PDA

View Full Version : Remember this one?

Leroy Lizard
12/9/2010, 08:05 PM
Ketchum's article on the Sooners from last year.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=986855

The only constant is that after all of these years, Stoops almost certainly still looks down to Austin and wishes he had the team that Mack Brown has. It was true back in 2002 and it appears that it might stay true for several more years at a minimum.

Adrian
12/9/2010, 08:15 PM
"Mack Brown's program is tough, scrappy and never quits."

:texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan:

AlboSooner
12/9/2010, 08:18 PM
What a homer! He speaks as if what he says has come down from the Almighty himself. Such absolutism, with so few facts.

Yeah Stoops looks down at Austin, wishing he had 2 Big 12 championships, rather than 7. :rolleyes:

AlboSooner
12/9/2010, 09:06 PM
So I emailed Ketchum, thinking he would never reply. But he did reply.

Hello sir,

You might want to re-visit these statements:
Mack Brown's program is tough, scrappy and never quits. He has a team full of players that will bleed for the honor of the Texas football program. Outside of crazy, old Uncle Howard that old drunk, you won't find many people questioning Texas' toughness these days.

After a year where Texas simply quit, that statement doesn't hold water.

And:The only constant is that after all of these years, Stoops almost certainly still looks down to Austin and wishes he had the team that Mack Brown has. It was true back in 2002 and it appears that it might stay true for several more years at a minimum.

Yeah, I'm sure Bob would rather have 2 Big 12 championships, rather than 7.

I know you are the mouth-piece of the Texas* program, and I hope you admit you were wearing burnt orange glasses when you wrote that column. http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=986855

I'm going to the Fiesta Bowl (yeah we might lose) to follow my Sooners; to which bowl game are you going to follow the Longhorns?

----------
He replies:
where were you a year ago when this was written?
-----------

I was here, thinking that it is better to let history prove you wrong, then shoot my mouth over a column full of wishful thinking, and blatant homerism. I tend to follow the creed of Abraham Lincoln: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Obviously you don't. But hey, just know how fun it has been for OU fans to see OU hoist yet another Big 12 championship, and see those asterisk lovers lose to the likes of Iowa State, and Baylor.

-----

Ps: I'm not usually one of those fans who e-mails, but that column struck me as really really arrogant.

oulucas
12/9/2010, 09:15 PM

Hello sir,

Mack Brown's program is tough, scrappy and never quits. He has a team full of players that will bleed for the honor of the Texas football program. Outside of crazy, old Uncle Howard that old drunk, you won't find many people questioning Texas' toughness these days.

And:The only constant is that after all of these years, Stoops almost certainly still looks down to Austin and wishes he had the team that Mack Brown has. It was true back in 2002 and it appears that it might stay true for several more years at a minimum.

I know you are the mouth-piece of the Texas* program, and I hope you admit you were wearing burnt orange glasses when you wrote that column. http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=986855

I'm going to the Fiesta Bowl (yeah we might lose) to follow my Sooners; to which bowl game are you going to follow the Longhorns?

----------
He replies:
-----------

I was here, thinking that it is better to let history prove you wrong, then shoot my mouth over a column full of wishful thinking, and blatant homerism. I tend to follow the creed of Abraham Lincoln: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Obviously you don't. But hey, just know how fun it has been for OU fans to see OU hoist yet another Big 12 championship, and see those asterisk lovers lose to the likes of Iowa State, and Baylor.

-----

Ps: I'm not usually one of those fans who e-mails, but that column struck me as really really arrogant.

I hope you emailed him that response as well. If not, send it!

Adrian
12/9/2010, 09:25 PM
"They would never quit on him again." What was it, five home field losses?

85sooners
12/9/2010, 09:26 PM
:pop: Fag

budbarrybob
12/9/2010, 09:34 PM
:texan: but i'm a whorn

TrophyCollector
12/9/2010, 09:42 PM
WE'RE *!

Jmorales22
12/10/2010, 12:26 AM
http://www.theessentialsoftrading.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/bania.jpg

SoonerNima
12/10/2010, 12:31 AM
ketch can eat a dick

usaosooner
12/10/2010, 01:00 AM
ketch can eat a dick

This X100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

usaosooner
12/10/2010, 01:06 AM
sorry double post

soonercastor
12/10/2010, 06:11 AM
sorry double post

Its fine, he can eat a dick....TWICE

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/10/2010, 08:58 AM
What a dooshe. That is a s***ty response from a s***ty article writer. I guess by years, he meant less than one. Dumbass.

Adrian
12/10/2010, 09:02 AM
The recruit who stuck a dagger in Stoops' heart was Selvin Young? Really? :confused:

Sooners78
12/10/2010, 09:03 AM
Its fine, he can eat a dick....TWICE

No, it's "eat a bag of dicks" :D

Jello Biafra
12/10/2010, 09:33 AM
speaking of "bag o'dicks"

it was spring of this year when i was watching the * spring game on TV....came on here and told all that would listen that thier offense looked like a bag of dicks.....did i disappoint?

Tulsa_Fireman
12/10/2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, but saying the texass offense looks like a bag o' dicks is like saying Mack Brown sucks that bag o' dicks. It's a given. There's gonna be Mack and a bag o' dicks involved in some way, shape, form, or fashion.

Jello Biafra
12/10/2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah, but saying the texass offense looks like a bag o' dicks is like saying Mack Brown sucks that bag o' dicks. It's a given. There's gonna be Mack and a bag o' dicks involved in some way, shape, form, or fashion.

ok ok....good point.....but did anyone imagine they would be a 5 win bag o dicks?

Tulsa_Fireman
12/10/2010, 09:43 AM
Not I.

Which is pretty dang awesome to think they got teabagged with 7 bag o' dick-ulous losses.

Eff texass.

SoonerPr8r
12/10/2010, 09:54 AM
The only constant is that after all of these years, Stoops almost certainly still looks down to Austin and wishes he had the team that Mack Brown has. It was true back in 2002 and it appears that it might stay true for several more years at a minimum.

Why would Bob want to be in down there in 2002? By that time he had blown texas out of the water twice and won 3 in a row against them along with 2 conference championships and 1 MNC. Mack had....well he had....um....a holiday bowl victory?

OUmillenium
12/10/2010, 10:03 AM
In the article it also says...

"Perhaps he would never beat Oklahoma or win a national championship, but he was tired of fielding a team that was so completely wrapped up in individuals and bad attitude that it couldn't ever get over the hump."

Wasn't that a major thorn in the side of this year's pathetic whorn team?

KantoSooner
12/10/2010, 10:08 AM
yes, only now they have Mudchump, so it extends beyond the convict players to the coaching staff, as well.

OUmillenium
12/10/2010, 10:09 AM
That article is full of hypocritical jabs at Stoop/Sooners. We should never let this guy rest for that piece o trash.

SoonerfansMegaemailer...ENGAGE.

LRoss
12/10/2010, 10:16 AM
I might get negged for this, but . . . who cares? People are wrong half the time, myself included. How would any of the posters on this board fare if every time we posted something that didn't turn out we got crushed?

So he's a * and biased and he was wrong. Tossing it in his face after the fact, especially, is weak. Let's enjoy our victory for it's own sake!

Bourbon St Sooner
12/10/2010, 10:42 AM
I might get negged for this, but . . . who cares? People are wrong half the time, myself included. How would any of the posters on this board fare if every time we posted something that didn't turn out we got crushed?

So he's a * and biased and he was wrong. Tossing it in his face after the fact, especially, is weak. Let's enjoy our victory for it's own sake!

You're wrong. It's always better to drag out a whorn's ramblings and throw it back in their face after such a deliciously wonderful season.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/10/2010, 10:49 AM

I don't mind being wrong, but when you spew out unbased crap like this, it deserved to be thrown back in his face. He is free to write his opinions and we are free to force feed it down his throat if he is dumb and it is proven. That is why you never write checks you *** can't cash.

jbbe450
12/10/2010, 10:58 AM

----------
He replies:
-----------

-----

Ps: I'm not usually one of those fans who e-mails, but that column struck me as really really arrogant.[/QUOTE]

I don't post here often either, but your response sir, was money.
I just wanted to comend you.

TMcGee86
12/10/2010, 11:08 AM
Texas used to blow games by coming out too flat, too often and because the players didn't have enough pride. Never again.

Well... almost never anyway. :rolleyes:

homerSimpsonsBrain
12/10/2010, 11:10 AM
speaking of "bag o'dicks"

it was spring of this year when i was watching the * spring game on TV....came on here and told all that would listen that thier offense looked like a bag of dicks.....did i disappoint?

Jello, now you're just making **** up!!!

:D

Jello Biafra
12/10/2010, 11:23 AM
Jello, now you're just making **** up!!!

:D

yep....forgot it was a BUCKET full of dicks ;)

Scott D
12/10/2010, 12:01 PM

I don't know, it amused me since in 2002 OU was in the Rose Bowl, and I'm pretty sure those boys from Austin were taking yet another trip to sunny San Diego for the Holiday Bowl.

Leroy Lizard
12/10/2010, 02:37 PM

It's not that he made a bunch of bad predictions, but that he based it on such a myopic, arrogant view of Texas greatness.

NorCal Sooner
12/10/2010, 02:56 PM

Hello sir,

----------
He replies:
-----------

-----

Pure Gold!

47straight
12/13/2010, 12:14 PM

I care, because he likes to make up lies about recruits and their families when they don't sign with UT, because he's got to explain it to all the * fans he conned into spending $ for his misinformation.

That's truly disgusting.

soonerfaninalabama
12/13/2010, 12:25 PM
ok ok....good point.....but did anyone imagine they would be a 5 win bag o dicks?

A 5 win bag of dicks with sore *** holes.