PDA

View Full Version : Dear Nebraska...

StoopTroup
12/7/2010, 02:16 PM
I have to say this....

NU Fans in person at a Tailgate > Than the NU Fans on a Message Board.

It was incredible to see how many of your Fans made the trip to jerry world.

Even though I still think your School is making a huge mistake leaving the Big XII with the win OUr Sooners posted Saturday over your Team....It still is hard to believe the Rivalry is over. As a Sooner, I am definitely happy as hell we got the last word in as it personally gives me the closure I need to be able to let all of this go.

Good Luck to your Team/School in the Big Whatever it is now.

You guys are definitely still the 2nd classiest NCAA Football Fans....it's always cool when 1 and 2 face off like we did....still....it's hard to believe 1 and two will be in separate Conferences now. You guys will be the classiest Fans in the Big Whatever though. Good Luck to you all.

ST

rainiersooner
12/7/2010, 02:18 PM
I agree with this - nice post.

sooner_born_1960
12/7/2010, 02:29 PM
I spent Thursday night thru Sunday morning in lot 14, tailgating with all-comers. I didn't meet one arsehole NU fan the whole time.

KantoSooner
12/7/2010, 02:31 PM
I sincerely hope Nebs puts a hurtin' on the rest of the B10, forever!

badger
12/7/2010, 02:33 PM
So long, and thanks for all the fish. :)

gernblansten
12/7/2010, 02:40 PM
Any Fans in person at a Tailgate > Than the Any Fans on a Message Board.

2121Sooner
12/7/2010, 02:42 PM

I would thank this post 47straight times.

85sooners
12/7/2010, 02:48 PM
:cool:

SoonerNutt
12/7/2010, 03:04 PM
It's usually the case that the fans you meet in person are classier than the internet variety. I've had many pleasant encounters with UT fans in Dallas, even after games that were lopsided and fans of either school could be somewhat excused for being a sore winner/loser. People tend not to be a-holes to your face

Our history with the Huskers is unique, and it has been a respectful rivalry overall. Three things changed the perception of that over the last several years:

1) Internet
2) Big 12 scheduling
3) Callahan

I think it's tough for any two schools who play each other often to maintain that respectful relationship in the age of internet message boards. People say it's the "new" fans vs. the old "classy" fans, but I agree that people you meet at a tailgate are still generally more respectful than internet posters. Had we had these boards in the 70's and 80's, who knows how this rivalry would have been viewed?

At the end of the day, OU-NU still share a unique relationship in the history of college football, and maybe one day we'll end up in the same conference again and continue that relationship. Both schools owe the other a debt of gratitude for contributing to each school's role in the history of big-time college football, and that can't be forgotten just because of random fan smack.

Rocko
12/7/2010, 03:11 PM
So long, and thanks for all the Corn. :)

Fixed

EatLeadCommie
12/7/2010, 03:20 PM
I don't think there is any difference between internet fans and tailgate fans because they are, by and large, the same people. The difference is the medium by which an opinion is conveyed. The internet is very impersonal and the lack of face-to-face makes it easy to talk smack, misinterpret smack, or just generally be an a-hole if that's what your mood is at the moment. I think we all know people who are cordial and civil in person, but thrive on a sort of alt-persona on the internet.

badger
12/7/2010, 03:20 PM
It's a line from a famous novel, Rocko

I'll give you a hint - the ultimate answer is Ruuuuuuuufus Alexander :D

rekamrettuB
12/7/2010, 04:03 PM
Nebraska fans were fun before the game and very classy after. I hope our fans were the same.

bent rider
12/7/2010, 04:07 PM
So long, and thanks for all the high fructose corn syrup. :)

Fixed.

Tin Cup
12/7/2010, 04:12 PM
Maybe we will play them in the BCS Champiionship game.

TUSooner
12/7/2010, 04:44 PM
I sincerely hope Nebs puts a hurtin' on the rest of the B10, forever!

I agree. I'm annoyed that Nebbish left OUr conference, but I never really cared too much for any BigTelevenTwelve school. So Now there's one I can cheer for (with some restraint, perhaps) :)

sshusker
12/7/2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks for all the nice posts. I have never had any problem with Oklahoma fans in any venue. It is a rivalry that I will personally miss.

OhU1
12/7/2010, 05:14 PM
I predict within the next 5 years OU - Nebraska meet up in one bowl or another. The fans would turn up for this one even in a lesser bowl.

Reddoggie
12/7/2010, 06:41 PM
Tailgated in Lot 4, had a blast with all you Sooner fans. Had Nebraska fans tailgating on one side of us and Sooners on the other. It was nice to have good conversation with both sides. The game hurts, but I told any Sooner fan I ran into that it was a pleasure to call ya'll a rival. Good luck dealing with Texas antics and BS, and run the conference. GBR

Tigeman
12/7/2010, 06:47 PM

Ever been to a game against an SEC SEC SEC team (not counting Alabama)???

You might change your tune

Rocko
12/7/2010, 07:10 PM
It's a line from a famous novel, Rocko

I'll give you a hint - the ultimate answer is Ruuuuuuuufus Alexander :D

I know exactly where it's from, I just though my rendition was more befitting!

VA Sooner
12/7/2010, 10:05 PM
Definitely a good team and a loss for the Big 12, especially a storied rival.

Pellini brothers have done a good job bringing the Huskers back up from the dead and the Blackshirts are definitely back.

Good luck in the Big 10/11/12!

pweitkem
12/8/2010, 07:40 AM
I predict within the next 5 years OU - Nebraska meet up in one bowl or another. The fans would turn up for this one even in a lesser bowl.

The first chance a bowl has to get these two teams on the field, they'll jump on it.... we'll play again soon.

King Barry's Back
12/8/2010, 10:30 AM
Ever been to a game against an SEC SEC SEC team (not counting Alabama)???

You might change your tune

I went to a TIGER BAIT TIGER BAIT TIGER BAIT Sugar Bowl a few years back, and I second your emotion.

King Barry's Back
12/8/2010, 10:36 AM
The first chance a bowl has to get these two teams on the field, they'll jump on it.... we'll play again soon.

You are right, of course, but with all the conference tie-in contracts nowadays, there's not many chances for the Big XII to play the Big 10.

Looks like the Insight, Texas and TicketCity bowls all match up the Big XII and Big 10 (not sure if those are long-term contracts), but the Insight is the only one of those I'd expect to be seeing either OU or Nebraska in.

olevetonahill
12/8/2010, 10:37 AM
I saw one arsehole Fan at the Game . Made me so mad I wanted to rip his head off and shove his OU shirt down his throat:mad:
Later at Humperdinks a Neb Fan was trying to talk smack but he was so drunk we just LOL at him .:D

sooneron
12/8/2010, 10:56 AM
Those bugeater fans are going to have a blast with the Big tenelevenelve fans...

PahHn2WxUlI

LVVcvf9HFxw&NR=1