PDA

View Full Version : Mark Richt to the "U"

soonerfromgeorgia
12/9/2010, 06:56 AM
He played QB there and he is wearing thin at UGA with his 7 win seasons. Georgia has the mind set that they have always been a top tier team, but if you look at their records in the last 25-30 years you'll see that the dawgs are 2nd tier at best.

Georgia will go after Muschamp with the back-up plan of Kirby Smart.

soonercastor
12/9/2010, 07:29 AM
Heard they interviewed Bo Pelini

Soonermagik
12/9/2010, 08:24 AM
Richt was on the hot seat at Georgia earlier this year. I think Miami wants a proven winner, not a mediocre talent. They fired Shannon, because they wanted to be in BCS games.

I would think Miami would look at a Chris Peterson or Gary Patterson. A guy who has won at his program with lesser talent for several years. Remember, Urban Meyer came from Utah, so other teams think they can find the next Meyer. Heck, Peterson could be the next Meyer. I could see them going with a Pelini too. It's obvious that Miami wants to be in big games quickly. Whoever takes the job is going to be under a lot of pressure to be at the top rather quickly.

SoonerSpock
12/9/2010, 08:46 AM
The difficulty being successful at Miami now is the resurgence of FSU under Jimbo Fisher and the position of Florida as a SEC member. Add to their poor facilities, remote football stadium, lousy attendance at games/game day atmosphere and higher academic requirements and it is going to be difficult at best for the Canes to replicate their success of the eighties, nineties and early 2000's. Local talent and tradition are Miami pluses but they are probably over time the 3rd best program in the state.

Given the situation at the two schools Pelini has a better job

OUthunder
12/9/2010, 08:48 AM
As long as they continue to suck, I don't really care. I say they go after Mike Leach. A pirate leading a bunch of thugs. Sounds like a good match to me.

AlbqSooner
12/9/2010, 08:52 AM
Deer lowered. Leach putting a Liberty City recruit in a shed? Ohhhh the pain.