PDA

View Full Version : Restraint...

soonerboy_odanorth
12/9/2010, 10:57 AM
We haz it.

I am both very happy about this, but a little bummed too.

To being happy about it we can say, "Look Nebraska, we are 'classy', too!" In fact, I'd say we're on par.

A note on that: I was reading through one of the Husker boards, (I think it was HuskersIllustrated), and there was a post started where someone asked if they could stop calling themselves the self-proclaimed "classiest fans in America". Most agreed every fan base, Huskers included, has their idiots, argued whether they were really "self-proclaimed" or it was the media (agreement on both), and that they in the last 10 years they've lost their ability to politely clap for teams they are drubbing by 60 points... because they've lost their ability to beat teams by 60 points. A couple even noted while they intended to treat guests with general respect and courteousness, they had no intention of going out of their way to be especially "classy".

Anyway, perhaps that dragon has been slayed to a degree, and we can quit hearing about it quite so much. However, caution to NU fans, now you have a reputation that preceeds you. You're going to have to give consideration as to how you are going to represent it in your new conference. You may have to bend over backwards to be "classy", even though you really don't want to. (Note: Don't worry about being classy to Ohio State fans. They are out of their minds and I doubt you'll be treated very politely when you visit Columbus.)

Now, my mild disappointment stems from this: Not even one week removed and already, nothing about OUr championship. Nothing about getting little digs at NU. I'm not talking about over-the-top smack. But just some ribbing, like:

How Big and Red are those buttocks now?

I've always wondered if it it hurts when a door hits you in the butt on the way out. Does it?

We've got a lot of these trophies laying around. You want to borrow a couple to fill up your Big XII historical display so you can show your new Big 10 friends?

That's so nice! I think the "W" you gave us as a going away present is perfect! Hope you like your "L". We think it goes well with that shade of red.

Awww, how thoughtful. You didn't have to surrender the conference to us. We already own it.

And finally....

http://www.wordforge.net/images/smilies/CurlyBill.jpg

Disclaimer: The preceding message disqualifies poster from being considered "restrained" or "classy". Poster acknowledges he has never applied these traits, and so is exempt from giving a FPOMF what little red thinks about it.

CrimsonRez
12/9/2010, 10:58 AM
why you must make too long read??

SoonerNutt
12/9/2010, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure I get the point here.

NormanPride
12/9/2010, 11:47 AM
Classic, sbon. :D

soonerboy_odanorth
12/9/2010, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure I get the point here.

Nobody's goin' "Celebrate good times, c'mon! da da da da da, da da daaaa!". We's Big XII Champs! So let's wish NU well, but whoop it up a little. That's all. Don't read too much into it... even if was a lil' extra readin'...

StoopTroup
12/9/2010, 01:29 PM
I still can't believe how DOOMED we are....

OUthunder
12/9/2010, 01:46 PM
While I hate NU with a passion. There fans are twice as good as ours overall. The majority of our fans in the stands act like they're at the ****ing opera when attending an OU game. NU fans, while being total jerkoffs overall, are loud and will travel to the end of the earth to see there team play a football game.

OU fans are spoiled.

En_Fuego
12/9/2010, 01:47 PM
Why is Curly Bill's picture on here...;)

adoniijahsooner
12/9/2010, 02:03 PM
One thing that bothers me most about our fans (though probably happens everywhere) is all the fighting and hateful words towards one another. A pumper and a critic both care about winning; they just have different views on how to do it.

Sooner_Tuf
12/9/2010, 08:18 PM
While I hate NU with a passion. There fans are twice as good as ours overall. The majority of our fans in the stands act like they're at the ****ing opera when attending an OU game. NU fans, while being total jerkoffs overall, are loud and will travel to the end of the earth to see there team play a football game.

OU fans are spoiled.

You're talking about yourself?

101sooner
12/9/2010, 08:24 PM

OU fans are spoiled.

We ****. What do you want me to do? Paint my face and do jumping jacks when we're up 52-0 over ISU?

AlboSooner
12/9/2010, 08:33 PM
anybody have the cliff notes?

soonerinkaty
12/9/2010, 08:34 PM
**** YES WE BEAT DAT CORNHOLE'n AZZ! WE DAT BEST!! FUK U NU!

85sooners
12/9/2010, 09:30 PM
F the huskers

TUSooner
12/9/2010, 10:22 PM
We haz it.

I am both very happy about this, but a little bummed to.

To being happy about it we can say, "Look Nebraska, we are 'classy', too!" In fact, I'd say we're on par.

A note on that: I was reading through one of the Husker boards, (I think it was HuskersIllustrated), and there was a post started where someone asked if they could stop calling themselves the self-proclaimed "classiest fans in America". Most agreed every fan base, Huskers included, has their idiots, argued whether they were really "self-proclaimed" or it was the media (agreement on both), and that they in the last 10 years they've lost their ability to politely clap for teams they are drubbing by 60 points... because they've lost their ability to beat teams by 60 points. A couple even noted while they intended to treat guests with general respect and courteousness, they had no intention of going out of their way to be especially "classy".

Anyway, perhaps that dragon has been slayed to a degree, and we can quit hearing about it quite so much. However, caution to NU fans, now you have a reputation that preceeds you. You're going to have to give consideration as to how you are going to represent it in your new conference. You may have to bend over backwards to be "classy", even though you really don't want to. (Note: Don't worry about being classy to Ohio State fans. They are out of their minds and I doubt you'll be treated very politely when you visit Columbus.)

Now, my mild disappointment stems from this: Not even one week removed and already, nothing about OUr championship. Nothing about getting little digs at NU. I'm not talking about over-the-top smack. But just some ribbing, like:

How Big and Red are those buttocks now?

I've always wondered if it it hurts when a door hits you in the butt on the way out. Does it?

We've got a lot of these trophies laying around. You want to borrow a couple to fill up your Big XII historical display so you can show your new Big 10 friends?

That's so nice! I think the "W" you gave us as a going away present is perfect! Hope you like your "L". We think it goes well with that shade of red.

Awww, how thoughtful. You didn't have to surrender the conference to us. We already own it.

And finally....

http://www.wordforge.net/images/smilies/CurlyBill.jpg

Disclaimer: The preceding message disqualifies poster from being considered "restrained" or "classy". Poster acknowledges he has never applied these traits, and so is exempt from giving a FPOMF what little red thinks about it.

Children, THAT is why you should pay attention in English class!