PDA

View Full Version : Teblow after Mcdaniels

StiffArmTrophy
12/7/2010, 08:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-tebowmcdaniels120610
I thought this an interesting read!

waynepayne
12/7/2010, 08:32 PM
"This is a league where at least 75 percent of the coaches and personnel people are not Tebow-ites.”

Wait till he gets his hands on them...

allanace16
12/7/2010, 08:37 PM
This was my first thought. McDaniels gone means the Right Reverend better get it together pretty quick, or he'll be back in Florida selling insurance.

StiffArmTrophy
12/7/2010, 08:39 PM
I am a Denver fan and I know I'll be very happy to get him out of town! Stop taking up room on the salary cap so that we can put that towards signing someone actually worthy of a roster spot on an NFL team!

cccasooner2
12/7/2010, 08:58 PM
Maybe Tebow will go to Buffalo. Chan Gailey historically always had a ****-boy on his roster.

booomer
12/7/2010, 09:30 PM
That was a very interesting read.....I'll be curious to see how this plays out.

VA Sooner
12/7/2010, 09:40 PM
Very interesting read. Will see what happens... expect a lot of dramatic changes in Denver. Team has been decimated with trades.

85sooners
12/7/2010, 09:43 PM
F teabAg

fadada1
12/7/2010, 09:46 PM
"This is a league where at least 75 percent of the coaches and personnel people are not Tebow-ites.”

Wait till he gets his hands on them...

are you suggesting that his touch does not cure hate??? because to suggest anything else is blasphemy!!!!

lasooner123
12/7/2010, 10:57 PM
hey stiffarm have fun paying 3 coaches next year.

badger
12/7/2010, 11:06 PM
Tebow hate aside, dude does sell jerseys and probably put some butts in seats... not that denver's ever struggled with fan disinterest like, say, jax

StiffArmTrophy
12/7/2010, 11:08 PM
hey stiffarm have fun paying 3 coaches next year.

The worst part is that I have hear WADE PHILLIPS as a rumored candidate!!!! It turns out Denver has already been there and done that and it didn't work out so well :( .

agoo758
12/8/2010, 12:26 AM
Tebow hate aside, dude does sell jerseys and probably put some butts in seats... not that denver's ever struggled with fan disinterest like, say, jax

Back-up quarterbacks are only going to sell jerseys for so long.

sooner518
12/8/2010, 12:48 AM
you mean Tebow in the first round WASNT a good pick?

shocker:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
12/8/2010, 01:42 AM
Amazing what you can do with an article that has zero substance.

KantoSooner
12/8/2010, 09:05 AM
This was my first thought. McDaniels gone means the Right Reverend better get it together pretty quick, or he'll be back in Florida selling insurance.

What a moment: Timmah goes to the door of his condo to pay the pizza delivery guy and finds .... Chase Daniel there!

He could try to sell him a burial policy while Chase made change.

badger
12/8/2010, 10:23 AM
He'd best start learning how to be Brad Smith (former Mizzou guy) or any of the other college QB's that are now something else at the pro level. He doesn't suck completely - he did get several touchdowns as a runner - and it's not like he'd never throw the ball again.

I know he wants to be a QB badly, but so do tons of high schoolers looking to play in college who have to switch primarily to another position. That's football.

NorCal Sooner
12/8/2010, 10:32 AM
you mean Tebow in the first round WASNT a good pick?

shocker:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and they traded up to get him too....

sooneron
12/8/2010, 10:33 AM
He'd best start learning how to be Brad Smith (former Mizzou guy) or any of the other college QB's that are now something else at the pro level. He doesn't suck completely - he did get several touchdowns as a runner - and it's not like he'd never throw the ball again.

I know he wants to be a QB badly, but so do tons of high schoolers looking to play in college who have to switch primarily to another position. That's football.

This^

If he wants to get on the field and earn his keep, he needs to suck it up and get out there in an H back position or something. I'm not sure that Brad Smith is a good correlation, as he returns kicks and timmah is not fast enough for that. He'd be better suited doing a team a favor by filling two roster spots - H Back/TE hybrid type and 3rd string qb. I just don't see any other team taking the chance on him because you would have to build your offense around him. That's a two year deal and if he still sucks in the 3rd year, your gone as a HC.

Sooner Tri
12/8/2010, 11:03 AM
Haven't seen any Bronco games this year when Tebow ran the Wildcat. Sounds like he has been fairly successfull at it (3 rushing & 1 passing TD), is there some reason they haven't done more of it?
When they drafted him, I thought that role would be best for him. I'd also have him in there as the holder for FG's & PA's, and fake it every so often. Just something to keep the defenses on guard.

I probably wouldn't like TT if he were on another team, but I bet I'd like him if he were on my team. Wonder what his Bronco teammates think of him?

SoonerLB
12/8/2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by fadada1 - "are you suggesting that his touch does not cure hate??? because to suggest anything else is blasphemy!!!!"

Actually, his touch does something else . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/tebowtime.jpg

-------------------------------------

Originally posted by KantoSooner - "What a moment: Timmah goes to the door of his condo to pay the pizza delivery guy and finds .... Chase Daniel there!

He could try to sell him a burial policy while Chase made change."

Actually, he plans to get in the jewelry business, specifically watches . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/Tebowinthealley.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
12/8/2010, 02:43 PM

He SOLD jerseys. My guess is that the sale of Tebow jerseys has dropped off precipitously since the season started. I'd like to see a sales chart.

Soonerfan88
12/8/2010, 02:44 PM
Hmmm.....Teblow in line to be cut from Denver & Urban quits Florida. Maybe they plan on running away together. :D

Landthief 1972
12/8/2010, 05:04 PM
He should move to Napa Valley. Friar Tebow Chardonnay would be a best-seller, especially if people could see him turn it from water to wine while they watched. He could offer a free circumcision with a purchase of a gallon jug of wine.

KantoSooner
12/8/2010, 05:21 PM
He should move to Napa Valley. Friar Tebow Chardonnay would be a best-seller, especially if people could see him turn it from water to wine while they watched. He could offer a free circumcision with a purchase of a gallon jug of wine.

I just had the most horrifying concept of how he could turn water into mild yellow liquid. And of the hordes of folks from Florida who'd pay him for it.

hgarmorer
12/8/2010, 08:41 PM
It doesn't matter how many jersey's he sales. All the jersey sales revenue goes back to the league and it is divided between all the teams. Let him sale as much as he wants, makes no difference

sooneron
12/8/2010, 09:45 PM
Let him sale? :rolleyes:

winout
12/8/2010, 10:18 PM
Jealousy sucks.

bluedogok
12/8/2010, 10:35 PM
They need to trade Tebow to Jacksonville....

It doesn't matter how many jersey's he sales. All the jersey sales revenue goes back to the league and it is divided between all the teams. Let him sale as much as he wants, makes no difference
A few years ago I saw an article about that revenue stream, the NFL gets the majority of it but some goes to the teams. The teams also produce and market their own merchandise in addition to the NFL/Reebok produced merchandise that every team has, the teams keep a higher percentage of revenue of that product than the NFL/Reebok stuff.

Landthief 1972
12/8/2010, 11:24 PM
Jealousy sucks.

So does sanctimoniously tooting your own horn while looking down your nose at everyone else. Face it, Tebow is a victim of a glut of coverage received about his squeaky-clean image in college, and nobody wants to be reminded how mortal and ordinary they are compared to a guy who already has physical gifts, then ends up being a philanthropist to boot.

soonerbub
12/8/2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by fadada1 - "are you suggesting that his touch does not cure hate??? because to suggest anything else is blasphemy!!!!"

Actually, his touch does something else . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/tebowtime.jpg

-------------------------------------

Originally posted by KantoSooner - "What a moment: Timmah goes to the door of his condo to pay the pizza delivery guy and finds .... Chase Daniel there!

He could try to sell him a burial policy while Chase made change."

I nominate this as post of the year for the SoonerLB graffiti
GOLD JERRY GOLD

StiffArmTrophy
12/9/2010, 12:01 AM
Haven't seen any Bronco games this year when Tebow ran the Wildcat. Sounds like he has been fairly successfull at it (3 rushing & 1 passing TD), is there some reason they haven't done more of it?
When they drafted him, I thought that role would be best for him. I'd also have him in there as the holder for FG's & PA's, and fake it every so often. Just something to keep the defenses on guard.

I probably wouldn't like TT if he were on another team, but I bet I'd like him if he were on my team. Wonder what his Bronco teammates think of him?

He really hasn't been that successful in running the wildcat is the thing! He only has those because they were all near the goalline. He doesn't have any play over 15 yards yet. I'm thinking his longest play is actually 11 yards and if I'm right it's his only one even over ten yards!

SoonerPr8r
12/9/2010, 10:39 AM
Meyer quits florida right after McDaniels gets fired? Perhaps ole Urban is hoping to coach Denver so he can be with Timmah again.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/9/2010, 10:44 AM

For a second, I thought those were all his championship rings! :O

(takes cover) :D

catsigater
12/9/2010, 02:16 PM
Amazing what you can do with an article that has zero substance.

Dude needs to sign on with Bleacher Report.

Fraggle145
12/9/2010, 02:32 PM
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5747/goodbyeurban.gif

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/9/2010, 02:47 PM
Amazing what you can do with an article that has zero substance.Lotta "dislike" out there,for St. Timmy.

catsigater
12/9/2010, 04:22 PM
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5747/goodbyeurban.gif

LSU Freak rocks...

SunnySooner
12/9/2010, 05:50 PM
Jacksonville DOES NOT want His Tebowness...we suck bad enough as it is. And if you live in Jax, as I do, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting Tim or one of his relatives. I've personally seen him 3 times, all unintentional!!! He shows up at football games, concerts, church...

We have Tebow-fatigue already, please do not inflict him on our Jaguars.

Eddie Money
12/9/2010, 07:23 PM
The worst part is that I have hear WADE PHILLIPS as a rumored candidate!!!! It turns out Denver has already been there and done that and it didn't work out so well :( .

Dear God, as a fellow Bronco fan, I hope not. The only choices that would make me happy are:

1. Apologize and beg Shanahan to come back
2. Gary Kubiak (It is his rightful place)
3. Mike Leach

Sooner_Tuf
12/9/2010, 07:48 PM
Trinity Broadcasting Network didn't have a NFL analyst before now.

Leroy Lizard
12/9/2010, 08:51 PM
SunnySooner DOES NOT want His Tebowness...

FIFY :P

StiffArmTrophy
12/9/2010, 09:03 PM
Dear God, as a fellow Bronco fan, I hope not. The only choices that would make me happy are:

1. Apologize and beg Shanahan to come back
2. Gary Kubiak (It is his rightful place)
3. Mike Leach

I would love to have Kubiak and then beg Mike Nolan back to coach the defense!!! Now that would be a heck of a start for a coaching staff!!!

3DSooner
12/9/2010, 09:08 PM

I'm guessing he will be doin circumcisions in Paraguay by June!

3D

bluedogok
12/9/2010, 10:56 PM
Jacksonville DOES NOT want His Tebowness...we suck bad enough as it is. And if you live in Jax, as I do, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting Tim or one of his relatives. I've personally seen him 3 times, all unintentional!!! He shows up at football games, concerts, church...

We have Tebow-fatigue already, please do not inflict him on our Jaguars.
Perfect fit for a moribund franchise, go back home with all of his Gator faithful.

That gives me an idea......

The Tim Tebow NFL Team Resurrection Tour coming soon!!!!!

He can go to every team and increase the jersey sales of each team, because you know a bunch of those Gator suckers will buy each and every one.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/9/2010, 11:08 PM
Yeeha! I just added Brady Quinn to my roster!

StiffArmTrophy
12/9/2010, 11:28 PM
Hey we traded a pretty good running back for that piece of trash lol!!! Cut Teblow first and then Brady Quinn better be right behind him!!!

catsigater
12/11/2010, 04:10 PM
Back-up quarterbacks are only going to sell jerseys for so long.

True.

WTF??? Tim Tebow still leads NFL jersey sales (Tim Tebow still leads NFL jersey sales)

StiffArmTrophy
12/12/2010, 09:25 PM
True.

WTF??? Tim Tebow still leads NFL jersey sales (Tim Tebow still leads NFL jersey sales)

:eek:

bluedogok
12/12/2010, 10:31 PM
Here's a list from a Sports Business Daily article (http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/143586).

Sports Business Daily - Collateral Damage: Roethlisberger Off NFL Top Jersey Sales List (http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/143586)

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger is "nowhere to be found" on the list of top 25 NFL jersey sales from April through October on NFLShop.com, the first time he has not been part of the list since "early September of his rookie season six years ago, before he was made the ... starting quarterback," according to Darren Rovell of CNBC.com. Roethlisberger began the '09 season "ranked fifth in jersey sales and finished the year at No. 11." However, sales "started to precipitously drop off" following accusations of sexual assault last spring. Eagles QB Michael Vick, who began the '09 season ranked No. 4, is "also missing from the list." It appears the "market for his jerseys might have been the fans who bought the once-maligned quarterback's jersey last offseason." Broncos rookie QB Tim Tebow continues to lead the sales list despite the fact he "has barely played" this season. Should Tebow maintain his ranking through the end of the year, he will be the "first rookie since the league began compiling its list that would finish the year at the No. 1 spot" (CNBC.com, 11/11).

TOP-SELLING NFL PLAYER JERSEYS FROM APRIL THROUGH OCTOBER
1) Broncos QB Tim Tebow
2) Saints QB Drew Brees
3) Steelers S Troy Polamalu
4) Colts QB Peyton Manning
5) Vikings QB Brett Favre
6) Packers QB Aaron Rodgers
7) Patriots QB Tom Brady
8) Cowboys WR Miles Austin
9) Redskins QB Donovan McNabb
10) Cowboys QB Tony Romo
11) Jets QB Mark Sanchez
12) Giants QB Eli Manning
13) Eagles WR DeSean Jackson
14) Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald
15) Vikings RB Adrian Peterson
16) Cowboys TE Jason Witten
17) Chargers QB Philip Rivers
18) Titans RB Chris Johnson
19) 49ers LB Patrick Willis
20) Rams QB Sam Bradford
21) Ravens RB Ray Rice
22) Jets CB Darrelle Revis
23) Bengals WR Chad Ochocinco
24) Bears LB Brian Urlacher
25) Patriots WR Wes Welker

TOP-SELLING NFL TEAM JERSEYS FROM APRIL THROUGH OCTOBER
1) Cowboys
2) Steelers
3) Saints
4) Giants
5) Broncos
6) Bears
7) Vikings
8) Redskins
9) Packers
10) Jets

I did see an article after this one that had Brady at 5 and Rodgers at 6 jumping Favre who was at 7, Tebow was still 1.