PDA

View Full Version : A rare Sooner occurance happened to me today.

OUinFLA
12/7/2010, 08:56 PM
I live in the middle of where my forum name says.

Walked out of Lowes this afternoon, and dropped my jaw.

Standing out front was a nice young lady wearing an OU jacket.

Turns out she was from Okla City and a long time Sooner Fan.
Nice woman.

In 35 years Ive seen about 3 hats, one sweatshirt, a couple of bumper stickers, but never an OU jacket.

Made my day better.

swardboy
12/7/2010, 09:00 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.

usaosooner
12/7/2010, 11:04 PM
I visited Cali three years ago and saw a ton of OU gear in Modesto I was shocked

OKLA21FAN
12/7/2010, 11:23 PM
I live in the middle of where my forum name says.

Walked out of Lowes this afternoon, and dropped my jaw.

Standing out front was a nice young lady wearing an OU jacket.

Turns out she was from Okla City and a long time Sooner Fan.
Nice woman.

In 35 years Ive seen about 3 hats, one sweatshirt, a couple of bumper stickers, but never an OU jacket.

Made my day better.
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

happy ending??? :pop:

Soonerman82
12/7/2010, 11:34 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.

This

soonerbrat
12/7/2010, 11:56 PM
I met a guy in LA that had OU tattooed on his ankle. Also met a guy at the beach in san diego wearing an OU shirt. I was in my car and he was walking by and I said "Boomer" and was pleasantly surprised to hear him say back "Sooner!"

olevetonahill
12/8/2010, 12:42 AM
I think Yall are missing it. Think about it, a JACKET in mid Fla. ;)
He said hes seen other stuff.:D

AlbqSooner
12/8/2010, 06:50 AM
When I lived in St. Pete, I saw too much eskimo joes carp.

AlbqSooner
12/8/2010, 06:51 AM

Yeah, the Chamber of Commerece will bust his arse for letting that out.:D

SunnySooner
12/8/2010, 09:07 AM
Here in Jax, FL a little to the north of you, OU in FLA, we actually have more than a few Sooners in our little area of town. In fact, one of the kids in my sons Scout troop comes from a Sooner family. His mom is from Edmond, and they both wear OU stuff a lot. He went with us to the OU game in Miami last year, they are cool peeps.

virginiasooner
12/8/2010, 09:52 AM
Whenever I see tourist* sporting OU gear, I always give them a quiet "Boomer"! They always looked so shocked -- oh, there are Sooners outside of Oklahoma, even in the Nation's capital? After a few seconds, I usually get a "Sooner" in response. I always ask them where they are from, what they have seen, and tell them to avoid the Hard Rock Cafe.

*Tourists carry maps

OUinFLA
12/8/2010, 09:53 AM

you're a perceptive ole dude.
Had a temp range of 28-62 yesterday.

Im moving to Panama.

To all the above, yes she was a "cute" young lady. I thought about getting her name and number to introduce to my GRANDSON when he comes to visit this month. At least she has the right attitude.

olevetonahill
12/8/2010, 10:08 AM
you're a perceptive ole dude.
Had a temp range of 28-62 yesterday.

Im moving to Panama.

To all the above, yes she was a "cute" young lady. I thought about getting her name and number to introduce to my GRANDSON when he comes to visit this month. At least she has the right attitude.

hey, Im not just a purty face :D

Harry Beanbag
12/8/2010, 10:11 AM
Did you PIITB?

badger
12/8/2010, 10:26 AM
NP and I ran on the beach in OU gear after Texas lost to A&M, but before the Pokes their comeuppance. Tons of UT gear everywhere... submissive, silent, quiet, no eye contact. OU's your daddy, beyonces! And you KNOW it

OhU1
12/8/2010, 11:12 AM
I saw an old guy at the U.S. Open Tennis in NYC wearing an OU cap and I had an OU cap on. That was the only OU gear I saw in NYC. I saw 3 or 4 OU shirts/caps in San Francisco but probably 15 or so * shirts/caps (probably more Horns in SF being there to cruise the Castro).

Jammin'
12/8/2010, 11:24 AM
Wal-Marts are everywhere

Oldnslo
12/8/2010, 11:36 AM
I saw another guy in an OU cap in Vancouver. He got "Boomer". I got a shocked Sooner in response.

SouthFortySooner
12/8/2010, 06:19 PM
I saw another guy in an OU cap in Vancouver. He got "Boomer". I got a shocked Sooner in response.

Washington or B.C.? If WA it mighta been me. :D