PDA

View Full Version : Stoops on Wilson's departure

Jay C. Upchurch
12/7/2010, 04:47 PM
Oklahoma Head Football Coach Bob Stoops released the following statement today regarding the hiring of OU Offensive Coordinator Kevin Wilson as the head football coach at Indiana …

“We want to thank Kevin for his role in helping our program win six of the seven Big 12 Championships we’ve accumulated over the last 12 seasons. His attention to detail, innovation and ability to develop players to their fullest ability have helped us remain a strong program. Our offenses have been effective because they’re multiple and dynamic, and yet loyal to the basic football principles of being physical and fundamentally sound. By going to Indiana, Kevin returns to a region of the country and a conference that he knows very well. He’ll have a solid plan for the football program there and the dedication required to carry it out. Kevin, Angie and the entire Wilson family leave with our gratitude for a job well done with the Sooners, and our best wishes for continued success with the Hoosiers.”

Stoops said he will address the process for filling the position and the coaching arrangement for the upcoming Fiesta Bowl later this week or the first part of next week.

OU SID Report

budbarrybob
12/7/2010, 04:51 PM
"and in the end... if we meet on the field of play... we'll have absolutely no mercy in handing them a proper beat down. OK?"

rekamrettuB
12/7/2010, 05:41 PM
"and in the end... if we meet on the field of play... we'll have absolutely no mercy in handing them a proper beat down. OK?"

Ya, just ask Bo Pelini and Mike Leach.

usaosooner
12/7/2010, 05:43 PM
Boys have the week off. Everyone else is out recruiting.. going to be a fun 7 days

fadada1
12/7/2010, 05:47 PM
i wonder if coach stoops as ever seen the "official game thread" on SF after a loss.:D

85sooners
12/7/2010, 05:49 PM
:cool:

fwsooner22
12/7/2010, 06:08 PM
So what now .....will it be Heupel for the Fiesta ? You guys know more than I do....

pappy
12/7/2010, 06:12 PM
Rumor is it will be Jay Norvell taking over OC with Heupel as assistant OC for the bowl game. I'm hoping its just for the bowl game and not a permanent move. I would like stoops to branch out and bring in someone else but still run the up tempo offense.

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2010, 06:20 PM
i wonder if coach stoops as ever seen the "official game thread" on SF even after a win.:D

FIFY