PDA

View Full Version : UConn vs. Air Force

SoonerNutt
12/7/2010, 05:35 PM
How similar are the two teams offensive philosophies?

Haven't seen Uconn football team, ever. Just curious what kind of stuff they like to do on offense.

cvsooner
12/7/2010, 05:43 PM
They're not wishbone. Run option out of the I, much like Nebraska. And they have the nation's top running back in yards gained (Todman), who despite everybody knowing that's what they're going to do...he did it. Not much passing to speak of. We're going to have our hands full, and we cannot let them control the ball and run the clock. Score early and often...no red zone breakdowns this time, or we're in trouble.

85sooners
12/7/2010, 05:46 PM
:eek:

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2010, 06:27 PM
I've only seen a little of Uconn on TV, but I didn't see much option. It was straight power running followed by (ineffective) play action passing. The QBs I saw were not much of running threats. But I do like the comparisons to AFA in that they are a run biased team that must control the clock. Their defense is probably better than AFA and very disciplined. We probably won't get big plays off busted assignments, but rather on match-ups. And these guys look mentally tough and won't give up easily (like AFA).

Okie35
12/7/2010, 07:53 PM
they just run the ball, barely throw .. they're pretty good on special teams

bent rider
12/7/2010, 09:08 PM
they're pretty good on special teams

Rhut..roh....

beegee
12/7/2010, 09:23 PM
Haven't seen Uconn football team, ever. Just curious what kind of stuff they like to do on offense.

Some 2010 UConn highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/user/santini35

VA Sooner
12/7/2010, 09:31 PM
Disciplined team, especially on defense. Had a tough beginning of the season but won several straight in the a row based on the power running game.

Jason Todman is the number 2 running back in FBS in terms of yards. He gets his yards due to tough, powerful running right through you and with his low-center of gravity, tough to pull down. This in the face of teams prepping for UConn knowing they will run most of the time and put the ball in the hands of Todman for 25-35 carries a game. And he still gets his yardage.

Let's prepare for this team as we have prepared for every team. Play disciplined football and like Stoops said in the beginning of the Big 12 CCG... "just keep playing football."

BudSooner
12/7/2010, 10:35 PM
Disciplined team, especially on defense. Had a tough beginning of the season but won several straight in the a row based on the power running game.

Jason Todman is the number 2 running back in FBS in terms of yards. He gets his yards due to tough, powerful running right through you and with his low-center of gravity, tough to pull down. This in the face of teams prepping for UConn knowing they will run most of the time and put the ball in the hands of Todman for 25-35 carries a game. And he still gets his yardage.

Let's prepare for this team as we have prepared for every team. Play disciplined football and like Stoops said in the beginning of the Big 12 CCG... "just keep playing football."Would you say he is similar to Gerhart? From what i've seen, the kid is pretty close.