PDA

View Full Version : Anyone brought up the fact that...

Collier11
12/9/2010, 12:03 AM
Not only did Kenney play great, he played great against the #1 DB in the nation. I just watched the highlights and every one of Kenneys catches was on Amakamura, coming into the game the guy had allowed 13 catches all year and Kenney had 6 on him alone

soonerinkaty
12/9/2010, 12:04 AM
HERO STATUS.

Collier11
12/9/2010, 12:04 AM
Hey STEP, if he shows more consistency catching the ball, will his speed and blocking give him a shot in the NFL?

SpankyNek
12/9/2010, 12:12 AM
Cameron Kenney will be drafted, IMO. He has raw numbers that will have him sitting pretty at the combine.

We have had some pretty good receivers not make final cuts, but very few went undrafted.

The fact that he has only played football for 5 years is also an interesting thing to look at from a coachability/potential growth angle.

Okie35
12/9/2010, 02:15 AM
I just brought this up in another thread. Spanky I agree he'll probably get drafted late, if not he'll make his way on a roster. He was a high recruit coming out of Juco. He hasn't done too bad in a Sooners uni either :cool:

SoonerDood
12/9/2010, 07:39 AM
it's easy to be a shutdown corner when you hold like Ty Law.

madillsoonerfan5353
12/9/2010, 08:50 AM
Yeah Kenney must of not had a pre game meal, cause he ate Amakamura's lunch ALL NITE LONG!! :D BOOMER! I think if RB85 was healthy we would of beat them by 2 tds?

:gary:

Lawton4Life
12/9/2010, 09:57 AM
A lot of teams didnt even THROW at Prince. I'm glad we went at him. The risk is worth the reward. If you give up on half of the field, you severely limit your options. Congrats to Kenny for making the catches and for KW and LJ not being afraid of what could happen and just telling the guys to execute.

rekamrettuB
12/9/2010, 10:14 AM
OU went after Prince all night it seemed. A lot of those were Kenney. Nebraska had a good plan which was put the other corner on Broyles, which they thought he could contain him...and he did for a bit. Put Prince on the number 2 and hope they throw the check downs to them. Unfortunately for them Prince either had a bad game or the other receivers played great. Probably a little of both.

My Opinion Matters
12/9/2010, 10:18 AM
Prince Amukamara is a fraud. I don't just mean as a football player, he's not even really royalty. FRAUD.

badger
12/9/2010, 10:20 AM
Prince proved to be overrated... or perhaps he just had an off-game in the biggest game of his life. Either/or

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2010, 11:58 AM
NU bases their pass defense on press coverage and knocking receivers off their routes to mess up timing. Kenney was too strong for this approach to work (as was Blackmon in the OSU game). Kenney has looked like a different guy since getting his starting job back the last few games. He exudes confidence.

NormanPride
12/9/2010, 12:17 PM
Easy to be the best corner when you get to do whatever you want. He was really good at shoving Broyles to the ground in front of the refs, but not very good at covering WRs across the middle. Or the sidelines.

Or deep.

Collier11
12/9/2010, 12:31 PM
Yea, I am still in shock that wasnt called, unbelievable

MyT Oklahoma
12/9/2010, 01:04 PM
I just brought this up in another thread. Spanky I agree he'll probably get drafted late, if not he'll make his way on a roster. He was a high recruit coming out of Juco. He hasn't done too bad in a Sooners uni either :cool:

Way to go Cam. Way to go.

P.S. Garden City Community College << just down the road from Cimarron.

Fugue
12/9/2010, 01:11 PM
Cam has always been wide open. Speed and routes were never the problem and I think that is why he kept getting chances. I'm so glad he figured out the drops, I just wish for his sake it would have happened sooner.

PalmBeachSooner
12/9/2010, 03:12 PM
Easy to be the best corner when you get to do whatever you want. He was really good at shoving Broyles to the ground in front of the refs, but not very good at covering WRs across the middle. Or the sidelines.

Or deep.

You can beat the hell out of a WR as long as the ball isn't in the air or you don't hold.

oumartin
12/9/2010, 03:14 PM
You can beat the hell out of a WR as long as the ball isn't in the air or you don't hold.

within 5 yards of the LOS and you can't put your hands up in their grill like Princess does.

85sooners
12/9/2010, 04:28 PM
:gary:

unbiasedtruth
12/9/2010, 08:52 PM
the best catch he made was on a 3 and 14-17. Cam caught the ball coming across the middle about 8-9 off the line of scrimmage. Prince tried to grab Cam and kinda spun him around where Cam was facing backwards and Prince then tried stripping the ball. Cam carried him another 5-6 yards and damn near made the 1st down. He was about a yard to short..... and I agree, Cam made Prince his personal Princess Saturday night.

Jmorales22
12/9/2010, 09:01 PM
Cam Kenney has always had the tools. The thing with him was mental. Nice to see him play so well. I guess Dejuan Miller wasn't that big of a loss, eh?

Prince Amukumara = overrated.