what a goofy looking dood.

CowboyMRW
12/9/2010, 07:24 PM
what a goofy looking dood.

I hope you're talking about Prince

OUNC06
12/9/2010, 07:25 PM
Broyles came up short.

Broyles has 2 Big 12 Champions (3 if you count his redshirt year)
Blackmon has 0

Blackmon comes up short.

Collier11
12/9/2010, 07:26 PM
Blackmon deserved it

LiveLaughLove
12/9/2010, 07:26 PM
Congrats to him.

He can watch the best receiver play in the BCS in Glendale.

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/9/2010, 07:27 PM
I hope you're talking about Prince

Oh, yeah, him also. :cool:

goingoneight
12/9/2010, 07:27 PM
Blackmon had a great year... we'll see if he continues to do so next year. Broyles has been special all along. Some people forget that Broyles and Blackmon have a combined one healthy ankle. It's sick to think how much better they'd be if they were out there running, cutting and moving at 100%.

rekamrettuB
12/9/2010, 07:28 PM
Blackmon deserved it for sure. Had a great year. Both did and glad a Sooner was representing.

cvsooner
12/9/2010, 07:30 PM
Blackmon had a great year. It could have gone to either one...but statistically, he had the better season, though admittedly against somewhat lesser competition.

AlboSooner
12/9/2010, 07:30 PM
http://media.lawrence.com/img/croppedphotos/2010/12/05/Big-12-Championship-F_Bell_t640.jpg

This will ease the pain.

CowboyMRW
12/9/2010, 07:31 PM
Sure was nice to see two Oklahoma kids there though

sooner59
12/9/2010, 07:36 PM
Anotubby is presenting the Jim Thorpe Award. Interesting.

sooner59
12/9/2010, 07:37 PM
Heh. Anotubby couldn't pronounce Amukamara.

Collier11
12/9/2010, 07:37 PM
Peterson wins, lol...another slap in the face of Nebraska

AlboSooner
12/9/2010, 07:38 PM
Anotubby is presenting the Jim Thorpe Award. Interesting.

I think they gave it to Peterson, so anotubby wouldn't stumble with Prince Amukamara's name anymore.

No1Better
12/9/2010, 07:46 PM
Broyles is a first round NFL pick and a certain football legend and awards are fleeting...stay the course Ryan, stay the course...

mdklatt
12/9/2010, 07:47 PM
I'm curious as to how the sheep shaggers are going to spin this into their usual orgy of trumped up moral outrage and conspiracy theories.

How come Bradford got more coverage for winning the Heisman than Blackmon got? MEDIA CONSPIRACY IN FAVOR OF THE GOONS! :stunned:

Leroy Lizard
12/9/2010, 07:53 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if the DOK headlines mentioned Broyles' close finish to winning the Belitnikoff instead of Blackmon?

mdklatt
12/9/2010, 07:55 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if the DOK headlines mentioned Broyles' close finish to winning the Belitnikoff instead of Blackmon?

If so, I might start taking them seriously when they bitch about media bias. :D

hawaii 5-0
12/9/2010, 08:28 PM
Actually Hawaii's Greg Salas has more receiving yards.

He's not as flashy but has great hands and is very tough to bring down. It usually takes two tacklers. Most of his yards are after the catch.

5-0

oumartin
12/9/2010, 08:31 PM
It's Hawaii, who cares

Eielson
12/9/2010, 08:34 PM
Actually Hawaii's Greg Salas has more receiving yards.

He wouldn't if he played in the Big XII.

pappy
12/9/2010, 08:36 PM
Broyles is a first round NFL pick and a certain football legend and awards are fleeting...stay the course Ryan, stay the course...

Not if he declares this year he's not. NFL will take the bigger bodied guy over him...so he'll go 2nd or 3rd round if he declares this year because AJ Green, Julio Jones, Alshon Jefferey and Justin Blackmon (ofcourse all those guys would need to declare too) would go ahead of him. That doesn't mean he won't be a great pro wr though...I think he will...I see him being like wes welker.

Rocko
12/9/2010, 08:44 PM
Lee Corso is a good guy.

oumartin
12/9/2010, 08:46 PM
Lee Corso is a good guy.

pretty touching little tribute, Would they have blamed him for feeling up Erin Andrews? he coulda blamed the stroke.

Soonerfan88
12/9/2010, 08:49 PM
Congrats to Blackmon for winning, he had a good year. As said above, just great to see 2 Oklahoma guys representing.

Broyles is a great slot receiver and is fantastic at creating YAC, but I truly doubt he will be a 1st rounder either this year or next simply because of his size. Yes, he will be successful in the NFL but 1st round WR are primarily physical, larger receivers.

Kray
12/9/2010, 08:51 PM
Congrats to Blackmon for winning, he had a good year. As said above, just great to see 2 Oklahoma guys representing.

Broyles is a great slot receiver and is fantastic at creating YAC, but I truly doubt he will be a 1st rounder either this year or next simply because of his size. Yes, he will be successful in the NFL but 1st round WR are primarily physical, larger receivers.

Typically, yeah, the NFL is looking for the Fitzgerald/C. Johnson/A. Johnson type of WR, but there are also Steve Smiths out there, and Wes Welkers. A player like Broyles isn't precluded from being dominant in the league.

hawaii 5-0
12/9/2010, 08:56 PM
He wouldn't if he played in the Big XII.

...and you would know that how?

5-0

85sooners
12/9/2010, 09:13 PM
:eek:

Eielson
12/9/2010, 10:01 PM

5-0

I think the Big XII might be a bit better than the WAC at defense. Just maybe.

pappy
12/9/2010, 10:10 PM
Typically, yeah, the NFL is looking for the Fitzgerald/C. Johnson/A. Johnson type of WR, but there are also Steve Smiths out there, and Wes Welkers. A player like Broyles isn't precluded from being dominant in the league.

yep and wes welker wasn't drafted and steve smith was taken in the 3rd round. Size matters when it comes to the draft. Nobody doubts he'll be a great nfl player I like several others agree though that he won't go 1st round. I see him mid 2nd - 3rd round.

CrimsonRez
12/9/2010, 10:13 PM

5-0

Hate to break it to you...but I'm willing to bet Hawaii wasn't his dream school to go to. He went there because he wasn't good enough to go play with the bigger schools. That's why he went to Hawaii to go play with the other scrubs. He just happens to be top scrub is all.

oumartin
12/9/2010, 10:14 PM
yep and wes welker wasn't drafted and steve smith was taken in the 3rd round. Size matters when it comes to the draft. Nobody doubts he'll be a great nfl player I like several others agree though that he won't go 1st round. I see him mid 2nd - 3rd round.

Are you freakin' Mel Kiper? Nice to meet ya.
Oh wait, you are a GM for an NFL team!

Wow, thanks for taking the time to post on a soonerfans message board.

Eielson
12/9/2010, 10:20 PM

I'd bet there are more great receivers that when in the first round than went in the 3rd round or undrafted.

hawaii 5-0
12/9/2010, 10:31 PM
Hate to break it to you...but I'm willing to bet Hawaii wasn't his dream school to go to. He went there because he wasn't good enough to go play with the bigger schools. That's why he went to Hawaii to go play with the other scrubs. He just happens to be top scrub is all.

Very few players choose Hawaii as their 1st pick. National exposure is very limited.

FWIW, Salas was recruited by other schools to play DB. He wanted to play WR but Hawaii had 3 other very good WRs in Davon Bess, Ryan Grice Mullen and Jason Rivers. He just had to wait his turn.

BTW, Hawaii also had the #6 receiver in yards as well in Kealoha Pilares. This year they weren't so one dimensional with their pass happy offense. Alex Green ran for over 1,000 yards, more than Demarco.

I'm not getting into a pizzing contest here. Salas was a Belitnikoff Finalist but exposure hurt his chances. You can see him Christmas Eve or next year in the NFL (if they're not locked out.)

5-0

Eielson
12/9/2010, 10:34 PM
I was looking to see how this Salas guy did against quality competition. Found it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=303100068

CrimsonRez
12/9/2010, 11:27 PM
Kenny Stills would have had 300 yards receiving per game with that schedule.

StiffArmTrophy
12/9/2010, 11:42 PM
I think the Big XII might be a bit better than the WAC at defense. Just maybe.

I thought the WAC play defense like the SEC!!!!!!!!:D

StiffArmTrophy
12/9/2010, 11:48 PM
I was looking to see how this Salas guy did against quality competition. Found it:

Wow 2 catches for 10 yards against the only quality opponent they played!!! IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

hawaii 5-0
12/10/2010, 12:21 AM

How 'bout 8 catches for 124 yards against #14 Southern Cal?

Or the 11 catches for 153 yards against #19 ranked and undefeated Nevada, the only team to beat Boise?

Against Boise, Pilares was hurt with a hammy and their gameplan was to limit Salas. They did this very effectively, as well as QB Moniz decided to choose that game to have the 'deer in headlights' performance, much like Landry last year at Nebraska. Some things don't show up in stats, yes?

I make no apologies. I've seen both Broyles and Salas all season as well as some of Blackmon. They're all very good and deserving of any post season awards.

5-0

SoonerNima
12/10/2010, 12:28 AM
broyles is deserving of the award. bad timing for him.

Leroy Lizard
12/10/2010, 12:59 AM
How 'bout 8 catches for 124 yards against #14 Southern Cal?

Or the 11 catches for 153 yards against #19 ranked and undefeated Nevada, the only team to beat Boise?

Against Boise, Pilares was hurt with a hammy and their gameplan was to limit Salas. They did this very effectively, as well as QB Moniz decided to choose that game to have the 'deer in headlights' performance, much like Landry last year at Nebraska. Some things don't show up in stats, yes?

That's too bad, because Boise St is the only one of the teams you mentioned that has much of a defense. USC is horrible, especially against the pass.

CowboyMRW
12/10/2010, 01:37 AM
Very few players choose Hawaii as their 1st pick. National exposure is very limited.

FWIW, Salas was recruited by other schools to play DB. He wanted to play WR but Hawaii had 3 other very good WRs in Davon Bess, Ryan Grice Mullen and Jason Rivers. He just had to wait his turn.

BTW, Hawaii also had the #6 receiver in yards as well in Kealoha Pilares. This year they weren't so one dimensional with their pass happy offense. Alex Green ran for over 1,000 yards, more than Demarco.

I'm not getting into a pizzing contest here. Salas was a Belitnikoff Finalist but exposure hurt his chances. You can see him Christmas Eve or next year in the NFL (if they're not locked out.)

5-0

He was. I don't remember seeing him having a video clip today. I only remember Broyles, Blackmon, and Jeffries

hawaii 5-0
12/10/2010, 03:18 AM
Excuse me. Salas was a Belitnikoff Nominee. (Sorry, Fred, for botching your spelling.)

Here's a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiGnmPRSTAA

Damn, I remember Fred playing in college.

5-0

Rickety_Syd
12/10/2010, 08:27 AM
Not if he declares this year he's not. NFL will take the bigger bodied guy over him...so he'll go 2nd or 3rd round if he declares this year because AJ Green, Julio Jones, Alshon Jefferey and Justin Blackmon (ofcourse all those guys would need to declare too) would go ahead of him. That doesn't mean he won't be a great pro wr though...I think he will...I see him being like wes welker.

Blackmon will get drafted ahead of Broyles, then he will be added to the list of OSU receiver busts not named Dez Bryant (although it's still early for Bryant).

Hart Lee Dykes.
Rashaun Woods
DeJuan Woods
Adarious Bowman
(This spot reserved for Justin Blackmon)

While Broyles has a long, productive career.

texaspokieokie
12/10/2010, 08:52 AM
osu kicker also won.

Landthief 1972
12/10/2010, 09:06 AM
I found something interesting when they showed the clips of each player before they announced the winner. Blackmon's clips were all basically him doing a juke move, outrunning a bad corner, then catching and trotting into the endzone. Broyles and the kid from the Gamecocks were shown making athletic catches between defenders, over defenders, while diving, etc. and often the play was slowed down to make it more dramatic.

That doesn't necessarily mean Blackmon doesn't deserve the award, but it does highlight the difference between the wideouts and the slot, I guess.

Landthief 1972
12/10/2010, 09:07 AM
osu kicker also won.

Only one more game and he can finally take off those nasty, smelly, fugly shoes of his. :stunned:

texaspokieokie
12/10/2010, 09:13 AM
he's an excellent kicker.

Rickety_Syd
12/10/2010, 11:15 AM
I'm curious as to how the sheep shaggers are going to spin this into their usual orgy of trumped up moral outrage and conspiracy theories.

How come Bradford got more coverage for winning the Heisman than Blackmon got? MEDIA CONSPIRACY IN FAVOR OF THE GOONS! :stunned:

You nailed it, sir.
A post by Pepe Le Poke in a thread on orangepower:

"I clicked on the Sport link on NewsOK.com this morning and then the TulsaWorld.com Sports link...

In one the Headline Story was a good piece revolving around the Army/Navy game and in the other a story about Sam Bradford in the Pro's.

Speaking of Sam Bradford... does anyone else remember clicking the Sports links on those two sites the morning after he won the Davey O'Brien Award in 2008 or the two weeks worth of headlines surrounding his being drafted last year?

Both Blackmon and Bailey have received a lot of Press in both Papers but even a visiting Alien from a different planet couldn't help but note the difference in the coverage.

Perhaps if Blackmon and Bailey would have been Oklahoma High Schoolers like Bradford was...

Oh! Wait a minute...

Never mind. Probably just my imagination."

CrimsonRez
12/10/2010, 11:17 AM
That's okay...We'll just keep racking up All-Americans

CowboyMRW
12/10/2010, 12:39 PM
You nailed it, sir.

"I clicked on the Sport link on NewsOK.com this morning and then the TulsaWorld.com Sports link...

In one the Headline Story was a good piece revolving around the Army/Navy game and in the other a story about Sam Bradford in the Pro's.

Speaking of Sam Bradford... does anyone else remember clicking the Sports links on those two sites the morning after he won the Davey O'Brien Award in 2008 or the two weeks worth of headlines surrounding his being drafted last year?

Both Blackmon and Bailey have received a lot of Press in both Papers but even a visiting Alien from a different planet couldn't help but note the difference in the coverage.

Perhaps if Blackmon and Bailey would have been Oklahoma High Schoolers like Bradford was...

Oh! Wait a minute...

FWIW he's one of the most hated posters on OP.com.

Landthief 1972
12/10/2010, 01:37 PM
he's an excellent kicker.

I never said he wasn't. However, he's been wearing those stank-*** shoes for four years. Even the announcers during the Bedlam game made mention of it. If you want to get really technical, the orange of the shoes isn't even the correct color of orange. The fact that he's so accurate despite the distraction of ugly, bright orange, smelly shoes underneath just shows how good he really is. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2010, 01:44 PM
not gonna go back through this to find out, but somebody labeled adarius bowman a NFL bust...he wasn't a bust...nobody thought he would be a NFL type receiver and he wasn't drafted...

mdklatt
12/11/2010, 12:35 AM

LOL, I knew they'd come through.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=111580

picasso
12/11/2010, 01:00 AM
You nailed it, sir.

Oh! Wait a minute...

Or it could have something to do with winning the POY and the Heisman.
Is this guy really that stupid?