PDA

View Full Version : Rumor with legs?

Tulsa_Fireman
12/10/2010, 10:07 AM
My wife has a friend she went to school with that works in some shape or form in the athletics office. She (wife) just sent me a text (after talking to friend) that may have the stank of truth on it.

Apparently Gus Malzahn in flying in to interview on the 14th for SOMETHING.

That is all.

KantoSooner
12/10/2010, 10:09 AM
The man must be getting tired; he's mentioned for every opening in the country.

jumperstop
12/10/2010, 10:12 AM
Seems like he should wait until he can get a head coaching job, and I don't think he is interviewing for that. :rolleyes: Maybe he's just trying to get out of there before they get the death penalty.

BigRed47
12/10/2010, 10:23 AM
Bob has always promoted within when a coordinator leaves. I don't think he changes now.

rekamrettuB
12/10/2010, 10:23 AM
Seems like he should wait until he can get a head coaching job, and I don't think he is interviewing for that. :rolleyes: Maybe he's just trying to get out of there before they get the death penalty.

OU would lead to a higher profile job than Auburn. This year folks aren't going to see it as Malzahn's...it's Cammy Cam's offense. If NCAA is on the way in there he needs to eject and lay low.

thurman murman
12/10/2010, 10:41 AM
:pop:

CrimsonRez
12/10/2010, 11:04 AM
Malzahn would stay for two years until Landry and the boys leave. Then he would look for an HC job.

Tigeman
12/10/2010, 04:06 PM
I haven't heard that from my source, on the coaching staff. Of course I haven't heard anything other than I can't talk about it, and that's above my pay grade anyways LOL.

If/when Auburn gets hammered, I think there's a chance Malzahn is found to have had some sort of hand in the deal. He likely gets punished as well, as long as he's still in the NCAA. Rather he's moved onto another school or not.

yermom
12/10/2010, 04:15 PM
Bob has always promoted within when a coordinator leaves. I don't think he changes now.

Pelini was co-DC in 2004 after coming in from Nebraska

IslandSooner
12/10/2010, 04:35 PM
Vandy offered Malzahn 3 mil for HC job. He has not accepted, but probaly would take that over OC offer.

IslandSooner
12/10/2010, 04:36 PM
Just saw other post, sorry.

King Crimson
12/10/2010, 04:44 PM
Pelini was co-DC in 2004 after coming in from Nebraska

and pass DC that gave up 55 in the game that i didn't watch. and don't remember here.

rekamrettuB
12/10/2010, 04:46 PM
Vandy offered Malzahn 3 mil for HC job. He has not accepted, but probaly would take that over OC offer.

I find this hard to believe...the fact he hasn't taken the offer. He should have jerked their arm out of socket and not even thought twice.

yermom
12/10/2010, 04:46 PM
and pass DC that gave up 55 in the game that i didn't watch. and don't remember here.

is that English? :D

i didn't say he did great, just that it's happened before.

i don't think him and Vulnerables were that compatible in their schemes

SpankyNek
12/10/2010, 05:38 PM

Actually, the Co-position has always been an outside hire (I believe).
Leach leaves.
Mangino is elevated and Chuck long is hired from outside.

Mangino leaves.
Chuck Long is elevated and Kevin Wilson is hired from outside.

Long leaves.
Kevin Wilson is elevated and Jay Norvell is hired from outside.

Wilson leaves.
(Jay Norvell is elevated and ? is hired from outside)

Not saying he will do what he has always done, but history would suggest he will hire a run game coordinator from outside of the program.

swardboy
12/10/2010, 05:47 PM
Leach leaves.

Mangino leaves.

Long leaves.

Wilson leaves.

Not saying he will do what he has always done, but history would suggest he will hire a run game coordinator from outside of the program.

Thank you...the trend is your friend.

NorCal Sooner
12/10/2010, 05:51 PM
My wife has a friend she went to school with that works in some shape or form in the athletics office. She (wife) just sent me a text (after talking to friend) that may have the stank of truth on it.

That is all.

With all due respect, I have to call BS on this one. Even if he is flying here to interview for the OC job, he will not take it. JMHO.

TMcGee86
12/10/2010, 06:00 PM
Leach leaves.

Mangino leaves.

Long leaves.

Wilson leaves.

What about Sumlin, where did he fit in? Did we go outside to bring him in as Pass Game OC?

Tulsa_Fireman
12/10/2010, 06:07 PM
With all due respect, I have to call BS on this one. Even if he is flying here to interview for the OC job, he will not take it. JMHO.

Good call.

I totally made it up. Every lick of it, a big fat lie. I don't know anyone in the athletic department and neither does my wife.

Nyah.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/10/2010, 06:07 PM
Seriously.

My Opinion Matters
12/10/2010, 06:59 PM
Seriously?

Sooner_Tuf
12/10/2010, 07:31 PM
If/when Auburn gets hammered, I think there's a chance Malzahn is found to have had some sort of hand in the deal. He likely gets punished as well, as long as he's still in the NCAA. Rather he's moved onto another school or not.

Normally they just punish the school. I don't know if they can punish a coach but I suspect they could do something. But look at all the programs that have gotten in trouble and the coaches just move on. Neuhesal, Sherrill, Sutton, etc.

NorCal Sooner
12/10/2010, 07:51 PM
Good call.

I totally made it up. Every lick of it, a big fat lie. I don't know anyone in the athletic department and neither does my wife.

Nyah.

I said "with all due respect".:D

Tigeman
12/10/2010, 07:55 PM
Normally they just punish the school. I don't know if they can punish a coach but I suspect they could do something. But look at all the programs that have gotten in trouble and the coaches just move on. Neuhesal, Sherrill, Sutton, etc.

They punished one of the scapegoats at SuC, Todd McNair got the show cause penalty, and didn't the NCAA kick :kelvin: out too? I believe they gave him a 5 year show cause penalty (essentially a ban).

wahoorob
12/10/2010, 09:22 PM

That is all.

Well....you certainly got the "stank" part right.

OUTrumpet
12/10/2010, 10:28 PM

Kelvin Sampson.

XingTheRubicon
12/10/2010, 10:35 PM
0.0%

sooneron
12/10/2010, 11:04 PM
Kelvin Sampson.

Who's that?
We had a coach named Calvin Simpson a few years back...

NorCal Sooner
12/12/2010, 09:45 PM
I guess Malzahn will not be flying out to Norman on the 14th.....

Sabanball
12/12/2010, 09:50 PM
No way. Forget it. And count yourselves lucky.

Malzahn struck gold with Cam Newton. Last yr Auburn was 8-5 running his high school offense. Besides, it's already pretty well known in these parts he's going to the take the offer to be the HC at Vandy, where he'll more than likely be fired in 3-4 yrs. He's the flavor of the week and Bob is smart enough to go after someone much more qualified for that job, should he need to, IMO.

StoopTroup
12/12/2010, 09:59 PM
No way. Forget it. And count yourselves lucky.

Malzahn struck gold with Cam Newton. Last yr Auburn was 8-5 running his high school offense. Besides, it's already pretty well known in these parts he's going to the take the offer to be the HC at Vandy, where he'll more than likely be fired in 3-4 yrs. He's the flavor of the week and Bob is smart enough to go after someone much more qualified for that job, should he need to, IMO.

A Buddy of mine asked Bob straight to his face after the 2008 oSu Game in Stoolwater if he was gonna go after Malzahn if Wilson was to take a HC job....now that Wilson is leaving....I'm betting that Bob doesn't have any plans to hire him if the look on his face back then had any merit. Back then he looked like "Why the hell would I hire a guy like that?", almost like he just took a drink of spoiled milk.

85sooners
12/12/2010, 10:02 PM
:D

1sooners1
12/12/2010, 10:11 PM
Not sure Bob would want to involve the University in anything associated with the "dirtiness" relating to the recruitment of Cam Newton. And Malzahn will prob be proved out to have some of that dirty in the near future.

Sabanball
12/12/2010, 10:13 PM
A Buddy of mine asked Bob straight to his face after the 2008 oSu Game in Stoolwater if he was gonna go after Malzahn if Wilson was to take a HC job....now that Wilson is leaving....I'm betting that Bob doesn't have any plans to hire him if the look on his face back then had any merit. Back then he looked like "Why the hell would I hire a guy like that?", almost like he just took a drink of spoiled milk.

Lol...

Rumor down here is that we are going to try and run the O that you guys do next season. That's why we're trying to recruit a scat back, Nick realizes we can't just win with the power run game/short dump-off passes to TE's an rbs, we have to get the ball downfield to play-makers in space like you guys do. In other words, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery--your O is fine and why someone would want to change it is beyond me. IF it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sooner_Tuf
12/12/2010, 11:14 PM
I'll bet we could teach you how to play O if you could teach us how to play D. That is going to be tougher than it sounds, lots of people have tried to teach us to play D. Few have succeeded.

85sooners
12/13/2010, 11:38 AM
:gary: