PDA

View Full Version : Pelini interested in the U?

OU86
12/9/2010, 09:28 AM
There is an article in today's Miami Herald that says Miami's AD returned from NY yesterday after speaking with potential candidates about their coaching vacancy, including Mullane, Edsall, and Tuberville. It goes on to say he plans to talk with Pelini, who has been granted permission to pursue the job (although it qualifies this by saying he has given mixed signals about his level of interest).

Sorry no link b/c I got this info from an iPhone app for Herald stories about the U and the Herald is a pay site, but I think you can sign up for a free trial at their website or maybe get more info from a Miami bbs (I'm too lazy too check).

TXBOOMER
12/9/2010, 09:30 AM
It would be an easier path to an NC from a conference and great athlete perspective. I don't see those players putting up with Bo's motivational ways though.

achiro
12/9/2010, 09:39 AM
Unless he thinks his job at Nebraska is in trouble he would be stupid to go to Miami. The facilities are crap, no fan support(not like the Huskers), and Nebraska will do very well in their new conference.

royalfan5
12/9/2010, 09:41 AM
The local media up here is fully of denials by Osborne and Pelini. So that probably means Bo will be gone by 3 P.M., and then Stoops to Nebraska.

mgsooner
12/9/2010, 10:06 AM
I don't think Nebraska is entirely happy with Pelini after his antics this season and the way he bungled the Martinez situation.

soonerinabilene
12/9/2010, 10:18 AM
tuberville? man that f*ck up tech even more.

Sooner in Tampa
12/9/2010, 10:21 AM
then Stoops to Nebraska.

You should be BANED....FOREVER!!!!

Sooners78
12/9/2010, 10:22 AM
The local media up here is fully of denials by Osborne and Pelini. So that probably means Bo will be gone by 3 P.M., and then Stoops to Nebraska.

Mike? I could see that.

TUSooner
12/9/2010, 10:43 AM
If Edsall goes, we're doomed in the F Bowl !!!!! :eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek:

SpankyNek
12/9/2010, 11:06 AM
Bill King brought up an interesting point today.

If Pelini goes off on Jacory Harris (Local kid) the way he did Martinez, does he make it to his car alive?

Soonermagik
12/9/2010, 11:16 AM
Mike? I could see that.

Had Mike Stoops not lost his last 4 games he would be at the top of the list for Miami, Nebraska etc.. Maybe even the Florida job.

If Mark Stoops can get Florida State back to a BCS game next year, he will be a head coach at a solid program in the next few years.

SoonerLB
12/9/2010, 11:16 AM
Why anyone would consider the Miami job a good one is beyond me.

Soonermagik
12/9/2010, 11:17 AM

I think it's a private school with like 6 or 7k students. The real problem at Miami is drawing a big enough crowd for the non-marquee games. They should have never fired Coker.

85sooners
12/9/2010, 11:39 AM
:gary:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/9/2010, 11:51 AM
Why anyone would consider the Miami job a good one is beyond me.Recruiting to play there can't be too difficult, especially with FU now in disarray.

Half a Hundred
12/9/2010, 12:07 PM

1. Huge recruiting base
2. Weak conference = easy path to the BCS/MNC
3. Winning tradition without a huge fanbase means less of having to hear what Cletus from Ocala has to say about the offensive scheme
4. Private school makes the situation much more stable
5. Did I mention the huge recruiting base?
6. Miami is a powerful brand name - people who aren't necessarily fans still buy products because they like the U logo, and like it or not, that helps with recruiting

Now, it's not the OU, USC or even Ohio State job, but it has definite upsides

NormanPride
12/9/2010, 12:23 PM
Huge recruiting base that is recruited by everyone and their grandmother.
Terrible facilities and no fan support.
Terrible fans that bitch about everything and are horrible thugs.
Terrible image no matter what they do.
Dwindling brand name as other schools in the area become bigger draws (South Florida, etc)

It's a bad job, and all the coaches know it.

royalfan5
12/9/2010, 01:17 PM
Huge recruiting base that is recruited by everyone and their grandmother.
Terrible facilities and no fan support.
Terrible fans that bitch about everything and are horrible thugs.
Terrible image no matter what they do.
Dwindling brand name as other schools in the area become bigger draws (South Florida, etc)

It's a bad job, and all the coaches know it.

Clearly spoken by someone who doesn't have to live around Nebraska fans.

12/9/2010, 01:35 PM
Clearly spoken by someone who doesn't have to live around Nebraska fans.I hear Callenberger would like to return to Nebbish, and has promised to do things "differently".

OklahomaTuba
12/9/2010, 02:33 PM
Bo might as well leave, as the bugeaters are now nothing more than a 2nd tier big 10 program.

NormanPride
12/9/2010, 02:43 PM
Clearly spoken by someone who doesn't have to live around Nebraska fans.

Yup, I bet it's all of this:

"They've won a championship more recently than us!"
"It's easier to win there!" (wrong)
"They have better recruits in Florida!" (wrong)
"They'll be able to pay him more!" (wrong)
"He'll get more publicity by being on the east coast!"

Sad...

LiveLaughLove
12/9/2010, 02:47 PM
They have won several NCs with that lack of fanbase and lack of facilities.

They have beaches with women in thong bikini's in December.

They have profesisional calibure golf courses all over.

They have a HUGE recruiting base.

It's big time, no doubt about it.

I know where I would rather coach between Nebraska and Miami.

12/9/2010, 02:50 PM
They have won several NCs with that lack of fanbase and lack of facilities.

They have beaches with women in thong bikini's in December.

They have profesisional calibure golf courses all over.

They have a HUGE recruiting base.

It's big time, no doubt about it.

I know where I would rather coach between Nebraska and Miami.If they didn't have a pro team to compete, it would be as good a setup as usuc.

royalfan5
12/9/2010, 02:52 PM
Yup, I bet it's all of this:

"They've won a championship more recently than us!"
"It's easier to win there!" (wrong)
"They have better recruits in Florida!" (wrong)
"They'll be able to pay him more!" (wrong)
"He'll get more publicity by being on the east coast!"

Sad...

Nebraska can easily out pay the U, it's just that dealing with delusional Nebraska fans can get old in a hurry.

the_edge
12/9/2010, 05:10 PM
"The U" is just a farm team for the Florida Department of Corrections.

OUthunder
12/9/2010, 05:56 PM
"The U" is just a farm team for the Florida Department of Corrections.

The Longest Yard U

pappy
12/9/2010, 08:41 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-nebraska-pelini

3DSooner
12/9/2010, 09:16 PM
Miami is a third tier program.
That ship has sailed!
Oh wait, a ship?
Maybe Mike Leach?

SoonerMom2
12/9/2010, 10:05 PM
Been driving through Kansas late this afternoon on the way to Denver from Norman and have cracked up at the NE fans on the radio. They cannot believe a coach would even look at someplace other than NE and then they throw in Stoops to FL. Some Soonerfan driving through called in and said there is no way Stoops would go to FL -- keeps turning it down and the idiot radio host sounding like The Sports Animal disagrees and says he bets he goes to Florida. Reminded me of Blevins and his percentage that Stoops was going to FL the othere year! :)

boomermagic
12/10/2010, 10:24 AM
There is an article in today's Miami Herald that says Miami's AD returned from NY yesterday after speaking with potential candidates about their coaching vacancy, including Mullane, Edsall, and Tuberville. It goes on to say he plans to talk with Pelini, who has been granted permission to pursue the job (although it qualifies this by saying he has given mixed signals about his level of interest).

Sorry no link b/c I got this info from an iPhone app for Herald stories about the U and the Herald is a pay site, but I think you can sign up for a free trial at their website or maybe get more info from a Miami bbs (I'm too lazy too check).

Just heard on sports center that Osbone said he DID NOT give Bo permission to talk to miami..

12/10/2010, 11:41 AM
Just heard on sports center that Osbone said he DID NOT give Bo permission to talk to miami..Wow, can Bo text the U, or email?