PDA

View Full Version : College Football's Biggest Party?

OUthunder
12/8/2010, 11:43 PM
Ok, someone in the know or who's been to this thing at the Fiesta, please give me the details. The most important question however...is there booze?

sooner59
12/9/2010, 01:19 AM
I have been, but I am trying to remember about the booze. I seem to recall booze but I don't know if they were selling it or if people brought their own. I remember the mobile jumbotron tvs to watch the Rose Bowl and stuff. I remember a boxing ring with people duking it out. I remember lots of food.

My advice....don't get excited. Not that great when I went. It wasn't great for what we paid to get in. Pretty boring. If there is nothing else to do you could hit it up. But I believe not far from the stadium there are restaurants and bars and stuff. I would do that instead.

Just my two cents. And the New Years Block Party in Tempe is pretty ghey as well. I say do your own thing if you want to booze it up and have a good time.

proudsoonergal
12/9/2010, 01:34 AM
It was meh. Not really worth it, in my opinion.

cantwait48
12/9/2010, 01:57 AM
is there poon?

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 02:03 AM
is there poon?

You, sir, are clearly a deep romantic. I tip my hat to you.

sooner59
12/9/2010, 02:18 AM
is there poon?

When I went, this was the poon from the other side:

http://www.fpcpca.net/image/detail/20376.jpg

And this was the poon from the OU side:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/kos102/2009/Gators/sooner-girls-2.jpg

But then again....you can hit on OUr fans any game. Here is what to expect from Uconn poon:

http://mansfield.htnp.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/fans11.jpg

cantwait48
12/9/2010, 02:25 AM
any of those will work, and yes I am deeply romantic

sooner59
12/9/2010, 02:31 AM
Then all I have to say is have at it, and wear a raincoat.

Collier11
12/9/2010, 02:42 AM
Went, it sucked. I would go to Phoenix or Scottsdale to party

Collier11
12/9/2010, 02:45 AM
My advice....don't get excited. Not that great when I went. It wasn't great for what we paid to get in. Pretty boring. If there is nothing else to do you could hit it up. But I believe not far from the stadium there are restaurants and bars and stuff. I would do that instead.

There is a Fox Sports Grill or something of that nature not far from the Stadium, it is decent. Also a small strip mall thing

Just my two cents. And the New Years Block Party in Tempe is pretty ghey as well. I say do your own thing if you want to booze it up and have a good time.

NYE Block party was lame as hell, btw, if you go out to Tempe (where we went) for NYE, get there early. If you dont, the restaurants and good clubs/bars will be packed

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 02:49 AM
Then all I have to say is have at it, and wear a raincoat.

...or else risk having an international warrant issued for your arrest.

sooner59
12/9/2010, 02:54 AM
For those of you wanting a nice place to stay, Tapatio Cliffs or whatever was cool when we went. It was nice, multiple restaurants, heated pools, up in the mountains. It was nice.

Harry Beanbag
12/9/2010, 09:04 AM
They serve beer in the stadium. They are around $19 a piece, but it is there.

The stadium is also about 30 miles too far west. Glendale, Peoria, and the entire west side of the Valley are crime ridden **** holes.

MamaMia
12/9/2010, 09:16 AM
When I went, they had a HUGE tailgate for everyone right before the game on the premises and yes, there is booze. You can also bring your own. Lots of fun.

SoonerMom2
12/9/2010, 09:57 AM
When I went, they had a HUGE tailgate for everyone right before the game on the premises and yes, there is booze. You can also bring your own. Lots of fun.

Thanks -- I ordered tickets for the event as it sounded like fun. Appreciate your perspective! :)

Sooners78
12/9/2010, 10:25 AM

But then again....you can hit on OUr fans any game. Here is what to expect from Uconn poon:

Are those UCONN's bleachers?:eek:

...sooner
12/9/2010, 11:59 AM
i had a blast when i went. weather was nice but my friend i went with had also lived in arizona for like a year so she knew what to do. everyone is in love with in & out burger.. so maybe check that out for fast food if youre in a hurryy!

Collier11
12/9/2010, 12:01 PM
FYI, cabs dont go to the downtown NYE party, we learned the hard way

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/9/2010, 12:13 PM
... an international warrant issued for your arrest.Holy Smokes. Are we already the UNofA?

texas bandman
12/9/2010, 12:14 PM
went to the '07 Fiesta Bowl. College fooball's biggest party was OK, but nothing spectacular. The New Year's Eve party in Tempe was okay, but crowded. Got to see both bands (Potato State has the world's worst band!) We did find a bar with reasonably priced beer so I was happy. It was a good time, but I think every man, woman and child from Idaho was in Tempe...we were vastly outnumbered (it was Boise State's first BCS game and their fans really showed up for the "historic" game.) It was a nice place to visit.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/9/2010, 12:22 PM
If you want tickets to "College Football's Biggest Party", they are $20.00. It's on from 12:30-5:30 PHX time, at the Glendale Youth Sports Complex, which is adjacent to the stadium. Phone 480-350-0911, or online at fiestabowl.org.

Includes a "plated meal" and a Tostitos Sampling Platter. The marching bands will perform, and there is a variety of food and beverage booths.

StoopTroup
12/9/2010, 12:53 PM
Mmmmmmm.......marching bands....

That's hawt.

OUthunder
12/9/2010, 01:41 PM
Mmmmmmm.......marching bands....

That's hawt.

I'd rather see chicks mud wrestling.

OUthunder
12/9/2010, 01:43 PM
Well, it's only $20 so what the hell. We'll go, see what's up and if it's lame, head to a bar or restaurant and get lathered up for the game.

BTW, there is no way in hell that I'm paying $19 for a brewsky inside the stadium like another posted.

sooner59
12/9/2010, 01:59 PM
I just remembered that when we played WV, we hit up the New Years Party right by the stadium. I believe the area was called Eastgate or something like that. It was in an area with a bunch of restaurants and bars and stuff. They had a stage and bands playing, lighted fountains (think tiny version of the Bellagio) and a two story ice luge for liquor shots shaped like a martini glass over by Margaritaville. LOTS of booze at this party. Not bad.

Collier11
12/9/2010, 02:00 PM
Yep, all of that was there. Its extremely crowded though

aj44mc
12/9/2010, 02:07 PM
They serve beer in the stadium. They are around $19 a piece, but it is there.

The stadium is also about 30 miles too far west. Glendale, Peoria, and the entire west side of the Valley are crime ridden **** holes.

Wow! it is a great place if you don't like it here then stay in your own side of the Valley.

Collier11
12/9/2010, 02:45 PM
Cry me a river...

SpankyNek
12/9/2010, 02:50 PM
Cry me a river...

..of Grey Goose poured down a 2 story Ice Luge, please.

PalmBeachSooner
12/9/2010, 03:19 PM

That's funny...'cause when the UCONN women's basketball team was here in San Antonio for the final four their fans were either AARP members or lesbians. True story.

MamaMia
12/9/2010, 03:27 PM
My father, a horn, always thought we had the prettiest women in right here in Oklahoma,,,percentage wise. Of course what else would he say when he knew his daughter was a Sooner. :D

mingobee
12/9/2010, 09:06 PM
Yes, unfortunately they sell booze at the game. I say that because we had an early morning flight to Vegas the next morning and you would have thought that every beer at the game would be the last of our life. We had a grand time, well, up until that trick play and getting beat. I think beer was $5-$6 in the stadium and we brought beer and tailgated before.

SC Sooner
12/10/2010, 08:07 AM
The better party is in the Westgate Shopping Center, which is just to the north of the Stadium.

texaspokieokie
12/10/2010, 09:47 AM
don't forget your birth certificate.

PLaw
12/10/2010, 10:49 AM
I had a VIP pass to a sponsors tent at it when we played Boise - I certainly wouldn't lay out any coin for it.

Just my two cents

BOOMER

sooner59
12/10/2010, 12:23 PM
The better party is in the Westgate Shopping Center, which is just to the north of the Stadium.

Yep, that was the one I went to when we played WV. Much better.

Sooner_Tuf
12/10/2010, 01:32 PM
Are those UCONN's bleachers?:eek:

The first row is, the other two rows were brought in for the Big East Championship Game. You know how it is. You put a good product on the field and you can't have enough room for the bandwagoners.