PDA

View Full Version : Stoops not even in the Top 10 in this Gator poll:

wishbonesooner
12/9/2010, 08:02 AM
http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=177945

Not sure where all the Stoops is the top choice stuff is coming from.

TheLadiesMike
12/9/2010, 08:12 AM
I have the 10 most reasonable names I could think of listed.
Last edited by exiledgator; Yesterday at 05:15 PM. Reason: Adding top write-in candidate: Stoops

The list is made by the one poster and the edit refers to Stoops being the top write in choice.

Soonermagik
12/9/2010, 08:20 AM
Probably because they feel getting him in unrealistic. He's turned down Florida twice. It would be hard for Stoops to walk away from OU. He has a potential national championship team next year. He's building a mega mansion. On top of that, his kids and wife have lived here forever.

If Florida wanted Stoops that bad they would have to offer him a lot more money than he's making now. It's kind of a lateral move. In fact, it may be a step backwards at least temporarily. Florida is going to be down for a few more years, IMHO. That's the real reason Meyer is leaving. Meyer can't handle losing and watching his winning percentage slip like it has. He even said Florida would have to be rebuilt.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/9/2010, 08:44 AM
Let's put it this way, if Stoops has turned down Florida twice, ND, and a host of other jobs, he ain't going anywhere. I am not even a least bit concerned on this one. It cracks me up people keep thinking he will leave OU. I don't understand why because OU is a destination gig in football, not a stepping stone job.

I nominate Mike Gundy for Florida though!

DenverSooner751
12/9/2010, 09:24 AM
Well, for starters this is a fan poll....so....irrelevant. Fans have no impact on who the University targets. That being said, the speculations are fun and I thoroughly enjoy that nobody is mentioning Bob for once.

TXBOOMER
12/9/2010, 09:27 AM
Stoops has the top job in the Country. Fuq Florida!

rekamrettuB
12/9/2010, 09:40 AM
I have the 10 most reasonable names I could think of listed.

Most reasonable is why Stoops isn't in there. I mean my top 10 list, without using the term reasonable, would have Stoops, Billichek, Cowher, Lombardi, Jimmy Johnson, etc.

KantoSooner
12/9/2010, 09:57 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that the Affaire Cam Newton is likely to open the closet door in the SEC? Florida has seemed out of control for at least several years. Perhaps Meyer wanted out before he had to deal with investigation?

dwarthog
12/9/2010, 10:42 AM
Stoops has the top job in the Country. Fuq Florida!

Amen brother!

3rdgensooner
12/9/2010, 10:50 AM
LEAVE STOOPSIE ALONE!!!

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/16/original/leave-britney-alone-02.jpg

catsigater
12/9/2010, 01:03 PM
Stoops is a fine coach, but we don't want him.