PDA

View Full Version : Chumlee

StoopTroup
12/9/2010, 01:34 PM
This dude cracks me up....

If any of you haven't watched Pawn Stars enough to see the Chumster....you are missing one of Vegas's newest Main Attractions IMO. Sometimes this guy surprises the **** out of the guys at the Pawn Shop and some of his one liners are classic IMO. I'm not sure anyone could act like this and not be legit.

DVR it and watch a few episodes...I'm sure you'll see what I'm saying.

http://bmj2k.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/chumlee.jpg

Sooner_Havok
12/9/2010, 01:45 PM
You just want a Chuma Colada.

StoopTroup
12/9/2010, 01:49 PM
Like I said....The Dude ain't as dumb as he acts though....

rtc7XJdFiE4&feature=related

waynepayne
12/9/2010, 01:49 PM
I watched it two nights ago for the first time when they were buying an old PacMan Arcade and that fatboy had on the douchiest pair of sunglasses I have EVER seen on a dude.

Jammin'
12/9/2010, 02:00 PM
Like I said....The Dude ain't as dumb as he acts though....

rtc7XJdFiE4&feature=related

I love Pawn Stars and Chum is funny, but I'm pretty sure after watching that <2 min video I could now test gold too. Not sure it proves your point about his level of intelligence. (but it might yours?)

yermom
12/9/2010, 02:05 PM
that place is a total letdown in person :mad:

oumartin
12/9/2010, 02:09 PM
that place is a total letdown in person :mad:

It is isn't it. I was expecting some massive place and it's just an ordinary hole in the wall pawn shop. pretty small too.

I did happen to be there while they were filming though

Fraggle145
12/9/2010, 02:09 PM
I like Chumlee.

yermom
12/9/2010, 02:10 PM
i happened to be there when they were shuffling us through like cattle, and it seemed like the only business going on at the time was selling crap with Chumlee and the old man's pictures on them

GKeeper316
12/9/2010, 02:11 PM
i watched the other night when some dude took a rembrandt in there and only got 1500 bucks for it... a rembrandt ffs!!!

dont take **** like that to a pawn shop, even if it is a high end pawn shop. they need to be contacting an auctioneer.

gernblansten
12/9/2010, 02:22 PM
I'm guessing Chumlee requires a script and roughly 10 takes to get any segment involving him filmed.

StoopTroup
12/9/2010, 02:30 PM
i watched the other night when some dude took a rembrant in there and only got 1500 bucks for it... a rembrant ffs!!!

dont take **** like that to a pawn shop, even if it is a high end pawn shop. they need to be contacting an auctioneer.

That place now has a line of fans outside and they have to have security to ask folks if they are there to pawn, pick-up a pawned item or make a payment. The rest are gawkers / fans of the show. I'm sure after awhile things will calm down and get back closer to normal for their business but right now I think folks that have stuff like that get caught up and make bad deals. In real life if you'd gone in there with a REAL Rembrandt...I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have gotten someone to verify it was even real without coughing up dough for having it looked at. Everyone of those experts are doing that stuff for a reason too.

The place used to be a Pawn Shop....now it's more of a "Road Show" type thing at times IMO.

If someone tells me they bought a Rembrandt at a Garage Sale for 10 bucks and they have bad teeth and look like a meth addict...I'm not sure I'm gonna buy his story anyway. The show does really have some cool stuff float through and some of the stuff you might get conned by gets outed sometimes too. It would be cool to be in that Business for awhile but the amount of folks trying to screw you has to be overwhelming.

jumperstop
12/9/2010, 02:30 PM
i watched the other night when some dude took a rembrant in there and only got 1500 bucks for it... a rembrant ffs!!!

This. Those guys rip people off. Even if the appraiser said 15,000 dollars, they would offer at most 2000. I understand they have to make money, but those stupid people need to skip the middle man. It's a pawn shop not antiques roadshow.

StoopTroup
12/9/2010, 02:34 PM
This. Those guys rip people off. Even if the appraiser said 15,000 dollars, they would offer at most 2000. I understand they have to make money, but those stupid people need to skip the middle man. It's a pawn shop not antiques roadshow.

Yet....the other night the lady with a real Japanese 1960's windup Chimp got 50 more from the Old Man after she told him she'd like to get 100 out of. I'm thinking if it hadn't been on TV...she would have gotten 25-50 from him. That Old Man didn't get to where he was being like that. I bet other Pawn Brokers go out of their mind seeing them do stuff like that.....lol

yermom
12/9/2010, 02:35 PM
well, who is going to go in there and pay $15,000 for a Rembrandt from them?

it's not just about what it's worth, it's about a risk they are taking that they could even sell it

but they have to pay for the building too...

StoopTroup
12/9/2010, 02:39 PM
well, who is going to go in there and pay $15,000 for a Rembrandt from them?

it's not just about what it's worth, it's about a risk they are taking that they could even sell it

but they have to pay for the building too...

That's the thing right there. As you watch the show you hear the four of them argue about money and what they pay for stuff and then once the Old Man or Rick want to fix up a car or an airplane they don't even seem to get an estimate for fixing up the stuff. They make them look like guys who really are just lucky as hell they make the kind of money they do. I'm not sure how much of that would have happened if the TV Deal wasn't on the table. I bet they'll kill each other eventually over the last gold ring in the showcase.....lol

oumartin
12/9/2010, 03:08 PM
Now, Rick Dale; the guy who restores their stuff. That dude has some talent

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 03:11 PM
A Pawn shop is where you take an old TV or guitar you want to get rid of -- not rare antiques, priceless artifacts, etc. You find an auction house for those things.

It astounds me what people try to pawn on that show instead of going to auction.

yermom
12/9/2010, 03:14 PM
dude, it's Vegas.

that's the perfect place for a pawn shop...

3rdgensooner
12/9/2010, 03:15 PM
dude, it's Vegas.

that's the perfect place for a pawn shop...
Yep, they've got slot machines calling their names.

GKeeper316
12/9/2010, 03:20 PM
Yep, they've got slot machines calling their names.

and hookers. don't forget the hookers.

t-bills088
12/9/2010, 03:22 PM
Chum is the man... Sometimes he even actually know about some of the things that are brought into the store.

oumartin
12/9/2010, 03:24 PM
I'll give you 1.50 for that stolen scooter!

3rdgensooner
12/9/2010, 03:26 PM
and hookers. don't forget the hookers.and blow. don't forget the blow.

GKeeper316
12/9/2010, 03:30 PM
and blow. don't forget the blow.

coke n hookers is why god wont let me be rich.

god's an *******.

Veritas
12/9/2010, 03:59 PM
Chum seems like an idiot most of the time...but did you see the episode where some guy brought in some Air Jordans? It's like a switch went on and all of the sudden he was articulate and knowledgable...that dude knows his shoes (and I didn't realize there was something to be known).

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/9/2010, 05:47 PM
Yet....the other night the lady with a real Japanese 1960's windup Chimp got 50 more from the Old Man after she told him she'd like to get 100 out of. I'm thinking if it hadn't been on TV...she would have gotten 25-50 from him. That Old Man didn't get to where he was being like that. I bet other Pawn Brokers go out of their mind seeing them do stuff like that.....lol

This. I couldn't believe Rick gave someone $50 for Bob Dylan's Self Portrait on vinyl, when he openly admitted it had water damage and wasn't a first-pressing. I could walk into at least seven Half Price Books in DFW and probably find that album for $9.99...in better shape.

Now, that being said, I'm sure that was completely a set-up one of my favorite Chum moments...the "Chumlee Meets Bob Dylan" segment. I have zero doubt it was totally staged, but the awkwardness of it all was comedy gold.

Condescending Sooner
12/9/2010, 06:06 PM
Chumlee has to have his one liners written for him. I just can't see him coming up with them on his own.

dwarthog
12/9/2010, 06:25 PM
This show is a classic and Chumlee is quite the character.

The old dude in the Shelby Cobra was a classic....

btk108
12/9/2010, 06:49 PM
Chum seems like an idiot most of the time...but did you see the episode where some guy brought in some Air Jordans? It's like a switch went on and all of the sudden he was articulate and knowledgable...that dude knows his shoes (and I didn't realize there was something to be known).

yep...saw that one...was definitely impressed. I bet he just plays dumb so they don't ask him to do more.

StoopTroup
12/10/2010, 12:49 AM
A Pawn shop is where you take an old TV or guitar you want to get rid of -- not rare antiques, priceless artifacts, etc. You find an auction house for those things.

It astounds me what people try to pawn on that show instead of going to auction.

In Vegas I bet they see quite the most exotic stuff. Folks who gamble can get pretty weird.