PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to 1984

Blue
12/8/2010, 04:37 AM
or Nazi Germany. Whatever.

Big Sis...aka Big Nazi Dyke wants you to report on any suspicious activity at your local Wal Mart!

You're the enemy. Not Muslim extremists. You.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40552073/ns/us_news-security/

dwarthog
12/8/2010, 08:00 AM
Done....

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

crawfish
12/8/2010, 08:18 AM
I saw a huge group of terrorists who seem determined to eat all of America's food and starve us to death.

birddog
12/8/2010, 08:33 AM
saw a band of mullet-wielding evildoers on aisle 16.

olevetonahill
12/8/2010, 08:35 AM
Aint Most peoples that go to wally wurld suspicious looking anyway?

The
12/8/2010, 09:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qQWHY.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
12/8/2010, 09:26 AM
Man, if I were a shoplifter I'd stay away from Walmart.

Target shareholders must be fuming.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/8/2010, 09:32 AM
or Nazi Germany. Whatever.

Big Sis...aka Big Nazi Dyke wants you to report on any suspicious activity at your local Wal Mart!

You're the enemy. Not Muslim extremists. You.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40552073/ns/us_news-security/

This post has been reported to the proper authorities.

OklahomaTuba
12/8/2010, 09:43 AM
does [email protected] still work?

VeeJay
12/8/2010, 08:45 PM
On the one hand we ain't supposed to profile. Janet is asking the lowest socio-economic category known in U.S. consumerism to report suspicious activity.

Is Joe Bob gonna report Billy Ray for testing out a new 12 gauge?

Or is al Qaeda buying bomb making stuff in teh Wal-marts?

What's Janet's thinking here?

Blue
12/8/2010, 09:13 PM
I'm more offended I would have to look at her ugly mug everywhere I go.

Seriously, I find it funny the govt wants to pat folks down, have them snitch on each other, etc..but when some dude in Europe exposes some of their dirty little secrets, they imprison him for not wearing a rubber.

Strange Times.

GottaHavePride
12/8/2010, 10:50 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3552/3862382389_680d67017a_o.jpg

AlboSooner
12/8/2010, 11:02 PM
anything, just anything to stay safe. they can put cameras into my house, but please I want to feel safe.

sooneron
12/8/2010, 11:21 PM
BFD. "If you see something..." has been my reality for about 8 years now.

Boarder
12/8/2010, 11:24 PM
Cool.

http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/V/van_halen_1984f.jpg

I always liked "Top Jimmy".

Blue
12/9/2010, 01:32 AM

Do you have this Max Headroom Biiatch telling you this everywhere you go on a bigscreen?

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 02:04 AM
I'm more offended I would have to look at her ugly mug everywhere I go.

Seriously, I find it funny the govt wants to pat folks down, have them snitch on each other, etc..but when some dude in Europe exposes some of their dirty little secrets, they imprison him for not wearing a rubber.

Strange Times.

If by strange times you mean the ever-increasing fascistic nature of our government then, no, not strange times at all. Things have been trending this way for a very very long time.

Leroy Lizard
12/9/2010, 02:27 AM
On the one hand we ain't supposed to profile. Janet is asking the lowest socio-economic category known in U.S. consumerism to report suspicious activity.

Is Joe Bob gonna report Billy Ray for testing out a new 12 gauge?

Or is al Qaeda buying bomb making stuff in teh Wal-marts?

What's Janet's thinking here?

"Yes, can you show me where I can find the apples? Oh, and where do you keep the razor blades?"

Blue
12/9/2010, 02:35 AM
If by strange times you mean the ever-increasing fascistic nature of our government then, no, not strange times at all. Things have been trending this way for a very very long time.

Please dude. The last 10 years and especially the last two or so are on a whole nother level.

yermom
12/9/2010, 02:39 AM

i don't get it either

it's not like we are talking warrantless wiretaps here

nothing in this seems like some breach of privacy. i'm not exactly worried about what someone sees me doing in public at Walmart

Blue
12/9/2010, 02:45 AM
i don't get it either

nothing in this seems like some breach of privacy. i'm not exactly worried about what someone sees me doing in public at Walmart

Do you not find it creepy that for instance you'd be checking out at a grocery store and and all the while Big Sis is informing you to "keep an eye out" for suspicious behavior?

What constitutes suspicious behavior? And who are the busybodies at walmart to judge it? History should tell us that this is not the path we want to go down. Training everybody to be a rat. Now its extremists, but who's next?

I swear I can't see how people continually defend these measures all in the name of "security."

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 02:51 AM
It scares the bejesus out of me.

Whether you have anything to hide is not the point. The point is, in a free society we shouldn't have the government coming across like it's 1936 telling people to spy on your fellow citizens.

It's disturbing as hell.

yermom
12/9/2010, 02:52 AM
this sounds like something they should be doing anyway

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 02:56 AM
:sigh:

I need to buy myself a shack in the backwoods of Montana.

...scratch that....Montana is a yankee state.

yermom
12/9/2010, 02:59 AM
what do you guys think about the Patriot Act?

this seems like small potatoes compared to that

Blue
12/9/2010, 03:01 AM
this sounds like something they should be doing anyway

Yes because life is scary and dangerous. Good thing we have somebody looking out for us. :rolleyes:

Blue
12/9/2010, 03:05 AM

The patriot act is also BS. But not quite as in your face as this. They'll keep on with this crap and people will not like it. Those people will then become the enemy.

We already have people getting reported left and right for trivial bs. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Call me a tinfoil hatter and a kook but I'm done with this govt. I will peacefully resist.

Leroy Lizard
12/9/2010, 03:07 AM
I thought the new dude was supposed to change all this.

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 03:13 AM

The Patriot Act is an abomination. The Pitchfork Brigade should have marched on Washington with torches blazing over that legislation.

This is actually far worse than even Napolitano. At least her batass-crazy ramblings about spying on people at Wal-Mart don't have the force of law.

yermom
12/9/2010, 03:14 AM
if you see a dude buying a bunch of pay as you go cell phones, acetone and hydrogen peroxide, you think you should talk to someone? what about the guy asking for ammonium nitrate?

maybe Cletus likes to buy the legal limit of Sudafed every day.

what kind of abuses are you so worried about? i don't see any special powers being given. they are just telling people to be alert from what i can tell.

yermom
12/9/2010, 03:16 AM
and yeah, i'm not a fan of the Patriot Act, but worrying about this seems a little paranoid

and from me, that kinda means something...

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 03:19 AM
if you see a dude buying a bunch of pay as you go cell phones, acetone and hydrogen peroxide, you think you should talk to someone? what about the guy asking for ammonium nitrate?

what kind of abuses are you so worried about? i don't see any special powers being given. they are just telling people to be alert from what i can tell.

Nope. I absolutely do not. I don't give a **** what other people buy, and I'm sure as hell not going to report them to the f'n Feds. The reason why is that everyone's perception of what is dangerous is different. I don't see a damned thing wrong with someone buying enough guns and ammo to outfit a resistance movement against some Banana Republic, but I'm sure someone else would.

The exception to this is: 1. They're clearly not American citizens (i.e. they're foreigners/from the mid-east) OR 2. I clearly hear them making plans to harm other people or property.

Yes, I would racially profile. I have no problem at all doing that so long as I have cause to believe they aren't American citizens. Criticize that line of thinking all you want, but it isn't nearly as crazy as the government wanting to institutionalize spying on each other.

Blue
12/9/2010, 03:21 AM

Maybe I think its more economical to buy pay as you go phones, maybe I bleed easily and need that peroxide, maybe if I'm Cletus I get colds constantly.

How about you mind your own ****ing business?

No offense, yermom. ;)

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 03:24 AM
How about you mind your own ****ing business?

EXACTLY.

yermom
12/9/2010, 03:25 AM
you say that now, then it's like "why didn't you say anything when Achmed bought all the stuff to blow up his car at your store?"

olevetonahill
i don't get it either

Im more worried about some one SEEING me at a walmart :eek:

Blue
and yeah, i'm not a fan of the Patriot Act, but worrying about this seems a little paranoid

and from me, that kinda means something...

So you want to live in a world where Big Sis/Bro is constantly reminding you (ON A BIGSCREEN!) to keep on the watch? Stay vigilant. Don't question them, but damn sure question your buddy drinkin a beer w/ ya at the bar?

Stay in a constant state of fear? The total opposite of freedom? Be a good slave to the state for the greater good?

Our country is so screwed.

yermom
12/9/2010, 03:27 AM
so you'd be cool if your neighbors were making bombs or meth or whatever next door, and if you noticed it going on you'd do nothing?

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 03:30 AM
So you want to live in a world where Big Sis/Bro is constantly reminding you (ON A BIGSCREEN!) to keep on the watch? Stay vigilant. Don't question them, but damn sure question your buddy drinkin a beer w/ ya at the bar?

Stay in a constant state of fear? The total opposite of freedom? Be a good slave to the state for the greater good?

Our country is so screwed.

I'm becoming a fan of...well...you. In a non-ghey sort of way.

Politicians on both sides of the aisle are using the irrational fear of terrorism to expand the scope of the Federal government and increase the power of their little individual bureaucratic fiefdoms.

Blue
12/9/2010, 03:31 AM
so you'd be cool if your neighbors were making bombs or meth or whatever next door, and if you noticed it going on you'd do nothing?

Why do i need a constant reminder everywhere I ****in go that its the right thing to do? Am I completely braindead? I need that hairy beeyotch telling me while I check out, ride the train, watch commercials (Believe me its coming) how to be a human?

Its conditioning 101. Accept the new Security/Police State. Resistance is Futile.

yermom
12/9/2010, 03:33 AM

Politicians on both sides of the aisle are using the irrational fear of terrorism to expand the scope of the Federal government and increase the power of their little individual bureaucratic fiefdoms.

how is this expanding the power of the federal government?

it's not like they are deputizing Walmart employees

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 03:33 AM

That's a completely different issue. That is your own independent observation of an illegal and dangerous activity.

What we're talking about here is the government encouraging you to spy on people at Wal-Mart presumably making what someone might consider "suspicious" purchases. In the case of the latter, you're making a huge assumption on what someone is going to do with the otherwise legal items the're purchasing.

In the case of the former, you are actually witnessing a criminal activity.

Apples and oranges.

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 03:34 AM
how is this expanding the power of the federal government?

it's not like they are deputizing Walmart employees

I'm speaking in general terms with actions such as the Patriot Act, the nationalizing of airport security, the creation of a plethora of new intelligence gathering agencies, etc. etc.

yermom
12/9/2010, 03:34 AM
the message is to be alert, they just happen to be telling you at Walmart because you are likely to go there

this is basically just a PSA campaign

the rest about fearmongering i agree with, but the Walmart thing is pretty tame

Blue
12/9/2010, 03:35 AM

Exactly. Now watch seemingly intelligent people on this forum dismiss this idea and put their ostrich heads back in the sand.

Blue
12/9/2010, 03:36 AM
the message is to be alert, they just happen to be telling you at Walmart because you are likely to go there

YOU'RE likely to go there!

Burn. ;)

yermom
12/9/2010, 03:37 AM
as much as i'd rather not, i do go there :D

i like Target better, but it's on the other side of town, and not open as late

Blue
12/9/2010, 03:42 AM

this is basically just a PSA campaign

the rest about fearmongering i agree with, but the Walmart thing is pretty tame

And the message is to be a good little slave. The govt doesn't give two ****s about you. If they did they wouldn't be selling us and our children and grandchildren down the river to global indentured servitude. they wouldnt be waging war all over the globe to make sure Goldman Sachs stocks didnt dip a point or two. They wouldn't be making corrupt deals with corrupt govts to secure rights to an oil or poppy field. They would do what they're ****ing supposed to which is defend the mfin borders and maintain our country by keeping the jobs here at home.

yermom
12/9/2010, 03:47 AM
none of that has anything to do with this :D

i'm just glad the top 1% or whatever got to keep their tax break ;)

Blue
12/9/2010, 03:51 AM
none of that has anything to do with this :D

i'm just glad the top 1% or whatever got to keep their tax break ;)

Raaaaaaage!!! :D

AlbqSooner
12/9/2010, 08:45 AM
Ya'll keep making fun of Janet partnering with Wally World. Just remember, it was Wally World that sold replacement tires to the Topeka chuch goers when they visited McAlester.;)

The
12/9/2010, 09:22 AM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1736/200905amusingourselvest.png

My Opinion Matters
12/9/2010, 09:43 AM
That was posted here in 2006, The. Now go die of AIDS.

The
12/9/2010, 09:45 AM
That was posted here in 2006, The. Now go die of AIDS.

Nobody was here in 2006.

And I've got a Magic Johnson to keep the AIDS away.

My Opinion Matters
12/9/2010, 09:46 AM
Nobody was here in 2006.

And I've got a Magic Johnson to keep the AIDS away.

Is this an original thought? Or is it stolen from someone in 2006 also?

The
12/9/2010, 09:49 AM
Is this an original thought? Or is it stolen from someone in 2006 also?

No.

DIB
12/9/2010, 10:16 AM
The, quit pissing off MOM. S/he is sensitive.

My Opinion Matters
12/9/2010, 10:23 AM
The, quit pissing off MOM. S/he is sensitive.

Yeah!

The
12/9/2010, 10:25 AM
Yeah!

WHAT!

DIB
12/9/2010, 10:26 AM

^
|
This does not seem appropriate...

My Opinion Matters
WHAT!

Hi.

My Opinion Matters

This does not seem appropriate...

You can't have my real address, creepy internet guy.

The
12/9/2010, 10:27 AM
Hi.

Correct answer was : OKAY!

http://tbohiphop.net/upload/files/19/Pictures/Lil%20Jon.jpg

No LULZ will be awarded.

DIB
12/9/2010, 10:27 AM
You can't have my real address, creepy internet guy.

Pfft...stu already got it for me through your ip address. There is no anonymity on the internets.

My Opinion Matters
12/9/2010, 10:28 AM
Pfft...stu already got it for me through your ip address. There is no anonymity on the internets.

My "I Pee" address is my toilet! Ha ha! Have fun in my toilet, sucker!

The
12/9/2010, 10:29 AM

That Stu is a pretty cool guy. Eh stalks people online and doesn't afraid of anything.

My Opinion Matters
12/9/2010, 10:32 AM
That Stu is a pretty cool guy. Eh stalks people online and doesn't afraid of anything.

Is this newspeak?

The
12/9/2010, 10:33 AM
Is this newspeak?

And you claim to have been on the INTERNET in 2006.

AlboSooner
12/9/2010, 10:36 AM
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Any questions?

My Opinion Matters
12/9/2010, 10:40 AM
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Any questions?

Will you do my daughter's book report?

AlboSooner
12/9/2010, 12:20 PM
Will you do my daughter's book report?

Sure.

My Opinion Matters
12/9/2010, 12:28 PM
You seem like a nice guy.

NormanPride
12/9/2010, 12:29 PM
Aren't we supposed to do this anyway?

yermom
12/9/2010, 02:02 PM
Aren't we supposed to do this anyway?

that's what i said!

2121Sooner
12/9/2010, 02:54 PM
I once saw a guy peeing on a guy masturbating at The Walmart.

Who do I tell?

NormanPride
12/9/2010, 03:15 PM
Penthouse.

Midtowner
12/9/2010, 03:24 PM
Attn people who are upset about this:

You could have voted for Ron Paul.

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2010, 03:35 PM
Attn people who are upset about this:

You could have voted for Ron Paul.

I did the next best thing -- I voted for Bob Barr.

Ctina
12/10/2010, 03:10 AM
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Any questions?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/gen3sooner/smilies/hairfire.gif