to believe if Bob pressed the, Joe C. would pony up the cash the match Florida if push came to shove. Then the income tax vs cost of living would be a wash. It difficulty of schedule and tradition make OU a better choice. Recruiting is a wash given what Bob has done in Texas and California as well as surrounding areas. Florida has beaches and palm trees, but also high humidity and hurricanes. Either way, I just have zero worries about Bob leaving. If he wanted to leave, he wouldn't still be here today. Florida is a sideways move. He is loved here. One or two season's like OU in 2009 and Florida will be calling for his head.

JiuJitsuSooner
12/11/2010, 05:34 AM
The cost of living more than makes up for the difference. A house like Bob is building here would cost 3 times that amount in Gainesville, FL.

hardly... florida really isn't very expensive unless you live on a nice country club or on the water/intercoastal... And Gainesville isn't some nice sought after place to live either, it's nothing special.. Not a lot of difference between the Norman and Gainesville

Soonermagik
12/11/2010, 08:05 AM
hardly... florida really isn't very expensive unless you live on a nice country club or on the water/intercoastal... And Gainesville isn't some nice sought after place to live either, it's nothing special.. Not a lot of difference between the Norman and Gainesville

This!! Gainesville isn't South Florida. Boca Raton or Juptier are a lot more luxrious than Gainesville. Plus, it's a lot colder in Gainesville when compared to S. Florida.

PLaw
12/11/2010, 09:13 AM
I bet his new house has a safe room(floor, wing, etc). :D

safe room? how about a safe HOUSE inside the house.

BOOMER

IGotNoTiming
12/11/2010, 09:21 AM

LOL I had a tornado land three blocks from our house in Tulsa on my birthday in 1972 or 1973- cant recall which year, but that was on Dec 5th.....

They are pretty much a year round possibility...

OU-HSV
12/11/2010, 09:30 AM

I was talking to a buddy of mine about this very subject last weekend. He and his wife recently moved from Oklahoma to Florida. He said the cost of living really hasn't been much different down there for them. In fact he said even the home they rent is comparable to the price they would pay for the same home in our area. (Of course I'm sure it's relative to if you live directly in a big city or not)

MeMyself&Me
12/11/2010, 09:49 AM

I think when most OU fans mention the house it's a reference to Stoops's mindset as opposed to what is possible or feasible. You build a house like that when you plan on living in it for a long time. Not when you think there's a chance to move on to a more interesting challenge. He's preparing to retire.

mhackl
12/11/2010, 10:06 AM
Spurrier will go back to UF as head coach and Stoops will again become his defensive coordinator.

Book it.

^^ This ^^ lol

mhackl
12/11/2010, 10:22 AM
Stoops won't leave. I'm sorry Gator fans, but recent Gator history still doesn't put your program on even the same map as OU. Florida, Florida State, Miami..what's the difference? You've got nice weather, and flash in the pan successes. There are only a few schools that represent the pillars of college football. We're talking about the schools that have been power houses over the last one hundred years vs the last ten or even twenty. OU is one of those schools, and to be able to build a dynasty at one of those schools is an extremely rare opportunity.

So, no disrespect to Floridians, but it wouldn't be a lateral move... not even close.

G8trGr8t
12/11/2010, 01:46 PM
should know something with 48 hours one way or the other. Seems like the house is an issue that needs to be resolved.

will the Big 12 have a championship game next year now that Nebraska has bolted?

silverwheels
12/11/2010, 01:50 PM
will the Big 12 have a championship game next year now that Nebraska has bolted?

Nebraska and Colorado (no one cares about them, though). And no, it won't.

ashley
12/11/2010, 01:56 PM
This one will be all about family and their friends. Money will not play a part either way.

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 01:56 PM
PICS OR GTFO!

http://homesoftherich.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Screen-shot-2010-10-14-at-7.25.09-PM.png

sperry
12/11/2010, 02:03 PM
Sounds to me like he's just gonna leverage this into another raise from OU, which doesn't seem like a bad idea.

The only way he leaves, and there's not really any way to know this, is if he just wants out of Norman. Oklahoma is in better shape than Florida, and OU can afford to compensate him just as well as the Gators.

KBoomer11
12/11/2010, 02:06 PM
Stoops wikipedia page says he is florida head coach, seriously. WE ARE SCREWED!!!

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 02:06 PM
Bob is probably creating all of this....he's bored and is posting stuff on the internet and using a Grad Asst to call into these shows.

:rolleyes:

kelloggOUballa
12/11/2010, 02:09 PM
Now it says: Robert Anthony Stoops (born September 9, 1960) is the head coach of the University of Schlongenheimer football team. During the 2000 season, Stoops led the Godthaabs to an Orange Bowl victory and a National Championship.

PDXsooner
12/11/2010, 02:15 PM
Right before the Army-Navy game, Spencer Tillman basically said Dan Mullen is a shoe-in and that Stoops is staying put. I get the feeling he has a few "sources".

sooner518
12/11/2010, 02:15 PM
oh no!! now his wikipedia page says he is going to coach at Nipples State University!! we are screwed!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/sooner518/stoops-1.jpg

KBoomer11
12/11/2010, 02:17 PM
Haha that is pretty funny stuff

silverwheels
12/11/2010, 02:18 PM
Nipples State. :D

silverwheels
12/11/2010, 02:20 PM
Somebody changed it back already. :mad:

King Barry's Back
12/11/2010, 02:30 PM
This!! Gainesville isn't South Florida. Boca Raton or Juptier are a lot more luxrious than Gainesville. Plus, it's a lot colder in Gainesville when compared to S. Florida.

One of you says Florida is not expensive to live, unless you live on a nice country club or the water. First, well duhhh, aren't those the kind of places we would expect Bob Stoops to live if we was going to the trouble of moving to Florida.

And then the second of you pops off with how cold Gainesville is.

Well, if he isn't going to live on the water/good country club, and the weather is cold, why would he be going?

That's tough to figure.

King Barry's Back
12/11/2010, 02:32 PM
I think when most OU fans mention the house it's a reference to Stoops's mindset as opposed to what is possible or feasible. You build a house like that when you plan on living in it for a long time. Not when you think there's a chance to move on to a more interesting challenge. He's preparing to retire.

You're right and more. That's the Stoopses's dreamhouse, one that they have spent years designing and building. It's not a "turnkey" decision to announce that you will never live in the place that you've poured your life into making a home.

Sooner-N-KS
12/11/2010, 02:37 PM
You're right and more. That's the Stoopses's dreamhouse, one that they have spent years designing and building. It's not a "turnkey" decision to announce that you will never live in the place that you've poured your life into making a home.

If I'm Florida I tell Stoops that we'll buy that house and we'll be responsible for selling it.

Then we can build your house based on the same exact house here in Florida........and we'll even make sure you are moved in before fall camp.

texaspokieokie
12/11/2010, 02:39 PM
what's the record for the highest number of threads on the same subject ????

KBoomer11
12/11/2010, 02:40 PM

texaspokieokie
12/11/2010, 02:44 PM
this subject will eclipse the record, i predict.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/11/2010, 02:46 PM
CALVIN SIMPSON TO FLORIDA

BOOK IT

silverwheels
12/11/2010, 02:48 PM
Stoops denies rumors (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101211_92_0_Oklaho768653)

meoveryouxinfinity
12/11/2010, 02:52 PM
Stoops denies rumors (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101211_92_0_Oklaho768653)

I'm out recruiting as we text

RECRUITING FOR FLORIDA!!!! :texan:

Tulsa_Fireman
12/11/2010, 02:53 PM
FIRE TULSA WORLD

meoveryouxinfinity
12/11/2010, 02:55 PM
FIRE TULSA WORLD

FIRE TULSA FIREMAN..

silverwheels
12/11/2010, 02:57 PM
FIRE TULSA

noobalicious
12/11/2010, 02:59 PM
ZOMG!!! The ESPN message board source was WRONG and probably printing something way out of context??? No way!!!!!!

OUNC06
12/11/2010, 02:59 PM
FIRE TULSA

Tulsa has QuikTrips.

silverwheels
12/11/2010, 03:01 PM
FIRE 7-11

rekamrettuB
12/11/2010, 03:03 PM
I like how GatorCountry reports "close to finalizing" when we all know that Stoops wouldn't just leave w/out giving Joe C and OU a chance to play.

yankee
12/11/2010, 03:06 PM
TULSA > OKC

Newbomb Turk
12/11/2010, 03:09 PM
I like how GatorCountry reports "close to finalizing" when we all know that Stoops wouldn't just leave w/out giving Joe C and OU a chance to play.
why do we know this, and how do we know he hasn't given them the chance?

silverwheels
Oklahoma City is not populated by Tulsans, so I would go with OKC.

noobalicious

Because Bob is not a doosher

meoveryouxinfinity
12/11/2010, 03:10 PM
http://opea.org/Websites/opea/Images/Images/OKC_Thunder.jpg>http://images.dailyme.com/assets/2010080900001374.jpg

Sorry boutcha tulsa.

silverwheels
12/11/2010, 03:13 PM
MAJOR LEAGUE CITY

usaosooner
12/11/2010, 03:18 PM
I hate this time of year

meoveryouxinfinity
12/11/2010, 03:19 PM
MAJOR LEAGUE CITY

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/TPTrT1nAAUI/AAAAAAAANZw/wmwWnm69iwc/s1600/Russell%2BWestbrook%2BDunks%2BOn%2BEmeka%2BOkafor. jpg
:pop:

KBoomer11
12/11/2010, 03:19 PM
I've had quite a good time with it.

soonercastor
12/11/2010, 03:29 PM
This thread just got hijacked in major fashion.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/11/2010, 03:38 PM
Tulsa Shock has VAGINAS.

VAGINAS > OKC

AlboSooner
12/11/2010, 03:39 PM
When did Gainsville become Key West? Sorry but Gainsville is an average college town. Going to Florida would means taking a pay cut, relocating your family, going from a top three program to a up-and-comer program with the whole nation recuriting in your backyard, and having to go through the SEC to win a title.

He's staying here

Teo9969
12/11/2010, 03:53 PM

To be fair. This would be a case where they are buying a $3M - $6M house that they are likely going to have to either A) Level because it won't sell B) Sell it for pennies on the dollar or C) Hold onto it for 5-10 years before a legitimate buyer comes along.

Essentially it will be throwing away an extra year's worth of salary just to lure the coach away.

SoonerNima
12/11/2010, 03:56 PM
Tulsa Shock has VAGINAS.

VAGINAS > OKC

are you sure they do?

boomersooner28
12/11/2010, 03:56 PM
Per ESPN's Pat Forde 17 minutes ago: Multiple sources tell me reports of imminent Bob Stoops-to-Florida move are not true.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/11/2010, 03:58 PM
are you sure they do?

Well, a person I know in the highest management circles of the Tulsa Shock who I shall not name has mentioned that it's rumored that there may possibly be one to two vaginas in the locker room per game.

I'd confirm but he's not answering his phone.

rekamrettuB
12/11/2010, 04:10 PM

Because Urban just "retired" what...Thursday? And now the contract is close to being finalized? Negotiating someone as big as Stoops who, as we've seen in the past and why we know this, would give his current employer a chance to match or better the offer would take longer than 48 hours.

Sabanball
12/11/2010, 07:34 PM
Not to worry--I really think Bob is an "Oklahoma man" after 12 yrs and would agree, AGAIN, that he's not going anywhere. I think he wants very badly to at least equal Barry's 3 NC's and if he were to leave he leaves with a solid legacy but still in the shadow of two other coaches. He's not going to Florida.

Also, as a Bama guy, I DON'T want him at UF or for that matter in the SEC at all!

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 07:41 PM
This is an attempt for gheyturd kountry to get folks to subscribe....

Xunil
12/11/2010, 07:52 PM
Well, a person I know in the highest management circles of the Tulsa Shock who I shall not name has mentioned that it's rumored that there may possibly be one to two vaginas in the locker room per game.

I'd confirm but he's not answering his phone.

Confirmed there are vaginas in the Shock locker room; however, any person with something dangling between their legs is of no interest to them.

TMcGee86
12/11/2010, 08:05 PM
Twitter is blowing the furk up right now saying its Muschamp and will be announced at 9pm tonight.

an interesting coincidence:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N843DW

TMcGee86
12/11/2010, 08:07 PM
HOLY ****, IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

StoopTroup
12/11/2010, 08:08 PM
an interesting coincidence:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N843DW

heh

Okie35
12/11/2010, 08:09 PM
Damn I just posted an article about Muschamp being their head coach.

Eielson
12/11/2010, 08:12 PM
I don't know why everybody is still freaking out about schools interested in Stoops. Of course they are, but he always turns them down. I'm honestly more concerned that Norman North or Norman High will offer him.

BigJerm7
12/11/2010, 10:27 PM
Allsome post.

Jmorales22
12/11/2010, 10:57 PM
I bet no sooner fan ever lost sleep about the Stoops rumors. Stoops may have toyed with the idea years ago, but hasn't ever considered it since. LMAO that it turned out to be Will (DoD) Muscham

OUthunder
12/11/2010, 11:20 PM
My sources say that it's a done deal.

OUthunder
12/11/2010, 11:21 PM
:D