PDA

View Full Version : DADT is here to stay!

SoonerNate
12/9/2010, 05:14 PM
YES!!

http://www.fvsports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153975

The Senate on Thursday rejected a Democratic bid to open debate on repealing the "don't ask, don't tell" policy banning openly gay and lesbian soldiers from military service, possibly killing any chance for it to get passed in the current congressional session.

So this lame duck session is now 0-3. LMFAO

3rdgensooner
12/9/2010, 05:16 PM
I won't ask you then.

2121Sooner
12/9/2010, 05:18 PM
Is that a grenade in your pants..............or are you just happy to see me?

virginiasooner
12/9/2010, 05:18 PM
It is WRONG to deny people, especially people with desperately needed skills (like speaking ARABIC) the ability to serve their country.

Jammin'
12/9/2010, 05:26 PM
It is WRONG to deny people, especially people with desperately needed skills (like speaking ARABIC) the ability to serve their country.

Part of our government is saying it's "WRONGER" to be gay.

Condescending Sooner
12/9/2010, 06:08 PM

Nobody is denying them anything. Just don't go around blabbing about your love life and you are fine.

OnlyOneOklahoma
12/9/2010, 06:13 PM
Nobody is denying them anything. Just don't go around blabbing about your love life and you are fine.

do you find it hypocritical that we do so many things in the name of "honor" but ask our soldiers to lie?

An honorable nation would want a honorable fighting force and the same people who agree with DADT will say that lying is dishonorable.

Jammin'
12/9/2010, 06:20 PM
do you find it hypocritical that we do so many things in the name of "honor" but ask our soldiers to lie?

An honorable nation would want a honorable fighting force and the same people who agree with DADT will say that lying is dishonorable.

I missed when this "honorable nation" got a vote on the matter?

badger
12/9/2010, 06:21 PM
The Democrats will remember their supermajority as a time of inaction and lack of focus.

All because they were determined to push through Obamacare... not that health care is a bad thing, mind you. I have uninsured friends that could really use the help getting insurance. But, they took SOOOOO much time on that one thing that getting people back to work, getting out of the recession, getting DADT repealed...every HOPE for CHANGE that Democratic voters were holding out for as soon as Democrats had the presidency, House and Senate... nothing.

And now, Obamacare is getting opt outs across the county, so like I said, inaction and lack of focus. It's sad, really. I'm not a Democratic voter, but I still didn't want them to get nothing out of their time in the supermajority. We all suffer now because of it

OnlyOneOklahoma
12/9/2010, 06:27 PM
I missed when this "honorable nation" got a vote on the matter?

What is your point?

OnlyOneOklahoma
12/9/2010, 06:29 PM
I said on Tuesday after the compromise was made that Obama would not get anything done. Especially DADT.

Can't he issue an executive order?

Caboose
12/9/2010, 06:30 PM

What does DADT have to do with lying?

Boarder
12/9/2010, 07:57 PM
The Democrats will remember their supermajority as a time of inaction and lack of focus.

All because they were determined to push through Obamacare... not that health care is a bad thing, mind you. I have uninsured friends that could really use the help getting insurance. But, they took SOOOOO much time on that one thing that getting people back to work, getting out of the recession, getting DADT repealed...every HOPE for CHANGE that Democratic voters were holding out for as soon as Democrats had the presidency, House and Senate... nothing.

And now, Obamacare is getting opt outs across the county, so like I said, inaction and lack of focus. It's sad, really. I'm not a Democratic voter, but I still didn't want them to get nothing out of their time in the supermajority. We all suffer now because of it
Repealing DADT would take about 10 minutes.

soonercruiser
12/9/2010, 09:10 PM

DUH!
Gay individuals HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO SERVE IN THE MILITARY!
I was there 29 years, and worked with and commanded many.
The big deal is.... service to the country and disciplined behavior comes first in the military.
Openly gay behavior is detrimental to good military discipline!
No hand holding in uniform; no gay parades on base; no gay pride military holiday! We had enough people throwing the race card around just to get an advantage, or avoid disciplinary action.

3 of the 4 military branch chiefs say no, not at this time - to Obama and Gates. Hopefully the executives will "listen to their Generals"!
Get over it!

SoonerNate
12/9/2010, 09:11 PM
I said on Tuesday after the compromise was made that Obama would not get anything done. Especially DADT.

Can't he issue an executive order?

No. It's established as the law of the land.

soonercruiser
12/9/2010, 09:14 PM
What does DADT have to do with lying?

It's like having good discipline an not openly admit that you are openly a bigot!

JUST SHUT UP AND SERVE THE COUNTRY - NOT SERVING YOURSELF!

bigfatjerk
12/9/2010, 09:18 PM
I disagree with DADT because I think sex has nothing to do with the military. I don't know why anyone would need any law about the sexual preference of the military. If you happen to be gay or straight serving in the military who gives a flip?

Penguin
12/9/2010, 09:46 PM
DADT is here to stay!

Hooray? Was this a big deal for you?

SanJoaquinSooner
12/9/2010, 10:06 PM
DUH!
Gay individuals HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO SERVE IN THE MILITARY!
I was there 29 years, and worked with and commanded many.
The big deal is.... service to the country and disciplined behavior comes first in the military.
Openly gay behavior is detrimental to good military discipline!No hand holding in uniform; no gay parades on base; no gay pride military holioday! WE had enough people throwing the race card around just to get an advantage, or avoid disciplinary action.

3 of the 4 military branch chiefs say no, not at this time - to Obama and Gates. Hopefully the executives will "listen to their Generals"!
Get over it!

I don't believe openly gay behavior is the issue. Orientation and behavior are different. One can be oriented one way sexually and abstain from behavior. Most elementary school teachers, for example, are likely heterosexual, but do not display openly heterosexual behavior at work. They could be fired for that.

bigfatjerk
12/9/2010, 10:18 PM
I don't believe openly gay behavior is the issue. Orientation and behavior are different. One can be oriented one way sexually and abstain from behavior. Most elementary school teachers, for example, are likely heterosexual, but do not display openly heterosexual behavior at work. They could be fired for that.

This is an issue that I agree more with the liberal side with. In a free society we shouldn't give a rats *** about sexual preference in any job unless they try and commit a crime because of it.

MR2-Sooner86
12/9/2010, 10:36 PM
I don't care if they're gay, straight, bisexual, or love farm animals. If they're willing to risk their life defending their country, let them. Period. End of discussion.

SoonerNate
12/9/2010, 10:45 PM
Hooray? Was this a big deal for you?

As a fan of our military, yes. We need soldiers not a bunch of side bs.

sooner ngintunr
12/9/2010, 10:55 PM
As a fan of our military, yes. We need soldiers not a bunch of side bs.
:rolleyes:

I guess we shouldn't have any allies either, since a large majority of ours let homosexuals serve openly.

We have no problem going to war side by side with another countries gays, but it would somehow be un-american to send our own volunteers to war.

Equal rights seem to be problem once again in this country. It's kind of sad.

Jammin'
12/10/2010, 09:37 AM
What is your point?

I have to have a point?

This place may not be what I thought it was. I blame The.

R@bidred
12/10/2010, 10:20 AM

I guess we shouldn't have any allies either, since a large majority of ours let homosexuals serve openly.

We have no problem going to war side by side with another countries gays, but it would somehow be un-american to send our own volunteers to war.

Most other countries throw their skirts up in the air when it comes to fighting.:D

soonercruiser
12/10/2010, 11:19 PM

Name those countries!
Most are Western Europe, aren't they?
How effect have those other countries been on keeping peace around the world, or responding to natural disasters? Stopped Saddam Hussein, did they??
Stopped the killing in Bosnia and Herzegovina?

Sure, other countries have gays serving openly.
But, there is no other military even close to the U.S. Military!
I really get sick of the liberals who want us to be like the "has been" European countries.

sooner ngintunr
12/10/2010, 11:25 PM
Name those countries!
Most are Western Europe, aren't they?
How effect have those other countries been on keeping peace around the world, or responding to natural disasters? Stopped Saddam Hussein, did they??
Stopped the killing in Bosnia and Herzegovina?

Sure, other countries have gays serving openly.
But, there is no other military even close to the U.S. Military!
I really get sick of the liberals who want us to be like the "has been" European countries.

Nah, its pretty much only the muslim countries that dont allow gays in the military.

As far as the rest of your post, take a history class or two and get back to me.